Pages:
Author

Topic: Dell.com now accepts bitcoin! - page 4. (Read 5583 times)

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
July 18, 2014, 08:07:58 PM
I am not a dell fan but this is good news for bitcoin. The more retailers that accept it, the higher the price will go. If we can get ebay to start taking it (I doubt it) we will be well on our way to long term success.

have you seen any retail acceptance ever make the price go up?

I don't know how people can not see that retail is a small low value part of the economy
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 18, 2014, 07:57:27 PM
How many of you still use Dell Computers?   I have them for my company, but I stopped using Dell computers a long time ago.  They were always pretty reliable, but never to aesthetically pleasing (I know that shouldn't matter all that much in a laptop selection).  

In terms of Ultra Books at least, I feel like Acer and Asus (for PC) have far surpassed them, but Dell still has the big-time name recognition that will help with bringing BTC to the mainstream.

Maybe Apple will follow suit?   haha jk

dell isn't what it used to be.. i think they recently went private right? but still, their ultrabooks are pretty nice, namely the xps 13.. i like them more than the asus/acer variety. it's slimmer than your average 13.3" laptop and has a lot of nice features, and ultimately feels nicer in my hands.
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
July 18, 2014, 06:58:37 PM
Wow. First NewEgg and now Dell. That is pretty amazing. It's catching on now. Coinbase must have a good sales team.

I wonder if it's coinbase that is actively pursuing this sort of companies? If so, well done.

Dell stated that Coinbase called them a while back but that Dell returned the call 14 days ago.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★☆★Bitin.io★☆★
July 18, 2014, 06:52:22 PM
This is outstanding news. I don't use dell products but this is a great thing for bitcoin. Now we need IBM. 
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 18, 2014, 06:47:02 PM
How many of you still use Dell Computers?   I have them for my company, but I stopped using Dell computers a long time ago.  They were always pretty reliable, but never to aesthetically pleasing (I know that shouldn't matter all that much in a laptop selection).  

In terms of Ultra Books at least, I feel like Acer and Asus (for PC) have far surpassed them, but Dell still has the big-time name recognition that will help with bringing BTC to the mainstream.

You're actually right that Dell is no longer as prevalent in the home computing scene; that's the primary detractor of this story (if there really is one). I wonder if they would transfer the usage of bitcoins over to their commercial sector (where most of their portfolio is currently located). That'd actually be quite an interesting development.
Activity: 252
July 18, 2014, 06:46:12 PM
I am not a dell fan but this is good news for bitcoin. The more retailers that accept it, the higher the price will go. If we can get ebay to start taking it (I doubt it) we will be well on our way to long term success.
Activity: 406
July 18, 2014, 06:36:13 PM
This is great news, it wont be long and everyone will take bitcoin. I can see it just around the corner.
If a few more larger places jump on it could set a trend for the future to come.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
July 18, 2014, 06:29:14 PM
man, all this good news and the price still remains unchanged.. not complaining too much though, it will probably just make the next bull-run more explosive.

To be completely honest, Bitcoin getting accepted by more and more companies would not increase the price, if anything the price would decrease more since those companies immediately sell any bitcoins they acquire from users buying their products...The only way the price would increase is if a large amount of people decide to buy Bitcoin at relatively the same time. Other than that, it's all speculation and doesn't warrant a price increase.

yes this, it makes BTC more transactional than store of value, so possibly early adopters with a stash can cash out their BTC, but the price is pushed down.

What is the benefit to acquire BTC then buy something with it straight away...not much at the moment as it cost a % cost to acquire from fiat. There is a sfatey aspect of not Credit card...and avoiding those fees.

Store of value and large transactions are important. That said, these large players may actually choose to keep a % of BTC...I know I would!

To date though I am not sure and retail adoption has seen the price increase....
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
July 18, 2014, 06:22:44 PM
apple likes playing and negotiating on their own terms.. which is why i think they might not accept bitcoin until or unless it's absolutely necessary - it's because they can't control it.
I think that apple will try to get bitpay or coinbase to lower their price for processing bitcon payments for them before they will start accepting bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
July 18, 2014, 06:11:55 PM

Activity: 743
Merit: 502
July 18, 2014, 06:11:20 PM
another one bytes the dust, and another one and another one, and anotherone bytes the dust!
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 18, 2014, 06:06:34 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first Fortune 100 company to accept transactions in bitcoin isn't it? Next stop, top 50! Anyone thinks this has any impact on possible retail acceptance?

By the way, can someone clarify if we're able to buy stuff from Dell's subsidiaries in BTC?
Activity: 434
July 18, 2014, 05:43:44 PM
apple likes playing and negotiating on their own terms.. which is why i think they might not accept bitcoin until or unless it's absolutely necessary - it's because they can't control it.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
July 18, 2014, 05:37:37 PM
Wow. First NewEgg and now Dell. That is pretty amazing. It's catching on now. Coinbase must have a good sales team.
Apple is going to be forced to accept it or they will lose market share to dell and other tech businesses. Hurry up apple! Lol
Apple might be really slow getting to it, if they are they'll blame it on anything they can.

Although, if Apple starts accepting it, chances are Sony/Samsung/Google will have to start accepting it to compete with Apple, or lose a part of their market, and then other places will have to start accepting Bitcoin to compete, etc.

So we are seeing the slow rise of Bitcoin being accepted in LOTS of places. Makes me quite happy Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 18, 2014, 05:19:41 PM
Apple is going to be forced to accept it or they will lose market share to dell and other tech businesses. Hurry up apple! Lol
Activity: 274
July 18, 2014, 04:29:52 PM

They simply have technology that sells itsef  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
July 18, 2014, 04:18:55 PM
I dont get it. Why is btc price dropping again? . I thought this would be great news + they were offering a 10% discount if you pay with bitcoin which would in theory get people who were in the process of buying from Dell anyway buy BTC first and pay that way ??
confused
I'm On the same page I was expecting it to go around 650 tonight  , But I'll wait for few more hours before making any opinion about it, because its weekend and we might see a price rise on Monday morning or maybe earlier. In recent times adoptions from big companies hasn't made any huge Impact on price , whether we talk about Expedia , newegg or others, but they can't ignore it for longer. Can they its all building up?  
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
July 18, 2014, 04:16:08 PM
Not if those Dell's customers were bagholders...Which I suspect, many many people are after the November Bull Run.

If they didn't sell the bag on the markets, why would they use it to buy hardware?

True, but these type of news actually tend to decrease the price.

But then again, why would someone buy BTC just to buy products online that they could of bought more easily with Fiat?
Well, they wouldn't buy it unless they had a reason, which might just very well be that they want an "anonymous" transaction. (Yes I know BTC is pseudoanonymous)

There also is the 10% discount, so the discount probably outweighs the fees require to buy BTC. You can save up to $150, and I doubt BTC buying fees would be that high, so it does have it's advantages.
Activity: 770
July 18, 2014, 04:11:04 PM
Not if those Dell's customers were bagholders...Which I suspect, many many people are after the November Bull Run.

If they didn't sell the bag on the markets, why would they use it to buy hardware?

True, but these type of news actually tend to decrease the price.

But then again, why would someone buy BTC just to buy products online that they could of bought more easily with Fiat?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
July 18, 2014, 04:09:59 PM

Pages:
Jump to: