Pages:
Author

Topic: Custom FPGA Board for Sale! - page 18. (Read 91608 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
August 18, 2011, 11:38:34 AM
Give me a price. Let me know about bulk orders too in terms of price, qty and shipping to LAX.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 18, 2011, 11:23:29 AM
I have been working with 2 other members of the bitcoin community to develop a custom FPGA mining board. Our goal was a quiet, efficient, highly profitable platform for bitcoin mining… with a much lower pricetag than previous FPGA boards.

We have made and tested a prototype with pool mining. With the most recent program it gets 100 MHash/s and uses 6.8W of power. In the future we expect incremental improvements to the mining speed due to better software. You can see from the Mining Hardware Comparison that our custom board is far better than the commercial FPGA alternatives in terms of $/Mhash.

The primary members of this FPGA team were:
fpgaminer, USA, Engineer
li_gangyi, Singapore, Electronics Hobbyist
newMeat1, USA, Engineer

We also want to thank makomk for his contributions to optimizing the code and NF6X for his advice on communication interfaces. It is a testament to the global nature of the bitcoin community that we were able to bring together such great talent from across the world.

Check out Li’s blog on the development of the board for more pictures!

We have 4 boards for sale at this moment. The cost is $440 equivalent based on the MT Gox weighted average, to be paid in BTC. Shipping costs will be added. We do international shipping—please message me if interested and we’ll work out the details. Up-front payment is required to cover our hardware costs. The boards will ship within 7 days after receipt of payment.

In the next few weeks, we will be putting together a bulk order, so don’t worry much if you miss out on this initial batch.

What do you need to run these boards on your computer?
•   An open USB port
•   An open 4-pin Molex power connector. Most computers have an extra one or two of these inside (my PC has 4!)

•   Download and install Xilinx's free ISE software, here
•   A Xilinx Platform Cable- we recommend eBay to get it cheap
•   Operating system: Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS and SUSE Linux Enterprise are supported
o   Other versions of Linux may work, but no guarantees

We'll be posting a walk-through soon about how to set up the board. If you got the bitcoin client running, you shouldn’t have any problems setting up the FPGA board  Smiley

Get yours now- the Bitcoin Dominator X5000!
Pages:
Jump to: