Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 123. (Read 173234 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
Todays message from Cryptopia Discord server:

Update from Managing Director of Cryptopia Exchange.

The co-founders, shareholders, executive and the entire Cryptopia Team appreciate the support that is being demonstrated here.

We cannot even consider re-opening the exchange while the investigation is in progress.

To even consider doing so would be totally irresponsible of us as it could likely make the way clear for further attacks and even more damage.

Please have patience and faith. We will continue to update everyone as and when we can. Take no notice of the armchair experts.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Making an announcement about which coins/tokens have been stolen and which are safe and secured would reduce some noise and at least some part of Cryptopia users would feel some relief
Activity: 386
Merit: 101
@xtraelv, as someone from cryptopia stuff (do not deny)
Is it true that people from cryptopia are involved in this?
Many many coins were freezed with no reason many months.
Even now you are not transparent with your customers, if only 3 coins were stolen why not bring back all the rest?
Activity: 29
scammers fuck u shitopia u think stealing people money and run we will caught son of bitch Angry Angry Angry
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
Activity: 625
Merit: 254
https://assetsplit.org/
sold some coin in this fucking exchange and wanted to withdraw btc on jan 13 but the transaction lasted in progress for more than 24H, Jan 14 i heard that cryptopia was hacked, but now i realise that we are the only ones that have been hacked.
i sent more than 75% of my crrypto saving in to cryptopia in a time fram of one week, all my hope gone and turned to a nightmar.
Activity: 365
Merit: 14
I am not sure if this information is confirmed, but I have heard that about $3M has been stolen. It is not little amount, but for such a large exchange as Cryptopia it should not be a deadly amount.

An interesting announcement appeared this morning in the "digital goods" section. Someone wanted to sell a database from Cryptopia. This announcement is no longer available, because it is prohibited to sell hacked items on the forum, so we can not verify it. It might as well have been a fake, or a joke.
I have heard it was probably $11M or $12M worth of crypto - and there was suspicious activity few hours before a hack took place.
I have read that binance froze some hack funds, but I cannot find if it is confirmed.. I think it is a time for decentralised exchange now.  But I hope cryptopia won't be second mt.gox

you're forgetting about Bitgrail where at the time of hack 120M$ of user's funds were stolen (or better, double spent or multiple time withdrawn) and i was involved in that, too.

I've my funds spread in multiple exchanges because of activities I do, in this way I could multiply my funds (not in value unfortunately because of the bear market) so I must accept the risk, anyway I try to not have a too big part of funds in the same exchange.

on cryptopia I've lost a month of work. The more days pass without updates, the more is likely they will not return our funds.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
I am not sure if this information is confirmed, but I have heard that about $3M has been stolen. It is not little amount, but for such a large exchange as Cryptopia it should not be a deadly amount.

An interesting announcement appeared this morning in the "digital goods" section. Someone wanted to sell a database from Cryptopia. This announcement is no longer available, because it is prohibited to sell hacked items on the forum, so we can not verify it. It might as well have been a fake, or a joke.
I have heard it was probably $11M or $12M worth of crypto - and there was suspicious activity few hours before a hack took place.
I have read that binance froze some hack funds, but I cannot find if it is confirmed.. I think it is a time for decentralised exchange now.  But I hope cryptopia won't be second mt.gox
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
I don't like that their last update on twitter was on January 16th.
Though it might be because now it's up to the police to make announcements.
Activity: 16
Here, it seems, they are cleaning the BTC wallets of traders after closing the authorization in exchange (?)

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3FeGz3AivG9SUEPKcGASh4ZcD9JojUjHSL

Maybe they are being forced to shut down and the NZ government is creating a fund? They couldn't be hacking themselves with that level of scrutiny.

How do you know that's Cryptopia addresses?

It was on Jan 14 so NZ government has nothing to do with it.

Someone in russian topic said https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD is Cryptopia BTC deposit address.

Before the maintenance there were some transfers from this address 10 BTC each to
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/12YBZCaPe45LFbvgYWP5AVm3pvZTtHTiNY so it might be Cryptopia address too.

And on 2019-01-14 all coins from 12YBZCaPe45LFbvgYWP5AVm3pvZTtHTiNY - a huge amount of 389 BTC were moved to

And then from 3FeGz3AivG9SUEPKcGASh4ZcD9JojUjHSL it started splitting to smaller amounts to different addresses - looks like mixer or so...

So if 3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD and 12YBZCaPe45LFbvgYWP5AVm3pvZTtHTiNY are really Cryptopias then it looks very suspicious - what if 3FeGz3AivG9SUEPKcGASh4ZcD9JojUjHSL belongs to the "hacker" and BTC were stolen too?

So this one might be a "hackers" transaction moving BTC off Cryptopia: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/c45c46be414db8f9f354e6e94c5f62ca72ea15c3b298d72443f8d1a4146c66ec

I REALLY hope you're not right.

I confirm that after a deposit my btc are moved to 3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD

if 389 BTC have been hacked, it's another 1.5 million dollars stolen, still not a catastrophic loss IMO.

chances we have been mtgoxxed (our funds lost for years or forever)  increase every day.

Running an exchange is the job of the future: you make profits on someone else's money, and when you make a mistake, you lose someone else's money.

I think that's hacker transaction and also this is their ltc wallet:
https://bitinfocharts.com/ru/litecoin/address/Lcwr6zgXEMtPyrqeTxWTfYwUU11AuaoM1w
and it's cleaned by hacker , if you find their doge address probably it's clean too, it's better for cryptopia team to run their previous business(dress shop) rather than a crypto Exchange....
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
They didnt even bother to send automatic email to users about hack so it seems they dont give a fuck about us.
Dont think we will see any chaegeback even from untouched wallets (if such exists)
There's no point of doing that.
You already know it happened. They tweeted about it, posted it on their homepage, reddit, etc.
They have millions of users, so that email you're talking about costs, a lot.

If a customer's funds or account is affected in some way then they should be informed, direct from Cryptopia. The company should not expect that every customer will magically find out through other channels. (If the security incident involves customer details being compromised then legally they may be required to inform customers, regardless.)
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
But how else do you make money unless you set buy and sell orders, and that takes leaving coins on an exchange.  You could watch it all the time and do it live but that would take many hours a day.

Activity: 687
Merit: 501
AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System
Well, we asked the help of government's justice and old economy law enforcement practices, which all goes against the idea of bitcoin.

Oh well, we have seen this happen many times before. All depositors will lose their coins, all Cryptopia's coins will be sold at auction to pay for parasite lawyers, and Cryptopia will close down, from it's newly acquired bad reputation.

Also, this process will take 2-3 years. I'm like a broken record - don't leave coin at exchanges guys, and you won't lose from events like this one (which are like routine occurence in the crypto world).
Activity: 365
Merit: 14
Here, it seems, they are cleaning the BTC wallets of traders after closing the authorization in exchange (?)

Maybe they are being forced to shut down and the NZ government is creating a fund? They couldn't be hacking themselves with that level of scrutiny.

How do you know that's Cryptopia addresses?

It was on Jan 14 so NZ government has nothing to do with it.

Someone in russian topic said https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD is Cryptopia BTC deposit address.

Before the maintenance there were some transfers from this address 10 BTC each to
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/12YBZCaPe45LFbvgYWP5AVm3pvZTtHTiNY so it might be Cryptopia address too.

And on 2019-01-14 all coins from 12YBZCaPe45LFbvgYWP5AVm3pvZTtHTiNY - a huge amount of 389 BTC were moved to

And then from 3FeGz3AivG9SUEPKcGASh4ZcD9JojUjHSL it started splitting to smaller amounts to different addresses - looks like mixer or so...

So if 3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD and 12YBZCaPe45LFbvgYWP5AVm3pvZTtHTiNY are really Cryptopias then it looks very suspicious - what if 3FeGz3AivG9SUEPKcGASh4ZcD9JojUjHSL belongs to the "hacker" and BTC were stolen too?

So this one might be a "hackers" transaction moving BTC off Cryptopia: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/tx/c45c46be414db8f9f354e6e94c5f62ca72ea15c3b298d72443f8d1a4146c66ec

I REALLY hope you're not right.

I confirm that after a deposit my btc are moved to 3ALZ4ALw2T4jebXXUy8GMv2rLB7JpFL1JD

if 389 BTC have been hacked, it's another 1.5 million dollars stolen, still not a catastrophic loss IMO.

chances we have been mtgoxxed (our funds lost for years or forever)  increase every day.

Running an exchange is the job of the future: you make profits on someone else's money, and when you make a mistake, you lose someone else's money.
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
Users are the victims and those who pay the price
We lost our money because of thieves
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
They didnt even bother to send automatic email to users about hack so it seems they dont give a fuck about us.
Dont think we will see any chaegeback even from untouched wallets (if such exists)
There's no point of doing that.
You already know it happened. They tweeted about it, posted it on their homepage, reddit, etc.
They have millions of users, so that email you're talking about costs, a lot.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
IMO.

Cryptopia should've posted all their addresses on here, and let experienced crypto users dig in those chains, instead of a police department, which doesn't know the difference between bitcoin and blockchain.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

Jump to: