Pages:
Author

Topic: delete - page 4. (Read 10645 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 29, 2011, 05:48:44 AM
I guess you were just screwiing with me, make that four times now banned instantly by Realsolid on sign in.

Usually only trolls get banned :-)
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
October 28, 2011, 09:27:07 PM
BTCEX: We'd love to see you in there using your real nick for once instead of coming in using fake names...

HAHA The three times I have, RealSolid bans in less than a minute even though I have never posted once.

Ten98, I'm surprised you even suggested this. I assume you hang out in #solidcoin all the time. You should know that RealSolid bans us the moment we log in with our username or our IP. And anyone dares say anything bad about solidcoin or complain about it, they get banned pretty quickly. #solidcoin is run by a tyrant, and it's the opposite of "free for anyone to come in and chat to us, even trolls are welcome". If you want a real free chatroom, come visit #litecoin and talk about SC if you want. Everyone is welcome even you, Ten98. I won't ban anyone, except for spammers. So far, I have not banned a single person.
Coblee, it looks like you are not banned from #solidcoin right now.

I figured I'd take up on Ten98's offer and try again. I haven't been banned yet.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
October 28, 2011, 09:24:55 PM
BTCEX: We'd love to see you in there using your real nick for once instead of coming in using fake names...

HAHA The three times I have, RealSolid bans in less than a minute even though I have never posted once.

Ten98, I'm surprised you even suggested this. I assume you hang out in #solidcoin all the time. You should know that RealSolid bans us the moment we log in with our username or our IP. And anyone dares say anything bad about solidcoin or complain about it, they get banned pretty quickly. #solidcoin is run by a tyrant, and it's the opposite of "free for anyone to come in and chat to us, even trolls are welcome". If you want a real free chatroom, come visit #litecoin and talk about SC if you want. Everyone is welcome even you, Ten98. I won't ban anyone, except for spammers. So far, I have not banned a single person.
Coblee, it looks like you are not banned from #solidcoin right now.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
October 28, 2011, 08:49:04 PM
Dude, RS said his goal with 1) to make a currency 2) which is stronger than governments 3) to take over the world.

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but that is some crazy shit.  Crazy shit that I wouldn't want anyone to get wrapped up in due to ignorance.

If you think SC is clean from liability, great.  I don't.

Why are you constantly bringing this up? "Making a currency which is stronger than governments and taking over the world" is not bad advertisement at all. Smiley
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
October 28, 2011, 08:40:45 PM

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
October 28, 2011, 02:18:14 PM
It doesn't mean a thing. That statement was in relation to Liberty Dollar, who clearly tried to make a currency that resembles the US dollar.

The last time I looked, the solidcoin logo was still purple.

+1 and i hate SC,

That nicely written peice of Legal document does not affect us.
I touch only bitcoins.

+1 and I am 100% convinced ScamCoin is worthless.

LibertyCoin was a case of fraud and counterfiting.  Nothing more.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin, ScamCoin, or any other alt-coin unless you decide to launch "FederalReserveCoins" and make statement indicating it is legal tender and guaranteed by the US Federal Reserve to be good for all debts public and private.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 28, 2011, 01:04:27 PM
Not too sharp yet are we?  Taken econ 101 yet?
No, that would be a waste of my time. But you obviously haven't either, otherwise you wouldn't be a SC worshiper.
The dollar isn't a proper reserve currency.[...]
Happy now?
Activity: 392
October 28, 2011, 12:41:56 PM
I'll just leave this here:
Note use of future tense in the very last sentence.
I wonder if those intelligent people are the same who said in September "hey, 18M max coins isn't enough, let's make that infinite and premine 13M already!" and then a few days ago "wow, we're making far too many coins, we should make new blocks worth 1/7th of what they used to!" Oh, well...

Maybe one day, some currency will replace the US dollar as a reserve currency, it could even be based on crypto technology.
The dollar isn't a reserve currency. Gold is. Because it, unlike any printed or computed money, has an intrinsic value.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 28, 2011, 12:24:37 PM
Btw, what is the connection between SolidCoin and Al-Qaeda?
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
October 28, 2011, 11:57:34 AM
Maybe one day, some currency will replace the US dollar as a reserve currency, it could even be based on crypto technology.

How cool would that be. Suddenly the entity controlling the money wouldn't be the only one printing the money.

There are too many US dollars anyway...
Activity: 154
October 28, 2011, 11:44:21 AM
It doesn't mean a thing. That statement was in relation to Liberty Dollar, who clearly tried to make a currency that resembles the US dollar.

Hey, maybe your right.  But... maybe I'm right.

The US has a funny way of interpreting laws and precedents - and SC put itself in that test chamber.  Don't be stuck holding the bag.

Every post you make you discredit yourself further. I wonder if anyone actually listens to you.

Dude, RS said his goal with 1) to make a currency 2) which is stronger than governments 3) to take over the world.

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but that is some crazy shit.  Crazy shit that I wouldn't want anyone to get wrapped up in due to ignorance.

If you think SC is clean from liability, great.  I don't.
Activity: 1008
October 28, 2011, 11:34:50 AM

The US has a funny way of interpreting laws and precedents - and SC put itself in that test chamber.  Don't be stuck holding the bag.

Every post you make you discredit yourself further. I wonder if anyone actually listens to you.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
October 28, 2011, 11:26:18 AM

+1 and i hate SC,

That nicely written peice of Legal document does not affect us.
I touch only bitcoins.
October 28, 2011, 11:24:43 AM

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
October 28, 2011, 11:21:40 AM

October 28, 2011, 11:21:16 AM
If you think that is the same as mining a SolidCoin, you are dead wrong. And besides, if SolidCoin *is* found guilty in some way of "undermining the US Dollar" (lol) the exact same charge could be brought against Bitcoin.

No.  Bitcoin is open source, and no one in development has ever stated their intent is to subvert governments.  That was fucking retarded on RS's part.

RS screwed up bigtime.

I suggest to anyone who holds/mines SC inside of the US to GET RID OF ANY AND ALL TRACE you ever even had SC on your machine.
October 28, 2011, 11:18:18 AM
What does this mean for people in the US who hold/mine/use SolidCoin?

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins said. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country.”

“We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government,” Tompkins said.

I live in the US.  The above is some scary shit. RS fucked up.

It means that U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins isn't getting enough pussy and feels the need to make grandiose statements to raise her own profile while winning an open-and-shut counterfeiting case.

If you're trying to compare Liberty Dollars to Solidcoin you really won't get very far. Here's what the person she's talking about, Bernard Von NotHaus, was charged with:

"Von NotHaus designed the Liberty Dollar currency in 1998 and the Liberty coins were marked with the dollar sign ($); the words dollar, USA, Liberty, Trust in God (instead of In God We Trust); and other features associated with legitimate U.S. coinage. Since 1998, NORFED has been issuing, disseminating, and placing into circulation the Liberty Dollar in all its forms throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. NORFED’s purpose was to mix Liberty Dollars into the current money of the United States. NORFED intended for the Liberty Dollar to be used as current money in order to limit reliance on, and to compete with, United States currency."

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/charlotte/press-releases/2011/defendant-convicted-of-minting-his-own-currency

If you think that is the same as mining a SolidCoin, you are dead wrong. And besides, if SolidCoin *is* found guilty in some way of "undermining the US Dollar" (lol) the exact same charge could be brought against Bitcoin.

Lrn2facts.
October 28, 2011, 11:05:10 AM
What does this mean for people in the US who hold/mine/use SolidCoin?

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins said. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country.”

“We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government,” Tompkins said.

I live in the US.  The above is some scary shit. RS fucked up.
October 28, 2011, 10:34:54 AM
Standard policy for most channels that have nothing to hide is daily posting of the logs so people can have a searchable record of past conversations.

"Standard Policy"?? Beg pardon? Whose standard exactly? I don't believe there are a council of elders that govern what people do on IRC, but I could be wrong?

Hmmm, I betcha, That if i walk in, And RealSolid is there, I'll beable to bitch about SC's source code not being out, And i'll get banned.

How much longer is this drabble going to go on for? Just leave solid coin and it will die.

-snipped some rude and hateful comments!-

Jeez, well with an attitude like that mister grumpy face you will get banned!

The IRC channel is a place for nice people to discuss ideas about SolidCoin and try to help one another, not to ask for the Source Code over and over and over in new and increasingly less interesting ways. You will get your god damn Source Code, just chill buddy.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
October 28, 2011, 10:13:26 AM
Hmmm, I betcha, That if i walk in, And RealSolid is there, I'll beable to bitch about SC's source code not being out, And i'll get banned.

How much longer is this drabble going to go on for? Just leave solid coin and it will die.

I dont see Anyone Liking it, Just a bunch of Dicks trying to "grab alot of SC's then sell them when their worth something"
And so honestly, If the whole SC market is people like RealSolid, Do you actually expect to earn money off this? Seriously?

Fuck for all he cares he'll start a New chain the second someone gets more coins than he owns. and ban anyone who bitches
and then make a public statement of "there was a bad bug in SC's chain and it needed to be reset, Sorry"
Pages:
Jump to: