Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread Aug 15 to Aug 29? prize = $25 picks are closed. - page 5. (Read 5830 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
As always, phil, I hope you're right but I'll be a bit pessimistic:

+3.9 = VRobb

And if I hit I'll donate it back for you to do with as you see fit. Thanks again for keeping the game alive!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
i pick

-1.2 = philipma1957 if it hits I will roll it over.
legendary
oh the spike is back

Sadly yes, but not surprise there  Cry

Picks will start soon about 72 blocks to the start!

Now down to  47 blocks!

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Bitcoin Difficulty:   217,375,482,757
Estimated Next Difficulty:   220,411,281,032 (+1.40%)
Adjust time:   After 1163 Blocks, About 8.0 days
Hashrate(?):   1,675,156,560 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.9 minutes
3 blocks: 29.9 minutes
6 blocks: 59.7 minutes
Updated:   13:30 (1.9 minutes ago)
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
oh the spike is back

Sadly yes, but not surprise there  Cry
legendary
Well soon to see picks

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Bitcoin Difficulty:   217,375,482,757
Estimated Next Difficulty:   220,896,452,545 (+1.62%)
Adjust time:   After 1303 Blocks, About 9.0 days
Hashrate(?):   1,639,226,126 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):
1 block: 10.0 minutes
3 blocks: 30.0 minutes
6 blocks: 60.0 minutes

oh the spike is back

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
What is odd to me. is how eerily similar all the chinese pools are now in size as if they are in some agreement with each other.  Which to me just means one thing.  Its centralized thought amongst the top chinese pools which just throws decentralization out the window.  thats most likely what was discussed at the miners agreement.> lets not cut each others throats.  Just a thought i had .

https://blockchain.info/pools

Best Regards
d57heinz

Who is behind viaBTC pool? I haven't seen this one with such high % before.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
What is odd to me. is how eerily similar all the chinese pools are now in size as if they are in some agreement with each other.  Which to me just means one thing.  Its centralized thought amongst the top chinese pools which just throws decentralization out the window.  thats most likely what was discussed at the miners agreement.> lets not cut each others throats.  Just a thought i had .

https://blockchain.info/pools

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
there are or is  900 ph  of s-7 and avalon 6  and it is going to become worthless over the next 3 months  diff has to slow or drop.

Thats my guess.  Lets see how bad it is on sept 1 then oct 1 then nov 1
I ran my Avalon6 all last winter and spring, but I've had it off all summer due to heat.  I had always planned to bring it back online once things cooled down again, but now I just don't think it's worth it.  Maybe as a lotto machine run a few hours here and there just for fun, but yea all that gear will be falling off the network fairly soon I bet.  I even ran my S5 all that time, too, but doubt I'll ever turn it on again.

My S3 and S1 I keep around in a box just for the memories hehe.

We are in negative territory!

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
there are or is  900 ph  of s-7 and avalon 6  and it is going to become worthless over the next 3 months  diff has to slow or drop.

Thats my guess.  Lets see how bad it is on sept 1 then oct 1 then nov 1
I ran my Avalon6 all last winter and spring, but I've had it off all summer due to heat.  I had always planned to bring it back online once things cooled down again, but now I just don't think it's worth it.  Maybe as a lotto machine run a few hours here and there just for fun, but yea all that gear will be falling off the network fairly soon I bet.  I even ran my S5 all that time, too, but doubt I'll ever turn it on again.

My S3 and S1 I keep around in a box just for the memories hehe.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Difficulty is dropping!

Indeed... I think that this time it may be in sync with the price on the exchanges.
Activity: 462
Merit: 300
Difficulty is dropping!

http://nextdifficulty.com/

NEXT BITCOIN DIFFICULTY CHANGE
Current Hashrate: 1500275 TH/s* - Current price $ 574.224

Conservative: -3.1% -5.4% Continous: -12.2 %

Next Difficulty Value:205695875990

Change will happen on appr. August 30, 2016, 11:09 am
Blocks to solve in this difficulty: 1809
Bitcoin block reward halving date: July 9, 2016, 5:30 pm or -39 days
Last updated August 17, 2016, 12:46 pm GMT, last block: 425583
CURRENT HASHRATE CHART
legendary
I can fund this without a signature campaign until Dec. I would pay 25  a jump vs 50.

I think that even if you'd pay 1$ a jump, people would still come here.
That's because this is a chance for free money and a nice and civilized thread/discussion.

And sooner or later you'll find another good campaign too.

I agree with this, we don't need 50$, 5$ is quite en ought to have some fun ;-)

Ho men, I wanna buy an S9 today ... ROI is still extreme but you know ... Tongue

I grabbed one.  I still see something in the huge amount of s-7's and avalon 6's my power cost with the array  makes my s-9's able to beat a 2 cent s-7   and all the older gear will soon need to be on 2 to 3 cent power.  I just don't see the older gear lasting much longer.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
I can fund this without a signature campaign until Dec. I would pay 25  a jump vs 50.

That's because this is a chance for free money and a nice and civilized thread/discussion.

I agree with this, we don't need 50$, 5$ is quite en ought to have some fun ;-)

Ho men, I wanna buy an S9 today ... ROI is still extreme but you know ... Tongue
legendary
I can fund this without a signature campaign until Dec. I would pay 25  a jump vs 50.

Yeah pretty much my thoughts are that I will get a new campaign flat rate like I did with this one.

Back to diff. 

there are or is  900 ph  of s-7 and avalon 6  and it is going to become worthless over the next 3 months  diff has to slow or drop.

Thats my guess.  Lets see how bad it is on sept 1 then oct 1 then nov 1
legendary

legendary
I'm VERY happy to read about a recovery of your funds.

The big jump of difficulty was in relation with the previous too big drop. Now it should be back to normal and the price should rise too in a few days.

But I have bad news too. Sad From what I've read, this may be the last paid contest of yours until you find another campaign Sad

Yeah I used his funds to put into Bitfinex then would take funds out to pay for this.

I did get almost all funding out of Bitfinex and when I count the funds donated from some fourom members.
I got back 600 of 700.

legendary
I'm VERY happy to read about a recovery of your funds.

The big jump of difficulty was in relation with the previous too big drop. Now it should be back to normal and the price should rise too in a few days.

But I have bad news too. Sad From what I've read, this may be the last paid contest of yours until you find another campaign Sad
legendary
Keep hoping to see some raise in value but seem's small drops were pattern, but that is better then a big drop.   And all news considered could have been far worse.  Last period I got really into 3D printing really neat new hobby so forum activity went down hard to say how many hour's I have already put into it.  Has been a good new hobby though. 

The difficulty jump was higher then I like, which is under 5 is my goal.   I am wondering if big sales are going on with S7's from bitmain to low electricity companies.  They are not focusing on S9 sales to public so   I wonder on those if internal upgrades.   Likely we will never know as they are very good at keeping internal secret's. Either way will be a interesting week to watch most likely.

The problem with s-7 is you need 2 cent power  not 3 cent power.

It is under water at eight cents and soon to be under water at seven then six cents.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Keep hoping to see some raise in value but seem's small drops were pattern, but that is better then a big drop.   And all news considered could have been far worse.  Last period I got really into 3D printing really neat new hobby so forum activity went down hard to say how many hour's I have already put into it.  Has been a good new hobby though. 

The difficulty jump was higher then I like, which is under 5 is my goal.   I am wondering if big sales are going on with S7's from bitmain to low electricity companies.  They are not focusing on S9 sales to public so   I wonder on those if internal upgrades.   Likely we will never know as they are very good at keeping internal secret's. Either way will be a interesting week to watch most likely.
legendary
Thanks for your continued generosity, Phil, and your work at running this fun contest.

The btc world is starting to look more and more like it's going to be 10PH+ farms only, and all the small guys will be pushed out due to high operating costs, high network difficulty, and a sluggish btc value.

If ETH STANDS fast. We may all end up mining it or a replacement GPU coin.

ASIC lock on btc. Is killing it.

Gpu mining uses real pc's real warranties.

You can get a deal here and there I just purchased parts on sale.

3 rx 470s for 550 usd . A mobo for 110 usd a CPU for 50 usd. A m2 ssd for 55  a psu 750 watt titanium for 140

Soft ware and ram for 95. A case for a hundred and this is a total of 1 k for 66mh uses fourhundred watts

And a 3 or more year warranty on all the gear.  Pretty good

I guess I need to get on my warranty replacements.
 I like that  Grin Grin

It will be interesting to see what will happen to the 900ph in s-7 + avalon 6  it is almost all under water.

at 6 cent power the s-7 generation goes red at a diff of  337
 at  7 cent power the s-7 gen    ----- goes red at a diff of  297
at  8 cent power the s-7 gen  ------- goes red at a diff of  253

a new price drop to 500 would really hurt that generation

I have a good power deal and I may buy another s-9 tonight.

but even with the cheap power in the solar array i am not sitting that good.
Pages:
Jump to: