Pages:
Author

Topic: Dank Metal - Silver for BTC @ $30/oz - Updated 12/12/12 - page 3. (Read 12623 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
With Dank's rep and the time he put into his account, not only is it not cost efficient to leave with so little gain

Isn't he the guy with the famous car loan?

Motorcycle, and yes. You know, I could never really tell if he was serious about that... I think thats what made the joke the best. The fact that I don't know if it was or not, although I'm leaning towards it being not.

What about escrow with SaltySpitoon?
Whatever you prefer.

I'd be honored to serve as escrow between you two. Tecshare was actually the first person I ever dealt with (on the forums), so its an odd reversal. Either way, I'm good with it.
Very serious about the motorcycle, one will come across me.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Realistically, where can I come buy the silver in person
We're pretty far across the country.

no matter where I am you're far from me? is that your answer
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
With Dank's rep and the time he put into his account, not only is it not cost efficient to leave with so little gain

Motorcycle, and yes. You know, I could never really tell if he was serious about that... I think thats what made the joke the best. The fact that I don't know if it was or not, although I'm leaning towards it being not.

Whatever you prefer.

I'd be honored to serve as escrow between you two. Tecshare was actually the first person I ever dealt with (on the forums), so its an odd reversal. Either way, I'm good with it.
Merit: 522

There's a problem with that flowchart in that it blows the examples of what constitutes basic principles of reason. The second example is valid but the first is not, just because one alternative seems more likely than others is not enough to proclaim it true. Also the simple volume of supporting evidence is usually a poor measure of support quality (it only takes one black swan to disprove the theory swans are white, no matter how many white swans one can amass).

But if given the chance to grow to the point where his parents couldn't pay the interest anymore

Seems unlikely doesn't it?

For the record, I think that the US has some insanely stupid laws with regard to many things and that the penalties for breaking many of those laws are ludicrous.  That reality makes being cautious about which laws you choose to break

Alternatively, it makes leaving the rogue state for good pretty smart. Why stick with a sinking ship?
legendary
You cannot kill love
We're pretty far across the country.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Whatever you prefer.

Well I pmed you about this, if you want to sell some silver please respond.
legendary
You cannot kill love
Whatever you prefer.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Mind your own business, dude.  We're not in the business of telling dank or anyone else what to do, and neither are you.

Shut your mouth, dude.  He has 10x your community involvement and has done a lot more good around here than you.  Respect those who were here before you.

I have no community involvement yet but I have to say, he only typed what I was thinking.  If someone wants to sell gold or silver in BTC without involving the IRS, more power to them.  Anyone who steps in to remind another of the slave state tax rules is a slave themselves.  the IRS can go screw.

I personally think anonymous BTC exchange to gold/siver is going to be just what we need.

Oh, and the IRS can go screw.

It's fine to have opinions and express them even without prior community involvement.  At least you are able to get your points across without being a dick to others.   Wink
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I have no community involvement yet but I have to say, he only typed what I was thinking.  If someone wants to sell gold or silver in BTC without involving the IRS, more power to them.  Anyone who steps in to remind another of the slave state tax rules is a slave themselves.  the IRS can go screw.

I personally think anonymous BTC exchange to gold/siver is going to be just what we need.

People can do whatever they want as long as they're willing to live with the consequences.  Why don't you ask Roger Ver about how ignoring rules which you don't believe should exist turned out for him.  Or Sonny Vleisides.  dank's "all you need is love" bullshit might be annoying as shit, but nobody wants to see him make bad choices which could haunt the rest of his life just because he's a naive, idealistic teenager who thinks he has all the answers to life, the Universe and everything and thinks he's invincible.

For the record, I think that the US has some insanely stupid laws with regard to many things and that the penalties for breaking many of those laws are ludicrous.  That reality makes being cautious about which laws you choose to break even more advisable because trivial things can bite you in the ass in a big way.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Mind your own business, dude.  We're not in the business of telling dank or anyone else what to do, and neither are you.

Shut your mouth, dude.  He has 10x your community involvement and has done a lot more good around here than you.  Respect those who were here before you.

I have no community involvement yet but I have to say, he only typed what I was thinking.  If someone wants to sell gold or silver in BTC without involving the IRS, more power to them.  Anyone who steps in to remind another of the slave state tax rules is a slave themselves.  the IRS can go screw.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hope you realise that dealers in silver and gold - including coins - are required to report transactions over $600 to the IRS as of 1 January this year and that if you're selling them as an individual you're required to report any profit you make on the sale as a capital gain.

Amen on that.
Vod
legendary
The only problem that I have with the ponzi reasoning in this case is that his deposit scheme was a lot larger at one point

No it wasn't.  He has the most customers right now, which isn't very many thankfully.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Dank IS running a ponzi.  
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dank-bank-deposits-danks-soul-is-claimed-new-music-nov-30th-93003

Or do you think he has a magic way of making more than 280% annually (2% per week) that no one else has ever been able to do?
The only problem that I have with the ponzi reasoning in this case is that his deposit scheme was a lot larger at one point, so if it was a straight ponzi it's unlikely that it would have been able to shrink to this level without imploding.

Is dank completely insane? If not an elaborate troll then yeah, probably.
Is he running a ponzi scheme outright? Maybe, maybe not.
Vod
legendary
 I'm not going to follow your flowchart.  Neither are you, apparently.

The guy is a complete hypocrite.   Sad
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Mind your own business, dude.  We're not in the business of telling dank or anyone else what to do, and neither are you.

You've got a registration date of 8 November this year.  It's a little early to consider yourself part of "we", let alone presume to speak for anyone but yourself.

But hey, feel perfectly free to add me to your ignore list.  I'm not going to follow your flowchart.  Neither are you, apparently.

Quote from: Ruddo's sig
If you can't follow this flowchart or engage in verbal abuse, I'll point it out and add you to my ignore list.

Flowchart.

http://i.imgur.com/DEhIC.jpg

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
legendary
You cannot kill love
What type of escrow offered? Sorry if this was asked already
I can escrow through senbon or something, if you want.  But dawg, you don't need escrow with dank.
wow, there is OT all over the place!

whats OT?

and you better go cleanup all that hash in your pants
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
wow, there is OT all over the place!
Pages:
Jump to: