Pages:
Author

Topic: DeFi: yield farming with Obyte. - page 3. (Read 747 times)

Activity: 563
Merit: 103
September 23, 2020, 02:04:11 PM
Here one has options to buy GRD and IUSD tokens by paying for them with GBytes. GRD is governance tokens that allows to influence the yield policy but it costs quite a money. Because of the high price I left GRD alone. As the first try  I decided to buy 300 IUSD, put my GByte address with the fund enough to cover the purchase and pressed Send.
If you buy just IUSD then you move the price and pay fees. Mark checkbox on "Set token1 amount to minimize fees" to get both, I am sure somebody will eventually want to buy those GRD from you or you can redeem them too. Probably just easier to use “Buy interest tokens” page if you want just IUSD.

If you mark checkbox on "Immediately convert to stable token OUSD" then the IUSD will be automatically deposited and will start earning interest in OUSD.

As you can see I have 500.2274 IUSD deposited on smart contract ( actually I sent 500 but it added to it 0.2274, I guess as a bonus?). I have the option to close deposit any time after 12hrs of its opening as well as the option to edit Interest recipient (now it’s me but I can send earned interest to anybody). ~4 hrs have passed from the time my 500 ISDT  were deposited. It already generated 0.0226 in stablecoin. Not bad, what do you think?
You can withdraw the interest without closing the deposit. Add some protection to your deposit, the weakest deposits might get closed by others.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
September 27, 2020, 01:18:27 PM
I am one from team.

Tell me then why so strange marketing? Why Obyte did like 10 airdrops and didn't spend even a fraction of this money for good listing. There is literally no place to buy Obyte. Bittrex force KYC, BitZ and Folgory has 3$ and 11$ volume, Finexbox has 1000$ volume but all 3 are no name exchanges out of nowhere. Swaps that has Obyte (simpleswap f.e) has 15% spread and looks scammy to me (no matter if you buy for 10$ or 500 BTC you have same spread. I wonder how they will deliver me 500 BTC worth Obyte if there is 0 liquidity on all exchanges). Give me safe place to buy with fair spreads and i'll buy.

I'm not talking about binance or other leaders. Even kucoin is good enough. Or qtrade (very small but has unique-zerohype coins and is fair for customers).
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
September 27, 2020, 08:34:07 AM
Interesting project, it seems to be a seperate project from origin protocol's OUSD because initially i thought they were same. I have not checked out obyte so who are the people behind? How is the previous performance? What is their reputation in the market and how safe is to make deposit on their platform. I think these questions need answers before risking our money.

OBYTE (byteball before) started as airdrop to BTC hodlers (fair and wide distribution). It is well known and established coin listed on CMC in 2016. I heard about it a lot of good stuff from technical guys (people with education related to cryptography).

It is a DAG - you can read more here - https://academy.binance.com/blockchain/what-is-a-directed-acyclic-graph-dag-in-cryptocurrency

More about Obyte - https://wiki.obyte.org/Main_Page

I have no idea why, despite being so technically strong, it is listed on such a small number of exchanges, and the price just cant stop dropping (-98% from ATH)
Activity: 1442
Merit: 265
September 27, 2020, 06:42:17 AM
Interesting project, it seems to be a seperate project from origin protocol's OUSD because initially i thought they were same. I have not checked out obyte so who are the people behind? How is the previous performance? What is their reputation in the market and how safe is to make deposit on their platform. I think these questions need answers before risking our money.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Only the best is The be best...
September 24, 2020, 03:24:45 AM
It seems interesting , please update it your interest daily , Obyte is one of the old altcoin, I remember it was around 250$ now , been quiet for a while it's nice to see it is backed, I am looking forward to getting interested by stable coins .
Activity: 491
Merit: 1259
Nil inultum remanebit
September 23, 2020, 11:58:41 AM
Avoid!

Pages:
Jump to: