Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptopia - page 4. (Read 907 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
December 07, 2020, 12:16:35 PM
Is it safe? I mean, who exactly is asking for our data? Also, some data is impossible to remember, like the address you used to make the deposits.
Well, I had an account over there and I'd rather not get back my shitcoins (can't even remember what exactly I was holding there) than fulfill their required information. I do not get the point of sharing personal information now for some holdings I have never given personal information for. How does that make sense? How does my ID/address/etc prove it was me who had those coins back then?..
Activity: 952
Merit: 27
December 07, 2020, 12:11:51 PM
I also received that kind of email but I have a second thought about participating, they will surely ask for KYC something that I don't because some of the coins I have there are shitcoins that do not have value anymore and some coins that will not amount to anything, it's ok for those who have a large number of coins/token here, they can proceed at their own risk.
Activity: 609
Merit: 124
December 07, 2020, 11:56:46 AM
Is it safe? I mean, who exactly is asking for our data? Also, some data is impossible to remember, like the address you used to make the deposits.

1.   WHO WE ARE
We are Cryptopia Limited (in liquidation), acting via our liquidators, Grant Thornton ("we", "us", "our") (...)

2.  THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we may collect about you when you register and use the Portal include:

Identity information: including username, full name, date of birth and any proof of identity documents you upload (eg a copy of your passport or driver's licence).
Contact information: including email address, residential address and phone number.   
Financial information: including source of wealth documents (eg bank statements or IRD documents) and potentially account or payment information (for example, if reparation of your claim is facilitated via the Portal).
Account information: including username, password and answers to questions when setting up your account.
Claim information: including the amount/value and status of your claim and any supporting documentation which may include a detailed listing of transactions making up the balances claimed, bank confirmations, receipts or bank statements supporting fiat deposits, bank statements or credit card statements supporting receipt of requested NZDT withdrawals, blockchain transaction details with respect to cryptocurrency deposits or withdrawals and/or email correspondence with Cryptopia Limited with respect to pending transactions or transactions not processed.
Technical information: including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage information: including information about when and how you use the Portal, your activity history on the portal and when you are active/inactive.
Email information: including email correspondence with you and email tracking information (such as whether you have received, opened, read or forwarded emails from us about the Portal or your claim).
Communications information: including your communication preferences.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 257
December 07, 2020, 10:55:36 AM
Please be aware that due to an error by court staff at the Christchurch High Court, information containing certain customer data has been provided to an unauthorised third party. We consider this information confidential and sensitive, and we are concerned that this third party may attempt to use it to mislead and influence account holders’ decision making. We have taken steps to restrain the misuse of this confidential information and to recover it from the third party.

We understand that this party is associated with a scheme named Cryptopia Rescue and a New Zealand company.

ASSHATS to infinity!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
December 07, 2020, 10:29:46 AM
~ I also had funds in Cryptopia but have not yet received the email that may be received in few days.
Well best of luck with that. I got a few coins in there too that are probably worth less than $1 in total now Grin

i also got an email like you,
and i hope all my coins in cryptopia will be available again when this exchange coming back, because if not i believe this exchange will never get trust from traders
Dude do you even know what liquidation means? Cryptopia isn't coming back since the hack years ago but they are working on refunding their users based on the value of liquidated/sold assets.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
Revolutionizing Reward Points
December 07, 2020, 10:08:22 AM
i also got an email like you,
and i hope all my coins in cryptopia will be available again when this exchange coming back, because if not i believe this exchange will never get trust from traders

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
December 07, 2020, 09:38:27 AM
Legit I also recieve the same email when I check my history in cryptopia ,I just wonder if you just received that email this month? because mine was last year november 2019 .so if what they said there is true then your too late to claim it. I also don't hear that if anyone has gotten their balance from cryptopia. I don't have a problem in them because I haven't had a balance there for a long time before they were hacked .
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
December 07, 2020, 09:37:53 AM
This is an official email from Cryptopia, and some of my friends also received this email regarding the funds claim; I also had funds in Cryptopia but have not yet received the email that may be received in few days. Actually, Cryptopia customer's data was provided to a third party by the staff of Christchurch High Court. That third party is associated with Cryptopia Rescue and a New Zealand company, so for verifying the account and claim, Cryptopia sending a claim form to its account holders so you can submit your details for identity verification. The original article link is also posted on the Cryptopia website by Grant Thornton. Their website link is : https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-13-november-2020/ This information is provided in the article so you can check out and decide as per your decision.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
December 07, 2020, 09:27:57 AM
It looks like legit

https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/update-for-cryptopia-account-holders-13-november-2020/
The claim registration process is on track to be released in early December. We will ask all account holders to register their claim and start the process of verifying their identity following the release.

If you are visiting https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/ and you will be redirected to the link that i have mentioned above

It looks like the claim process to get back your cryptocurrency already started

The email looks legit too, you must try to read the whole article that i have provided above
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
December 07, 2020, 09:14:11 AM
I got an email today from [email protected] to my old email as used at cryptopia, before that exchange folded a few years back.

What it says includes

"Dear Cryptopia Account Holder,

We invite you to begin the Cryptopia Limited (In Liquidation) account holder claims process.

Registering on the Claims Portal is necessary to enable you to lodge your claim.

Failure to participate in this process may mean we will be unable to
return your Cryptocurrency. "

Are these real ?  If so then everyone else with a cryptopia altcoin trading account should get one too, and somebody will post here a report of getting back some of their old altcoins.  If not then I have no reason to disclose anything to the entity who now have the list of user emails.

Pages:
Jump to: