Pages:
Author

Topic: DeFi Projects - page 14. (Read 3718 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
June 25, 2020, 01:32:56 PM
Assets locked in DeFi (decentralized finance) have dropped more than USD 142 million in a few hours as DeFi platform bZx suffered yet another attack

They should do something about there weak security, if this is going to be the next big thing in crypto then they should not be this clumsy with security which should be at the top priority, according to the article, this is not the first time Defi platform is vulnerable to hackers, I don't suppose they will earn the trust of investors with this kind of attacks.

https://cryptonews.com/news/defi-loses-usd-140m-in-a-few-hours-as-bzx-suffers-another-ex-5810.htm
This happened 4 months ago. The developers have long made the right conclusions.
It is impossible to make an ideal decentralized system in a short time. Much more money was stolen from cryptocurrency exchanges, and nevertheless we use them
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
June 25, 2020, 11:01:37 AM
Assets locked in DeFi (decentralized finance) have dropped more than USD 142 million in a few hours as DeFi platform bZx suffered yet another attack

They should do something about there weak security, if this is going to be the next big thing in crypto then they should not be this clumsy with security which should be at the top priority, according to the article, this is not the first time Defi platform is vulnerable to hackers, I don't suppose they will earn the trust of investors with this kind of attacks.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 25, 2020, 10:54:19 AM
I'll start with an ICO I've recently invested in called Bidao. BiDao is a new blockchain system that creates a trustless stablecoin and a new decentralized financial tool that allows leveraged trading in a trustless setup. In the beginning, BiDao will be completely integrated with the Binance Blockchain and BNB will be used as the collateral. In the future other Blockchains will also be integrated into the BiDao ecosystem.

They are founded by Bastian Aigner who is young guy with a solid tech background and strong education. He reminds me a bit of Vitalik, some people are so smart it's like they are operating on a different level to everyone else and he is like that.
I am not ready to believe into some altcoins nor tokens just for the reason of categorized as decentralized financial projects. The project you have mentioned sound like another stablecoin with BNB as back up and on BNB blockchain. Then how it will ensure trusless environment, already the smart contract is being owned by one dev or group of people? These defi are something fancy terms to lure investors and nothing more in my eyes.

By 2015, people like you were too excited about colored coins which is running on top of existing blockchains and then they were all gone when ICO hype enters this space. Then people started showing on running masternode when ICO turned as heaven of scammers. Masternode's era ended by IEOs and within IEO, some devs are trying tp create hype in the name of defi, STO and with many other cosmetic coated terms.

Everything will come and go and if you are lucky and ready to take risk then you may get chances to crack some profits in between times. Do not expect them to transform your entire life.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
June 25, 2020, 08:57:08 AM
Have you heard that Beam is going to hard fork the network and create a new feature that will allow creating Defi on this anonymous blockchain solution? For the first time in history, we would have really anonymous decentralized finances?  Wink
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
June 25, 2020, 08:48:42 AM
I am really interested in Makerdao, since I recently found out about this project i watched a lot of Youtube videos to get more information about DAO projcets. Antoher upoming Defi projecct is from a former member of the founder team of TenX
Activity: 1484
Merit: 297
https://duelbits.com/
June 25, 2020, 08:33:13 AM
For now indeed a Compound DeFi project is very promising and I do not expect to bounce in when other projects are in turmoil, and we hope there are no scamer who want to ruin the quality of DeFi project because we can see every good project Scamer always want to take chances to cheat investors and this is very concerned and we hope this does not happen in the project DeFi.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
June 25, 2020, 08:18:26 AM
DeFi is a new trend in crypto but it is risky for newbies who are greedy enough to fall in scam Defi projects but don't have enough knowledge and mental control to minimize their losses.

Overview on DeFi - a new hot trend in crypto
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
June 25, 2020, 08:12:28 AM
If you're interested in DEFI, start at this site:
https://defimarketcap.io/
This is an analogue of coinmarketcap with all the necessary links to projects.

Thanks for sharing this site.

I read with interest all the comments by different users related to potential of DeFi (or the lack of it). There is no doubt, DeFi is an interesting space and moreover there is lot of hype around it now-a-days. Sometimes this hype is necessary to pull up any space. Weather it leads to bull run in the entire crypto space because of it, is an entirely different subject but I personally do not believe it will happen. Things have become vastly different then from late 2017 and investor have become intelligent after losing money during that time. Do your research, chose the right projects and it should give you good returns. When there is hype around a certain space like in DeFi currently, then if prices starts rising up, tokens in that space where the hype is, tend to give good returns. During those time, even if there is nothing fundamentally good in a project, what is the harm in making some money. As they say - go with the flow...

I will recommend 1 resource to you
https://thedefiant.substack.com/
A free version is enough for familiarization.
But I recommend that you be very careful when using smart contracts, because there will be no one to complain to.
Better to invest in tokens of promising projects
Activity: 490
Merit: 19
June 25, 2020, 06:49:17 AM
It's really impressive how DeFi projects have huge volumes and market caps, it shows that big investors have interest in decentralized Finance more than other crypto currencies, no wonder MakerDAO has that huge value
Activity: 39
Merit: 12
June 25, 2020, 06:04:02 AM

Thanks for sharing this site.

I read with interest all the comments by different users related to potential of DeFi (or the lack of it). There is no doubt, DeFi is an interesting space and moreover there is lot of hype around it now-a-days. Sometimes this hype is necessary to pull up any space. Weather it leads to bull run in the entire crypto space because of it, is an entirely different subject but I personally do not believe it will happen. Things have become vastly different then from late 2017 and investor have become intelligent after losing money during that time. Do your research, chose the right projects and it should give you good returns. When there is hype around a certain space like in DeFi currently, then if prices starts rising up, tokens in that space where the hype is, tend to give good returns. During those time, even if there is nothing fundamentally good in a project, what is the harm in making some money. As they say - go with the flow...
Activity: 574
Merit: 24
June 25, 2020, 05:54:09 AM
I genuinely believe that DeFi projects can start the new bullrun this year if more interest are build around DeFi projects more than now, it's like how ICO started it's hype in 2017
Activity: 1554
Merit: 250
Making Smart Money Work
June 25, 2020, 05:46:08 AM
Maybe in a few months there will be Defi running on Stellar network or others. there are many people who talk about DeFi. Who knows, this is the year of the DeFi project
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 14
June 25, 2020, 05:31:46 AM
Well it is true that Defi is making waves and the one that got my attention is Compound which was massive, also heard news they are listing on another exchange, don't know how true it is. The thing I can grab from the recent growth associated with Defi projects is that, the idea and hype within Defi is still fresh and as such it won't take time for scammers to start coming up with their own so as to steal from investors. Therefore my humble opinion is, no matter the type of projects hiding under the umbrella of Defi, let's endeavour to research on them appropriately where there are good ones, bad ones will still one day surface.
Activity: 574
Merit: 18
Making Smart Money Work
June 25, 2020, 05:00:53 AM
A lot of people are predicting that the DeFi space will be the catalyst of the next bull run, projects like Maker and Compound have been hugely successful recently and many DeFi projects have performed brilliantly in the bear market.

Name the projects you're excited about in the DeFi space and why you think they will be big..

I'll start with an ICO I've recently invested in called Bidao. BiDao is a new blockchain system that creates a trustless stablecoin and a new decentralized financial tool that allows leveraged trading in a trustless setup. In the beginning, BiDao will be completely integrated with the Binance Blockchain and BNB will be used as the collateral. In the future other Blockchains will also be integrated into the BiDao ecosystem.

They are founded by Bastian Aigner who is young guy with a solid tech background and strong education. He reminds me a bit of Vitalik, some people are so smart it's like they are operating on a different level to everyone else and he is like that.
The project I'm presently excited about is oikos project, this is my first DeFi project in 2020, the token price is already increasing, the project is running on Tron network and now it costs 2.5 Tron per one OKS token, I believe that DeFi projects will break some records and this is just the beginning
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
June 25, 2020, 04:48:25 AM

Cool. Thanks. I have no idea there is so much of it. The website didn't list which platform these Defi companies were standing on whether they are in ETH or to others.
There is one on TRON network which is the DJED I'm not however very knowledgeable about the project but there was a time when Justin Sun mentioned the project. The only that we see in TRON today is the Oikos Cash.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
June 25, 2020, 04:35:30 AM
It's possible that DeFi can open door to the next big bullrun and that depends on investors, I believe demand percentage must rise to a certain point before bullrun can happen, big money needs to be invested in crypto for bull run to start
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
June 25, 2020, 04:21:53 AM
The crypto industry has overwhelmed again with the hype that created by those so-called Defi or Decentralized Finance crazed, I think it has no difference at all because it was, all the same, its cryptocurrency that promotes a decentralized finance option, marketplace, etc. so what was the difference all of that function such as lending, financing, etc have already existed in the market offered by several crypto platforms so why it needs for rebranding I'm still doubting about it. and still exploring about Defi.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
June 25, 2020, 03:23:50 AM
A lot of people are predicting that the DeFi space will be the catalyst of the next bull run, projects like Maker and Compound have been hugely successful recently and many DeFi projects have performed brilliantly in the bear market.

Name the projects you're excited about in the DeFi space and why you think they will be big..

I too think that DeFi is going be the catalyst for the next mega bull run on crypto market 'coz ever since COMP price jump there's huge FOMO around DeFi projects IMO.

DeFi will be one of bull run influencers, if we see bull run, it will not be the only one, but DeFi projects could see better growth than other projects, of course we can not expect that all DeFi projects will going to rise, good ones should be expected, COMP is a good example for that
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
June 25, 2020, 03:02:01 AM

I too think that DeFi is going be the catalyst for the next mega bull run on crypto market 'coz ever since COMP price jump there's huge FOMO around DeFi projects IMO.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
June 25, 2020, 02:59:39 AM
If you miss the JUST Defi project, you can look at Oikos Defi. It is another Defi project built on Tron network. Among the main features, we can mention that the platform focus on synthetic assets, these assets are 750% collateralized to prevent the disaster in a fluctuating market.
Do not overestimate this project, they have gradually lost their reputation as they continuously extended the bounty time. Most projects like that fail in the future so be careful when investing in it
Oikos bounty campaign issue have been resolved by the team member already, the fact is the bounty manager don't know how things works in crypto haven, right now they have decide to distribute the first round to bounty participants before starting a second round.

thats good and thats the best thing they must do before they proceed on thier other plans so that people wont complain about them and damage thier reputation more badly  . why whats the issue all about and why the bounty manager cant resolved it  ?  how can he call him self a bounty manager and how can he got hired if he dont know how stuffs work on cryptos   ? is he deperate enough to earn money  . also its the team fault because they dont research the background of this manager   .
Pages:
Jump to: