Pages:
Author

Topic: [CryptoNote] A complete forking guide to create your own CryptoNote currency - page 5. (Read 18485 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Well, competitiveness is always good especially for coins. Let's see what will be later. Good luck, guys!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Doesn't this just make it even easier for people without any knowledge of how to make an altcoin churn out hundreds of unneeded and unwanted shitcoins and scamcoins?

Yea, it does. This is a stupid ass move.
Activity: 59
This is a very interesting.
Great idea of first anonymous currency, i'm sure it will finalize in the near future that will dispel any our doubts.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
Bytecoin won't be mentioned as the reference code by tomorrow. It did perfect job on the earlier stages, but it's time for us to make our own reference code.

What made you change your mind and stand on bytecoin? Why now?

Activity: 532
Anyway, it's all stupid because at the moment only XMR is advancing towards that goal of mass adoption whereas the one hurting that goal are the designers of the technology.

It's already a politcal movement that looks a lot like bitcoin. It's a wonder such smart people can't see it - ah greed !

^This Smiley
You shouldn't be so fast, you know? There are a lot of discussion thread and dialogs here that can easily let us understand that "XMR engine" isn't so clean. Somebody believe that monero devs just stole their technologies, but anyway - they failed on the mass adoption way

Nobody failed, and nobody succeeded on the mass adoption way, in the world of cryptonote. This is just too hearly.
But I hardly believe creating dozens of copy-coins with slightly different numbers is going to help mass adoption of anything.
Do you think that something like http://www.coingen.io/ ever brought anything useful?

I'm really disgussed by 99% of the alt-coin world with useless copy-cats and so little innovation, so much greed and so little normal open-source spirit cooperation, etc. I find it sad that cryptonote is apparently taking that way. Since that makes me sad, I wonder what are the motives behind, this is a legitimate reaction.

The problem with altcoins is, effectively they are all fighting for hashrate. This is bad as it makes every network kind of insecure, the more coins are out the more hashrate is spread around them, in the end noone of those networks is secure.
So - it makes absolutely no sense to put out x coins especially when they use the same proof of work, theres absolutely no way to secure a small coin with a small hashrate.
Auroracoin was mentioned earlier as an example and that is the worst example you can take, there is simply no way a bunch of icelandic people can secure the  blockchain against a malicous attacker.

Look at this: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/auroracoin
They dont even have 1 ghash nethash, that means 3x KNC Miner Titan could 51% attack them easily.
Dogecoin is also a nice example, they had more hashrate than Litecoin and could effectively damage them if they wanted to.

This is my point, why this move is somewhat akward and dangerous.

PS: i currently consider only Bitcoin and maybe Litecoin as secure when it comes to that point.
legendary
Still wild and free
Anyway, it's all stupid because at the moment only XMR is advancing towards that goal of mass adoption whereas the one hurting that goal are the designers of the technology.

It's already a politcal movement that looks a lot like bitcoin. It's a wonder such smart people can't see it - ah greed !

^This Smiley
You shouldn't be so fast, you know? There are a lot of discussion thread and dialogs here that can easily let us understand that "XMR engine" isn't so clean. Somebody believe that monero devs just stole their technologies, but anyway - they failed on the mass adoption way

Nobody failed, and nobody succeeded on the mass adoption way, in the world of cryptonote. This is just too early.
But I hardly believe creating dozens of copy-coins with slightly different numbers is going to help mass adoption of anything.
Do you think that something like http://www.coingen.io/ ever brought anything useful?

I'm really disgussed by 99% of the alt-coin world with useless copy-cats and so little innovation, so much greed and so little normal open-source spirit cooperation, etc. I find it sad that cryptonote is apparently taking that way. Since that makes me sad, I wonder what are the motives behind, this is a legitimate reaction.
Activity: 46

^This Smiley
Activity: 546
Carpe Diem
What's up with the overwhelming negative response?

The guys share their knowledge with everyone who's interested and what they get in return is some BS about SSL certificate and ulterior motives.

Can we please stay more on-point? The topic is creating forks based on CN tehnology, not deducing why it isn't legitimate. If you feel that OP is trying to scam people, you are free to provide arguments, instead of creating more FUD where there is enough already. Alternatively you can always just stay out of a thread you don't like: it's that easy!
legendary
Still wild and free

^This Smiley
Activity: 53
Imo the only cure you can find for that is the time. Time will change the situation, time will bring more people to your technology and time will crush slave-providing financial system
The only time can do nothing. The goddamn current financial system could not be destroyed without people's support. So, guys from CryptoNote. If there is a God, i'm sure that he blessed you a years ago!
Activity: 63
We're not surprised with your response.

First of all, I suggest you re-read our philosophy: https://cryptonote.org/inside.php#philosophy

CryptoNote mission is to provide you with the tools that could be used to subvert the paradigm and decentralize the international financial system.
To the moon!

Unfortunately, the community is using decentralized currencies but still operates within centralized financial system frame.
Imo the only cure you can find for that is the time. Time will change the situation, time will bring more people to your technology and time will crush slave-providing financial system
Activity: 26
We're not surprised with your response.

First of all, I suggest you re-read our philosophy: https://cryptonote.org/inside.php#philosophy

CryptoNote mission is to provide you with the tools that could be used to subvert the paradigm and decentralize the international financial system. Such radical innovation should not be grown from within one center, it requires a lot of contributors to become a trend. We are concerned with strategic issues of the whole platform not a single coin, which is only a tiny part of the ecosystem that is being crafted at the moment. The advent of CryptoNote allowed to create first truly anonymous currencies, but the goal is to create a fair financial system.

We have stated it multiple times and I'm going to repeat it once again, we will never launch or maintain a real currency. We've opened this opportunity for the community to create and grow their own CryptoNote coins and let the market and developers teams decide which one is going to succeed and become the main CryptoNote currency. We're not jumping on this "train", we're working hard to create the rails for it and won't be lured away from our mission. That is why we are not going to specifically promote any of the existing currencies, and you have to face it.

Unfortunately, the community is using decentralized currencies but still operates within centralized financial system frame. While proponents of Bitcoin or any other particular currencies try to focus their efforts and create yet another centralized financial asset, we envision a much larger picture with a lot of co-existing cryptocurrencies, corporate currencies, private currencies, community currencies, niche currencies, etc. Consider Auroracoin and how it was proposed to educate Iceland on cryptocurrencies and create liquidity out of nowhere. This trend will be reinforced with more and more national and regional coins launching. A truly decentralized financial system requires a number of stable and fair currencies, not a single one.

According to our roadmap it is time for new CryptoNote currencies to emerge so that the whole CryptoNote platform becomes more stable and diversified. Apart form what I've mentioned above, this will also lead to more significant contribution from the community and much faster technology development. We're already working on the crypto protocol documentation to help you, but this will take some time. What you are largely misunderstanding is that CryptoNote is still relatively raw as the technology and requires more attention to gain momentum.

Having said that, CryptoNoteCoin will not be a sustainable coin. You can be sure that we know what we are talking about. Actual implementation may vary. For instance, genesis block will be changed everyone month, which will break the previously mined block chain. We'll also give a way a lot of the coin for free for the newbies to give CryptoNote a try and then move on to the currencies that you create or support.

And finally some specific questions:

As the posts above as stated, it just doesn't match the current situation to create yet a new coin for "educational purposes".
When you say "we'll merge all the best from all cryptonote coins, leaving out the useless", this sounds awefully like a marketing speach to me. There is no such thing as an absolute "best" and an absolute "useless" when judging aspects.

Perfectly pointed out! From one side, they speak about protection from commercial use of 'educational' coin. From another side, they speak about merging all the best features and bugfixes from any other existing cryptonote coins!

CryptoNoteCoin will serve as the showcase for the whole technology. We'll maintain and update its source code to incorporate most prominent technology advancements. We'll also update usability from time to time, but wouldn't put too much emphasis on it.

Is OP legit? I don't believe that the user cryptonote is someone in CryptoNote team. Maybe fake account
Unfortunately things are not so simple - see my posts above that user cryptonote did prove some PART of he is somewhat belongs to official Cryptonote team.
May be internal team conflict?

You are really amazing at finding conspiracy and hidden motives. I promise you that tomorrow you will learn something awesome.

P.S. SSL certificate will be fixed.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Is OP legit? I don't believe that the user cryptonote is someone in CryptoNote team. Maybe fake account

Unfortunately things are not so simple - see my posts above that user cryptonote did prove some PART of he is somewhat belongs to official Cryptonote team.

I think so too. I think the whole cryptonote team wants mass adoption at whatever costs. But I think there are some elements of that team that want to make profit through mass adoption. In theory, nothing wrong with that. In practice, if this is made through a proxy such as bytecoin, it's done at the expense of the community.

One thing troubles me : they could make a lot of profit backing XMR as the market price is very small and the potential growth is enormous. Why dont they ? My hypothesis is that they want profit AND control over the coin they are backing.

I agree. I fear that the move towards a thousand CryptoNote clones will simply dilute the market, a better idea would be to rally behind Monero and join the core team, in effect this creates a certain trajectory for CryptoNote and positions us for second place beside Bitcoin.

I really think this latest move in the CryptoNote world only serves to create more fear, uncertainty and doubt among CryptoNote enthusiasts and weakens all the CryptoNote coins at once.

Monero trolls FUD again. Why don't you show a bit of respect?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

I think so too. I think the whole cryptonote team wants mass adoption at whatever costs. But I think there are some elements of that team that want to make profit through mass adoption. In theory, nothing wrong with that. In practice, if this is made through a proxy such as bytecoin, it's done at the expense of the community.

One thing troubles me : they could make a lot of profit backing XMR as the market price is very small and the potential growth is enormous. Why dont they ? My hypothesis is that they want profit AND control over the coin they are backing.

I agree. I fear that the move towards a thousand CryptoNote clones will simply dilute the market, a better idea would be to rally behind Monero and join the core team, in effect this creates a certain trajectory for CryptoNote and positions us for second place beside Bitcoin.

I really think this latest move in the CryptoNote world only serves to create more fear, uncertainty and doubt among CryptoNote enthusiasts and weakens all the CryptoNote coins at once.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I don't agree with all your statements, but that statement is still there: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11
That is where I found it, and as its in the forum, it may not be official, my bad.

Wow! See sibling discussion on their forum:

https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=220

We are not alone who are in hard doubt about Cryptonote creators' sincerity!

Also one can find from this new thread on their forum, that the new Cryptonote creators' group who started shit-fork-opportunity web site & this thread do STILL mention bytecoin as reference real-coin implementation, and they call new sources as official ones to fork purposes only (without built-in constants).

Also because new group did announce they to make reference 'educational' but real coin, other than Bytecoin or Monero, i.e. being Brand New real-world coin, the Cryptonote team apparently want to jump in a leaving train?..

Or I completely can not understand what happens Sad

But I do not believe to Cryptonote team after all, and I like to believe to Monero team.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Can anybody witness else confirm that "Cryptonote creators called bytecoin their reference implementation" in that time?

There are two possibilities:

1. As you proved in that thread, and as commonly known this days, Bytecoin had been hiddenly premined. So if some witnesses do confirm that Cryptonote creators (proven by SSL certificate) did call Bytecoin their reference implementation, it will completely disconsider Cryptonote creators.

I don't agree with all your statements, but that statement is still there: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11
That is where I found it, and as its in the forum, it may not be official, my bad.
I wonder if this is a response to my post observing they never officially published their code:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7556314

The symbiosis between cryptonote and bytecoin also draws my attention. Cryptonote calls bytecoin their reference implementation. Bytecoin code has crytponote copyright and licence at core, but there is no other public repository for the cryptonote code that I could find. My intuition tells me they are not the same person or persons since they seem to have different objectives by the artifacts they have published.

Pretty nice investigating job, respect you. All this start to resemble a detective story.

Can anybody witness else confirm that "Cryptonote creators called bytecoin their reference implementation" in that time?

There are two possibilities:

1. As you proved in that thread, and as commonly known this days, Bytecoin had been hiddenly premined. So if some witnesses do confirm that Cryptonote creators (proven by SSL certificate) did call Bytecoin their reference implementation, it will completely disconsider Cryptonote creators.

2. Another possibility you mentioned, there are TWO groups of people among official Cryptonote creators, one group is honest, and other is disreputable. This hypotesis explains why the disreputable group of official Cryptonote creators that started shit-fork opportunity and this thread, does have access to SSL certificates of Cryptonote web-sites. And being disreputable, they can not sign NEW shit-fork-opportunity web-site correctly (may be they are working on it, but can not do it quickly).

So at this discussion point we MUST break at debug point, and demand for that Cryptonote creators group who started this thread AND launched shit-fork-opportunity web site, to prove us they are actually honest, thoroughly.

Pages:
Jump to: