Pages:
Author

Topic: deprecated thread. - page 41. (Read 91727 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 102
January 29, 2018, 01:25:52 PM
ALQO is so fantastic - we need to stick together and push this forward!

Let's pay the devs! They deserve it!

Remember: This coin has no premine! (no usable premine after the MasterNode - burns)
Other coins mine 10-25% ahead and are on a strong position to get into exchanges and other markets!
We can change the future! Let's change it! Now!
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 05:24:35 AM
Fill your bags, the current price for ALQO is superb.

Given the things to come in the near future (especially bitfineon), this will probably be the last chance for a cheap buy-in.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
January 29, 2018, 03:15:07 AM
Thank you, smasherx, for the summary of Q&A. It is completely understandable that a great coin needs great developers and these guys don't work for a bottle of whiskey. Proposed 5% fee per block is reasonable and I would vote for it (even if it means slighty less returns).  Wink

right. For every non masternode holder  or miner it really doesn't matter at all. And everybody else will see the good thing about it I think Smiley
Activity: 47
January 29, 2018, 03:12:52 AM
Can anyone help me on the voting process?

Thanks,

Rocky

There is no voting yet.
Activity: 25
January 29, 2018, 03:11:23 AM

Thanks,

Rocky

I think the alqo team will announce the voting and tell us how to participate.

Activity: 6
January 29, 2018, 01:37:18 AM

Thanks,

Rocky
Activity: 573
Merit: 500
Bitcore BTX
January 29, 2018, 12:26:04 AM
selling, catch back up when price is settled after the vote and buy back later in the .000005 range

see ya there
Activity: 658
Merit: 108
January 28, 2018, 05:24:16 PM
Thank you, smasherx, for the summary of Q&A. It is completely understandable that a great coin needs great developers and these guys don't work for a bottle of whiskey. Proposed 5% fee per block is reasonable and I would vote for it (even if it means slighty less returns).  Wink
January 28, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
Hi, I can't open my windows wallet anymore. It says:

Runtime Error! Program: C:\User.... \alqo-qt.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Whats the issue? How can I open it again?

Thanks!

Edit: another error: Failed reading from database. pcoinsTip best block is not correct. The block database is in an inconsistent state and may cause issues in the future. To force start usw forcestart - what do I have to do?

Try to resetup your wallet.

1. save your wallet.dat and masternode.conf
2. delete everything
3. reinstall wallet
4. replace the originally saved files
5. restart your wallet

thank you smasherx!Worked for me!

Didn't want to try it without any knowledge Smiley
Activity: 36
January 28, 2018, 03:17:56 PM
Great summary smasher, thanks alot!  Smiley
Activity: 202
Merit: 24
January 28, 2018, 02:45:12 PM

Runtime Error! Program: C:\User.... \alqo-qt.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Thanks!

Edit: another error: Failed reading from database. pcoinsTip best block is not correct. The block database is in an inconsistent state and may cause issues in the future. To force start usw forcestart - what do I have to do?

Try to resetup your wallet.

1. save your wallet.dat and masternode.conf
2. delete everything
3. reinstall wallet
4. replace the originally saved files
5. restart your wallet
January 28, 2018, 02:23:57 PM
I’ve tried to summarize the live session as of jan 26th.

General things

The Cobinhood listing went not as good as anticipated because other coins had more support than ALQO. This is not good but not the end of the world.
Roadmap is on track!
Next week its planned to roll out the implementation of the zerocoin protocol. Therefore there will be an update fo the QT wallet. The whole procedure (exchange updates etc.) should be done within 2 weeks. This said - Liberio will launch with zerocoin protocol implemented right away.
There will be no impact on masternodes – but wallets should be updated. Everybody will get this information as all communication channels will be used for distributing this message.
Coinfolium update will be released next week! You will be able to choose the classic design or the new design. The new one is a lot more enhanced as it has way more statistics and much more insights on the coins.
BIG topic - Exchanges:
Its been one of the most asked questions in the recent weeks.
Cryptopia is out of reach – 180k . not feasible with the actual setup of ALQO.
Bittrex demands a huge sum too.
Kucoin says it has no listing fee but they demand like 50k ALQO plus 10 BTC for advertising which is OK but quite an amount to pay. Impression is that Kucoin is simply not answering because they fear that we are not able to provide that money.

This said - ALQO needs to evolve

Community wants that ALQO hires new people – ALQO team wants that too.
Community wants to get on big exchanges – ALQO team wants that too.
Atm all people working on the project do it for free and being asked if they would work for ALQO they respond by this being impossible as there are bills to pay or income provided for the family which is totally understandable. And paying them does not mean give them 500 bucks a month – it should be a reasonable amount of money.
Kaan wants to be comparable to PIVX or Phore – and they pay e.g. their community managers a really good salary as they are their figurehead into the open world.
There is only one solution to this without just looking 6 months ahead.

We need some kind of developer fee.

Now you can argue – no we don’t want to have dev fee as this was not the plan. On the other hand you want us to get onto cryptopia and hire people. Kaan & Enes are working part time – Kevin Full time and Kaan would be overly happy to quit his job and devote himself 150% into the project.
Look what the team has achieved with just 2 “halftimers” and one “fulltimer”!
With a dev fund we would be able to do a lot more, a lot faster and possibly even better.

We don’t need that much and our proposal would be 5% of block reward.
This is no decision by now – this is a proposal! As we are a community coin we do this in a democratic way. We need some kind of voting. Not a crappy google sheets voting. We are going to implement a short term voting solution as we don’t have Liberio yet.
e.g. is PIVX asking for 10% but we think we don’t need this large amount of money. Other projects just increased their dev fee recently as they cannot cope with their budgets.

Answers from the Q&A

Bitfineon news: Check out discord – Kaan provided a quick FAQ
Promotion of bitfineon will start when the product is ready. There will be a big marketing campaign as it will be a really big thing in Germany together with all the crazy stuff which will be coming with bitfineon. Fees will have to be paid in ALQO. More about bitfineon to come in the near future

Kaan is not the owner of Coinsmarkets! Who made this statement up???

ALQO dev fee (if it comes!) will not be sold on open market in order to keep prices as they are.

DAO is a very good concept but not the right form of organization right now for ALQO. We should think and talk about it again when bitfineon will be about to be ready and released.

Transparency of dev fund allocation: As transparent as possible!

CMC issue: community member contacted CMC to make this change. The original state needs to be reestablished soon as its easier for the team to speak to officials and so on.

Personal comment:
As the dev fee would be a major change in the setup of ALQO it was no doubt that there would be some kind of reaction of the community. I was anticipating a lot of complains and hatred towards the team as the “no dev fund” allocation had been one “selling point” of ALQO so far. I was completely wrong! Surely there was a discussion and a lot of concerns were raised and spoken about. But the way it has been done was so damn professional! Trading arguments vs. arguments not makin any accusations. Speaking how I feel about it and not “how you can do that to me”. This has shown the real strength of that community and I am really proud of being part of that. The topic has not been settled so far but we will have a decision within a week I guess. However the final statement will be, this was the most professional way such a big issue can be discussed. I’ve never seen something like this in crypto and rarely see this in f2f decision making situations.
January 28, 2018, 01:28:20 PM

Thanks!

Activity: 40
January 27, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
why are they dropping prices like crazy?
Must be the proposed 5% dev fee. Regardless, I see it back above $2 now
Activity: 203
Merit: 101
January 27, 2018, 12:08:42 PM
why are they dropping prices like crazy?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
January 27, 2018, 03:59:59 AM
there was a live stream announced yesterday, but they had some technical issues with the connection...
is a new livestream date announced, yet? Did not find anything

There will be no announcement for today though we are planning to host that session today same time as yesterday because not all issues are certainly resolved. It might not be a failure to drop by and check the Youtube channel out.

they will surely post a summary of the video on here. Or its on youtube to watch it Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
January 27, 2018, 01:06:51 AM
ALQO is showing amazing resistance to the recent total market FUD Smiley

Yep, I think more and more people are realising that quality masternodes are good to hold through times when everything else is dropping  Smiley

Yeah, Alqo really stands out as a project with a vision. I researched a lot of masternodes and my conclusion is that most of them are pure crap. Litteraly. Copy/paste dash, list on small exchanges with low volumes where it's easy to manipulate the price, list yourself on masternodes.online with a 1000-2000-3000% ROI because there are only a few nodes on the network taking all the rewards. It  just IS to good to be true. Do people not understand that when you have no one to buy on the other side, your 3000% ROI is about as real as a duck smoking weed?

The only thing I regret is not getting more than 1 Alqo MN when I got in at 12cts/share. Oh well.

Merited. I agree with this post 100 percent.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
January 26, 2018, 08:41:09 PM
Alqo added to ezpool.net

--======= miner settings =======---

stratum+tcp://eu.ezpool.net:2112
Username: your_alqo_address
pass : x

=============================

good luck
Activity: 43
January 26, 2018, 08:09:58 PM
Here's a summary of the live feed that happened earlier:

New Coinfolium website will be released next week. You will have the option of using the classic version or the new version
Zerocoin implementation is on its way
There will be a vote next week if the community wants to implement a 5% dev fee
The dev fee will allow for the current team members to all start working full time (currently only 1 team member is working full time)
The fee will allow for 2 or 3 more developers to be hired, as well as paying the community/social media managers that are currently working for free
Cryptopia, Kucoin and Coinexchange would all be able to be paid for within a few weeks with the fee

I will definitely be voting yes. This will be able to take the ALQO project to the next level much more quickly!
January 26, 2018, 11:32:35 AM
there was a live stream announced yesterday, but they had some technical issues with the connection...
is a new livestream date announced, yet? Did not find anything

There will be no announcement for today though we are planning to host that session today same time as yesterday because not all issues are certainly resolved. It might not be a failure to drop by and check the Youtube channel out.
Pages:
Jump to: