Pages:
Author

Topic: Deflationary Tokens - page 9. (Read 3802 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
November 09, 2020, 02:14:06 PM
The problem with many deflation tokens is lack of use cases, 99© of deflation projects offers the deflationary ability only, nothin more or less, till date I find it hard to trust any deflation tokens and the few I gathered through airdrop hunting are all dead

That's very much true. If these deflationary tokens want to hit the dance floor then they must bring some real world use cases. Only BTC as payment system has so far is able to get success rest alt coins have to come up with some use cases.
Activity: 48
November 07, 2020, 03:30:18 PM
In my opinion you dont need solid use cases in order to gain success there are many coins with just one core functionality and they are getting success, biggest example is BTC. I have some space for these deflationary tokens in my portfolio since I feel there price will go up in days to come.
Activity: 238
Merit: 17
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
November 06, 2020, 10:30:14 AM
The problem with many deflation tokens is lack of use cases, 99© of deflation projects offers the deflationary ability only, nothin more or less, till date I find it hard to trust any deflation tokens and the few I gathered through airdrop hunting are all dead
Activity: 238
Merit: 17
November 06, 2020, 10:28:43 AM
Please kindly share the name of the token, many deflationary tokens I knew are almost dead now due to lack of use case, investors are now smarter to avoid projects that have no real life use cases because in a very short time they will become worthless

A great example is $BNB, a solid project with a great number of supporters. Investing in deflationary tokens can benefit long term investors. Given that all fundamentals in the company's business remains constant, the token price will go up overtime due to regular token burns. Not looking at much the volatility, and looking at the historical data, $BNB has reached all time highs after every token burn.
Hm I'm kinda confused and I need some answers, is burning tokens by sending tokens to unknown contract address the same with deflationary tokens? How is bnb token a deflation token? If I could remember deflation tokens shrinks in supply as investors send and receive the deflation tokens, bnb token don't work this way
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
November 06, 2020, 08:56:57 AM
A deflationary token model, is one where tokens are removed from the market over time. The main benefit to models like these is that they prevent the market from being flooded with these excess tokens as more are mined, created, or sold off by the creators.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 502
November 05, 2020, 03:49:12 AM
Please kindly share the name of the token, many deflationary tokens I knew are almost dead now due to lack of use case, investors are now smarter to avoid projects that have no real life use cases because in a very short time they will become worthless

A great example is $BNB, a solid project with a great number of supporters. Investing in deflationary tokens can benefit long term investors. Given that all fundamentals in the company's business remains constant, the token price will go up overtime due to regular token burns. Not looking at much the volatility, and looking at the historical data, $BNB has reached all time highs after every token burn.

I feel that binance is one of the few exceptions of the deflationary token system working rather than the norm here . Too many projects are trying to lure in ok investors with the deflationary token mechanics without any base fundamentals.
Burning a token without any fundamentals is burning something which never existed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
November 04, 2020, 08:26:23 PM

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
November 04, 2020, 07:07:44 PM
I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

I think this is to reduce the circulating supply, so that the coin price will continue to increase if the supply gets smaller. Such a coin is worth investing in, but see if it is active. If not, leave.
that's the point but mostly of deflationary tokens are only think about to reduce the supply while what matter most should be the product.
Even you have been burning your token until there's only a single token in your wallet will be worthless because you have no product that can be offered to be used by the others.
These day crypto is working about how good your product and it's not about how small the supply of your coins.
Activity: 798
Merit: 10
November 04, 2020, 06:54:40 PM
Deflationary tokens need more exploration as its a brand new idea and people are a bit reluctant to join it. Those who understand the demand and supply concept are betting in these Deflationary Tokens while others are not giving a good look.

Indeed, we need to learn more about when the token is burned. I think the deflationary token aims to reduce the total supply which results in reduced circulating supply in the market, this action is expected to increase the token price and I think this is a good innovation as long as the project is good and running.
Activity: 423
Merit: 11
November 04, 2020, 06:26:40 PM
I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

I think this is to reduce the circulating supply, so that the coin price will continue to increase if the supply gets smaller. Such a coin is worth investing in, but see if it is active. If not, leave.
Activity: 48
November 04, 2020, 02:35:58 PM
Deflationary tokens need more exploration as its a brand new idea and people are a bit reluctant to join it. Those who understand the demand and supply concept are betting in these Deflationary Tokens while others are not giving a good look.
Activity: 38
November 02, 2020, 12:15:06 PM
First, I do not think being a deflationary token is enough reason to invest in any project, there have to be other good reasons which must prove why the project is worthy enough to be invested in. Although there was a time the trend or rather hype was much about deflationary tokens, because the team made it look like, by having small supply which will reduce overtime, then the price of the token will keep increasing, this idea was used to create many scam projects, until it became clear that without good use case, being a deflationary is nothing. In the same way, another purpose of having deflationary token is this, when a coin supply is much and the team aims to reduce it as time goes by, they can implement deflationary features or burn features, thus for every transaction the supply keeps reducing.

In my opinion the going down of supply in circulation is use case in itself. Crypto is all about payment system and volatility. These Deflationary tokens will bring more volatility with time as supply will go down. We just need to wait and see how these coins behave in days to come.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
October 31, 2020, 01:39:54 PM
First, I do not think being a deflationary token is enough reason to invest in any project, there have to be other good reasons which must prove why the project is worthy enough to be invested in. Although there was a time the trend or rather hype was much about deflationary tokens, because the team made it look like, by having small supply which will reduce overtime, then the price of the token will keep increasing, this idea was used to create many scam projects, until it became clear that without good use case, being a deflationary is nothing. In the same way, another purpose of having deflationary token is this, when a coin supply is much and the team aims to reduce it as time goes by, they can implement deflationary features or burn features, thus for every transaction the supply keeps reducing.
Activity: 38
October 31, 2020, 01:00:54 PM
I think its high time everyone recognises this and move on or risk getting caught between the Cross fire thus, losing funds. It was well worth the hype while it lasted. People need to understand that most of these deflationary tokens and projects have almost nothing to offer aside token burning rate and hype.

I think same was said for BTC in its initial days and those who put there trust in BTC are called whales now.
Deflationary tokens are in there early days and to be part of its future success its the right time to invest in this token.   
Activity: 45
September 27, 2020, 03:11:02 PM
I think every coin in crypto market has some sort of hype associated with it else nobody will take any interest. Deflationary is new concept that's why t hard to digest for many of us. Its still a much better investment then many other tokens that have good use cases but zero market value.
Activity: 452
Merit: 2
https://goldeth.io/
September 24, 2020, 03:40:52 PM
I think its high time everyone recognises this and move on or risk getting caught between the Cross fire thus, losing funds. It was well worth the hype while it lasted. People need to understand that most of these deflationary tokens and projects have almost nothing to offer aside token burning rate and hype.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
September 24, 2020, 03:18:12 PM
The most issue that deflationary tokens display is that they will regularly be seen as a security within the eyes of controllers. This can be since the deflationary components utilized to purchase the tokens back from the advertise are for the most part subordinate on the victory of the company.
Activity: 45
September 24, 2020, 03:04:46 PM
back then, I received some BOMB as an airdrop a while back and suddenly, it started to seep, I was selling them for $7- $10 each. If you talk about BOMs like tokens then If I were you I wouldn't invest much in them because they are a very risky investment.
Yes, and many people suggest that investment is only as limited as we can afford, don't be too forced and can experience frustration when there is a sudden loss, especially if the market conditions are uncertain, obviously it will be very dangerous if not monitored regularly.

There is always a time to buy or sell a coin. Just like getting BOMB through airdrop and selling them at 10$ was ideal thing, likewise buying BOOM at current price does'nt pose much risk. BOOM is yet to see its bull risk so its good to buy this coin at current price.
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
September 17, 2020, 09:29:30 AM
back then, I received some BOMB as an airdrop a while back and suddenly, it started to seep, I was selling them for $7- $10 each. If you talk about BOMs like tokens then If I were you I wouldn't invest much in them because they are a very risky investment.
Yes, and many people suggest that investment is only as limited as we can afford, don't be too forced and can experience frustration when there is a sudden loss, especially if the market conditions are uncertain, obviously it will be very dangerous if not monitored regularly.
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
September 17, 2020, 08:13:58 AM
Pages:
Jump to: