Pages:
Author

Topic: Deleted - page 3. (Read 16645 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
June 10, 2014, 06:37:52 AM
You value a company over $500k with no record, no sales and not yet fully functional exchange?

Do you have a working demo that you can show to potential investors?

To accept fiat deposit and withdraw, you will need a money transmitter license. Do you plan to acquire the license? And how much does it cost to acquire such license in UK?

We have a working demo, bank accounts and hardware.

We don't need a license in the UK, although we will be getting one. That costs £50. Yes, a whole £50.

For US and Canadian customers we are hoping to work with Crypto Financial, they do have the licenses.
Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, are those accounts traditional UK based bank accounts, or Isle of Man/Guernsey type accounts?
legendary
Activity: 1067
June 10, 2014, 06:36:23 AM
You value a company over $500k with no record, no sales and not yet fully functional exchange?

To accept fiat deposit and withdraw, you will need a money transmitter license. Do you plan to acquire the license? And how much does it cost to acquire such license in UK?

We don't need a license in the UK, although we will be getting one. That costs £50. Yes, a whole £50.

For US and Canadian customers we are hoping to work with Crypto Financial, they do have the licenses.

1) The sign up script doesn't appear to be working. Could you repost the link with proper email verification method?

2) You sure you don't need money transmitter license in UK? For US, last I check, to operate with full compliance in US, you will need to be licensed in each state. That is the reason there is no major exchange in US. I am not familiar with Cryto Financial, if they have license in US and Canada, why they offer a partnership with you and not run their own exchange? What incentive do you offer them that they can not do themselves?

3) For the 500k valuation, what is the cost breakdown for the platform, hardware, development cost and other expenses? To compete with bitstamp, btc-e and bitfinex, what is your competitive advantage over them? How do you plan to market the exchange and gain trust? What unique feature do you offer to make people use your exchange? And most importantly, what the the expected dividend payout for investor?

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
June 10, 2014, 06:09:02 AM

legendary
June 10, 2014, 03:56:52 AM
I only spent a couple of minutes looking at the code here..  I don't know much about PHP or db_update function, so I could be wrong, but this seems a bit suspect to me.

Can you verify whether this is accepting a POST request from a user and then directly including the user input in a database update with the only validation performed being a check for whether or not it begins with a number?

https://github.com/wlox/wlox-api/blob/master/htdocs/api.php#L9

https://github.com/wlox/wlox-api/blob/master/htdocs/api.php#L28

This seems dangerous, like a potential SQL injection.

While open source software is great for large projects that get lots of eyeballs on them, utilizing a smaller project like this exposes you to a lot of risk.  There are what, 2-3 contributors to safeguard how many users in your target market?  Once there is any amount of financial incentive behind inspecting the code base, such as this code going live somewhere, malicious users will spend countless hours peering through the code for the most miniscule errors that could lead to a compromise.  They'll setup testing environments locally so that their actions aren't detectable until the deed is done.

You should really investigate how the project is managed a bit more, as well.  There appears to be no testing methodology in place..  zero code coverage.   The repository is setup with only the single master branch, which means that any work on new features or changes aren't separated out until they can be confirmed as valid/secure/non-breaking before getting merged...

Just be careful here.. You're working with people's money.

It is indeed a sql injection vulnerability.

Assuming the IPO itself isn't scam, one must question the technical competency of the offer. One must carefully evaluate "free' open source project out there and question why it is free in the first place.

legendary
June 10, 2014, 03:47:14 AM

June 09, 2014, 03:10:44 PM
all these tlds..
Indeed. Working on getting another one that we won't get penalized for on every google but google.co.uk
Activity: 462
Lux e tenebris
June 09, 2014, 03:02:49 PM
all these tlds..
June 09, 2014, 02:58:27 PM
must be a dns propagation thing. thought it was a typo
Ah okay, no the .uk domain comes out tomorrow so I've got a pre-order on it. I also have the rights to it anyway as I own .co.uk
Lux e tenebris
June 09, 2014, 02:48:13 PM
must be a dns propagation thing. thought it was a typo
June 09, 2014, 02:38:06 PM

Ooh that's great. And your own site?
What do you mean? By secured I mean we own it.
Lux e tenebris
June 09, 2014, 02:33:14 PM

Ooh that's great. And your own site?
June 09, 2014, 01:05:51 PM
http://Mimex.uk secured.
June 09, 2014, 12:51:23 PM
2FA?
2FA by authy. Also among other things PGP for email (optional).
legendary
Activity: 1330
June 09, 2014, 12:38:02 PM
2FA?
June 08, 2014, 10:47:55 AM
We have all of the needed funds to finish development of the platform. We will be needing more in the not too distant future but that will be for security/colocation.

Once the platform is ~90% complete we'll go through the next push for funding.

Thanks for the update. That is great news.
I think so. We're currently working on the backend more than anything, in order to make day to day management of the exchange easier for myself. Design implementation begins on Monday.
Activity: 316
Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator
June 08, 2014, 10:44:40 AM
We have all of the needed funds to finish development of the platform. We will be needing more in the not too distant future but that will be for security/colocation.

Thanks for the update. That is great news.
June 08, 2014, 10:07:58 AM

June 04, 2014, 01:17:11 PM
http://imgur.com/a/jw2qk

Second set of designs just came in, still refining them but I think it is looking incredibly sharp.

Progress is advancing rapidly. 1 month ETA

EDIT: Designers for some reason added adverts, of course there will be no adverts.
June 03, 2014, 06:48:25 PM
Second set of drafts coming through tomorrow.

Seen a little preview, already looking very sharp.

After that, we refine and then program. Looking good for the one month ETA
June 02, 2014, 10:58:49 AM
There's plenty of ways to purchase bitcoins in the UK without LBC. I can think of at least three where you can buy them for bank transfer instantly.

Admittedly it's all one way and there is no true "exchange"

but to keep repeating that there is no way to buy them in the UK is just a lie to promote your own business.

https://bitbargain.co.uk/

https://quickbitcoin.co.uk/

https://speedybitcoin.co.uk/

https://bittylicious.com/
I somewhat understand your point, but the markup is still huge and they are not exchanges. We will be the first exchange with access to the UK banking network. Compare our highest fee tier of 0.4% to 5%+ markup and you will understand what I mean.

If bitcoin is to be used as a currency, these fees are far to high. Losing 5%+ purchasing power instantly in unacceptable.
Pages:
Jump to: