Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia - page 3. (Read 891 times)

Activity: 342
Merit: 24
December 08, 2020, 03:46:29 AM

Are these real ?  If so then everyone else with a cryptopia altcoin trading account should get one too, and somebody will post here a report of getting back some of their old altcoins.  If not then I have no reason to disclose anything to the entity who now have the list of user emails.

If you are willing to give your private information, you maybe get refunded with the coins you had in cryptopia during the hack.
KYC is mandatory.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 08, 2020, 02:56:41 AM
Do you all really believe that these letters are not from scams? And some are not at all aware of what is happening, wish good luck to the exchange cryptopia, with which the liquidation process is underway at the moment. By clicking on the link in the letter and providing all your personal data and telling about your recent actions on the exchange, you in fact run the risk of providing all this data to the scammers so that they can get your funds back from the exchange cryptopia. Think about it. The exchange has its own Twitter account: https://twitter.com/cryptopia_nz. They always update the information there if there are any changes. But since November 13th, nothing new. There is also information on the exchange liquidator's website: https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-13-november-2020/. Where it says that in early December applications for refunds will be accepted. But it does not say anything about from which mailbox you will receive an invitation to register. Also, nothing is said about this on the official website of the exchange cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/
Translated into English in google translator
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
December 08, 2020, 02:45:15 AM
I received too but have no fund in there.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
December 08, 2020, 02:01:22 AM
I also received this mail from cryptopia exchange but since we can't get into our accounts how can we get funds back? Probably through emails they will rectify users funds maybe? Anyways, I don't get caught in the hack as I have the habit of not trusting any exchanges so I don't leave any high funds and assets on the exchange, all I got there is around 25$
Activity: 168
Merit: 4
December 07, 2020, 11:21:35 PM
Good luck getting your funds back without going a extremely tedious task. As far as I know, you need to provide as much as detail as possible to get your funds. Like for example: Your KYC, trading history, trading dates, what coins did you trade, and many more. It's really not worth it at this point if almost all of your funds their are useless now.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 07, 2020, 08:16:41 PM
I don't understand why most of you received e-mail from them but I didn't.  Huh Any idea?
Activity: 896
Merit: 236
December 07, 2020, 03:37:20 PM
I got an email today from [email protected] to my old email as used at cryptopia, before that exchange folded a few years back.

What it says includes

"Dear Cryptopia Account Holder,

We invite you to begin the Cryptopia Limited (In Liquidation) account holder claims process.

Registering on the Claims Portal is necessary to enable you to lodge your claim.

Failure to participate in this process may mean we will be unable to
return your Cryptocurrency. "

Are these real ?  If so then everyone else with a cryptopia altcoin trading account should get one too, and somebody will post here a report of getting back some of their old altcoins.  If not then I have no reason to disclose anything to the entity who now have the list of user emails.

I also received this letter today. Of course this is legal. The court ruled long ago to the owners of the Cryptopia to return all funds that were on the exchange to their legitimate owners. I hope this will all happen soon.
Can you provide all informaions about this all because now I am feeling I am not going to have any penny from them I have nearly 1 bitcoins but cannot provide these all details right now.
1.   WHO WE ARE
We are Cryptopia Limited (in liquidation), acting via our liquidators, Grant Thornton ("we", "us", "our") (...)

2.  THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we may collect about you when you register and use the Portal include:

Identity information: including username, full name, date of birth and any proof of identity documents you upload (eg a copy of your passport or driver's licence).
Contact information: including email address, residential address and phone number.   
Financial information: including source of wealth documents (eg bank statements or IRD documents) and potentially account or payment information (for example, if reparation of your claim is facilitated via the Portal).
Account information: including username, password and answers to questions when setting up your account.
Claim information: including the amount/value and status of your claim and any supporting documentation which may include a detailed listing of transactions making up the balances claimed, bank confirmations, receipts or bank statements supporting fiat deposits, bank statements or credit card statements supporting receipt of requested NZDT withdrawals, blockchain transaction details with respect to cryptocurrency deposits or withdrawals and/or email correspondence with Cryptopia Limited with respect to pending transactions or transactions not processed.
Technical information: including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage information: including information about when and how you use the Portal, your activity history on the portal and when you are active/inactive.
Email information: including email correspondence with you and email tracking information (such as whether you have received, opened, read or forwarded emails from us about the Portal or your claim).
Communications information: including your communication preferences.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
December 07, 2020, 03:22:05 PM
I got an email today from [email protected] to my old email as used at cryptopia, before that exchange folded a few years back.

What it says includes

"Dear Cryptopia Account Holder,

We invite you to begin the Cryptopia Limited (In Liquidation) account holder claims process.

Registering on the Claims Portal is necessary to enable you to lodge your claim.

Failure to participate in this process may mean we will be unable to
return your Cryptocurrency. "

Are these real ?  If so then everyone else with a cryptopia altcoin trading account should get one too, and somebody will post here a report of getting back some of their old altcoins.  If not then I have no reason to disclose anything to the entity who now have the list of user emails.

I also received this letter today. Of course this is legal. The court ruled long ago to the owners of the Cryptopia to return all funds that were on the exchange to their legitimate owners. I hope this will all happen soon.
Activity: 2394
Merit: 564
December 07, 2020, 03:07:58 PM
I've heard of it somewhere so if you've received an email from their domain, means that they are taking action into it.
Looks like there's still hope for those lost funds during the hack on their exchange. But I don't think that they'll ever come back again in operation. If that's part of the process of funds retrieval, then follow the procedure.
Activity: 824
Merit: 500
SquidCoin.cash
December 07, 2020, 03:03:37 PM
I received this mail too .Don't know is this real or fake but i think those had funds like me in Cryptopia should try this to recover frozen coins.
Activity: 154
Merit: 16
December 07, 2020, 02:52:59 PM

I also recieved this email when I checked email account, I hope received this in some days from now. But luckily last time when I trade their exchange. I withdraw all funds. So my account have 0 balance. But I don't know whether it is safe to trade anymore.
Activity: 1732
Merit: 502
Nada y Tú?
December 07, 2020, 02:03:13 PM
Original message:

I also received it today in the morning. And if it is an official email from them.

It is very good that they continue to help the community, I hope that in the future they will be a great exchange again ...
Activity: 308
Merit: 277
December 07, 2020, 01:47:38 PM
Seems legit as I have received too and many others did. I had a little fund which now turned into shit, so I will not bother about that this time. Also, providing some simple data would mean nothing if you are thinking that it’s an hacking attempt.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
December 07, 2020, 01:41:04 PM
Also received the email but reading those they might collect, I need to think twice.

I'm fine submitting my passport and driver's license as you know, it's not private anymore but to the point, they might collect, including SoA's, bank statement, etc. I'm not comfortable with that.

I have a BTC0.1 value of tokens there before the hack but now less in value in today's price so I won't bother filling up some claims.
December 07, 2020, 01:24:03 PM
~ I also had funds in Cryptopia but have not yet received the email that may be received in few days.
Well best of luck with that. I got a few coins in there too that are probably worth less than $1 in total now Grin

i also got an email like you,
and i hope all my coins in cryptopia will be available again when this exchange coming back, because if not i believe this exchange will never get trust from traders
Dude do you even know what liquidation means? Cryptopia isn't coming back since the hack years ago but they are working on refunding their users based on the value of liquidated/sold assets.
Can you give some more informaiton about this because I lost nearly 1 bitcoin and now its very long time I have no proof today received email saying give some details about myself and I am not feeling good about this as well because not sure whats going on how they calculate this and give back refunds.

If you receive an email from cryptopia, they have instruction there if refund is already available. I don't know if OP recently received this kind of email but I have coins still lock there and I don't receive any email from cryptopia. The last time I received email containing that same text provided by the OP was last year.

If you don't receive any email, it just means that your account is still not eligible for refund. Wait for official email.
I receive an email but problem is as mention in Post # 12 I cannot rpovide these all informations as now its very long time and I change my computer and IP even wallet from where I send coins and too many tokens if its all true then surely I am verge of losing my all amount without any serious trouble.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
December 07, 2020, 01:21:27 PM
I believe it's real.

Its worth the time and effort only if you have some substantial amount there before the hack. I had I think less than ~$100 equivalent left there and I will not bother. But I got lucky - withdrawing almost everything just days before.

TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
December 07, 2020, 01:20:42 PM
~ I also had funds in Cryptopia but have not yet received the email that may be received in few days.
Well best of luck with that. I got a few coins in there too that are probably worth less than $1 in total now Grin

and i hope all my coins in cryptopia will be available again when this exchange coming back, because if not i believe this exchange will never get trust from traders
Dude do you even know what liquidation means? Cryptopia isn't coming back since the hack years ago but they are working on refunding their users based on the value of liquidated/sold assets.
Can you give some more informaiton about this because I lost nearly 1 bitcoin and now its very long time I have no proof today received email saying give some details about myself and I am not feeling good about this as well because not sure whats going on how they calculate this and give back refunds.

If you receive an email from cryptopia, they have instruction there if refund is already available. I don't know if OP recently received this kind of email but I have coins still lock there and I don't receive any email from cryptopia. The last time I received email containing that same text provided by the OP was last year.

If you don't receive any email, it just means that your account is still not eligible for refund. Wait for official email.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
December 07, 2020, 01:11:48 PM
Is it safe? I mean, who exactly is asking for our data? Also, some data is impossible to remember, like the address you used to make the deposits.

1.   WHO WE ARE
We are Cryptopia Limited (in liquidation), acting via our liquidators, Grant Thornton ("we", "us", "our") (...)

2.  THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we may collect about you when you register and use the Portal include:

Identity information: including username, full name, date of birth and any proof of identity documents you upload (eg a copy of your passport or driver's licence).
Contact information: including email address, residential address and phone number.   
Financial information: including source of wealth documents (eg bank statements or IRD documents) and potentially account or payment information (for example, if reparation of your claim is facilitated via the Portal).
Account information: including username, password and answers to questions when setting up your account.
Claim information: including the amount/value and status of your claim and any supporting documentation which may include a detailed listing of transactions making up the balances claimed, bank confirmations, receipts or bank statements supporting fiat deposits, bank statements or credit card statements supporting receipt of requested NZDT withdrawals, blockchain transaction details with respect to cryptocurrency deposits or withdrawals and/or email correspondence with Cryptopia Limited with respect to pending transactions or transactions not processed.
Technical information: including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage information: including information about when and how you use the Portal, your activity history on the portal and when you are active/inactive.
Email information: including email correspondence with you and email tracking information (such as whether you have received, opened, read or forwarded emails from us about the Portal or your claim).
Communications information: including your communication preferences.

If I can't log into my account, how can I show them my transactions?
Do they even understand what they demand from us?
This is done on purpose so as not to return our assets.

December 07, 2020, 12:26:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
December 07, 2020, 12:16:35 PM
Is it safe? I mean, who exactly is asking for our data? Also, some data is impossible to remember, like the address you used to make the deposits.
Well, I had an account over there and I'd rather not get back my shitcoins (can't even remember what exactly I was holding there) than fulfill their required information. I do not get the point of sharing personal information now for some holdings I have never given personal information for. How does that make sense? How does my ID/address/etc prove it was me who had those coins back then?..
Pages:
Jump to: