Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoNote technical discussion and Chess Challenge - page 26. (Read 96054 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I am not good at chess but am following the thread for CryptoNote technical discussions.

You have to start somewhere. Participate and ask questions and you may learn something about chess. I intend to ask more detailed CryptoNote questions once I have more time.

Thank you. I will follow along and try to learn something. I know this is a popular opening but am having a hard time understanding it. Why would black give up control of the centre so easily?

I think I understand d6. Its purpose is to help slow down whites pawn advance, open up our bishop and add another escape square for our knight. Did I miss anything?

5 votes d6 (XMRpromotions, newb4now, letsplayagame, mathgal23, aeoncurrency)
Activity: 150
Merit: 102
I am not good at chess but am following the thread for CryptoNote technical discussions.

You have to start somewhere. Participate and ask questions and you may learn something about chess. I intend to ask more detailed CryptoNote questions once I have more time.

3 votes d6 (XMRpromotions, newb4now, letsplayagame)

I see my Grunfeld attempt was outvoted. I guess it is KID time!

4 votes d6 (XMRpromotions, newb4now, letsplayagame, mathgal23)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

3 votes d6 (XMRpromotions, newb4now, letsplayagame)
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Sorry for being late posting the position again. I use a source that anyone can easily use (just use the hyperlink from the board) to update the board if it is well past 12:00 UTC and I have not already done so. All I do is move one piece, select large board, change the side to move indicator and use the "link back to position" option for the new board. The game PGN I update manually with the winning vote.

Usually I am right on time. I think today (almost 5 hours late) was my longest ever delay.

Thank you for taking the time to run this thread! I don't think a delay hurts anyone, especially early in the game when move choices are relatively easy. The most important thing is to keep discussing CryptoNote so that we can increase the interest of chess players in the technology as it continues to evolve.

Can we talk about what type of smart contracts Ring CT and multi sig will help facilitate for CryptoNote users?

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/2450/ring-ct-c-crypto

1 vote d6 (XMRpromotions)

2 votes d6 (XMRpromotions, newb4now)
Activity: 336
1 vote d6 (XMRpromotions)
Activity: 378
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Boolberry has chosen to play e4. Now it is time for Team Monero to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

black to move

Team Boolberry (white pieces) vs. Team Monero (black pieces)
Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O 5.e4

Sorry for being late posting the position again. I use a source that anyone can easily use (just use the hyperlink from the board) to update the board if it is well past 12:00 UTC and I have not already done so. All I do is move one piece, select large board, change the side to move indicator and use the "link back to position" option for the new board. The game PGN I update manually with the winning vote.

Usually I am right on time. I think today (almost 5 hours late) was my longest ever delay.
1 vote e4 (tifozi)
1 vote Bg5 (Morecoin Freeman)

2 votes e4 (tifozi, boolberry)
Activity: 308
This work is listed under research goals in the graphic below. Is it correct to assume that the development goals (such as smart mining) will generally be implemented before research goals? I know there have already been exceptions to this rule such as stealth payment IDs, serialized into destination "address" (listed under research) already complete.

I would not infer a specific order between development goals and research goals.

Is there also a roadmap for CryptoNote side projects? Things like xmr.to paybee and so on. Will xmr.to eventually work in both directions?

These are all independent projects, so you would have to ask their developers and operators. There is no unified roadmap.

To complement, saddambitcoin is working on an xmr.to like website that will work the other way around.

I noticed that xmr.to recently raised its limits. It is faster and cheaper than Shapeshift. Once BTC to XMR conversions are allowed it should be better than Shapeshift in every way.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
This work is listed under research goals in the graphic below. Is it correct to assume that the development goals (such as smart mining) will generally be implemented before research goals? I know there have already been exceptions to this rule such as stealth payment IDs, serialized into destination "address" (listed under research) already complete.

I would not infer a specific order between development goals and research goals.

Is there also a roadmap for CryptoNote side projects? Things like xmr.to paybee and so on. Will xmr.to eventually work in both directions?

These are all independent projects, so you would have to ask their developers and operators. There is no unified roadmap.

To complement, saddambitcoin is working on an xmr.to like website that will work the other way around.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
1 vote e4 (tifozi)
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
5. e4 (tifozi)
Sorry for being a few hours late updating the position today.

Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Monero has chosen to play O-O. Now it is time for Team Boolberry to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

white to move

Team Boolberry (white pieces) vs. Team Monero (black pieces)
Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4 Nf6 2.Nf3 g6 3.c4 Bg7 4.Nc3 O-O
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

There are several very well known chess players who are interested in bitcoin. As development here continues I think it will become easier for me to interest them in CryptoNote. Please continue the technical discussions, particularly about new research papers and commits of importance.

How many GMs are publicly interested in bitcoin. I am not finding much with a Google search.

Do you feel that an interest in bitcoin is a prerequisite for an interest in CryptoNote for most chess players who are new to crypto?
3 votes O-O (letsplayagame, XMRpromotions, newb4now)
1 vote d5 (8XMR)

2 votes d5 (8XMR, mathgal23)

Going for the Grunfeld

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
1 vote d5 (8XMR)
Activity: 336
1 vote O-O (letsplayagame)

1 vote d5 (8XMR)

2 votes O-O (letsplayagame, XMRpromotions)
1 vote d5 (8XMR)
Activity: 88
Merit: 10

1 vote d5 (8XMR)
Pages:
Jump to: