Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptonyx.com - up to 6% per week - Discussion - page 4. (Read 7878 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
There's a massive difference between MtGox and this. MtGox had a legitimate business model: trade Bitcoins for fiat and the company takes a (small) cut. They screwed up their business, as we all know. But there are several other companies still out there, with the exact same business model, doing fine. An exchange is a real business model. It can still attract incompetent or dishonest people, sure. But the business model is okay.
And why, in this case, a legitimate model is better? I know, legitimate model can attract a large audience, and as a consequence scam more customers. Awesome...

There is no way to obtain 6% profit per week guaranteed with no risk.
Even to buy 1 BTC is already a big risk.

What convinced you that this is likely not a scam?
To convince is the wrong word. I see here a good opportunity to earn BTC.

You are just writing down words now, you make no sense.

Rannasha, you're being trolled mate, probably for post count and bumping.

Considering the evasiveness of LorkiSan's answers, I think it's highly probable that he is a paid shill. This is not new, a previous Ponzi scheme (Cryptory) paid people to post on this forum promoting the scheme. After pushing long enough, the shills admitted that, around the time the scheme collapsed (if I recall the chronology correctly).
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
There's a massive difference between MtGox and this. MtGox had a legitimate business model: trade Bitcoins for fiat and the company takes a (small) cut. They screwed up their business, as we all know. But there are several other companies still out there, with the exact same business model, doing fine. An exchange is a real business model. It can still attract incompetent or dishonest people, sure. But the business model is okay.
And why, in this case, a legitimate model is better? I know, legitimate model can attract a large audience, and as a consequence scam more customers. Awesome...

You are just writing down words now, you make no sense.

Rannasha, you're being trolled mate, probably for post count and bumping.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0

So you're admitting that you don't even know if this website is legitimate or not? You seem to have doubts. Why send them money if you're not even sure that they're legitimate?
Of course I don't know. How should I know? Yes, I invested my funds there, not knowing anything about those who have launched this service. So what? Not much time has passed since my good friend has received advice from the veterans of the forum to use Mt.Gox exchange. Grin

Cryptonyx has no legitimate business model. There is no way to obtain 6% profit per week guaranteed with no risk. And even if they could, why would they seek investments from Joe Average putting in $50. Any company that can prove that they can make 6% per week with little to no risk (or even 1%, or less), will have VC investors falling over eachother to invest. This would offer the company far better terms with way less hassle (no need for a website, no need for customer support, no fluctuating investments and withdrawals).

So since you invested in this place, what was your reasoning to do so? Why do you believe that they do what they claim to do? What convinced you that this is likely not a scam?
So you're admitting that you don't even know if this website is legitimate or not? You seem to have doubts. Why send them money if you're not even sure that they're legitimate?
Of course I don't know. How should I know? Yes, I invested my funds there, not knowing anything about those who have launched this service. So what? Not much time has passed since my good friend has received advice from the veterans of the forum to use Mt.Gox exchange. Grin
Do you want to make a bet with a trusted member of this forum acting as an escrow? I'm sure many of us here would be willing to take that bet. Like say the operate for a year without getting hacked, lost wallet, lost in a typhoon, etc etc etc. I'm sure you wouldn't take that bet. Because, Ponzi.
I have another deal. I will make this bet after some time when I get a few payments here. In other words, I will bet my own first profit. If I lose, I admit my mistake and pay for it. If you lose, then you will double my first profit.

I would be happy to take a bet from anyone who believes that this website is legit. I bet that this scheme will collapse in less than a year (probably much sooner). We can find a mutually trusted escrow. Anyone want to put their money where their mouth is?
If you see people with low post counts supporting it they are probably shills or just idiots.
Enough of insults. You're wrong.
Prove it.
1. The proof requires facts.
2. He actually insulted people without facts.
3. I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I don't allow myself to insult strangers.

Do you want to make a bet with a trusted member of this forum acting as an escrow? I'm sure many of us here would be willing to take that bet. Like say the operate for a year without getting hacked, lost wallet, lost in a typhoon, etc etc etc. I'm sure you wouldn't take that bet. Because, Ponzi.
I have another deal. I will make this bet after some time when I get a few payments here. In other words, I will bet my own first profit. If I lose, I admit my mistake and pay for it. If you lose, then you will double my first profit.
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
If you see people with low post counts supporting it they are probably shills or just idiots.

Prove it.
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
This is almost 100% a ponzi. If you see people with low post counts supporting it they are probably shills or just idiots. We *just* witnessed the collapse of bitcoin-trader.biz and some people are supporting this??!? (See also Bitcoin Savings and Trust etc. etc.)

I seriously want to start a ponzi site and collapse it and then return everyone their original deposits just so some people might learn a lesson without it costing them thousands or tens of thousands of dollars.

Activity: 11
Just another bitcoin-trader.biz.
I don't think so, they have a 2-week deposit(2%per w), no need to wait 3 months to get paid, and they do not accept HYIP e-currencies like Perfect Money or EgoPay.
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
No way that this one is not another ponzi. 6% a week, come on...
Just another bitcoin-trader.biz.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
They present themselves just like a ponzi
No, they don't. You think so.
Please elaborate, why don't you think they are a ponzi?
I don't know, but there is a chance that these guys know what they are doing, isn't it?
I noticed that it is very difficult to launch a new service, because people do not trust anything. Even new legitimate exchanges suffer from this. But among them there are many good services, so why not give them a chance? Nobody says that you should give them all your money, just enough to treat them more kindly.
The fact that they are anonymous and pay good interest is not enough to think so. In the world of cryptocurrencies you can earn more, but you need to quit your job and leave your own family Grin
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
snip
"There is no proof they are a ponzi" is a typical ponzi supporter's argument because no one outside the company can provide definitive proof. They present themselves just like a ponzi, why would a reasonable person think otherwise?

As I said before...
Everything about them screams HYIP/ponzi. If you don't see it then you are either incredibly naive or a shill for the scheme.
Of course they are vague and secretive about what they do, but they do claim to "put your coins to work" presumably in some way that will generate a profit.
Also there is not written that it is legitimate ways of generating profit. We can only guess at the moment.

Because the site deals in Bitcoin it is okay for it to be a Ponzi scheme?
But in reality, they just use your money to pay out previous investors.
And I would not say that it is a ponzi. Again, these are just guesses.

There is not a single shred of evidence that they're actually doing anything to earn a profit with the money you deposit.
Also, there is no evidence to the contrary.
What business? What activities? On the website there is not a single word about fiat, they accept only bitcoin. That's why I said that I don't care about their legitimacy. I live in a country where bitcoin is not legitimate, so I do not care. And if it was about fiat then of course you were absolutely right, but it's not.

According to their site, they do something with your funds once deposited:

At the moment their service works, unlike those who are already failed. This is the main difference. And the chance is necessary because I need such services, and I am sure that I am not alone.
Ah the old "they are currently paying out" line. This is the nature of a ponzi scheme, they will pay out every time until suddenly they do not. They may be paying out now, but there will be a time where they will stop. Ponzis are not sustainable and eventually will shut down leaving many people with losses.

I'll ask you plainly, do you think they are a hyip/ponzi? If not, why?

Edit: Fixed quotes.
Pages:
Jump to: