Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 17. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004
Good evening everyone.

This thread is becoming quite entertaining! The detractors have sensed the tide turning, and have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at us here. Lots of long winded posts, full of "half-truth, half-spin" that they have been allowed to get away with for two years. Damn, we are popular! You can arrive at your own conclusions why they are here day in and day out, it doesn't take much to figure it out.

Indeed. My pop-psychology hypothesis is that the world of cryptotech attracts a certain breed of folks that achieve a certain amount ego-gratification by poking at prominent projects. Kinda like the loudmouth 13 year old insecure punk we all knew in grade school. Heck, some of us used to be that punk. And heck, some of these guys posting are probably 13! Some sure come across as such.

Anyway... Dash is doing good things. These gnats can continue to annoy in their attempt at inflated self-importance. While they continue to proclaim the "end is nigh" and hand out Jack Chick tracts, Dash will continue to improve and innovate.

Agree, horses for courses, some people just can't accept that PlayStation is superior to Xbox.  Shocked

I don't think you can prove that trustlessly...  Wink

Back to dash

Very interesting talk
http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep04/
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Any cryptosystem that fails to verify its purpose in an objective and trustless way

Given that Dash *does* verify its purpose in an objective and trustless way then, I think you might have stumbled into the wrong thread. (As I said, might be something to do with your scrambled-egg like conflation of terms such as promissory note, trust, protocol articulation, obfuscation etc..etc...).

No worries. Help is at hand Wink

Meanwhile, here is a most excellent alternative perspective on masternode economics which contrast starkly with yours regarding the merits of the system  Grin

How do you trustlessly verify masternode operators aren't using the fees they collect (or market manipulation) to increase the number of masternodes they hold? Again, in a trustless manner that doesn't depend on humans acting in good faith, best intentions, or the presumption that these motives can be trusted, as the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and the presumption of good intentions is just a road sign along the way.

Keep it simple, if you can? I don't feel like wading through more faulty argumentation.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Good evening everyone.

This thread is becoming quite entertaining! The detractors have sensed the tide turning, and have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at us here. Lots of long winded posts, full of "half-truth, half-spin" that they have been allowed to get away with for two years. Damn, we are popular! You can arrive at your own conclusions why they are here day in and day out, it doesn't take much to figure it out.

Indeed. My pop-psychology hypothesis is that the world of cryptotech attracts a certain breed of folks that achieve a certain amount ego-gratification by poking at prominent projects. Kinda like the loudmouth 13 year old insecure punk we all knew in grade school. Heck, some of us used to be that punk. And heck, some of these guys posting are probably 13! Some sure come across as such.

Anyway... Dash is doing good things. These gnats can continue to annoy in their attempt at inflated self-importance. While they continue to proclaim the "end is nigh" and hand out Jack Chick tracts, Dash will continue to improve and innovate.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Any cryptosystem that fails to verify its purpose in an objective and trustless way

Given that Dash *does* verify its purpose in an objective and trustless way then, I think you might have stumbled into the wrong thread. (As I said, might be something to do with your scrambled-egg like conflation of terms such as promissory note, trust, protocol articulation, obfuscation etc..etc...).

No worries. Help is at hand Wink

Meanwhile, here is a most excellent alternative perspective on masternode economics which contrast starkly with yours regarding the merits of the system  Grin

legendary
Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
That's what makes me laugh with all this trolling over the initial distribution, the fintech industry has been caught on the hop by crypto and is desperate to catch up, anyone that's shown they can innovate in crypto is sitting on a goldmine and could charge an absolute fortune just for consultancy. The guys that made openbazaar could make a fortune in a dozen different ways even if openbazaar gets left behind, just getting that to launch is better than any amount of qualifications on their CVs.

It's likely alts will have to get innovative with their economic models too, there's probably not much space for coins to be valued as commodities, maybe only enough room for Bitcoin so anything that doesn't have something better to offer than just a limited supply and stable emission rate could find its self left behind. That's what interests me with the "proof of labour" proposal, its a big change in the way money works and could be way ahead of emulating the gold standard, those kind of ideas could have the same kind of effect on money as Bitcoin has already.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
legendary
legendary

Hey. No-one's stopping you or anyone else doing it again.

The code's up there and clones already exist. They're just not worth a f*ck.  Cheesy

Kind of blows your assertions out just a little bit.

Are you drunk? I make a criticism that dash is fundamentally broken and you assert (I think) that I should clone it? Why would anyone clone a coin that they maintain is broken? Is this a new form of dash logic?

I think you have me confused with cryptohunter, who believes that dash should just be cloned and launched fairly without the taint of an instamine. I'm the one who is asserting that dash is fundamentally flawed because you can't trustlessly verify that it is nothing but an oligarchy. Again, the main problem isn't that dash was instamined (that only exasperates the problem), the main problem is layering functions on nodes and giving them fees, which is a two-fold problem as, through the power of compound interest, current node holders can continually buy more and more nodes, and adding onto the layer of functions that nodes perform creates a power and economic centralization that is essentially (you guessed it) an oligarchy--unless you've figured out a way to verify trustlessly that this can't happen, have you?
legendary

Hey. No-one's stopping you or anyone else doing it again.

The code's up there and clones already exist. They're just not worth a f*ck.  Cheesy

Kind of blows your assertions out just a little bit.
legendary

LOL, yeah, you offer an opportunity to sign up to be paid money (often to shill Dash as in Daily Decrypt, Michael Terpin, and Juan S. Galt; who else?) and you're surprised that people are all over it.

Are you trying to be incoherent or does it just come naturally ?

The project is huge. It isn't because of petty bribes, it's because it has ideas that are diverse and are working. The fact that people get paid for what they do was actually a long time objective that is now being achieved but it doesn't surprise me that you'd somehow twist that into another one of your propaganda spins.

And you say your interested in ethics ?  Roll Eyes

Look guys the game is up. The majority here  knows it was a scam. Dash will have to keep inventing and developing until such a time they create a time machine and then go back to 2013 and launch all over again. Until then all features are pointless and can not save dash.

This project can grow as large as it likes. It's foundations are based upon pure scam. That means it can topple at any time.
Never buy into or become involved with a scam however temping it may be. Lesson learned I hope guys. You'll be yoyo ing up and down from $2-$10 until eventually it either dies or evans is arrested and charged.

Why not look into other projects some are 0.0001 satoshi now. You have far better chance of making way more returns with a few new promising coins that are not scams.

Discuss your scams in the ann scam coin threads. The main board does not tolerate scams mentioned there without them clearly being labelled as the s word.

LOL, are you for real?  No you're not, obviously.  Dash is for real.  If you think people will listen to your tedious bullshit, I'm afraid you're quite wrong.

And your comment on Evan getting arrested, that's exactly the point.  Evan Duffield is out in the open, he doesn't hide from who he is, and is completely up and up as is almost every single person on the team, minus those who don't live in a free country (or at least as free as it gets) like Europe, Canada, Mexico, USA, etc.  Those choose to stay anonymous for their safety, and I can't blame them.  

So tell me again, who are the scammers on BitcoinTalk?  You guys are seriously lame.  This group of developers you see here in Dash are changing the world, and you guys will be eating our dust Cheesy  

So you can verify that the 2 million that were mined in 2 days weren't done so purposely? Sure you can.

The only way dash is changing the world is filling up BCT space with spam that ignores dash's scammine, ignores dash design flaws (such as X11, masternodes, darksend, governance model, ect.), and ignores the attempts of the dash hypesters to distract from these flaws with calls for everyone to trust Evan, because at the end of the day you didn't do the one thing you are supposed to do in crypto, which is build a system that works trustlessly.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

LOL, yeah, you offer an opportunity to sign up to be paid money (often to shill Dash as in Daily Decrypt, Michael Terpin, and Juan S. Galt; who else?) and you're surprised that people are all over it.

The project is huge. It isn't because of petty bribes, it's because it has ideas that are diverse and are working. The fact that people get paid for what they do was actually a long time objective that is now being achieved but it doesn't surprise me that you'd somehow twist that into another one of your propaganda spins.

And you say your interested in ethics ?  Roll Eyes

Look guys the game is up. The majority here  knows it was a scam. Dash will have to keep inventing and developing until such a time they create a time machine and then go back to 2013 and launch all over again. Until then all features are pointless and can not save dash.

This project can grow as large as it likes. It's foundations are based upon pure scam. That means it can topple at any time.
Never buy into or become involved with a scam however temping it may be. Lesson learned I hope guys. You'll be yoyo ing up and down from $2-$10 until eventually it either dies or evans is arrested and charged.

Why not look into other projects some are 0.0001 satoshi now. You have far better chance of making way more returns with a few new promising coins that are not scams.

Discuss your scams in the ann scam coin threads. The main board does not tolerate scams mentioned there without them clearly being labelled as the s word.

LOL, are you for real?  No you're not, obviously.  Dash is for real.  If you think people will listen to your tedious bullshit, I'm afraid you're quite wrong.

And your comment on Evan getting arrested, that's exactly the point.  Evan Duffield is out in the open, he doesn't hide from who he is, and is completely up and up as is almost every single person on the team, minus those who don't live in a free country (or at least as free as it gets) like Europe, Canada, Mexico, USA, etc.  Those choose to stay anonymous for their safety, and I can't blame them. 

So tell me again, who are the scammers on BitcoinTalk?  You guys are seriously lame.  This group of developers you see here in Dash are changing the world, and you guys will be eating our dust Cheesy 
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

The project is huge. It isn't because of petty bribes, it's because it has ideas that are diverse and are working. The fact that people get paid for the work they do was actually a long time objective that is now being achieved but it doesn't surprise me that you'd somehow twist that into another one of your propaganda spins.

I met Amanda in person, before she was sponsored from our blockchain and she was already a Dash fan.
Because of the inovation and all dev in this coin.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014
Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host
Good evening everyone.

I was especially entertained at the detractor's notions that we have no proof of anything. We have almost 20 pages of proof to back up our statements, where the detractors have not provided a single shred of evidence to prove their outrageous claims of the last two years.

We did make some progress today, with two newbie accounts coming out on the side of progress, optimism and decentralized technology. I appreciate you both voicing your views, hopefully you will not be the last. We also made progress with Busterzz, a podcast host who I consider a close personal friend, appearing here to promote his podcasts.

Do you like Amanda B. Johnson from The Daily Decrypt? Here is a great talk with her and the Dash Nation boys, I hope you enjoy:

https://www.rebelmouse.com/dashnation/dash-round-table-ep04-interview-with-daily-decrypt-amanda-b-johnson-1736214173.html

Once again, a huge thank you to the Dash Nation members appearing here and displaying the values that Dash represents.

To the patient readers of this thread, please don't be shy. We would love to hear from some more readers. Dash Nation is inclusive, professional and solely focused on creating the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

I invite you to join us.

We'll talk again tomorrow.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)
Don't forget everyone. Today myself, fernando and oaxaca will be interviewing Amanda B. Johnson, Host of The Daily Decrypt - We will be discussing a few things:
-DASH
-Libertarian ideas and her past activism
-The Free State Project
-How she came into cryptocurrencies
-Daily workflow/tools to keep up with so many projects
-Burr/Feinstein Proposed Anti Encryption Bill and more.

You can tune in LIVE in about 5 hours. A recording will be made available after the live show. I may be doing another give away during the show. You can tune in at the website link, http://dashroundtable.org/episodes/ep04/ - or you can tune in below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnckbAVvroI

Watching the recording now, youtube wouldn't load for the live one for some reason. Didn't realise you where up to 4 already, nice Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

And you say your interested in ethics ?  Roll Eyes

legendary

Not exactly I said I enjoy calling out bullshit.

Well here's someone who does it better than you  Wink
I'd trust any one of them a hundred times more than you Smooth, I don't see any of them hanging around some other coins thread spewing endless BS and FUD. See those guys in Toks third link? They're talking about a fundamental of economics, the creation and destruction of value within a community. That's something almost forgotten in todays screwed up economics and it's being implemented in Dash, WTF are you bringing to the table?

I would relax  Cool
Hi toknormal, ok I'll listen you  Smiley

... For example the two monetary researchers that wanted to use Dash as a basis for their Flow Money proposal flat out said it was the most advanced (monetarily) of all on offer. Max Keiser cited it as one of the 3 candidates for "the one" to 20 million viewers.

Who are this researchers? Do you have links? (Max Keiser too)
Thanks in advanced

I had to dig for it through the "General" sub-forum on dashtalk.org, but found it here:  https://dashtalk.org/threads/budget-proposal-proof-of-labour.8108/  Unfortunately, it didn't pass, so it's not viewable at Dashwhale, but luckily you can find the link to the Dashwhale proposal page through the above link Smiley

It's very unfortunate that this didn't pass.

Dash evolution will support their idea... it's just going to be done differently. Evan style.

https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Proof_of_Labour
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMpUFjkIPHlczZ2NkI4OUdBcFU/view?pref=2&pli=1
legendary

The project is huge. It isn't because of petty bribes, it's because it has ideas that are diverse and are working. The fact that people get paid for the work they do was actually a long time objective that is now being achieved but it doesn't surprise me that you'd somehow twist that into another one of your propaganda spins.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
now have a problem on their hands sifting through all the proposals

Pages:
Jump to: