Pages:
Author

Topic: Custom Made Mining Cases! [Made to your demands!] - page 4. (Read 10021 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It's all about the game, and how you play it
Carbon steel will be riged enough from something this small to not flex he's using tubular members
Activity: 375
<3 Bitcoins
Just found out I can make it out of carbon steel for the same price! The only price that will change is the cost to ship it because its a heavier metal

Carbon steel is wonderful stuff, but it rusts unless you paint it carefully. And you still have stuctural issues if you do not cross brace.

Considering to have it welded.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I yam what I yam. - Popeye
Just found out I can make it out of carbon steel for the same price! The only price that will change is the cost to ship it because its a heavier metal

Carbon steel is wonderful stuff, but it rusts unless you paint it carefully. And you still have stuctural issues if you do not cross brace.
<3 Bitcoins
I think I may add some triangle braces but it adds more to the total cost to make :/

build one and see what kind of loads it can take put a known weight(approximate bricks/books lifting weights if you have them ect..) on it in multiple orientations if it needs the bracing and you do it slowly you'll see it start to buckle before it fails if not you can take the picture as proof it's not necissary.

When I make one I'll test its durability.

Don't forget to give it a good shake ot two.
Static and dynamic are two totally diferent beasts.
<3 Bitcoins
I think I may add some triangle braces but it adds more to the total cost to make :/

build one and see what kind of loads it can take put a known weight(approximate bricks/books lifting weights if you have them ect..) on it in multiple orientations if it needs the bracing and you do it slowly you'll see it start to buckle before it fails if not you can take the picture as proof it's not necissary.

When I make one I'll test its durability.

<3 Bitcoins
A couple of pieces of 1/2" square dowel, a saw and some superglue and off you go!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_27692-261-444506_?PL=1&productId=3041503

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/building-materials/moulding-millwork/waddell/1-2-in-x-1-2-in-x-36-in-hardwood-square-dowel-17356.html

BTW Your designs are nice but unstable as you have not built any cross bracing yet. Triangles are your friend! 8^)

I'm building It out of aluminum not wood.

a triangular bracing structure wouldnt be a bad idea if his aluminum was plate or rod but since he's using tubular aluminum he should be fine for somehting as small as a computer case.
<3 Bitcoins
A couple of pieces of 1/2" square dowel, a saw and some superglue and off you go!

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/building-materials/moulding-millwork/waddell/1-2-in-x-1-2-in-x-36-in-hardwood-square-dowel-17356.html

BTW Your designs are nice but unstable as you have not built any cross bracing yet. Triangles are your friend! 8^)

I'm building It out of aluminum not wood.

<3 Bitcoins
Just added a new model number 3
<3 Bitcoins
Just figured out the price and its a lot more expensive then i was expecting It would cost 240 for me to make it.
<3 Bitcoins
Lets get serio0us Wink This last one of yours - how much you ask for one? How much is international shipping to poland? And .... where do the2 power supplies go? Wink

Willing to give 1 a try... if anything else does not work out it isa nice test cae for trying out new hardware outside of a stackable component. IF things work out, I have to stack them up quite high to build a wall Wink

I still have yet to determine where the 2nd power supply will go and shipping to Poland will be a lot I would think at least 70$
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Lets get serio0us Wink This last one of yours - how much you ask for one? How much is international shipping to poland? And .... where do the2 power supplies go? Wink

Willing to give 1 a try... if anything else does not work out it isa nice test cae for trying out new hardware outside of a stackable component. IF things work out, I have to stack them up quite high to build a wall Wink
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I think those images are flipped; the intake fan on reference cards is on the other side.
<3 Bitcoins
Here is the design I have came up with for bluefirecorp! This design is stable on top of each other!

Picture Of Design!

Air made for external exhaust cards! (Will have a second airflow design for external exhaust cases!)
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
On the 6u case design [which looks amazing],
how much are you looking for it?
<3 Bitcoins
The diesigns look interewsting, i'm wondering if you sold it as a kit instead of assembled if you could save on shipping some.

I could that that!
The designs look interesting, I’m wondering if you sold it as a kit instead of assembled if you could save on shipping some.
*spelling correction for post from smartphone*
Pages:
Jump to: