Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔥�� [MAINNET] [UPX] uPlexa ⚡� Anonymity and eCommerce via IoT - page 44. (Read 50859 times)

Activity: 762
Merit: 35
And... I have a question concerning the miner: I see that most of you guys set the cpu load at 80/85%, but never 100%. Why is that? Is the hashing performance lesser if you set it 100%?

I choose this setting because of two reasons: first: I need my CPU for other work as well, and second: I don't want my CPU to wear down too much by overstressing the cpu with max performance. To be honest I have no clue what  I am doing, so if anyone says it does not work this way and my reasoning does not make sense at all, I love to be corrected.. So far it works for me though Cheesy
Putting in 100% gave me no noticable more hashing power.

First: mention your CPU model. Then what kind of software you use on it and then if you use it 24/7 or only 8-10 hours a day.

There are many options - low power mining, undervolting, lowe the number of mining cores, mine only during the night, etc. If you are interested and tweaky enough, you can tailor it to match your lifestyle without affecting your performance.

But also keep in mind that a single CPU is not going to make millions of UPX. You can also write an article, or create a piece of software which will bring you much more UPX via the Bounty: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5082311.20;topicseen
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
That's what makes the power of this project, besides the inspired, hard-working and dedicated Dev team : the community Smiley
Thanks again @neqniox for this website, are you planning to add all the interesting articles and videos that are gonna be written withint the next months?

And... I have a question concerning the miner: I see that most of you guys set the cpu load at 80/85%, but never 100%. Why is that? Is the hashing performance lesser if you set it 100%?

As promised, http://www.uplexamining.com is now up!
It's still early days, and I will work on it over the coming weeks.

We aim to provide;

- A database of user-submitted performance figures, specific to uPelxa
- An overview of the project
- Links and live stats of our public pools
- Mining instructions for all supported mining applications (right now, that's just one)

Please feel free to submit your performance data. It could help other miners determine what hardware to buy!
are you part of the uplexa team?

I am not a member of the core team, no.
Just a technologist who loves the concept and is engaging with the project where required.

I certainly am!

I'm very much leaving the door open for any content the community wants; it's main job is to provide benchmarks from one single place, but if people want author things or request for new content, I'll be listening.

It's for the community after all; I don't even consider myself as the owner of the site!

Re the max cpu setting; I think the above answer hits the nail on the head. Some people wish to use their machines for other things whilst mining, and this should prevent any significant slow-down of other operations.

Weirdly though, I've found some of my systems (my i5 laptop for example), can max out hashrate-wise at around 68% CPU, which means I'm always able to do 'something' else on the laptop whilst mining.
Activity: 83
Merit: 1

I choose this setting because of two reasons: first: I need my CPU for other work as well, and second: I don't want my CPU to wear down too much by overstressing the cpu with max performance. To be honest I have no clue what  I am doing, so if anyone says it does not work this way and my reasoning does not make sense at all, I love to be corrected.. So far it works for me though Cheesy
Putting in 100% gave me no noticable more hashing power.
Activity: 313
Merit: 8
That's what makes the power of this project, besides the inspired, hard-working and dedicated Dev team : the community Smiley
Thanks again @neqniox for this website, are you planning to add all the interesting articles and videos that are gonna be written withint the next months?

We aim to provide;

- Mining instructions for all supported mining applications (right now, that's just one)

Please feel free to submit your performance data. It could help other miners determine what hardware to buy!

Just a technologist who loves the concept and is engaging with the project where required.
copper member
Activity: 143
Merit: 3
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker on bitcointalk here !

The uPlexa project is so exciting that I have decided to join the board :-)

I went on the discord community for help yesterday and someone solved my problem in a matter of minutes... very nice.

I'll set up another rig (XEON based) tonight !

Keep up with the good work.

Glad to have you as apart of our amazing community!

I see an active team and active managers. they are really focused, and do everything in order to raise their project to a high level

Much appreciated!
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
I see an active team and active managers. they are really focused, and do everything in order to raise their project to a high level
Activity: 21
Hi Guys,

I went on the discord community for help yesterday and someone solved my problem in a matter of minutes... very nice.

Hats off to ALL the new UPX miners and pool ops. You know who you are. Some of you even mining UPX as your first coin! Welcome to the uPlexa community!

We aim to provide;

Activity: 1
Hi Guys,

Activity: 146

We aim to provide;

reading all the details for this project give me much interested to buy a rig to start mining too..what rig do you think is profitable to start mining with this coin..and what exchange do you plan to list/or negotiate to list?

Right now, it's not possible to determine profitability as the code has only been out for 3 weeks and we're not yet listed on any Exchanges.
Our official Discord group has some non-official peer-to-peer trading for prices ranging from 15-100 SATS per uPlexa.

The overall pool hash rate is still under 4MH/s, which is nothing in Crypto terms.

To give you an idea of what you can earn (coin-wise) right now, it's just under 1 UPX per day, per 1H/s

- Average i5 laptop @ 600H/s = 540UPX per day

Hope this helps!
Get involved!

Just a quick hint, the Ryzen mentioned here is overclocked to 3.6Ghz and using 14 out of 16 cores, limited to up to 80% CPU load.
With full 16 cores it would do more than4100H/s
Please add a field for additional tweaks so people can destinguish one setup from another!

Thanks - the core utilisation is already accounted for on the on the site (albeit I didn't have your max_cpu figures).
I'll probably just denote overclocked systems with OC after the processor name, and then change the 'download config' to 'notes', where I can expand on any non-standard systems.

I'll obviously include this information in the key.

Thanks for the feedback! Smiley
Activity: 762
Merit: 35
reading all the details for this project give me much interested to buy a rig to start mining too..what rig do you think is profitable to start mining with this coin..and what exchange do you plan to list/or negotiate to list?

Right now, it's not possible to determine profitability as the code has only been out for 3 weeks and we're not yet listed on any Exchanges.
Our official Discord group has some non-official peer-to-peer trading for prices ranging from 15-100 SATS per uPlexa.

The overall pool hash rate is still under 4MH/s, which is nothing in Crypto terms.

To give you an idea of what you can earn (coin-wise) right now, it's just under 1 UPX per day, per 1H/s

- Ryzen 1700@ 3970 H/s = 3571UPX per day

Hope this helps!
Get involved!

Just a quick hint, the Ryzen mentioned here is overclocked to 3.6Ghz and using 14 out of 16 cores, limited to up to 80% CPU load.
With full 16 cores it would do more than4100H/s
Please add a field for additional tweaks so people can destinguish one setup from another!

- Ryzen 1700@ 3970 H/s = 3571UPX per day

Hope this helps!
Get involved!

We aim to provide;

Activity: 146
Activity: 487
Merit: 101
Me also started with no knowledge in mining i just followed the tutorial given in uplexa official pool bux, im using alienware i7 laptop and im getting a maximum 1.2h/s in 3 huge pages .. hopefully that my laptop don't get burned out Cheesy and earned enough profit when exchange became live
Activity: 83
Merit: 1
I started with no knowledge about mining at all three weeks ago, I learned a lot in the meantime. I just Found UPX and was interested to give it a try. I had some trouble finding out which setup worked best for me. Hopefully my setup can help other people who are interested, so here we go:
My single i7 4770 3.40Ghz on win10 does about 1.5Kh.s on three threads with hugh pages enabled. Low power mode 2, max cpu 85.
Activity: 313
Merit: 8
whaaat? A configuration optimization website??!! THAT would be amazing!
There are so many different CPUs out there, it's really not easy to get the best out of them... and when you're a little fish as I am, you like to squeeze every little bit of juice out of your CPU Cheesy

@neqniox what's your vision about it? enter CPU, and load config file or something?

@uPlexa have you heard of jc cn cpu miner? it's a really nice cryptonote miner, very well optimized, they like to add new projects in a regular way... maybe you could give that guy a poke? Unless you have already included every possible optimizations to the original xmrig, of course ^^
https://github.com/jceminer/cn_cpu_miner

For anyone interested in mining, my farm is made up predominantly of 2660 0's and 2650 v2's (E5's).
I thought I'd post the optimum hash rates and configs for XMRig for these (plus two other laptop based procs I have).

Might come in useful if everyone can share their best configs as well!

i5-7300U - 630H/s
Config: 2 threads, low power mode 1, affine to CPU 0,2 (Windows)

i7-8550U - 1600H/s
Config: 4 threads, low power mode 1, affine to CPU 0,2,4,6 (Windows)

E5-2660 0 - 2550H/s
Config: 16 threads, low power mode 1, affine to CPU false (Ubuntu)

E5-2650 v2 - 2900H/s
Config: 16 threads, low power mode 1, affine to CPU false (Ubuntu)

These are all with Huge Pages enabled and CPU max set to 99%.
I'll try and set something more official up so everyone can contribute.

You can add Ryzen 1700 @3.6Ghz - 3970H/s  "max-cpu-usage": 80 "huge-pages": true,
    "hw-aes": null  "cpu-affinity": null, using 14 out of 16 threads (2 left for browsing).
Running at 1.112V=64W

You fellas are killing it. Thank you for your continued efforts and support! Excited to see your configuration optimization website @neqniox
copper member
Activity: 143
Merit: 3
I have a nice suggestion for the team. Since this is an IoT mining coin,
why not think of a bounty for best uPlexa mining software for
a certain device type. Let's say Android phones/tablets.

Or it could be IoT fridges, TV Boxes, etc.
It must be: 1. Open sorce, 2. shared for free with uPlexa users.

What do you say?

We already have a development bounty, of which nobody has participated in. For now it looks like it's just us Wink
Pages:
Jump to: