Pages:
Author

Topic: DeFi: yield farming with Obyte. - page 2. (Read 747 times)

Activity: 563
Merit: 103
October 06, 2020, 12:19:45 PM

* mark "Set token1 amount to minimize fees" checked

I would not check this unless you are a kind of Obyte whale. Yeah, the fee will go down but the total payment  do opposite. It will go noticeably up because GRD is too expensive. 1GRD ~ $34355 right now. Better to pay the fractions of cent for the fee when you only intention is to buy interest tokens like IUSD, IBIT and IAU.

You can redeem the governance tokens any time and get the GBYTE back, but if you pay the fees then you don't get them at all and you get less interest tokens as well because you are spending your GBYTE on fees. If you are only interested of interest tokens then you should use https://ostable.org/buy page because this will buffer the purchases and will not let you go over 1% in fees.

User may simply lack the fund  to pay for GRD when he buying interest tokens. I think the lose of a few cents for fee is not a problem. Just an example if you buy 10 IUSD right now and do not check that box you need to pay ~0.457 Gbyte but if you check it than the sum will be as much 0.91 Gbyte.

Yeah, 10 IUSD is very small amount, which doesn't move the price for IUSD (it effects those coins more that doesn't have so much reserve yet), but like I said, if you are only interested in interest coins then Buy page is more suitable for that https://ostable.org/buy (it accepts GBYTE and other cryptocurrencies too + it doesn't let you accidentally pay too much on fees because it uses buffer).
Buy page even more recommended when you currently buy more than 1000 IUSD because that would mean already 1% of fees, which is already 10 IUSD worth.

If you have "Set token1 amount to minimize fees" checked then you pay double, but you also receive double value too, which you  can later sell for profit.
Activity: 491
Merit: 1259
Nil inultum remanebit
October 06, 2020, 08:42:45 AM

I would not check this unless you are a kind of Obyte whale. Yeah, the fee will go down but the total payment  do opposite. It will go noticeably up because GRD is too expensive. 1GRD ~ $34355 right now. Better to pay the fractions of cent for the fee when you only intention is to buy interest tokens like IUSD, IBIT and IAU.

You can redeem the governance tokens any time and get the GBYTE back, but if you pay the fees then you don't get them at all and you get less interest tokens as well because you are spending your GBYTE on fees. If you are only interested of interest tokens then you should use https://ostable.org/buy page because this will buffer the purchases and will not let you go over 1% in fees.

User may simply lack the fund  to pay for GRD when he buying interest tokens. I think the lose of a few cents for fee is not a problem. Just an example if you buy 10 IUSD right now and do not check that box you need to pay ~0.457 Gbyte but if you check it than the sum will be as much 0.91 Gbyte.
October 06, 2020, 07:26:04 AM

Nil inultum remanebit
October 06, 2020, 03:08:33 AM

September 28, 2020, 04:57:59 AM

You could try to send Bytes to the address that deposited the interest token and then try again, but you will then have to do it forever,

Before opening deposit I have sent IUSD to address that  holds almost all my Bytes and then deposited. So I see this issue  as a kind of flaw. creating new single wallet, closing and opening deposit again is  too much mess for me right now,  probably do it  next time.

Yes, it's bug and will be fixed for new users who will not have that same problem once the bug is fix. Those who already used multi-address, they need to move to different wallet themselves.

If you have multi-address wallet then you don't have one address that holds all the funds, it generates new change (return) address one every transaction.
So, this means, that when you deposited, you might have had one address and after that totally different address.

Click on Gear icon, then Advanced, then Wallet Information and you will see where each of your assets are in that wallet.
Nil inultum remanebit
September 28, 2020, 03:37:06 AM

You could try to send Bytes to the address that deposited the interest token and then try again, but you will then have to do it forever,

Before opening deposit I have sent IUSD to address that  holds almost all my Bytes and then deposited. So I see this issue  as a kind of flaw. creating new single wallet, closing and opening deposit again is  too much mess for me right now,  probably do it  next time.
September 28, 2020, 03:01:00 AM
~
I am one from team.

Wow, nice to meet you here. Please, help me to understand. I have added protection to my deposit twice but those action seems failed as  nothing happened  in my "Protection (ratio)", it still shows zero, and besides, the sum sent to protect deposit has returned back (, less the amount taken by AA) to my wallet.

Before you clicked Send, it should be trying to predict what would be the outcome of the transaction, what out for the reason for bounce.
Also, you should be able to see from History, what was the bounce reason of your previous transaction (the one that sent the protection, not the one that came back).
I am guessing it might be because you are not using single-address wallet and it bounces the amount comes from other address?

yeah, wallet is not a single-address one. As I recollect the reason for bouncing back  was something like "address doesn't match deposit" ( don't remember exact wording). How can I work around that?

You could try to send Bytes to the address that deposited the interest token and then try again, but you will then have to do it forever, so what makes most sense is that you:
* Open Menu and click Add Wallet (Create a new wallet) and make sure you have the "single address wallet" checked.
* You could also do single-address 1of2 multi-device wallet, so you could use it from mobile and desktop (optional, but very nice feature).
* Then wait when 12 hours has passed since you opened the deposit and close your deposit (you might have to use the same trick that you send some Bytes to the address that did the deposit in the first place).
* Once you have got your interest token back, transfer it to that new single-address wallet and open the deposit from there (you need to add the new wallet address to top-right corner).
Nil inultum remanebit
September 28, 2020, 02:49:44 AM
~
I am one from team.

Wow, nice to meet you here. Please, help me to understand. I have added protection to my deposit twice but those action seems failed as  nothing happened  in my "Protection (ratio)", it still shows zero, and besides, the sum sent to protect deposit has returned back (, less the amount taken by AA) to my wallet.

Before you clicked Send, it should be trying to predict what would be the outcome of the transaction, what out for the reason for bounce.
Also, you should be able to see from History, what was the bounce reason of your previous transaction (the one that sent the protection, not the one that came back).
I am guessing it might be because you are not using single-address wallet and it bounces the amount comes from other address?

yeah, wallet is not a single-address one. As I recollect the reason for bouncing back  was something like "address doesn't match deposit" ( don't remember exact wording). How can I work around that?
September 28, 2020, 02:42:26 AM
~
I am one from team.

Nil inultum remanebit
September 28, 2020, 02:34:22 AM
~
I am one from team.

Wow, nice to meet you here. Please, help me to understand. After opening deposit  I have added protection  twice but those action seems failed as  nothing happened  in my "Protection (ratio)", it still shows zero, and besides, the sum sent to protect deposit has returned back (, less the amount taken by AA) to my wallet.
September 28, 2020, 12:07:45 AM
wrote an easy step-by-step guide how to farm (don't explain that to your grandpa, he'll think you've lost your mind):

Getting Bonded coins:
* go to https://ostable.org/trade/26XAPPPTTYRIOSYNCUV3NS2H57X5LZLJ#buy
* add you single-address wallet address to top-right corner
* enter amount to "Amount of tokens2"
* check if the GBYTE amount on "Send" button is acceptable and click it

Once you have got your growth tokens and interest tokens confirmed
* go to https://ostable.org/trade/26XAPPPTTYRIOSYNCUV3NS2H57X5LZLJ#deposits
* click "Open Deposit" and enter half of the amount of interest tokens you have and press "Open"
* add little bit of protection to your deposit, so it would not get closed so easily (optional)

Last step is for earning trading fees:
* go to https://oswap.io/#/add-liquidity/AR3SHS7SFH3PF6ZM6UIF7HWIV44TZ46H
* add interest token and stablecoin to the pool

... and then just wait and watch your growth token value grow and sometimes fall, but mostly grow
September 27, 2020, 01:51:45 PM
I am one from team.

Tell me then why so strange marketing? Why Obyte did like 10 airdrops and didn't spend even a fraction of this money for good listing. There is literally no place to buy Obyte. Bittrex force KYC, BitZ and Folgory has 3$ and 11$ volume, Finexbox has 1000$ volume but all 3 are no name exchanges out of nowhere. Swaps that has Obyte (simpleswap f.e) has 15% spread and looks scammy to me (no matter if you buy for 10$ or 500 BTC you have same spread. I wonder how they will deliver me 500 BTC worth Obyte if there is 0 liquidity on all exchanges). Give me safe place to buy with fair spreads and i'll buy.

I'm not talking about binance or other leaders. Even kucoin is good enough. Or qtrade (very small but has unique-zerohype coins and is fair for customers).

The founder likes to drop Bytes to actual users than shitty exchanges.
Bittrex has most liquidity, but only 5000 GBYTE is on sale, most people rather just hold their GBYTE there. Looking at their hot-wallet, there is 70 000 GBYTE there, so apparently many users trust to hold their Bytes there than on actual wallet app https://stats.obyte.org/Top100Richest.php
Not sure how many of them trade, but it looks like they just hold.

I think BitZ listing was paid by community member, but without paying market makers, nobody trades it there.
Folgory and Finexbox are also paid listing, so Obyte does pay for listings if the fees are reasonable. Hard to say yet if paying even a reasonable fee has been net positive.

Good A rated exchanges that are transparent won't list coins that have small active community, even if it had big active community during airdrops
https://nomics.com/exchanges

Please don't use CoinMarketCap site, it's pure sh!t. Use https://coinpaprika.com/coin/gbyte-obyte/#!exchanges or anything else instead where you can find that GBYTE is listed also on cryptox.pl that doesn't do KYC either. On some days, that exchange does as much volume as Bittrex. Cryptox.pl is also listed as 3rd exchange on main page https://obyte.org/#exchanges

Most swapping site use Bittrex on back-end because it's regulated exchange, so businesses can use them. Even new Bonded Stablecoins project uses SimpleSwap https://ostable.org/buy
Not sure if they market buy everything at once, but ostable.org doesn't market buy all the interest tokens at once, it keeps buying the interest tokens without paying too much penalties.
If you use a swapping site, don't go all-in at once, buy/sell at smaller chunks and give the market makers to react to the price.
If you use regular exchange don't go all-in at once either, fill the orderbook with orders, this way you are the market maker and others have orders to take. You just created liquidity on a pair.

LOL at Kucoin, that exchange just got hacked big time. Obyte once listed on shitty exchange like that and some people lost access to their funds in Cryptopia hack. I heard they will soon get their funds back if they do KYC again.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/kucoin-cryptocurrency-exchange-hacked-for-150-million/
https://decrypt.co/42263/hacked-cryptopia-gets-one-step-closer-to-returning-funds
September 27, 2020, 09:07:23 AM
Interesting project, it seems to be a seperate project from origin protocol's OUSD because initially i thought they were same. I have not checked out obyte so who are the people behind? How is the previous performance? What is their reputation in the market and how safe is to make deposit on their platform. I think these questions need answers before risking our money.

These people are behind it https://obyte.org/#team
Obyte has always been humble about promises and more about delivering, but market doesn't like that - no hype.
Back in 2016, DAG technology was a new thing in cryptocurrencies, but nowadays many new projects have started using it.
You can read how the consensus on Obyte DAG works https://medium.com/obyte/dag/home

Obyte is very one of few that has delivered everything and more from its whitepaper https://obyte.org/Byteball.pdf and fully decentralized it's network https://medium.com/obyte/obyte-achieves-full-decentralization-by-adding-university-of-nicosia-as-an-independent-order-baaef0505392

So, now they build new projects on top of Obyte, this is the whitepaper for Bonded Stablecoins https://ostable.org/bonded-stablecoins.pdf

I am one from team.
Nil inultum remanebit
September 27, 2020, 06:37:02 AM
It seems interesting , please update it your interest daily , Obyte is one of the old altcoin, I remember it was around 250$ now , been quiet for a while it's nice to see it is backed, I am looking forward to getting interested by stable coins .

It’s been almost four days since my deposit was opened ( couple of hrs left in fact)  and right now he looks like this.

As you can see, I made 0.8028 OUSD.  I guess interest withdraw from the address of Autonomous Agent  to my wallet requires some fee to pay so I have decided to build up interest (probably as much as 10 OUSD) and then withdraw to see how it works. I’ll try to keep everyone informed.
September 24, 2020, 11:36:07 AM
I am posting my findings about Obyte Bonded Coins on this Twitter thread https://twitter.com/tarmo888/status/1308823294897000454
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
September 24, 2020, 02:36:36 AM
CMC and Binance list exits scams and DeFi that is self-audited and broken. Bonded Stablecoins are just barely 24 hours old on not so popular project. It will take some time when it gets added to centralized garbage sites like CMC, but it should not be a metric to judge new projects. Truth is, something like Bonded Stablecoins would be difficult to pull off on blockchain because front-running, so things like that should be more important than which centralized page it's listed on.

I'm not saying that everything listed on CMC is safe to buy - it would be impossible for CMC to actively check 7000 coins - how they develop, how do they meet deadlines etc. This is only a platform that list coins. Same with binance. They are trading platform. Its your job to do a research and judge is something is worth your money.

I'm only saying that if something is not listed on CMC it is either very new/without community/without good investment environment (listed on few small exchanges or 1 decent). It's enough for me to avoid it especially if its stable coin with 16% ROI. 16% is not enough for me RISK/REWARD
Nil inultum remanebit
September 23, 2020, 02:47:19 PM

Yeah, the interest in OUSD can only be withdraw to you, but others can close the deposit from earning the interest OUSD (you still get your deposit, not them).

As i said in my previous post  you are correct with this, and me just has added some Gbytes to protect my deposit. Thanks for pointing me out to that issue. I have updated my initial post so that all others were aware of this.
September 23, 2020, 02:39:36 PM
As you can see I have 500.2274 IUSD deposited on smart contract ( actually I sent 500 but it added to it 0.2274, I guess as a bonus?). I have the option to close deposit any time after 12hrs of its opening as well as the option to edit Interest recipient (now it’s me but I can send earned interest to anybody). ~4 hrs have passed from the time my 500 ISDT  were deposited. It already generated 0.0226 in stablecoin. Not bad, what do you think?
You can withdraw the interest without closing the deposit. Add some protection to your deposit, the weakest deposits might get closed by others.

nope, no one can do it. All action must be approved by my Obyte clients to befulfilled. "Protection (ratio)" is protection form me myself. Sorry,you are correct. I have added some GByte to protect smart contract from closing by others. But closing it by stranger doesn't result in the fund loss. It will effect yield earning, solely.

Yeah, the interest in OUSD can only be withdraw to you, but others can close the deposit from earning the interest OUSD (you still get your deposit, not them).
Nil inultum remanebit
September 23, 2020, 02:16:35 PM
Here one has options to buy GRD and IUSD tokens by paying for them with GBytes. GRD is governance tokens that allows to influence the yield policy but it costs quite a money. Because of the high price I left GRD alone. As the first try  I decided to buy 300 IUSD, put my GByte address with the fund enough to cover the purchase and pressed Send.
If you buy just IUSD then you move the price and pay fees. Mark checkbox on "Set token1 amount to minimize fees" to get both, I am sure somebody will eventually want to buy those GRD from you or you can redeem them too. Probably just easier to use “Buy interest tokens” page if you want just IUSD.

If you mark checkbox on "Immediately convert to stable token OUSD" then the IUSD will be automatically deposited and will start earning interest in OUSD.

As you can see I have 500.2274 IUSD deposited on smart contract ( actually I sent 500 but it added to it 0.2274, I guess as a bonus?). I have the option to close deposit any time after 12hrs of its opening as well as the option to edit Interest recipient (now it’s me but I can send earned interest to anybody). ~4 hrs have passed from the time my 500 ISDT  were deposited. It already generated 0.0226 in stablecoin. Not bad, what do you think?
You can withdraw the interest without closing the deposit. Add some protection to your deposit, the weakest deposits might get closed by others.

nope, no one can do it. All action must be approved by my Obyte clients to befulfilled. "Protection (ratio)" is protection form me myself. Sorry,you are correct. I have added some GByte to protect smart contract from closing by others. But closing it by stranger doesn't result in the fund loss. It will effect yield earning, solely.
September 23, 2020, 02:09:43 PM
annual ROI is exactly 16% in IUSD.

Oh i thought that it is additional ROI. 16% from holding IUSD and 10% from farm yield. My mistake. Its interesting to see this but its not too much when you have to take into consideration locking your money in no-name stable coin (not even listed on CMC). Did you make good research about it?

BUSD is giving 13.3%

CMC and Binance list exits scams and DeFi that is self-audited and broken. Bonded Stablecoins are just barely 24 hours old on not so popular project. It will take some time when it gets added to centralized garbage sites like CMC, but it should not be a metric to judge new projects. Truth is, something like Bonded Stablecoins would be difficult to pull off on blockchain because front-running, so things like that should be more important than which centralized page it's listed on.
Pages:
Jump to: