Pages:
Author

Topic: Deflationary Tokens - page 16. (Read 3802 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 1
June 06, 2020, 02:12:46 PM
I knew bomb token was good, simply because it's the first of it's kind, it has no other usefulness that burning tokens but been the first of it's kind? Well yeah it will be easier to attract investors, and now deflation tokens have become so popular that every devs wants to create one, I managed to keep two deflation tokens, BAgs Token and Ethplode which are now valueless, dead probably, glad I earned them through Airdrops

I think BOOM is not the first deflationary token but its certainly doing good at the moment. deflationary tokens are more volatile then normal crypto tokens like BTC, Eth, they are good for short term investment.
Activity: 434
Merit: 19
June 05, 2020, 02:29:52 AM
I knew bomb token was good, simply because it's the first of it's kind, it has no other usefulness that burning tokens but been the first of it's kind? Well yeah it will be easier to attract investors, and now deflation tokens have become so popular that every devs wants to create one, I managed to keep two deflation tokens, BAgs Token and Ethplode which are now valueless, dead probably, glad I earned them through Airdrops

June 05, 2020, 02:24:33 AM
There are many deflationary tokens which are doing good on exchanges, like the one you mentioned.
it's not a good if compare it into (joke) exchange like mcaffedex and friend.
so tell me why would anyone invest in such coins?
no one bought for investment. it's for fast profit only using a pump and dump schemes.

Right, deflationary tokens are more likely to be "fast-food" in this market. Traders hold them for a short period of time and expect their price goes up fastly by believing that reduce the supply will increase the price. However, it usually don't bring back the expected results. The reason is that deflationary tokens can't attract trader to buy them.

If you are interested in taking risk then the deflationary token is for you. Just keep some space in your portfolio for this token. Every coin has a day, maybe someday this coin also move to the moon.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
June 04, 2020, 03:47:11 AM
There are many deflationary tokens which are doing good on exchanges, like the one you mentioned.
no one bought for investment. it's for fast profit only using a pump and dump schemes.

Right, deflationary tokens are more likely to be "fast-food" in this market. Traders hold them for a short period of time and expect their price goes up fastly by believing that reduce the supply will increase the price. However, it usually don't bring back the expected results. The reason is that deflationary tokens can't attract trader to buy them.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1032
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
June 04, 2020, 03:13:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001
June 04, 2020, 02:44:16 AM
I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?
I received some BOMB as an airdrop some time ago and out of sudden, it started mooning I sold them at $8-10 each. If you are talking about BOMB like token then If I were you I would not invest much in them because they are an extremely risky investment.
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
June 04, 2020, 02:35:57 AM
Deflationary token is not worth investing in because most of all this so called deflationary team believes reducing the total supply everyday by burning the token will give the token more attention because they are aware people love to invest in a project with less total supply even if the project is without any reasonable usecase. So I guess their main aims is to make their money as quick as possible.
True! But it's seemed like their plan isn't on the right track at all. Deflationary tokens can't increase its value simply by the reduction of the total supply. Common sense arrives when people see the demand over the supply, they'll buy it at a higher price. However, the thing that the team can't control is people's demand. The token itself can't attract people to buy then how could the demand raise? That's one of the reasons why there's not a lot of successful deflationary tokens on the market.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
June 04, 2020, 02:24:28 AM
I like deflation in tokens and coins but I don't like how developers handled the feature, I believe if this feature get into the right hands they will create something beautiful out of it, many deflation tokens and coins have no other usefulness, it's just as if they are selling the deflation feature to investors only, Zero Usefulness 100%
June 04, 2020, 01:55:55 AM
I am well aware of coins with controlled inflation like BTC, where a finite number of coins will be generated at a controlled rate. Very recently I came across deflationary tokens where coins are destroyed whenever a transaction is made and they will end at some time.
My question is what is the purpose of creating such coins? Are they worthy enough to be invested ?

There used to be a time when some people care so much about a project with a reasonable token supply because they believed there is a possibility of touching a good price which is why during that time, once there is token burn there will be an increase in price caused by hype but nowadays everything has changed. Nowadays we have come to understand that what matters is use case, so whether a coin supply is reduced or not, it doesn't matter if the project have nothing to offer. Lastly the purpose of creating such coins is to constantly reduced its supply which of course is meant to make it valuable but that's not the case atimes. Also, investing in those coins depends on what the team is bringing to the crypto space, if it's worth it or not; that is to say, the working products and the type of team will determine if it's good for investing.

In my view reduction in the total number of coins in circulation is a use-case in itself. The idea is new that's why many are raising questions about this. Those who believe in diverse portfolio will defiantly leave some space for this coin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 29
June 03, 2020, 05:26:51 AM
Newbies forget about deflationary tokens, I haven't seen good one since BOMB Token era, that's the only deflation token that manages to keeps good value till date, the rest are already struggling to keep up, why? They have no good use than offering deflation features only, so tell me why would anyone invest in such coins?
Activity: 221
June 03, 2020, 05:25:10 AM
Deflationary token is not worth investing in because most of all this so called deflationary team believes reducing the total supply everyday by burning the token will give the token more attention because they are aware people love to invest in a project with less total supply even if the project is without any reasonable usecase. So I guess their main aims is to make their money as quick as possible.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
June 03, 2020, 04:37:16 AM

There used to be a time when some people care so much about a project with a reasonable token supply because they believed there is a possibility of touching a good price which is why during that time, once there is token burn there will be an increase in price caused by hype but nowadays everything has changed. Nowadays we have come to understand that what matters is use case, so whether a coin supply is reduced or not, it doesn't matter if the project have nothing to offer. Lastly the purpose of creating such coins is to constantly reduced its supply which of course is meant to make it valuable but that's not the case atimes. Also, investing in those coins depends on what the team is bringing to the crypto space, if it's worth it or not; that is to say, the working products and the type of team will determine if it's good for investing.
June 03, 2020, 02:34:49 AM
10 years to this time many new coins the public hate because of scam will become big, and the lucky ones you gather them right now will surely become the future whales, this is why I don't say bad things about new coins, you can never know what will happen in future but deflation tokens aren't just good enough, burns keeps happening to increase nothing but value, this isn't a real use case

That's exactly what I am saying. Every new coin was called scammed in the start including BTC. But those who seize the opportunity to invest early in the coin are the real winners. To me deflationary tokens like https://www.boomtoken.io/ look very legitimate, maybe some people don't like the idea but for me it's a good choice for investment.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
June 02, 2020, 02:41:43 AM
Maybe the team has a separate goal that we never knew, but so far I haven't found a deflation token where coins are destroyed every time a transaction is made, so if I may know what is that token?

I'm also the same as you think because each team has other goals that we don't know about the transaction system and the OP has to share the name of the token so we can find more information
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
June 02, 2020, 02:39:51 AM
10 years to this time many new coins the public hate because of scam will become big, and the lucky ones you gather them right now will surely become the future whales, this is why I don't say bad things about new coins, you can never know what will happen in future but deflation tokens aren't just good enough, burns keeps happening to increase nothing but value, this isn't a real use case
Activity: 1540
Merit: 22
June 02, 2020, 02:33:58 AM
Tokens are created as a means of payment (replacing fiat money) to buy goods and services from both shops, online retailers, and other merchants normally divided into three token categories: currency, utility, or investment.

If the token occurs deflation is possible to be destroyed and ended at a time because of the reference to the benefit value and usefulness.
June 02, 2020, 02:01:14 AM

Moreover, I like to suggest you to go for only highly established coins/tokens rather than looking for any new arrivals. New coins may get you big profits at the same time it will be having more risk compared to what we usually having with bitcoin and other few summers coins/tokens based investments.

No pain no gain. Those who took risk of investing in bitcoin back in 2009 are called whales these days. I am not insisting you to invest in this coin but don't call a project a scam only because it's new and has a new idea.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
June 01, 2020, 03:47:44 PM
Deflationary tokens in crypto space today are the right definition of shitcoins, honestly they do nothing than burning tokens over and over, this is what creates fake hypes for these tokens and to my surprise people are buying, many people still dont know what real use case is all about in crypto space
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
June 01, 2020, 03:03:55 PM
I am also coming across such concept of burning tokens for every transaction but I do feel it is kind of scam, devs are trying to trap investors. Please do not fall for these.

A worthy enough coin or token should have its own use case for a problem we are facing in day to day life. Anything other than this must be just a speculative asset which may get dumped at any time. So, better stay away from this coins/tokens. Devs in this case are trying to lure investors by decreasing the circulating number of coins which honestly sound like a immature idea in my opinion.

Moreover, I like to suggest you to go for only highly established coins/tokens rather than looking for any new arrivals. New coins may get you big profits at the same time it will be having more risk compared to what we usually having with bitcoin and other few summers coins/tokens based investments.
June 01, 2020, 02:56:49 PM

The advent of deflationary tokens was thought to be a very novel idea that will bring fresh innovation to the crypto industry.  It was created with the aim of reducing supply when some amounts of tokens are burnt on every transaction.  The developers thought this will create a scarcity in the market thereby resulting in increase in the price of the token.  However, this idea have not been successful as several deflationary tokens were dead today.
It is a novel idea I will give you that but that is about it, a novel idea is not necessarily a good idea and if everything that a coin has is its deflationary nature then it is not a good coin at all and people should stay away from it, now some people may say that such coins may give profits in the short term but that is true for almost any type of coin even for those that are scams, but eventually those coins will go to zero as there is no use case for them and eventually people move on to more exciting and newer projects.

Relax my friend. It's not disappearing overnight just like the last btc will be mined in 2140, it will take years before we ran out of token in any deflationary token project. Take it just like another betting project where you bet and either win big or loose.
Pages:
Jump to: