Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralized Army - page 2. (Read 3450 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 28, 2015, 04:13:38 PM
Hows about a decentralized army which instead of regular armies could protect their baker using the Darkleaks back-end code (www.darkleaks.com)?

People would pledge a small amount of bitcoin to claim a protection for an irregular army. This would ampute more power from governments who are illegitimate imao.

What do you think? Discuss.

How about getting rid of all laws that infringe on our right to own guns and ammo, an carry it/them any way we want at any time.

Better yet, require the carrying of a minimum of a .357 Magnum when off our residence.

We don't need any army to protect us. With training, we are our army, just the same as it always has been and always will be.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
March 27, 2015, 10:23:46 PM
Actually many "antigun nuts" are found to not be defenseless, and have guns or gun-wielding bodyguards to defend themselves (against non-existent threats, because their enemies are law-abiding gun owners who by definition will not harm them in any way, and their allies are violent criminals who will not knowingly kill their golden geese). It makes sense to disarm people before you democide them, or commit other violent crimes against them, though.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
March 27, 2015, 09:25:20 PM
We have this in the USA, it is called the militia. Unfortunately the government does not like competition in their monopoly on the use of force, so it has been systematically attacked, dismantled, and cast as being made up of batshit rightwing terrorists.

I think most of this militia is dangerous in fact. Normal people feeling the power to rule often lead to problems. You ever heard of stanford-prison-experiment? I wouldnt like having a militia in my neighbourhood because i know that all the shit of mankind would go into it. Wearing weapons and feel mighty.

Of course there are good people building militias too. Only those things often go wrong.

And then there are those racist militias. I guess it doesnt need explaination why such people shouldnt be allowed to legally build a military power. They would only be there for some people and what happens with the rest is open. Maybe those have to create their own militia then...    Roll Eyes Grin

First of all, are you even in the US? Do your lords and masters even let lowly subjects such as yourself you own a firearm where you live? Do you fear the coast guard? Because that was designed in a very similar way to the independent militia system, only the governor of each state controls them.

The militias are NOT dangerous, this perception is 100% comprised of media lies any hype. The vast majority of militias are composed of former military and police officers (ie patriotic law abiding citizens). If you are so terrified of militias, why aren't you afraid of the coast guard, or the army, or police for that matter? Militias in the US have never tried to take control. Their only purpose is to serve as an independent armed force to preserve the constitution of the USA. Never have they tried to subvert the government despite the news media jizz you chug down like koolaid.

"normal people feeling the power to rule"? First of all militias aren't for anything except rule of law. Second, you really believe normal people are more dangerous than the psychopaths currently in charge, and you feel safer with them continuing to run things? You are pretty mental. Have you ever heard of Stockholm syndrome? You are right about one thing, the militia are only there to help some people, and that is the people within their own state. There is nothing wrong with that, because that is their duty to protect the law of the land of the state they are based in. Further more, the USA, is SUPPOSED to be run by "normal people", not queens and lords like I am sure are in charge where you live.

You "know all the shit of mankind would go to it". How exactly have you come to this conclusion? Was it from talking with actual militia members or hearing their arguments, or was it because the glowing idiot box told you so? What evidence do you actually have that militias are racist?

"I guess it doesnt need explaination why such people shouldnt be allowed to legally build a military power."
It does not need explaining why? Because you declare it so? If you are going to make an argument usually that requires you back up your points, not just declare them obvious fact for everyone (because it is not).

As far as your Stanford prison experiment example, please explain to me what effect exactly that has on militias that it doesn't have on police, military, coast guard, TSA, DHS, FBI, ATF, etc, or any other government controlled use of force that you are so willing to put your faith in? This argument is moot because it equally applies to any other use of force you feel may be more appropriate.

It is very clear to me that you either:
A. Don't reside in the US (probably in some western European slum that likes to pretend they are better than the rest of the world)
B. A fervent antigun nut (because if you decide to be defenseless, everyone else should be too)
C. Or both

Here is an interview with some actual militia leaders so you can see what bloodthirsty dictatorial racists they are for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky49ltgeXRU
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
March 27, 2015, 06:21:48 PM
So, with this 'decentralized army' on rich people would be able to defend themselves...

"Rich people" currently control all armies and private security firms and they are very efficient at killing people and extremely corrupt as well.

I am actively distributing arms for the poorest and most needy of humans on the earth. The organization I volunteer towards is called "Arm the homeless" and here is some press we received a few years ago:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-04-01/news/give-piece-a-chance/

Let's work together to make sure all people are secure and armed and start with those that need it the most!

L
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 27, 2015, 06:11:47 PM
So, with this 'decentralized army' on rich people would be able to defend themselves...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:59:06 PM
We have this in the USA, it is called the militia. Unfortunately the government does not like competition in their monopoly on the use of force, so it has been systematically attacked, dismantled, and cast as being made up of batshit rightwing terrorists.

I think most of this militia is dangerous in fact. Normal people feeling the power to rule often lead to problems. You ever heard of stanford-prison-experiment? I wouldnt like having a militia in my neighbourhood because i know that all the shit of mankind would go into it. Wearing weapons and feel mighty.

Of course there are good people building militias too. Only those things often go wrong.

And then there are those racist militias. I guess it doesnt need explaination why such people shouldnt be allowed to legally build a military power. They would only be there for some people and what happens with the rest is open. Maybe those have to create their own militia then...    Roll Eyes Grin
legendary
March 27, 2015, 05:54:26 PM
but wait, if a country was an army like switzerland, how would they be able to carry out the functions of an army? things like setting up bases around the world, fighting off bad things like communism and holy wars, making profitable alliances overseas, etc.

Switzerland has more democracy than most countries, the citizens actually can decide whats going on in the country. Not loved by other governments of course since they want to lead the way their lobbyist companians want. Since they want the nice income job right after ending the political career.

The thing is... citizens mostly know how shitty war is. So they wont decide to send out their own sons to capture some oil in foreign countries. And so far it works fine for switzerland. They can defend themselfes since the citizens have to learn being a soldier at one time in their life.

So far i like this system.

I always wondered how they managed to stay neutral during all the world wars. I thought it was because all the other countries needed some safe banks to stash their money in. I didn't know the citizens got to vote on going to war.

Im not sure if the citizens decided about going to war directly in the last years since no politician would come up with the idea. But if politicians would try to do such thing then citizens can build a referendum and stop them. When i think about our politicians (im not swiss) then i know why they fear this system.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
March 27, 2015, 03:52:37 PM
Activity: 154
March 27, 2015, 03:31:02 PM
There already is. A lot of them choose to mine on gnash, and between all of them they control 100% of the network.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
March 27, 2015, 12:35:03 PM
but wait, if a country was an army like switzerland, how would they be able to carry out the functions of an army? things like setting up bases around the world, fighting off bad things like communism and holy wars, making profitable alliances overseas, etc.

Switzerland has more democracy than most countries, the citizens actually can decide whats going on in the country. Not loved by other governments of course since they want to lead the way their lobbyist companians want. Since they want the nice income job right after ending the political career.

The thing is... citizens mostly know how shitty war is. So they wont decide to send out their own sons to capture some oil in foreign countries. And so far it works fine for switzerland. They can defend themselfes since the citizens have to learn being a soldier at one time in their life.

I always wondered how they managed to stay neutral during all the world wars. I thought it was because all the other countries needed some safe banks to stash their money in. I didn't know the citizens got to vote on going to war.
legendary
March 27, 2015, 09:01:06 AM

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
March 25, 2015, 10:59:18 PM
omg. so ppl who hoard btc at three digit prices will be able to command fuckin' armies! we can even command robot armies

Only Emperor Satoshi gets to command large armies, also make sure you get inside before curfew, or Mark and the GoxBots will use you for target practice.
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
March 25, 2015, 10:44:11 PM
With a currency that gives you the possibility to pay someone easily and anonymously, then a Decentralized Army are mostly crowdfunded traitors on the opposite attacking side Wink
When an Army is invading another place the motivation is mostly money and not ideals. So you can buy them, or some of them.
Activity: 210
March 25, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
OP is proposing a network of mercenaries who accepts bitcoin as payment. I think mercs prefer hard cash.

how the hell would you know what they prefer? 😭 Huh
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
March 25, 2015, 10:15:35 PM
Dont we have enough security companies that do pretty much that what ure suggesting?
If you are thinking about a real army that is not possible afaik, because military equipement can mostly only be in possesion of government selected branch,
but i guess that depends on where u live. The whole thing seams pretty unwanted to me, i mean if u need security, hire a security company , anything else is an overkill.

cheers
March 25, 2015, 08:28:32 PM
Funding gangs of mercenaries is a bad idea and will leave us less secure. We need to encourage people to defend themselves and their families and become self reliant and educated rather than delegating their security to gangs who will take it away from them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
March 25, 2015, 06:38:10 PM
Mercenaries, warlord? No thanks.

Militia is what we need, like in Switzerland. Switzerland does not have an army, it is an army.

This way the government cannot use the army to fight the population.  Smiley

I agree no mercenaries are needed these guys can't be trusted and only call upon them when really needed but hopefully never and definitely not from Darkleaks lol.

The people of the country should be police army an government made up from themselves not who the government choose it to be made up by 'This is as close to decentralized army'.

The world is in a sorry state because we as the people of the planet has let it happen, they are a minority we are the majority and still we let them, we need to learn to protect ourselves and each other and not rely on anybody...
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
March 25, 2015, 06:06:39 PM
Something like this would surely not sit well with the CIA/ US govt...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
March 25, 2015, 06:05:56 PM
Dont worry P2P soldiers are on the way
Pages:
Jump to: