Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread - page 20. (Read 41794 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
Global Bitcoin Nodes Distribution (Full Nodes & Normal Nodes)
https://bitnodes.21.co/

Dash Masternode Full Nodes
http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html
http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_locations_stats.html

Anyone know how many active normal nodes Dash has running to make this picture complete ?

edit : if anyone is wondering what that black dot in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean indicates .. i suspect its the location of Atlantis.   Grin

Wow, just wow!

I'm glad i managed to impress someone with this, someone none other then generalizethis .. Wow, just wow.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Anyone know how many active normal nodes Dash has running to make this picture complete ?

Wow, just wow! So you don't really understand that A: Bitcoin doesn't aggregate coins through nodes like dash (which is the problem), 2. That where the node is located is of little importance, what's important is who controls/owns the node?

The point, again,

My contention is that Dash doesn't work as a trustless system

Thats because you don't understand "trust".

You've got some ludicrous made up nonsense that associates individuals with nodes. The protocol logic (A) isn't run by individuals and (b) is decentralised (as in can be reproduced as many times as there are nodes).

"Trusted parties" are those that issue promisary notes in place of bearer tokens.

Keep tryin to fling that word around though in the vain attempt that it'll stick. It'll only stick with anyone as clueless as the idiots that come up with this garbage. (Bit like cryptohunter above trying to fling the s-word as many times as he can in the hope that that'll stick).

I associate those who plunk down 1000 dash to collect fees from those nodes to individuals, where this becomes a problem is that you cannot trustlessly verify that these individuals aren't using their collected fees to buy more nodes thus aggregating more control over voting and whatever other functions are tethered to nodes.

Nodes hold the power in the dash scheme and coins buy that power, which means if coins are aggregated through nodes, that power can continually grow in the hands of a few oligarchs.

But nice, non-applicable graphic to wow noobs and those who realize how absurd the insinuation is that qwizzie and other dash hypsters are trying to make.

legendary

Anyone knows how many normal active nodes Dash has running to make this picture complete ?

edit : if anyone is wondering what that black dot in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean indicates .. i suspect its the location of Atlantis.  Grin
legendary

You've got some ludicrous made up nonsense that associates individuals with nodes. The protocol logic (A) isn't run by individuals and (b) is decentralised (as in can be reproduced as many times as there are nodes).

"Trusted parties" are those that issue promisary notes in place of bearer tokens.

Keep tryin to fling that word around though in the vain attempt that it'll stick. It'll only stick with anyone as clueless as the idiots that come up with this garbage. (Bit like cryptohunter above trying to fling the s-word as many times as he can in the hope that that'll stick).

I associate those who plunk down 1000 dash to collect fees from those nodes to individuals, where this becomes a problem is that you cannot trustlessly verify that these individuals aren't using their collected fees to buy more nodes thus aggregating more control over voting and whatever other functions are tethered to nodes.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

"Trusted parties" on the other hand are those that issue promisary notes in place of bearer tokens.

legendary

abuse

Hey Tokky, any comments?

I think you've got a problem deciding whether your an ideological crusader for libertarian fair values or a drunk football supporter that just stumbled out of a bar after their team lost.

Wake me up when your sort your story out.

That's about what I expected. More diversion away from the obvious flaw in your main argument.

My contention is that Dash doesn't work as a trustless system, therefore it is useless as a cryptosystem--well useless in a world that already has trillions of dollars and hundreds of years invested in trust based systems.

It's that simple.
legendary

abuse

Hey Tokky, any comments?

I think you've a problem deciding whether your an ideological crusader for libertarian fair values or a drunk football supporter that just stumbled out of a bar after their team lost.

Wake me up when your sort your story out.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I was there at the VERY start I watched it unfold in real time. There is nothing anyone can do to convince me that what i witnessed in real time did not happen. There was no mistake, there was no accident.

No one is trying to convice a fool.
Here is a different opinion

I was actually there the second that XCoin(Darkcoin/Dash) was launched (the thread with 0 reads popped up before my eyes) and never even once had the impression it was being launched in a fraudulent manner. The Dash folks have developed a lot of interesting stuff since then and seem to continue to do so Cool

...no matter the innovation, or evans efforts now it deserves to be held back hard because of that FACT. If it can grow from here I would be shocked. It is not a bad coin from a tech standpoint but it is a coin that will be held back forever due to the bad decisions and actions at the start.

That "held back" is funny as hell. Look at what happens to many crypto projects, compare them to Dash and tell me what you see.
And tell me where Dash would be if its back wasn't held. You can say in market valuation, adoption or whatever criteria you assume would fit.
It grows since 2 years and it's going better than ever and much better than other projects.
You look shocked now btw.

A fool? is that all you have? are all the other people that vote dash is a scam based upon the black and white evidence that it is a scam...are they all fools too? only you and the dashers are not fools?

I think it was around 7-10  bucks when i first broke this scam to the main board. So I see no major rise in my dash tokens value since then. Perhaps I should have cashed out before mentioning it?

I see masternodes shoring up its value for now. I don't see that lasting.

Let's revisit in another 2 years and see then. To me it does not matter at all.

To be honest dash was out early with some new tech, it has constant development and could have exceeded litecoin if it had not been hampered by being a scam. That is my opinion.

Again these diversionary questions are irrelevant to the fact dash was and remains a scam coin.

If I think it was held back and you do not that is merely opinion. The fact is was a scam is established fact. This is where the problem lies for dash. If you think that the dash scam being know and accepted as such to most is an advantage and hasn't held it back then that's fine I can't try and fix what nature has withheld. You must try only to take small steps when working through a logical process. Don't miss or jump steps else that's when trouble starts. Try thinking out aloud and explain how the dash scam being know and accepted as a scam has not held dash back at all.

Side tracking, diversions, swearing, cursing, shouting, claiming others are butthurt, jealous, cry babies, repeating non sense, accusing other coins of being scams, pointing out some innovation etc etc etc .... does nothing to change the fact dash is a scam coin.

When you realise that you can not convince the majority that black is in fact white....then you can all creep back to the dash thread and remain there in peace. Telling each other how lucky you all are to be part of dash nation and how everyone else is just butthurt and foolish for not wanting to be a part of it. Meanwhile the majority of the board will focus their efforts on non-scammy projects.

legendary

If you still choose to invest then that's your call.

Really ! ?  I'd never have guessed  Wink

it deserves to be held back hard because of that

Says who ? I think it deserves to see whatever success its utility warrants.

So that makes it a kind of hung parliament. May the most popular view win. I suppose you'll just have to hope there are enough green-eyed zeolots around to make your predictions a self-fullfilling prophecy.

Hey Tokky, any comments? Or is it gonna be like the instamine, ignore it until you have to begrudgingly accept/spin it?

All of Tok's explanations on why the coins are well distributed depend on you trusting that no bad actors did things to further aggregate their control by manipulation--the problem is, Tok (you ignorant bastard) is that these system are supposed to be built so you don't have to trust anyone--least of all a gang of instaminers. Until you can prove that the system can work trustlessly and not reward a few hoarders sitting on a pile of coins, your coin cannot be verifiably decentralized and is nothing more than an (you guessed it) oligarchy.

It's like all these dashtards missed the trustless meeting, for fuck's sake, who needs any system that requires you to trust anyone, we already have credit card companies for that and I'm sure their systems will be just as "innovative" as the centrapoclyspe that Evan and his merry band of instaminers have built.

legendary

If you still choose to invest then that's your call.

Really ! ?  I'd never have guessed  Wink

it deserves to be held back hard because of that

Says who ? I think it deserves to see whatever success its utility warrants.

So that makes it a kind of hung parliament. May the most popular view win. I suppose you'll just have to hope there are enough green-eyed zeolots around to make your predictions a self-fullfilling prophecy.
Activity: 615
Merit: 501
I was there at the VERY start I watched it unfold in real time. There is nothing anyone can do to convince me that what i witnessed in real time did not happen. There was no mistake, there was no accident.

No one is trying to convice a fool.
Here is a different opinion

I was actually there the second that XCoin(Darkcoin/Dash) was launched (the thread with 0 reads popped up before my eyes) and never even once had the impression it was being launched in a fraudulent manner. The Dash folks have developed a lot of interesting stuff since then and seem to continue to do so Cool

...no matter the innovation, or evans efforts now it deserves to be held back hard because of that FACT. If it can grow from here I would be shocked. It is not a bad coin from a tech standpoint but it is a coin that will be held back forever due to the bad decisions and actions at the start.

That "held back" is funny as hell. Look at what happens to many crypto projects, compare them to Dash and tell me what you see.
And tell me where Dash would be if its back wasn't held. You can say in market valuation, adoption or whatever criteria you assume would fit.
It grows since 2 years and it's going better than ever and much better than other projects.
You look shocked now btw.
legendary
Insane jump upwards in just a few hours from 3667 to 3720  Shocked
Again we have a new ATH !!

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012
I didn't read your post. I know from previous posts you do not accept any wrong doing by xcoin or darkcoin.

On the contrary, there's absolutely nobody on this forum I trust without question, not Tao, not Evan and certainly not you and your trollero cronies, practically the entire Dash community has earned my respect while you and your group have proven time and again you're sociopaths entirely focused on your own greed.

Nearly 2 years ago I took a look at Dash, liked the looks of what I saw and decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and in those 2 years absolutely nothing has made me question that choice. I won't say everything has been perfect, Dash has a vast and varied community and the views of some run completely contrary to my own but when even the most extreme of those views have been taken on board and built upon it's been an improvement to Dash as a whole. I might not be in favour of those choices but many others do and the implementation has always been to the gain of those that want them with no loss to those that don't and that's exactly how digital cash has to work, all inclusive.
Cryptohunter: Dash is expensive for me thus scam. Evan is great and should start a new coin, so I could buy cheap.
Evan: fucking lol

For more information about Dash check http://www.dash.org and http://www.dashtalk.org
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

leave it for a few months and see the results.

You've had 2 years mate.

What do you mean?
legendary

leave it for a few months and see the results.

You've had 2 years mate.
legendary
damn .. freedom nodes, why didnt we think about that ? I wonder if we can still change it.....  Undecided
The chances of rational discussion with these spammers trying to take over the thread are limited so here's an infographic on Dashes Evolution framework. I know they love this one, they get even more enthusiastic with their posts every time they see it Wink

There are dash clones. Some will eventually branch off and create things that dash does not have.

The only person worth anything from the dash team is evans. He will eventually realise his scheme will be seen as a scam. He will either leave and start a new project that is not based upon a scam else he will leave to spend some time in prison.

it gets larger and the authorities will take note of all the scam evidence there in black and white. It's shocking evans and co are not already facing charges.

ANYONE investing in Dash at this point is crazy.

If you love the idea of masternodes and all their other gimmicks then find a clone for 100th of the price and get behind that. The profits there are huge compared to what you will ever get from dash at this point.

Evans should retire from dash, take his "team" and start a new project.

Holy man  Shocked
I coudn't believe that there is actually someone in the world who could write such a post.

Look what's happening in Dash project at https://dashtalk.org or https://dash.org
Pages:
Jump to: