Pages:
Author

Topic: Dell.com now accepts bitcoin! - page 2. (Read 5583 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
July 21, 2014, 08:28:56 PM
I think merchnats will keep on being added almost daily with a big one every two or three months, I just wish the price would rise to reflect this.

Price probably rises as new money enters the into the btc market as a result of more merchants accepting btc. However, price is only important if you use btc as an investment/speculation. In this case for merchant and the mass public using btc as a currency, the price is irrelevant. Stability is more important.

maybe stability is more important, but most people here are only concerned about price.. and that's just the way it works. but i do agree that the price does not necessarily reflect its position.
Merchants do not need to worry about price stability as coinbase and bitpay allow merchants to instantly cash out when they receive a bitcoin payment.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 21, 2014, 07:43:18 AM
Dell? Whoa, they ARE bigger than Overstock and DISH combined. Is it really just the media hype? Maybe many companies just don't exactly know what do make of bitcoin and decide to better embrace it to avoid missing the train choo choo!
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
July 21, 2014, 01:43:27 AM
Dell would have been the last company I thought would accept bitcoin. That's unexpected.
Activity: 147
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
July 21, 2014, 01:35:55 AM
Well it's nice that bussnies like this one wich is really big is promoting bitcoin with discount, but it sucks that they dump them for fiat :/
They don't have much other options, Bitcoin haven't evolved to that level yet where people won't dump it for fiat. But maybe in future they might like it acquire more and more btc and all the people will be dumping their fiat for btc.
The fact that dell accepts bitcoin will likely cause others to want to invest in bitcoin and bitcoin related businesses
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
July 21, 2014, 01:33:30 AM
DELL is first PC company to accept Bit coin, Lenovo no, HP no, Asus of course no
Activity: 165
July 20, 2014, 10:58:13 PM
Anyone know if Dell will ship the pc abroad?
Activity: 434
July 20, 2014, 05:59:22 PM
I think merchnats will keep on being added almost daily with a big one every two or three months, I just wish the price would rise to reflect this.

Price probably rises as new money enters the into the btc market as a result of more merchants accepting btc. However, price is only important if you use btc as an investment/speculation. In this case for merchant and the mass public using btc as a currency, the price is irrelevant. Stability is more important.

maybe stability is more important, but most people here are only concerned about price.. and that's just the way it works. but i do agree that the price does not necessarily reflect its position.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
July 20, 2014, 04:42:29 PM
Well it's nice that bussnies like this one wich is really big is promoting bitcoin with discount, but it sucks that they dump them for fiat :/
They don't have much other options, Bitcoin haven't evolved to that level yet where people won't dump it for fiat. But maybe in future they might like it acquire more and more btc and all the people will be dumping their fiat for btc.
Activity: 72
July 20, 2014, 03:56:07 PM
10% bitcoin discount when purchasing alienware laptops too. Awesome.
(Yes I know alienware is overpriced, let's not get derailed please.)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
July 20, 2014, 03:51:09 PM
Activity: 64
July 20, 2014, 03:02:06 PM

It seems to me like everyday more and more cash is going into bitcoin. Hopefully soon demand will outsource supply and cause a spike.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
July 20, 2014, 02:51:16 PM

Activity: 69
July 20, 2014, 02:42:47 PM
Activity: 364
July 20, 2014, 02:38:20 PM
This is awesome.  The list just keeps on growing.

It's been a great year so far in regards to larger sized companies accepting bitcoin. Doesn't seem like the trend is showing any signs of slowing down either.
TYT
Activity: 78
July 20, 2014, 02:26:53 PM
huge news amazon next???

Them or ebay I hope.

please someone tell me how it possible right now to be sure that >50% attack will not be done by someone? any second bitcoin system could be hacked and all btcs stolen.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

LOL. All your btcs are belong to us.
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
July 20, 2014, 02:20:34 PM
huge news amazon next???

They decided against it a few months back. Basically stating that it wasn't "what they were hearing from their customers".

I'm sure by the end of 2014, they'll be accepting.

Overstock.com have proved that it can be a success.
Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power
July 20, 2014, 02:16:44 PM
Great news, the mainstream acceptance train continues. Soon enough we will have all the big technology retailers using Bitcoin. After that it's time for the other industries to jump on the bandwagon.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
July 20, 2014, 02:13:20 PM
huge news amazon next???
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
July 20, 2014, 02:00:34 PM
This type of news always makes me wonder what other companies are considering accepting it as it's not a descision you would make over night.

Every company on the internet basically.  Perhaps some anti bitcoin peeps like apple will show resilience.
Activity: 159
July 20, 2014, 01:53:12 PM
This type of news always makes me wonder what other companies are considering accepting it as it's not a descision you would make over night.
Pages:
Jump to: