Pages:
Author

Topic: DARKCOIN (NOW KNOWN AS DASH) BIG SCAM?? let's take a closer look - page 2. (Read 13882 times)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250
1. Dark coin (called some other name back then) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a HUGE amount of blocks being instamined almost.....well INSTANTLY.

These are the points how scam coins are starting be careful.

true true

What can we say about it... People are following scammers like sheeps Sad
Activity: 294
1. Dark coin (called some other name back then) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a HUGE amount of blocks being instamined almost.....well INSTANTLY.

true true
Activity: 478
I still believe Darkcoin is fair coin, despite instamine or not.

Ultil now we still have plenty chances to earn Darkcoin by mining and setting up master nodes.. etc...
Activity: 252
well as far as i kow the dark coin as x11 mining its good for mining and its on some sites fo cloud mining and its highly rated as coin and is also a secure coin to mine and do have wallet soo i bet this coin is going to be the dark coin as a goods coin to use and be safe and secure blockchain more than bitcoin that as been blockchain hacked this one is not i dont know if the blocks of darkcoin are going to go lees in a few days but the truth i guess its a good coin i use it
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023
FUD !
DO NOT QUOTE THE TROLLS !
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

outstanding investigator, I cant believe you are the first to post this, congratulations you have just won $1,000,000

Possibly you will uncover the identity of satoshi next?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

Really? No way.. good work Sherlock!
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
THE FACTS ABOUT IloveAnonCoin

[x] Missed the lunch
[x] Unable to install ubuntu
[x] Is angry
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012
vertex output parameter not completely initialized
XBC guys !

XBC will add darksend option  Grin
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

LC definitely got them beat on that point. 500,000 or 50% of the 1M total was insta-mined in 30 minutes! They even try to cover up their insta-mine scam by calling it 'fast distribution' of the coin. I'll say, fast distribution into the wallets of those 'early adopters' in the first 30 minutes  Grin

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#limecoin
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

Thank to coins101, he points me here.
Activity: 308

Dev just admitted that the airdrop "community vote" was a phony

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6130038

To be fair, I don't think he admitted it, he just failed to add a comma.

After I asked many investors ...

Should read "After I asked, many investors..."

Punctuation is important folks.

Nope, it's pretty clear that he ended the poll prematurely, the real voting was 45% for and 55% against in a few hours, I didn't even knew the thread existed. Then it was locked and deemed as "community voted against" which is bullshit.

He realized it was a horrible idea.

For instaminers? of course it was a horrible idea to give away your hard earned insta mine.
Activity: 322
Merit: 105

Nope, it's pretty clear that he ended the poll prematurely, the real voting was 45% for and 55% against in a few hours, I didn't even knew the thread existed. Then it was locked and deemed as "community voted against" which is bullshit.

He realized it was a horrible idea.

Megacoin has dropped just as badly ... it's community is nowhere near as large as qrks. You are a noob who missed out on qrk nothing more. Your entire crypto wealth totals a few qrk at best. Stick to cents they are the coin for you.

When can we ban these fucktard noobs who spam the board daily ... this is the 3rd or 4th thread on this today from the same moron.

The fucking noob crybaby has no clue.

The distribution of qrk has been done to death.............

It's distribution is no worse than BTC LTC PPC etc  they are all pretty much around the same..

Sorry for the cross post....but can I point out a fact that cryptohunter was defending similar attacks he is making against Dark.

No opinions, just facts.

another pointless post from a clutcher of straws.....

this is about CAPTIVE instamining with no windows qt and changing the minting.... this is not about current distribution all we know about current distribution is wallet balances but we are not discussing current distribution. If you want to talk about other coins then make a thread. Next one is delted if it makes no sense.

The arguements about qrk do not hold here i have posted why already.

1. everyone there could mine - not 80%+ closed out from mining
2. diff adjust worked (HUGE DIFFERENCE)
3. Not later cutting minting by 75% to increase day 1 mining to 50% of current minting.

so if you keep bringing up other coins it makes dark look even worse and is not relevant to this discussion.... this is about drk coin.

Keep on topic.

WOW you drk guys are trying to find something...hehe keep reading guys.

I HAVE ALREADY POSTED A FULL QRK COMPARISON ON THIS THREAD  - read it.

There is no need to keep trying to divert attention to other coins.... keep on topic.

But you sound so reasonable and wanting to do the community such an awfully good deed by only focusing on the facts. Facts which keep getting repeated to bump the thread.

But the facts from your posts on QRK show you have a real way with four letter words and reveal so much more about your attitude. That is mostly fact based. I have added some minor interpretations of your intentions.

My language depends upon my mood us teenagers are notoriously hard to get along with. However enough of your nonsense, motives etc etc mean nothing. Facts are facts....boo hoo cryptohunter swears sometimes so that changes the facts here does not work.

It seems now that everyone acknowledges the instamine happened and the cutting from 88M to 22M happened.... it happened end of story.

We are now into the excuses and justfication. There are none. Please forget about it, you are bumping and bumping. If you don't reply i won't sit here typing to myself.

Either you are anti dark coin or mad.  Either way make your own thread if you can't stay on topic.

Like i say if you found a post where i admit i'm the devil himself....that can not alter the facts presented here.

So remain quiet. unless you bring new evidence to refute the block explorers findings.

The dev offered to make it up to us actually and i think he would, he does not want to code his ass off now for ever with this shit storm blowing up every 5 mins it makes no sense for him rather dilute his holdings a bit and have a stonger more marketable  coin....  However the holders wanted to protect their investment ....i get it but still don't spin me the instamine was good, the cutting of minting was good,.... no it was not good.... it was very bad.  Dev wants to mend he knows now it was a big mistake..., community will never agree. End of story. Nothing more to be said. Time to forget it.

What do we learn..... stop scams instantly before they get hold, by then people are invested in terms of time, money and effort... you can never go back and fix it even if they want to.

Wow.  Keep on flogging that straw man, stud.
Megacoin has dropped just as badly ... it's community is nowhere near as large as qrks. You are a noob who missed out on qrk nothing more. Your entire crypto wealth totals a few qrk at best. Stick to cents they are the coin for you.

When can we ban these fucktard noobs who spam the board daily ... this is the 3rd or 4th thread on this today from the same moron.

It's distribution is no worse than BTC LTC PPC etc  they are all pretty much around the same..

Sorry for the cross post....but can I point out a fact that cryptohunter was defending similar attacks he is making against Dark.

No opinions, just facts.

this is about CAPTIVE instamining with no windows qt and changing the minting.... this is not about current distribution all we know about current distribution is wallet balances but we are not discussing current distribution. If you want to talk about other coins then make a thread. Next one is delted if it makes no sense.

3. Not later cutting minting by 75% to increase day 1 mining to 50% of current minting.

so if you keep bringing up other coins it makes dark look even worse and is not relevant to this discussion.... this is about drk coin.

Keep on topic.

There is no need to keep trying to divert attention to other coins.... keep on topic.

But you sound so reasonable and wanting to do the community such an awfully good deed by only focusing on the facts. Facts which keep getting repeated to bump the thread.

But the facts from your posts on QRK show you have a real way with four letter words and reveal so much more about your attitude. That is mostly fact based. I have added some minor interpretations of your intentions.

My language depends upon my mood us teenagers are notoriously hard to get along with. However enough of your nonsense, motives etc etc mean nothing. Facts are facts....boo hoo cryptohunter swears sometimes so that changes the facts here does not work.

It seems now that everyone acknowledges the instamine happened and the cutting from 88M to 22M happened.... it happened end of story.

We are now into the excuses and justfication. There are none. Please forget about it, you are bumping and bumping. If you don't reply i won't sit here typing to myself.

Either you are anti dark coin or mad.  Either way make your own thread if you can't stay on topic.

Like i say if you found a post where i admit i'm the devil himself....that can not alter the facts presented here.

So remain quiet. unless you bring new evidence to refute the block explorers findings.

The dev offered to make it up to us actually and i think he would, he does not want to code his ass off now for ever with this shit storm blowing up every 5 mins it makes no sense for him rather dilute his holdings a bit and have a stonger more marketable  coin....  However the holders wanted to protect their investment ....i get it but still don't spin me the instamine was good, the cutting of minting was good,.... no it was not good.... it was very bad.  Dev wants to mend he knows now it was a big mistake..., community will never agree. End of story. Nothing more to be said. Time to forget it.

What do we learn..... stop scams instantly before they get hold, by then people are invested in terms of time, money and effort... you can never go back and fix it even if they want to.

oh i see now ... so it happened Smiley  that's all you needed to say.  

If you have nothing new to add then why post.  Why ask for proof then say you know it happened anyway.... stop wasting my time.

If the dev and a handful of people accidentally mined up 50% of the current minting in 24hours then accidents happen i guess lol Smiley

No, it's just fair that they get an advantage.

Wait, but it didn't happen, prove it.

Who cares if it happened? I don't give a shit and have nothing to be scared of.

But it didn't happen, prove it.

I know it happened and it's public knowledge, so who cares?

But the burden of proof is on you.

Best Regards,
eltito

What happened, a mistake where a lot of coins were mined in the very beginning, which was corrected as soon as the dev realized it?  Yes - it's right there on the bitcointalk thread for everyone to see.  Also on darkcointalk.  Who ever claimed otherwise?  Not me.   Smiley

Cryptohunter is accusing the devs of scamming, with no evidence to support the accusation.  That is what he needs to prove.  The other thing is common, public knowledge.

Why is this so difficult for you two to grasp?

So was it a mistake or a fair advantage? please state your position firmly so we can have a real discussion.

I've answered this.  https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

Don't deflect. Answer my very simple question:

Was the instamine a mistake or a fair advantage to dev and his buddies?

According to the dev it was the former.  According to you it was the latter.  The burden of proof lies on you, not on him (or me).

And what is YOUR position? this is the third time that I ask you this question, why do you not answer directly?

Intuition isn't your strong suit...

My position is what the available evidence bears out: that it was an honest mistake and a fumbled launch, corrected as soon as it was realized.  Nothing nefarious.

Now, as I've asked you far more than three times (to no avail thus far), what evidence do you have that supports your accusation that it was a scam?

Ok now that you have finally stated your position.

First, you say that "where do I come up with the 2 million figure"

Well it's pretty easy actually:

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/DarkCoin?hi=3450&count=20 Up until this block the reward was 500 so, 3450 * 500 = 1,725,000 coins.

Then from block 3500 to block 4032 the reward was 277, so 532 blocks * 277 = 147,000 coins.

After that somehow the reward was again 500 from block 4033 to 4500, 468 blocks * 500 coins = 234,000 coins.

If you add them up = 2,106,000 coins, so 2.1 Million coins.

Secondly, you belive dev when he says that "they didn't know something was happening" until they reached block 4500.

This is complete and utter bullshit, if you check the thread that you linked me to he says:

"We launched later and immediately got stuck on block 42, I was new to the Bitcoin codebase and wasn’t sure what I missed so I announced we’d relaunch later."

- When they got stuck at block 42 he should have definitely know that the blocks were rewarding 500 coins, but he decided to ignore it and just "fix" the part where they got stuck and didn't touch the faulty minting code.

- The difficulty wasn't retargeting either, he somehow also "didn't notice" it after the first 42 blocks problem.

- No windows qt wallet after 8 hours of mining 500 non-retargeting low difficulty blocks.

- Lastly, how the fuck do you mess everything up in your favor and don't seem to notice until "it's too late and we're too rich to do anyhting about it".

EDIT: Forgot to add, he states that he was new to making coins... why didn't he used the built in testnet before launching?

Every one of your questions is answerable by your last line:

Forgot to add, he states that he was new to making coins...

I'm fine with Halon's razor, but let's say you're right.  Why didn't they dump it all when it was over .002 and disappear?  That's a couple million bucks for a month or two's work, not bad eh?  Why would the dev make his true identity available if he had nefarious intent?  Why continue to develop the coin?  Why waste your time?  Why risk watching it crash?  

Are you going to say greed?  He and his "buddies" could have pulled $2M USD out of thin air, with no guarantee they'd EVER be able to do it again.  Why didn't they?  If greed is the motivator, they truly suck at being greedy.

Cutting the supply was a decision based on input from potential investors.  His reasoning is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5823918

Notice that his original thought was to reduce new coin supply by 20% per year.  If his intent was to leverage his ill-gotten gains from the "Grand DRK Heist of '14," why lower that number to 7%?  There are several people on the bitcointalk thread who say they're invested well into 5 figures, and those are just the ones we know of.  I believe the biggest wallet is somewhere in the area of 190k DRK.

None of what you are implying makes any sense outside of your bubble of no-context.  None of the dev's actions have indicated anything other than seriousness and commitment to making the coin viable and successful for everyone involved.

Edit: Which reminds me, I read somewhere on the bitcointalk thread that the total supply will max at in the low 70M range with the yearly cut to new minting being 7% instead of 20% (as originally proposed).  Unfortunately I can't find the post at the moment.  The original intent was for 84M, so that is not a very significant cut, and it arrives there in a much smoother fashion.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

No opinions, just facts.

Keep on topic.

Pages:
Jump to: