Pages:
Author

Topic: [CryptoStocks] ::GREEN:: GreenBTC - Making the Bitcoin Green - page 4. (Read 8802 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
I'm posting this here before i do it so people don't think if running away with all of GreenBTC BTC  Grin

I've moving all the current accounts into mtgox so I can put a stop loss order while I'm away from computer for the next 7 days.

I've changed my MtGox password to a new secure 20 chr password, and I have Two Google OTP keys set on two cell phones.
1 for login and 1 for withdraw, the cell phone will be stored in two safes 1 fireproof and 1 not fireproof in two separate locations.
I'm not taking the phone with me on my trip.

I found a way to save ~10%(~10-30% but going with 10% for now) on our power cost, I'm building a prototype(with my own funds) if successful I will be filling a patent on it, so until the patent is issued I won't be providing details or pictures beyond the power savings %.

Solar Tracking Array #1 should start being built ~1st week of August.

We also got a 2 BTC donation to our Operating Fund for a problem I found and notified a company about.  Grin
Dividend paid 2.3299991 BTC   286 shares   0.00814685 BTC

This week we mined 4.356 BTC

1.74 going to the dividend fund
2.17 going to the Growth Fund
 .43 going to the Operating Fund

I have deferred ownership of another 5 shares for a total of 25.
To try to increase dividend %

Our Weekly Pool Luck 103.5%

We are in the process of securing a second site in California with ~500 KWH of power a month.
We now have ~30' x 10' of land to test a solar tracking array(I'm most likely going to test the cost of this myself to see if its a better value)

Things are looking better for getting some of our IPO money that was held in thebitman issue.
I wanted to talk about share price before I put up a motion.

We started sellings the first 30 share or so by auction.

then we started selling them at .5 BTC

Then we switched to selling them at .75 BTC.

What prices do you think I should change the IPO share price to try to better our growth rate?

I still want to expand our current BTC generation ability.
If BFL Labs release its product this year, I want the company to have enough BTC set aside to be able to switch if needed. And switch our current assets to Litecoin or sell them.

I think we will be in a good position when the block chain halves.

Motion 88 ok to purchase replacement fan for graphics card max 5btc

24 hrs to vote
We had a good week, thanks to very good luck on p2pool Highest week yet.
-----------------------
Mining Payout 5.84 BTC
2.33 to Dividend Fund
2.92 to Growth Fund
.58 to Operating Fund.
-----------------------
Latest news on our held funds. Looking like ~10-14 more days before they will be released.

Please note a change to our dividend schedule
The July 22nd payment will be made on July 19th

~July 20-27 I will be out of the country and will be disconnected from all forms of communication.

I'm also going to put on hold all future transfer of shares to me, when shares are sold.I'm currently deferring ownership of ~10 shares. I hope this will help increase dividend payment payout a little bit.
In respone to BTCSYNC 12K dollar thief.

I use google auth on all my MTGOX accounts,GLBSE accounts, EMAIL Accounts,Online Wallets

Also I'm going to go thru and change out all my passwords on those accounts.

I use random generated passwords that are not reused on any other sites that are atleast 14 chars in length
Will the BFL ASICs affect this operation? Do you expect to switch to ASIC equipment, and remain on solar power?

IF BFL is able to ship its ASICs this year or next then difficultly will go up and we will be forced to upgrade to ASIC.

We currently use no BFL products all GPU Based, so if BFL does start shipping its ASICs will will start buying them and phasing out GPU mining or switch the GPU's to LTC.

I'm surprised how much value video cards keep even after they are 2-3 years old.

Until I see a shipped and working BFL ASICs unit in the wild, I'm not going to send BFL a BTC. lol

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
Will the BFL ASICs affect this operation? Do you expect to switch to ASIC equipment, and remain on solar power?

antivirus deleted cgminer

Gah, I hate it when my AV flags Bitcoin-related files. I mean, really? "Program identified as virus and quarantined: Win32.BitcoinMiner.Undecided
Got the p2pool server working better today. The efficiency was crap because it didn't have any incoming connections but should get better in the next few days.
Mining rig 5 is up and running
Mining rig 2, had a minor problem on reboot and the antivirus deleted cgminer but its all fixed.

greenbtc.no-ip.org:9332 is the temp p2pool server address i hope to have p2pool.greenbtc.com:9332 fixed soon.

merged mining is currently offline only BTC right now.
Status Update

Mining Rig 5- Hard drive started clicking of death, and then died after around 24 hours.
got a hard drive off CL for 20$ USD and i'm in the process of reloading

Mining Rig 1- I noticed some higher than normal temps on one of the cards, I finally pulled the card out before it was damaged.
the cards fan is bad and not spinning correctly. looking about for replacement fans.

Mining rig 4- I pulled the card out of this system to replace the card in mining rig 1.

p2pool.greenbtc.com is offline right now due to high cost of running it on AWS.

currently Mining Rig 6 is running p2pool locally for the california mining rigs and a public p2pool server is being used for Rig 2

Also it looks like we will get back our USD funds that are tied up in the Paypal Bitman problem in around 180 days.

Weekly stats

Weekly BTC Mined 2.29 BTC

.91 BTC is being sent to the Dividend Fund
1.14 BTC is being sent to the Growth Fund
.22 BTC is being sent to the Operational Fund

Please Note that all Accounts Address have been changed.

This week payout was very low this week, I'm a little surprised.

I'm switching the Rigs over to public p2pool asap and merged them into 1 address to try to get a better payout.

I have some very bad news.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83679.120

Has effected GreenBTC very badly right now the total loss is around $1,000.

The Upside we still have our assets and we will not default.

I will keep this thread updated as to what is happening

Activity: 325
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
I was just worried that other share holders don't agree with using p2pool.

I don't know the others, but I invested on this company because I think that going the green and decentralized way is the right thing to do. So I'm all for staying on p2pool.

Yes right now the ALT coins are being stockpiled, but when they get sold they go into operating fund per contract. I've been trying to hold them for a higher price.

Nice. I also like this strategy. They may be worth much more in the future (or may not, but that wouldn't be a huge lose anyway).

or hack GLBSE or MTGOX.

That's the main concern. We have had a bitcoinica...
Security Update
We have moved all bitcoin from wallets to GLBSE and MTGOX. We have google auth enabled on all accounts.

Do you really think that online wallets are safer? Even with all their security measures, they are always the biggest targets....

Wouldn't be better to have at least some at hand? Just in case...

possible switching pools in the next two weeks to try to get better returns on mining power.

I would prefer to stay on p2pool, even if it's slightly less profitable. I believe that supporting decentralized mining is more convenient in the long term, considering that in this way we would be collaborating with the long term sustainability of the whole system.

Maybe diversifying a little could be acceptable, trying just some rig on other pools, but I would prefer the main hashing to remain on p2pool.

btw, the alt coins are dumped on the market?

Thank you for your comments

I also believe that p2pool is good for bitcoin and that a 51% attack is going to be possible in the next year thanks to BFL.

I was just worried that other share holders don't agree with using p2pool.

Yes right now the ALT coins are being stockpiled, but when they get sold they go into operating fund per contract. I've been trying to hold them for a higher price.

I think that the google auth OTP is a very secure method of securing an account. I have it on all my GLBSE,MTGOX,and gmail accounts.
Someone has to steal my cell phone to steal the companies coins or hack GLBSE or MTGOX.

I really liked the idea of having the wallets stored offline and people being able to verify funds in the account.
Right now i'm moving the mining payout daily from the online wallet to GLBSE.

Activity: 325
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
Security Update
We have moved all bitcoin from wallets to GLBSE and MTGOX. We have google auth enabled on all accounts.

Do you really think that online wallets are safer? Even with all their security measures, they are always the biggest targets....

Wouldn't be better to have at least some at hand? Just in case...

possible switching pools in the next two weeks to try to get better returns on mining power.

I would prefer to stay on p2pool, even if it's slightly less profitable. I believe that supporting decentralized mining is more convenient in the long term, considering that in this way we would be collaborating with the long term sustainability of the whole system.

Maybe diversifying a little could be acceptable, trying just some rig on other pools, but I would prefer the main hashing to remain on p2pool.

btw, the alt coins are dumped on the market?
Status Update
Mining Rig 1 Repaired and working @100%
Mining Rig 5 Online and working Great

Last week we mined 4.33 BTC
1.73 Went to Dividend Fund
2.16 Went to Growth Fund
.43 Went to Operating Fund

Security Update

I'm in the process of trying to fix the graphics card for Mining Rig 6, it has a broken fan enclosure.

Just a status update.
Mining Rig 1- 1 hard drive is DOA and the main drive was boot looping/bsod.
I got it back up and running except one of the cards is only running at 50%.

Mining Rig 5- is almost ready to start

The stats from last week will be delayed maybe another 24 hrs before they are updated.
The main mining rig payout was on the failed drive. But we have a couple backups so we didn't lose any BTC Smiley

I'll post a status update in 24hrs

Motion 72 - Purchase a motherboard for mining rig 6 cost ~99 USD
Motion 73 - Purchase ram for mining rig 5 & 6                 ~40 USD
Motion 74 - Purchase Cat5 cable and extension cable      ~50 USD

This motions will have 24 hours to vote on.

You may notice some rigs going down and up in the next 24 hours.
I'm switching the cards around in rig 1,3,4 and putting new thermal paste on the GPU's
the solar system is a little different because its OFF-grid, not a tie-in system.
I'm trying not to release alot of information about it until I get all the performance specs during real life operation.

Also i don't want to OUT my CTO(Solar guy) because he is a high profile person & company.
And I don't have or want any endorsements from him or his company.

Plus I'm a niche mining company, I'm not the biggest,I'm not the strongest, but I hope to be the Greenest.

Activity: 686
Wat
If you can get more green power than you need you can sell it back onto the grid and get government incentives etc.

Have you investigated this ?

I mean it may be more profitable to sell excess power than to mine  Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: