Pages:
Author

Topic: Deflationary Tokens - page 11. (Read 3802 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 26, 2020, 06:01:11 PM
I think the era of deflationary tokens have gone.  We thought these tokens will actually bring lots of revolutions to the crypto industry especially, in the area of limited supply and burning of tokens on every transaction.  But the concept didn't really make it.  I still have some of them in my wallet now that as good as dead.

Exactly. Most deflationary tokens out there have been abandoned by their developers. Only a select few are still being actively traded on the crypto market. It's not about deflation, but rather how useful a cryptocurrency or token is in the mainstream world. But people don't see it that way. They believe that a deflationary token is meant to rise in price for the foreseeable future. This mindset leads to many undesired losses in the long run. Those who know how crypto works, will invest wisely into prominent cryptocurrencies with a proven track record of development and innovation.

As far as choosing a deflationary token as a long term investment, I think that Binance Coin is the best one around. Binance will be periodically burning the supply of BNB, contributing towards the token's price in the long term. Considering that Binance has been widely successful in the crypto space, Binance Coin (BNB) won't be going anywhere. You can see how BNB quickly increased in price since it came into inception some time ago. Buying & holding BNB, alongside deflationary cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin, should give you an ever-lasting investment that will help secure your financial future. As a golden rule, always do your own research regarding any deflationary or non-deflationary token you're willing to invest into. If you do that, you won't have to regret making a bad decision in the long run. Just my opinion Smiley
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
August 26, 2020, 02:27:30 PM
I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

The major reason for creating deflationary tokens is for pumps and dumps. We all know how several deflationary tokens flooded the market out of no where and their names had almost similar psychological aura. Most had to do with explosion and burns. We saw a few massively increasing, but at the end of the day, they all had a free fall.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 26, 2020, 02:22:08 PM
With the recent surge of crypto with a limited total supply, I think the next will be the deflationary tokens/cryptos. Because of many new cryptos in the market today that put any crypto with a decently controlled inflation become such a worthy investment.

Recent bitcoin halving proves the fact that limiting the supply of token effects its price in upward direction. Though Deflationary Tokens like BOOM, FSM are in there early stages, there is firm chance that they will rise in future. As there supply is continuously decreasing.
Activity: 41
August 24, 2020, 11:49:16 AM
With the recent surge of crypto with a limited total supply, I think the next will be the deflationary tokens/cryptos. Because of many new cryptos in the market today that put any crypto with a decently controlled inflation become such a worthy investment.

This seems very much possible to me. Every new concept take time to get accepted and same is happening with deflationary tokens. While immature investors are busy discussing cons of Deflationary Tokens, the wise one are busy buying them as future investment. 
Activity: 41
August 22, 2020, 03:45:20 PM
I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?
The purpose of deflationary tokens is attracting investors by the scheme of a limited number of coin that 'maybe' yield better profit one it goes to the moon. That it. Worthy or not, depend on how that deflationary token intends to trigger the booming. To do that, it needs more than just the 'low-in-number' scheme.

I think this lowering in number with time is the only use-case of deflationary coin like BOOM. I don't think you need use cases to be successful token, there are many problems associated with blockchain and token that can address such problem will hold the future of crypto whether its BOOM or any other deflationary token.
Activity: 795
Merit: 10
August 20, 2020, 07:00:55 AM

I think the era of deflationary tokens have gone.  We thought these tokens will actually bring lots of revolutions to the crypto industry especially, in the area of limited supply and burning of tokens on every transaction.  But the concept didn't really make it.  I still have some of them in my wallet now that as good as dead.
Activity: 36
August 16, 2020, 12:56:07 PM
The idea of self burning in BOOM looks to me innovative, I don't know what other deflationary coins are using. The fact we see too much resistance on deflationary is because we are used to coins that have use cases. I have seen many coins that have lucrative use cases but zero implementation. BOOM has produced what it promised, so that why I gave it more weight.
Activity: 37
August 14, 2020, 01:19:03 PM
After reading comments here on thread, I realized that investors and senior member of crypto community don't have much positive reviews about deflationary tokens but I still think they have a better future since there are not many deflationary coins in the market, so competition is relatively less. I am gathering deflationary coins since they are available at discounted rates.
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
August 13, 2020, 10:15:19 PM
their goal seems to be to control the coin price in order to stay awake, because where the number of tokens supply exceeds the limit and the buyers are few, it is certain that the price of tokens will be destroyed. so this strategy is to keep the price in the market and also to avoid being dumped because the dump makes the token price worthless if it dumps for a long time and people are no longer interested in buying
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 13, 2020, 09:30:56 PM
Firstly, I don't think deflationary tokens are worth investing. This is because they rarely have any reasonable use case. The major or only purpose for their establishment is for increase in value which makes it more of a ponzi scheme than a cryptocurrency project. The deflationary tokens rarely list on reputable exchanges such as binance, bittrex, poloniex, etc.

Agree. Finding a deflationary token that's worth the investment is very hard. Most of them turn out to be quick money grabs by their developers. Only a select few like Bitcoin and Maker are worth it, because of their constant development, innovation, and most of all, mainstream adoption. You can always allocate a small portion of your capital into deflationary cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Maker or even exchange-based coins like Binance Coin for peace of mind. When the next bull run takes place on the market, you'll be able to enjoy steady financial gains like never before.

All in all, there's no guarantee that a deflationary token will become extremely valuable over time. Everything will depend on how well it's adopted within the mainstream world. If you have a deflationary token with no real use cases for the mainstream world, it won't be going anywhere. I've seen inflationary cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Stellar performing well on the market. As long as you do your own research about a cryptocurrency or token you're willing to invest into, nothing should go wrong. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
August 11, 2020, 02:49:32 PM
The deflationary feature in the token, irrespective of the option chosen to deflate the token with, whether it be burning on a specific timing or percentage destruction on per transaction. i just see that feature as a way of giving it value but it does have need for a solution and that is the main use it has in the real life else its just a waste.
Activity: 46
August 11, 2020, 02:37:38 PM
Deflationary token model has not yet gained popularity despite the fact that we have too many such coins in the market and some are attracting good volume every day. Lets wait and watch, we cant rule the possibility that these coins wont go up.
August 09, 2020, 02:36:10 PM
Deflationary model is facing strong resistance but we cant say that its fully rejected. There are people who are investing in this model, so there is bright chance that game for deflationary model is ON.

Many new models have scammed crypto investors but this is also true that not every crypto project is scam. Remember those who saying deflationary model is fake or scam are the same that said bitcoin is scam. DYOR and HODL.
Activity: 27
August 07, 2020, 02:21:04 PM
Deflationary model is facing strong resistance but we cant say that its fully rejected. There are people who are investing in this model, so there is bright chance that game for deflationary model is ON.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
August 05, 2020, 03:58:34 PM
Are deflationary tokens died? I can't see any token in these weeks with these features. I remember there was bomb in the past that did great. The deflationistinc system is one of the best way for fight the panic sells and the decreasing of price!
such a token model simply could not exist in this market. Several scam projects appeared that began to say that they had a deflationary model of a token and then turned out to be a scam. people stopped believing that it is possible
August 05, 2020, 01:38:07 PM
Are deflationary tokens died? I can't see any token in these weeks with these features. I remember there was bomb in the past that did great. The deflationistinc system is one of the best way for fight the panic sells and the decreasing of price!

They are not dead rather they are sleeping and can be bullish anytime. I am one of the lover of deflationary coins since there inception. We have too many coins with different use cases. Decrease in total supply of coins itself is a use case in my view.
You can see market cap and HODLERS of Deflationary Tokens here
https://etherscan.io/tokens/label/deflationary-token
copper member
Activity: 350
August 05, 2020, 08:45:20 AM

Firstly, I don't think deflationary tokens are worth investing. This is because they rarely have any reasonable use case. The major or only purpose for their establishment is for increase in value which makes it more of a ponzi scheme than a cryptocurrency project. The deflationary tokens rarely list on reputable exchanges such as binance, bittrex, poloniex, etc.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
August 05, 2020, 07:42:19 AM
I don't trust deflation tokens because many people talk bad about them, I can't see any good reviews on deflationary tokens, this is why its good to always do research yourself before investing
Activity: 154
August 05, 2020, 06:00:37 AM

I'm yet to get a full grasp of the intension behind the deflationary tokens. I guess it's majorly to ensure that the value continues to increase as transactions are done and more persons are holding the tokens. But in my opinion, the major reason for a project should be its use case and not merely it's value.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1327
August 04, 2020, 04:33:10 PM
Pages:
Jump to: