Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 2. (Read 4669 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
June 17, 2013, 09:23:02 PM
I think BCX has small penis syndrome and likes flashing huge epeen around.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
June 17, 2013, 09:17:43 PM
Please do something more constructive with your time.

Breaking stuff is easy. Go and be creative instead or build something for good.

Shouldn't you be saying that your DEV baritus, who issued the original challenege in the first place?

All he needs to do is simply come in here and state for the record he withdraws his original challenge to kill his coin.

That's all.

~BCX~
I don't think you quite appreciate what's going on here man, I'm trying to help you.

If anybody attacks DGC in the next few weeks, it's your door they're going to come knocking on. You've dug a pretty deep hole for yourself already, do yourself a favor and stop digging.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
June 17, 2013, 09:13:47 PM

Shouldn't you be saying that your DEV baritus, who issued the original challenege in the first place?

All he needs to do is simply come in here and state for the record he withdraws his original challenge to kill his coin.

That's all.

~BCX~

Maybe you should join us and Baritus and use your powers for good instead of evil  Wink

Peace out bro
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
June 17, 2013, 09:06:16 PM
I openly invite you to try your best with DGC.  Smiley

When a DEV openly request such an action it is no longer an attack, but a simple public service.

This is going to be a first though, I'm going to have to build a working block explorer to kill it.

baritus, are you still feeling like you want your chain stress tested?

~BCX~

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
June 17, 2013, 09:05:18 PM
Whats the point of all this? Dgc is a great new coin, let it flourish. Whats with all the penis waving?! Listen to Master Yoda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnFr-DOPf8
Activity: 420
June 17, 2013, 08:59:52 PM
true fear is to be instilled.

BCX's will is determined.

glhf everyone.

now everyone on this forum knows one fact from this fiasco: Don't fuck with BitcoinEXpress. 
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 17, 2013, 08:54:26 PM
if the DGC dev really challenge it, DGC will soon be killed for sure
Activity: 868
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 17, 2013, 08:46:49 PM
It will take me a couple of days to get a block explorer up and going.

The main point of attack will be 51% utilizing several botnets and a pool.

Needlessss to say the DGC pools will be DDoS'd into oblivion to reduce the hash rate below 500M/s.

The second point of attack that is just as lethal that I haven't used on a chain in a while will be a modified version of that genius kid Artforz time travel exploit. As my old nemesis Coinhunter would say, time for me to channel Artforz (rip), dig up my Teletubbies, put on my Artforz tin foil hat and bring it on.

Time frame to call DGC dead, 7-10 days.

~BCX~
The confession.

Rule #1 - don't post anything you wouldn't feel confident defending in a courtroom.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any laws yet regulating cryptocurrency.

However, DDoS'ing any website is considered illegal in many countries.
Activity: 189
June 17, 2013, 08:44:53 PM
It will take me a couple of days to get a block explorer up and going.

The main point of attack will be 51% utilizing several botnets and a pool.

Needlessss to say the DGC pools will be DDoS'd into oblivion to reduce the hash rate below 500M/s.

The second point of attack that is just as lethal that I haven't used on a chain in a while will be a modified version of that genius kid Artforz time travel exploit. As my old nemesis Coinhunter would say, time for me to channel Artforz (rip), dig up my Teletubbies, put on my Artforz tin foil hat and bring it on.

Time frame to call DGC dead, 7-10 days.

~BCX~
The confession.

Rule #1 - don't post anything you wouldn't feel confident defending in a courtroom.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 17, 2013, 08:43:01 PM
So for those of us mining DGC, we shall all switch to solo mining. Why not. Still not sure why I'm mining these.

Though if Baritus doesn't care if the coin lives, maybe i'll donate my miners to a botnet.
Activity: 574
June 17, 2013, 08:32:38 PM
Waiting here if BCX can really do this.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
June 17, 2013, 04:13:16 PM
You can hate or like BitcoinExpress for what he is or what he does, but if he can do it, others can too.
The fact that he openly talks about it, makes us more aware of the dangers that exist.

You can ban him from Bitcointalk.org but it doesn't change the danger to any low hashrate altcoin at the moment.

If you want to protect your coin against a 51% attack, put your hashrate at it or don't complain.
Activity: 11
June 17, 2013, 04:02:16 PM
You know, this is the best PR action DG-Coin got in the last few days....?  Kiss  Roll Eyes Just keep it going.
"Let the games begin..." omg, come on guys.
Activity: 154
June 17, 2013, 03:49:00 PM
yay let the fun begin
Activity: 350
June 17, 2013, 03:41:25 PM
Could someone please to me in baby language what you can actually do when you control 51% of the network hashrate ?

stop transactions from being confirmed, spend coins many times more than you have at exchanges.

yep, good fun will be had by all  Grin
Activity: 714
June 17, 2013, 03:13:19 PM
Could someone please to me in baby language what you can actually do when you control 51% of the network hashrate ?

stop transactions from being confirmed, spend coins many times more than you have at exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
June 17, 2013, 03:10:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
June 17, 2013, 03:07:16 PM
The dev sold all his DGC and wants to buy back cheap.

The best way to do that, is by creating panic.
Activity: 462
June 17, 2013, 03:04:07 PM

ZeroCool gunna git ya!
Activity: 32
June 17, 2013, 03:02:37 PM
what's the point dev just put in a checkpoint and the attack is worthless.  all it will do is slow down the network for as long as they are attacking it.  miners will come back after the attack is over.  not sure how DGC will be "dead"?

Is the dev going to be adding checkpoints every 10 blocks?  Because that's about all a 51% attack takes, and the truth is, it's really difficult to notice initially unless you're actually watching a live version of the blockchain.  Since most alt-coins have either no blockchain explorer or a very poor one, I will not be surprised when we uncover that most of the alt-coins have already been attacked.

The only way to somewhat protect yourself in this case would be to have 100 block confirmations on deposits to exchanges, and checkpoints every 50 blocks.  Pools would only have to download a new client every few minutes.  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: