Pages:
Author

Topic: CryptoTrader.org - First Web-based Algorithmic Trading Platform for Bitcoin - page 4. (Read 37851 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075
^ Will code for Bitcoins
Is there any chance we can get line number in source code witch caused an error? This way it is really hard to debug stuff when error appears in log, since no external IDE can be used. This feature would be very, very useful. Anyone else needed this?

Thanks.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Was checking out the different subscription packages available and came across this chart which is a little wonky.  Tried three different browsers.  There are 4 key features on the left, but 5 rows on the right.  Is there a feature missing or is there an extra row?   Huh
Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
I just want to double check something:

Code:
2013-10-15T12:00:01.438Z - verbose: updatePortfolio: { btc: 5, usd: 0 }
2013-10-15T12:00:01.530Z - info: BUY order wasn't created because the amount is less than minimum order amount 0.01 BTC"
^ this just means the USD balance isn't enough to buy any BTC because we're already long on BTC right? -and if there was a sell signal it would sell all to USD right?

Just double checking... not trying to get rich... more like trying to avoid the potential for a massive crash.

Bear in mind the system relies on both the exchange and cryptrade both not being fully DDOS'ed (backup site on tor, informed by email anyone?)
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Anybody got a simple stop loss coffeescript?
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
Would it be possible to allow the trading script access to data from multiple platforms and periods simultaneously, not only the single platform/period that is currently selected?
It would be great if one could base buy/sell decisions on the gap between Gox and Bitstamp (e.g.: huge buy on stamp -> go buy on gox before the price rises there as well) or on underlying larger trends (e.g: only buy into this 1hr uptrend if the daily trend is also posivite).
That would be really helpful.

Allowing scripts to access multiple data source is a planned feature, though I doubt that specifically Gox+Bitstamp arbitrage would work these days, considering that USD withdrawals from MtGox take literally months.

I'd donate BTC towards the development of arbitrage strategies on cryptotrader. Arbitage + Algos = BTC

Also: bitfinex support!

Bitfinex is to be added soon, as it seems to be highly requested.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Would it be possible to allow the trading script access to data from multiple platforms and periods simultaneously, not only the single platform/period that is currently selected?
It would be great if one could base buy/sell decisions on the gap between Gox and Bitstamp (e.g.: huge buy on stamp -> go buy on gox before the price rises there as well) or on underlying larger trends (e.g: only buy into this 1hr uptrend if the daily trend is also posivite).

I'd donate BTC towards the development of arbitrage strategies on cryptotrader. Arbitage + Algos = BTC

Also: bitfinex support!
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Just bought Pro access, I'm trying to trade on bitstamp, after I ran backtests and decided which algorithm I want to use, I clicked "trade" and attempted to login with my bitstamp user/pass as well as the bitstamp API key/secret.  Neither of them work.  I have the API key created with all permissions except for withdraws enabled under Security--->API access.  I confirmed the email to activate the key I created.

Why can't I trade on bitstamp  Embarrassed I really hope this gets resolved quickly since I just purchased Pro access.

Done. Now trading bots use clientId/key/secret to access Bitstamp API. Thanks.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
Why can't I trade on bitstamp  Embarrassed I really hope this gets resolved quickly since I just purchased Pro access.
Watching this eagerly
Activity: 490
Just bought Pro access, I'm trying to trade on bitstamp, after I ran backtests and decided which algorithm I want to use, I clicked "trade" and attempted to login with my bitstamp user/pass as well as the bitstamp API key/secret.  Neither of them work.  I have the API key created with all permissions except for withdraws enabled under Security--->API access.  I confirmed the email to activate the key I created.

pulsecat, I just tried your site out and it looks very promising. However I don't see any option to upgrade my account. Was this option removed or is there some other reason I am not seeing it?

I was looking for the same thing. His reply was that it was no longer available for new users, but I'm not a new user, so not sure whats up...

Good news! Cryptotrader now allows fully automated trading at MtGox & Bitstamp. Technically, everyone subscribed to the paid service gets his virtual machine in our VPS cloud, so that scalability is not an issue anymore.
Activity: 9
I can't code this but maybe someone can help.

I want to code a script which uses 2 deja and buys sells on crossing of these.
dema 14 & dema 21

anyone?
An array in JavaScript is also an object and objects are always passed/assigned by reference. To copy an array use slice method:
Code:
  context.testarray = instrument.close.slice(0)

Definitely, we need to state it somewhere in the documentation. Thanks for pointing this out.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I may have found a bug:
Storing a candle data array (like instrument.close, for example) to a context.array causes subsequent candle data to be appended twice to the original candle data array.

I debugged the last 5 candles in these examples:

Compare double values here:
https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/DMNhcsNKHBG2WSqSm

and correct result here:
https://cryptotrader.org/backtests/R7m9PtxHKotEoYFqN

In the first example values appear twice, meaning instrument.close(instrument.close.length-1) and  instrument.close(instrument.close.length-2) are identical. Also, instrument.close.length grows twice as fast. The second example shows the correct output, all historical values are different.
It seems the problem only occurs with a context.array.
Unfortunately, we had to disable this feature, as the approach we used, does not provide adequate scalability. While we are developing more scalable solution, you may try this little tool that is compatible with algorithms hosted at Cryptotrader https://github.com/pulsecat/cryptrade. Feel free to ask questions here.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
We've added new "Real Trading" feature that allows any algorithm to trade at MtGox via their API. To start real trading:
- register at http://cryptotrader.org & verify your email
- upgrade account (costs $10/month)
- backtest your algorithm
- click "Trade" button, then go to "Real Trading" tab and fill the account form with your MtGox API secret & key.
- start trading bot by clicking 'Create'
pulsecat, I just tried your site out and it looks very promising. However I don't see any option to upgrade my account. Was this option removed or is there some other reason I am not seeing it?
I was looking for the same thing. His reply was that it was no longer available for new users, but I'm not a new user, so not sure whats up...

Activity: 7
We've added new "Real Trading" feature that allows any algorithm to trade at MtGox via their API. To start real trading:
- register at http://cryptotrader.org & verify your email
- upgrade account (costs $10/month)
- backtest your algorithm
- click "Trade" button, then go to "Real Trading" tab and fill the account form with your MtGox API secret & key.
- start trading bot by clicking 'Create'
I was wondering the whole time why the EMA made diferent results than I saw on the graph....Now i got it, I guess: EMA crosses trigger on the running candel? Doesn't make sense. How can I make the default EMAs script consider only CLOSED candels?

Your assumption is not right. Algorithms access only candles that closed already.

Hi pulsecat,

I just talked to bitfinex admin, regarding the market share it's 3000-10000 BTC per day (Bitstamp-Bitfinex combined, 1000-5000 BTC on internal trade).

As for the API it's here : https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api
If you have any problem with the API, Raphael (the admin) which is a great guy told me to give you his mail so that he can help you out if need be. You can get in touch with him here : [email protected]

We are quite a lot to trade there and really hope you will support bitfinex in the near future !

Take care

Thanks for information & contact. I think support for Bitfinex is definitely worth adding.
Activity: 476
As regards support for more exchanges, it is not hard to add support of new one if they provide an API, though i couldn't find out what is Bitfinex market share? Checked here http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/volumepie/

Hi pulsecat,

I just talked to bitfinex admin, regarding the market share it's 3000-10000 BTC per day (Bitstamp-Bitfinex combined, 1000-5000 BTC on internal trade).

As for the API it's here : https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api
If you have any problem with the API, Raphael (the admin) which is a great guy told me to give you his mail so that he can help you out if need be. You can get in touch with him here : [email protected]

We are quite a lot to trade there and really hope you will support bitfinex in the near future !

Take care
Pages:
Jump to: