Pages:
Author

Topic: Dank Metal - Silver for BTC @ $30/oz - Updated 12/12/12 - page 5. (Read 12623 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
And they will get their karma, the universe will make things right, it always does, that's nature.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
Zhou tong, pirate, hashking, Patrick, and all the others all had loads of successful transactions as well.  Successful scammers always build trust so they can exit with the greatest amount of profit.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me, I have already decided not to do business with you.  I am just giving you a heads up on how your other thread(s) are affecting your business.
legendary
You cannot kill love
That's fine, but I think the fear of me scamming you is a little irrational, since I've transacted over 1000 BTC on these forums.  I have done nothing but represent myself as an honest person.  Different?  Sure, but always honest.

You cannot gain anything by acting dishonest.  It may seem like you can gain something by lying, but ultimately you're lying to yourself and only divide you from others.
daytrader/superhero
Yup pretty much. That "doubt and judgement" is what has kept me from losing money in any of the numerous scams on this forum. I've been watching them fall since Bruce was the btc poster boy, and haven't got caught up yet.
legendary
You cannot kill love
If I hadn't read your other threads, I most likely would've bought some of these. Ive been doing the btc thing for a while, and frankly, I'm getting bored of it; its time to cash in on my trading profits.

Unfortunately, the lack of proffesionalism in your other buisiness pursuits on this forum makes it nearly impossible to trust you. I doubt I am the only one who feels this way.
So, if I read this correct, you would have taken an action, but you let doubt and judgement impede your will to do so.

I will go through my messages and see what I have left.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I believe the Standing Liberty is real. But I have seen a video with the same exact bar...it had about a 2mm thick shell of gold and was then filled with tungsten. Not saying thats the case here-just beware.

While it is always a good idea to test silver, especially larger increments, counterfeits are MUCH more uncommon in silver than gold. The reasoning for that being, until you get past 1 Oz increments, its actually more expensive to make a counterfeit than it is to buy/sell a legitimate silver coin. Even at 5 Oz its a little shaky as to whether its even a worth the effort. It costs on the order of $40 to make a decent fake of a 1 Oz bar, and for silver, well why would someone make a $40 counterfeit to sell for $35 or so? Gold on the other hand, at $70 or better per gram (if you are buying in gram increments) its more than worthwhile to do so.

Either way, I'd advise everyone that purchases any silver to have a neodymium magnet handy, and a good scale that does gram, ounce, and troy ounce increments.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I believe the Standing Liberty is real. But I have seen a video with the same exact bar...it had about a 2mm thick shell of gold and was then filled with tungsten. Not saying thats the case here-just beware.
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
Do you still have the tooth fairy piece left?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
put in an offer for the 1/4 liberty and 20 half dollars, lets make a deal!
daytrader/superhero
If I hadn't read your other threads, I most likely would've bought some of these. Ive been doing the btc thing for a while, and frankly, I'm getting bored of it; its time to cash in on my trading profits.

Unfortunately, the lack of proffesionalism in your other buisiness pursuits on this forum makes it nearly impossible to trust you. I doubt I am the only one who feels this way.

legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
Hope you realise that dealers in silver and gold - including coins - are required to report transactions over $600 to the IRS as of 1 January this year and that if you're selling them as an individual you're required to report any profit you make on the sale as a capital gain.

That law was repealed in 2011.

Comprehensive 1099 Taxpayer Protection and Repayment of Exchange Subsidy Overpayments Act of 2011, Pub. L. No. 112-9, 125 Stat. 36 (2011)
legendary
You cannot kill love
I'm not dealing metals, I'm selling what I have.

Qoheleth, 2" x 3.5"
legendary
Activity: 960
Merit: 1028
Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.
What are the dimensions of the dragon bar? Also, are you amenable to escrow?

I'm not committing to anything - just putting feelers out.
legendary
Just sent payment for the half pound Silver Eagle

set to ship tomorrow  Grin

thanks Dank

edit* Figured I'd at least be a customer if I was going to accidentally threadcrap.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Just sent payment to Dank for :

2x 1 oz .999% 2012 Liberty dollar

Seller said he will ship out tomorrow.

Thank you
Activity: 868
Hope you realise that dealers in silver and gold - including coins - are required to report transactions over $600 to the IRS as of 1 January this year and that if you're selling them as an individual you're required to report any profit you make on the sale as a capital gain.
Didn't you know, the IRS is accepting love instead of money for tax purposes.

Funny how dank isn't accepting love instead of money for his coins or paying his rent with love.

Sorry to be fueling conversation in this sort of thread, but I'm curious. What law is this? I've worked pretty closely with my local silver dealer, and in the U.S, depending on what state you are in, there is either no tax on Silver/Gold, no tax if you purchase more than $500 worth, or no tax if you purchase more than $1000 worth.

It looks like it's an amendment to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (I've never understood why US laws contain clauses that are totally unrelated to the purpose of a particular legislation).

The act now also requires dealers to report transactions of goods and services that exceed $600 by using Form 1099. The requirement goes into effect as of January 1, 2012. Gold, considered a precious metal, falls under this category. The Joint Committee on Taxation, as reported by ABC News, estimates the new reporting requirements will allow the government to collect $17 billion in previously uncollected taxes over 10 years.

Gold coins are considered a capital asset -- something that cannot be converted quickly into cash. Any gain or loss gold sustained during a sale is considered to be a capital gain or loss. The taxpayer must report the proceeds noted on the 1099-B as a capital gain on his annual tax filing.

http://www.ehow.com/info_7917671_government-buying-selling-gold-coins.html

The dealer doesn't need to collect tax on the sale from what I can see, they only need to report the sale to the IRS and the onus is on the buyer to include any capital gains in their tax return.
legendary
Hope you realise that dealers in silver and gold - including coins - are required to report transactions over $600 to the IRS as of 1 January this year and that if you're selling them as an individual required to report any profit you make on the sale as a capital gain.

Sorry to be fueling conversation in this sort of thread, but I'm curious. What law is this? I've worked pretty closely with my local silver dealer, and in the U.S, depending on what state you are in, there is either no tax on Silver/Gold, no tax if you purchase more than $500 worth, or no tax if you purchase more than $1000 worth.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Didn't you know, the IRS is accepting love instead of money for tax purposes.
Activity: 868
legendary
You cannot kill love
Pages:
Jump to: