Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoNote technical discussion and Chess Challenge - page 29. (Read 96054 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 501
I would say it does matter now with @letsplayagame in Team XMR. He hardly needs much help.  Grin

In fact it makes sense for me to continue to be in Team BBR given there will be a few more in Team XMR along with letsplayagame like ArticMine, XMRPromotions et al.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I would like to play as well. Are the teams somewhat balanced? Who should I join? Smiley

It is up to you. I don't think it really matters if the teams are perfectly balanced or not.
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
I would like to play as well. Are the teams somewhat balanced? Who should I join? Smiley
Nf6

Nf6: letsplayagame, XMRpromotions

Will we get a chance to play the Kings Indian Defense?
Activity: 308
Activity: 378
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Boolberry has chosen to play d4. Now it is time for Team Monero to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

Team Boolberry (white pieces) vs. Team Monero (black pieces)
black to move

Game 2 PGN:
Code:
1.d4
Kudos to @boolberry. Very impressive with good support from @language. One of the more spectacular matches I have ever seen.

If we are doing a rematch with colors reversed, I'd volunteer to play black, this time with Team XMR.

Thank you. It was definitely a team effort. You will be missed but I see no problem with people switching sides in between games. We are just playing for fun and I think everyone on Team Boolberry (as far as I know) is a big fan of Monero anyway.

This has been an exciting week for Monero (and by extension the entire CryptoNote community) with the release of 0.9 and increasing developer interest in a number of areas.

2016 will be a great year for CryptoNote!

2016 will be a big breakout year for Monero (possibly another smaller CN chain, but I wouldn't count on it). For CryptoNote to really expand, there has to be one coin that everyone really rallies behind and Monero is poised for that role. The wealth has to come from fiat as we have seen by now that XBT backers are reluctant to take a steady stance and they are the ones that would have mattered the most since they know what the entire fight is about.

Much respect for @letsplayagame to volunteer to play for Team XMR (and his enthusiasm for bitcoin and XMR !). Imagine him playing some tourney for winnings in these currencies down the road along with the general Linux like open source development going on in XMR, sky is the limit.

Boolberry vs Monero game 2

1.d4 (LucyLovesCrypto)

1.d4 (LucyLovesCrypto, languagehasmeaning)

1.e4 (boolberry)
After my current game is over I will likely take a break before starting another
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lets-play-a-game-of-chess-1148538

I care a great deal about bitcoin (and have interest in CryptoNote and other privacy focused blockchain development) but my schedule will be busy for several months. I may occasionally come back to post a chess problem in my thread but don't have time for a greater commitment.

Please do start another chess game here. I will join the Monero team and will try to refer you more chess players once my current game has ended. Do not count on me to return and vote for every move. My presence will primarily serve to promote chess and to further my understanding of CryptoNote.

There are several very well known chess players who are interested in bitcoin. As development here continues I think it will become easier for me to interest them in CryptoNote. Please continue the technical discussions, particularly about new research papers and commits of importance.

Thank you for taking the time to interact with the bitcoin and now CryptoNote community. It is an honor to have the opportunity to play against you. Good luck with your chess results this year!

1.d4 (LucyLovesCrypto)

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Kudos to @boolberry. Very impressive with good support from @language. One of the more spectacular matches I have ever seen.

If we are doing a rematch with colors reversed, I'd volunteer to play black, this time with Team XMR.

Since you are switching sides and letsplayagame is also going to be on the Monero team and possibly attracting more Monero players I will volunteer to switch to Boolberry to help keep the balance.

Let me cast the first vote for the 2nd game

1.d4 (LucyLovesCrypto)
Activity: 308
After my current game is over I will likely take a break before starting another
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lets-play-a-game-of-chess-1148538

I care a great deal about bitcoin (and have interest in CryptoNote and other privacy focused blockchain development) but my schedule will be busy for several months. I may occasionally come back to post a chess problem in my thread but don't have time for a greater commitment.

Please do start another chess game here. I will join the Monero team and will try to refer you more chess players once my current game has ended. Do not count on me to return and vote for every move. My presence will primarily serve to promote chess and to further my understanding of CryptoNote.

There are several very well known chess players who are interested in bitcoin. As development here continues I think it will become easier for me to interest them in CryptoNote. Please continue the technical discussions, particularly about new research papers and commits of importance.

Thank you. It was definitely a team effort. You will be missed but I see no problem with people switching sides in between games. We are just playing for fun and I think everyone on Team Boolberry (as far as I know) is a big fan of Monero anyway.

This has been an exciting week for Monero (and by extension the entire CryptoNote community) with the release of 0.9 and increasing developer interest in a number of areas.

2016 will be a great year for CryptoNote!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

A gorgeous game of chess, made all the better by the plot twist: XMR rekt surprise ending.

BBR was very disciplined and it paid off; I don't think the rook activation was just luck.   Cheesy

I vote that we resign.

It is 0:00 UTC so I am assuming the other voters have not found a viable defensive plan to save the game. Lets give it a little more time in case there is some hidden resource that someone can suggest for white.

Is there interest in another game with colors reversed?

Resigning is fine with me. Our even endgame fell apart pretty quickly near the end. Good game
I vote that we resign.

It is 0:00 UTC so I am assuming the other voters have not found a viable defensive plan to save the game. Lets give it a little more time in case there is some hidden resource that someone can suggest for white.

Is there interest in another game with colors reversed?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
I vote that we resign.
Current position
Based on the votes in this thread Team Boolberry has chosen to play Re3. Now it is time for Team Monero to respond. I will plan to count votes again tomorrow at approximately 0:00 UTC.

Team Monero (white pieces) vs. Team Boolberry (black pieces)
white to move

Game PGN:
Code:
1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Qxd4 a6 5.c4 Nc6 6.Qe3 g6 7.Nc3 Bg7 8.Be2 Nf6 9.O-O O-O 10.h3 Nd7 11.b3 Nc5 12.Bb2 f5 13.exf5 Bxf5 14.Rad1 Qa5 15.Rd2 Rf6 16.Nd5 Re6 17.Qf4 Ne4 18.Bxg7 Kxg7 19.Rb2 Nc3 20.Nd4 Re5 21.Bf3 Nxd5 22.Bxd5 Qc3 23.Nxf5+ Rxf5 24.Qd2 Qxd2 25.Rxd2 Rb8 26.a3 e5 27.Be6 Rf6 28.Bd5 Nd4 29.b4 b6 30.Rb2 g5 31.a4 Rff8 32.Rfb1 Rfc8 33.f3 Kf6 34.g3 Rc7 35.Rf1 Nf5 36.Kf2 h5 37.Rd1 Rg7 38.Be4 Nd4 39.Rg1 Rf8 40.Ke3 Rc7 41.Bd5 b5 42.cxb5 axb5 43.a5 Rc3+ 44.Kd2 Rfc8 45.Rf1 Ra3 46.h4 gxh4 47.gxh4 Kf5 48.Bb7 Rcc3 49.a6 Re3
Pages:
Jump to: