Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoTrader.org - First Web-based Algorithmic Trading Platform for Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 37851 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Yay, pulsecat recommended my tutorial bot!

It's got a few bugs which need to be ironed out, but since it isn't meant for serious use, then it shouldn't matter greatly.

Matthew:out
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
Activity: 220
Activity: 333
Anybody got a simple stop loss coffeescript?

I am looking for that, too. Someone solved it already?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Also, what happened to the automatic data update feature it had before? You used to just change the dates and periods, and whatever, and hit Backtest. Now you have to hit refresh, losing your buy/sell markers on the data, then get prompted with a window containing information you already know.

Noticed that. Since a few days ago also happens that Backtest doesn't show all the debug data in the log, happened that the start of the simulation is missing from the log, both the text "Simulation started. Balance: XXXX USD" and some of the debug data after that were missing.

Looking into the backtest results you sent to me i realized that this happened because the log size exceeds limit of 1000 records. This is needed to control amount of traffic sent to client, though i think the limit value can be increased.

OK, pulsecat, but it would be nice if the log record limit would be synchronized with the limit we hit on green refresh button right to "start at / end at" fields. If the refresh button gives us candle data this data should also fit in log IMHO. Thanks for looking into this issue.
Also, what happened to the automatic data update feature it had before? You used to just change the dates and periods, and whatever, and hit Backtest. Now you have to hit refresh, losing your buy/sell markers on the data, then get prompted with a window containing information you already know.

Noticed that. Since a few days ago also happens that Backtest doesn't show all the debug data in the log, happened that the start of the simulation is missing from the log, both the text "Simulation started. Balance: XXXX USD" and some of the debug data after that were missing.

Looking into the backtest results you sent to me i realized that this happened because the log size exceeds limit of 1000 records. This is needed to control amount of traffic sent to client, though i think the limit value can be increased.
Is something broken with talib.MFI? I keep getting NaNs for some reason.

https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/u8FLvdu5dYpg5vLZk

Agreed. This is annoying usability issue.

If you notice this problem again, please pm to me link to backtest session.

Seems the problem is that 'volume' array's length is 1, all others are preloaded with 100. They all have to be the same length:
https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/xmBfZWP4sj95Bb5Nr

volumes - array of volume values, volume - is a current volume
Example of valid usage https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/HKbTJsagtZhQTvaX3

Code:
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] preinstall script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the talib package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     cd ./src/lib && node build.js && cd ../../ && node-gyp configure && node-gyp build
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls talib
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! System Linux 3.11.0-12-generic
npm ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install"

At this time command line tool is not supported officially. If you wish to run automated trading bots please consider our subscription service https://cryptotrader.org/plans
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
Code:
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] preinstall script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the talib package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     cd ./src/lib && node build.js && cd ../../ && node-gyp configure && node-gyp build
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls talib
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! System Linux 3.11.0-12-generic
npm ERR! command "/usr/local/bin/node" "/usr/local/bin/npm" "install"
legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Seems the problem is that 'volume' array's length is 1, all others are preloaded with 100. They all have to be the same length:
https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/xmBfZWP4sj95Bb5Nr
legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Activity: 286

legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Is there some parameter that holds the trading fee for the current simulation? Needed to properly calculate, without actually buying, Buy&Hold correct amount at the end. I can always hardcode something like multiplying with 0.9945 (gives a correct amount, I've tried with demo B&H example), but is there a nicer way?

BTW, 'data.portfolio' would need some documentation, in current docs it says:
Code:
data.portfolio - Portfolio object (see below)
and below is only mentioned in example as:
Code:
portfolio.positions.usd.amount

It is a good point. Actually, every Instrument object has 'fee' property, though it is not documented yet.
Example:
Code:
  debug "Current fee = #{data.instruments[0].fee}%"

Thanks! Now is enough documented to use it  Wink Would be nice to know if there are some useful goodies in data.portfolio, I've tried looking in the https://github.com/pulsecat/cryptrade repo for some more information but haven't found anything.
Is there some parameter that holds the trading fee for the current simulation? Needed to properly calculate, without actually buying, Buy&Hold correct amount at the end. I can always hardcode something like multiplying with 0.9945 (gives a correct amount, I've tried with demo B&H example), but is there a nicer way?

Code:
Code:

It is a good point. Actually, every Instrument object has 'fee' property, though it is not documented yet.
Example:
Code:
  debug "Current fee = #{data.instruments[0].fee}%"
legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Code:
Code:
I know what a pain it is to correctly aggregate data from poorly coded API's so good job!

A couple of remarks:
- Some people don't like coffeescript (like myself), so maybe you could give us the possibility to write oldschool JS?
- I have a feeling you wrote this in Node.JS? Would you be interested in open sourcing your data collection module for bitstamp? I'd like to see how you make your candlesticks using bitstamps API :-).

Thanks for complement. I'll consider to add JS as on option. As regards releasing server side code to open source, right now i do not have plans to do this, though may change mind in the future. By the way, some client code is available at Github https://github.com/pulsecat/cryptrade the repository includes core library on which Cryptotrader based + tool for automated trading in standalone manner.

Activity: 462
I know what a pain it is to correctly aggregate data from poorly coded API's so good job!

A couple of remarks:
- Some people don't like coffeescript (like myself), so maybe you could give us the possibility to write oldschool JS?
- I have a feeling you wrote this in Node.JS? Would you be interested in open sourcing your data collection module for bitstamp? I'd like to see how you make your candlesticks using bitstamps API :-).
The latest release introduced few minor API changes:

To make it possible to write algorithms in a more universal way, Instrument objects can be accessed via array indexing.
Code:
 handle: (contex,data)->
     instrument = data.instruments[0] # More universal way than data['btc_usd']

Also buy/sell functions now use callback notification to handle successful trade. For example:
Code:
 instrument = data.instruments[0]
  buy instrument,null,->
    debug 'BUY order traded'
For backward compatibility, the old approach when trade functions return order id is still supported as well, but only for simulation mode.

In other words, if you are going to trade on BTC-E using any existing algorithms, review source code first and replace references like data['btc_usd'] in accordance with new approach.

Bear in mind the system relies on both the exchange and cryptrade both not being fully DDOS'ed (backup site on tor, informed by email anyone?)

As of now, Cryptotrader trading bots are reliably protected from DDOS attacks, because everyone who has subscription to paid membership gets his own VPS in our cloud that is not accessible via web.

Was checking out the different subscription packages available and came across this chart which is a little wonky.  Tried three different browsers.  There are 4 key features on the left, but 5 rows on the right.  Is there a feature missing or is there an extra row?   Huh

Agreed, looks totally untrustworthy Smiley Now should be ok.

Is there any chance we can get line number in source code witch caused an error? This way it is really hard to debug stuff when error appears in log, since no external IDE can be used. This feature would be very, very useful. Anyone else needed this?

Thanks.

There is Coffeescript feature that should help with getting line number in case of error, but last time i tried it, it did not work for me. Anyway, good point, I'll be looking into this again.

Hey pulsecat, I noticed you disabled the 1min period for a few days now. Is that a necessary measure to reduce server load? I was experimenting with an indicator that measures market sentiment based on buy/sell volume, and the 1min period gives a much higer resolution for that than the 5min period. So will it come back?
Or is the 1min period subscribers only?

Hi, 1m period will be added back soon. Recently, whole database was rebuilt and i didn't include 1m because it seemed to me there is no demand for it.

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Hey pulsecat, I noticed you disabled the 1min period for a few days now. Is that a necessary measure to reduce server load? I was experimenting with an indicator that measures market sentiment based on buy/sell volume, and the 1min period gives a much higer resolution for that than the 5min period. So will it come back?
Or is the 1min period subscribers only?
Pages:
Jump to: