Pages:
Author

Topic: [CRYPTOSTOCKS] (GMP) crowdmining - page 6. (Read 25509 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 501
January 27, 2013, 05:52:20 PM
January 22, 2013, 06:33:38 AM
avalon-asics.com:    
    Batch Status: Not Open
    Unit Price: $1,499
    Batch Size: 500 Units

Duration: To be announced
    Payment Processor: WalletBit
    Shipping Time: March 1st, 2013

We have a 400 dollar price off so the calculation for the LANCELOT TRADE-IN is 5 x 1099 USD

BitSyncom:
Let's put it this way, room temp is 25C, on MAX LOAD for 40 hours in a room-size machine made for "burn-in" testing, we are looking at 48.xC top tempature, we actually removed 2 fans from the case lol.

GMP Avalon Asic crowdmining
January 13, 2013, 06:32:29 PM
What do you think about this?
Especially as regards the European market, with electricity costs between $ 0.10-0.30/kwh

strictly speaking on power being the only variable I wouldn't even suggest to "mine-for-profit" basis with power rates higher than $0.10 ( and you are unable to get write offs or reductions. )

The real factor in the transition period of ASIC units will ultimately be delivery time, when difficulty is lower and the ROI is much higher.

Let's take this conservative example. using http://bitcoinx.com/profit/index.php

6 times the current difficulty
$.25 power cost.
400W
60GH/s

your break even time is 81 days, thats little over 2 month, of course assuming you can only maintain this ROI rate for 12 days or so, you would have effectively made 15% of your invest back.

with the current trend of everybody pushing their shipping date back I feel everybody has over estimated how quickly the difficulty will rise.

Let's assume Tom sold 1000 units, that's give or take 50TH/s,
Avalon only selling 300 units first batch, ~20TH.
BFL sells a crazy estimate of 2000 units, 120TH.

that barely adds up to 200THash, which is about 10 times the current network rate, and if difficulty goes up by a factor of ten using the same formula above. your ROI is 156 days.

honestly, it isn't that bad.

disclaimer: Avalon nor Yifu will be responsible for information provided here based an educated guess of future Bitcoin mining difficulty.

I marked the for GMP essential points, actualy we are in for Batch2 of the Avalon Devices.
5 Lancelot Boards are ready for the tradein (Lancelot for Avalon Exchange)
GMP Buyback program completed!

It would be great when we could add 10 Avalon instead of 5 to the GMP Project with Batch2 Smiley
January 07, 2013, 10:26:41 AM
January 04, 2013, 05:00:53 AM
GMP Report for 2012

Project started 31. August 2012

Initial amount of shares:                       2651
Actualy amount of 3rd party shares:      2519

Full financed Buyback difference today:  122 shares (a av. 0.28 BTC) 34.16 BTC*
Dividends today:                                                                            57.87 BTC

Total                                                                                             92.03 BTC

GMP on Hold:                                                                      13.98 BTC
GMP CS account:                                                                   1.00 BTC

Total Liquidity:                                                                     14.98 BTC        
December 14, 2012, 05:37:49 PM
Good news , avalon ASIC are expected to be shipped:
14. January 2013
As Lancelot Customer we are able to exchange each Lancelot board for a Avalon Asic Board for additional 899$

so the goal is to reach at least 4500$ to make this transition. For every new additional asic we pay 1299$

New shareholders are welcome to join the transition from av. 3 for 330 GH

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1294416

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison#ASICs
December 06, 2012, 08:12:10 AM
Happy Nikolaus Day - You can find a small 1000 DVB Shares Smiley present from GMP in your portfolio for your trust in the project. Thanks for supporting us!

October 25, 2012, 06:18:34 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Who shot who in the what now?
October 20, 2012, 05:59:06 AM
Good news!
I like.
October 19, 2012, 02:43:27 PM
We are ready for the 200 mhz bitstream. Since there is no bether one, we gonna test our watercooled equipment with the fastest avalable bistream. The results should become visible douring the next month in the graph.

The DVB Sponsored QCool element is made for LANCELOT a watercool element for AVALON as soon the board is out.

price: 79 CHF
preorder: 3 BTC

please email qcool at glari.ch
October 15, 2012, 11:35:21 AM
GMP goes AVALON

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avalon-asic-announcement-pre-order-pre-order-over-project-started-110090
According to this post we can expect the first batch of Avalon Boards by the end of February 2013. Since GMP actively uses 5 Lancelot Boards, our project has 400 USD price off per board in case we would exchange Lancelot for Avalon.
This means our 5 Lancelot can be turned into 5 Avalon a total of av. 300 GH/s.

GMP requested a price offer from the Avalon Project.
September 29, 2012, 10:58:24 PM
We are about to implement watercooling for the Lancelot boards. 5 Boards should be equiped with a QCool element by the end of next week.

September 29, 2012, 06:40:53 PM
Thank you very much for this elaborated reply.

I agree with you that the whole ASIC issue is "cloudy" indeed, so I think it is rational to continue working on and improving what you're familiar with instead of blindly following a hype for hardware no one has ever seen so far.

I'll definiteley keep an eye on your shares and this thread.
September 29, 2012, 06:30:12 PM
Insert Quote
That's still pretty vague. I'm basically interested in your business plan, especially current and planned projects and how funds are distributed among them.

Share your vision! Cheesy

Well i agree with you it is vague. Since you started to ask me about ASIC's.
GMP is of course growth oriented in therms of mining. And has to deal with the avalable resources in therms of harware.

Personaly i see the ASIC thing a bit cloudy. The new FPGA 28nm generation should be allmost similar in hashing power as ASIC.
By now we have Cutting Edge Technology in use for our Shareholders. 2 X6500 and 5 shareholders funded Lancelot Boards a total of 14 Spartan6 FPGA Chips work flawless, therefore GMP has the tendency for 2013 to be more FPGA oriented then ASIC. Noone has any results from ASIC yet, but there is meanwhile a allmost 1 year douring expirience with FPGA, by now the 2012 hardware proved itself as very stable. There was a long way to go from the first ideas about a FPGA in 2011 starting with x6500 trough Icarus and now finaly Lancelot.

The ASIC hardware is expected for 2013. But maybe ngzhang or an other producer will come up with the next generation FPGA this year To switch a fpga chip from generation 6 to generation 7 on a working PCB is more easy then to develop a asic and a pcb and have it perfect stable first generation.

However we will continue to mine with stable mining equipment, and optimize our hardware for the best results.
September 29, 2012, 05:50:49 PM
That's still pretty vague. I'm basically interested in your business plan, especially current and planned projects and how funds are distributed among them.

Share your vision! Cheesy
September 29, 2012, 05:40:58 PM
So how are you using funds at the moment? Does it all go into the QCool project?
No, the QCool Project is sponsored by Devcoin Bounty (DVB) All funds generated out of GMP mining and shares are collected and stored for the growth of GMP.

How much do you need to raise to invest in new hardware (which kind and amount?)
Like i said, it depends on the shareholders. More BTC means more hardware, there is still a lot room in the cabinet avalable.
If I give you 100 BTC today, what would you do with it?
Well you dnt need to give me anyhting, but you can get shares. The BTC aswell as the BTC on hold gonna be used for the new hardware.
September 29, 2012, 05:32:27 PM
So how are you using funds at the moment? Does it all go into the QCool project?
How much do you need to raise to invest in new hardware (which kind and amount?)

If I give you 100 BTC today, what would you do with it?

Thanks!
drekk

P.S. Not trying to be a pest. Just careful with my money. Smiley
September 29, 2012, 05:23:33 PM
But you've not yet placed any pre-orders or something to that extent? Are you planning to do so? I'm just wondering, because to me it looks like ASICs will turn the mining world a little upside down if/when they hit the market.

There are no preorders made yet.

So I'd like to make sure you're prepared for whatever is going to come before I put money in this. Wink

To be prepeard would mean to have a significant amount of Bitcoins avalable to get the new hardware. Therefore it depends on the shareholders how many ASIC's or next generation FPGA are gonna be integrated into the GMP Project.

September 29, 2012, 05:10:31 PM
Thanks for the fast reply!

But you've not yet placed any pre-orders or something to that extent? Are you planning to do so? I'm just wondering, because to me it looks like ASICs will turn the mining world a little upside down if/when they hit the market.

I understand GMP is not solely based on mining itself, but it seems that's the revenue generating part of the business. So I'd like to make sure you're prepared for whatever is going to come before I put money in this. Wink

Cheers!
~drekk~
Pages:
Jump to: