Pages:
Author

Topic: Diff thread oct 29th to Nov 12th picks are closed!! With a bonus reward. - page 12. (Read 8700 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
I have sold 1 more coin  

and look at that pacmic 3, already 95% in, should be done by midmonth at the latest (3-4 weeks earlier than I expected).
if all goes accordingly, it was pretty sweet if someone instabought btc on coinbase for $$, then bought pacmic3 at 0.66
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
We made 255 blocks so far. So picks will start in 5 to 8 hours

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Bitcoin Difficulty:   62,253,982,450
Estimated Next Difficulty:   64,963,362,019 (+4.35%)
Adjust time:   After 1761 Blocks, About 11.8 days
Hashrate(?):   457,396,431 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.7 minutes
3 blocks: 28.9 minutes
6 blocks: 57.9 minutes
Updated:   14:35 (2.5 minutes ago)

coinbase is at 330

and I have sold 1 more coin 
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
My S1 and S3 are still turned off.  Electricity is so expensive here in so. Cal. that it is almost impossible to mine at a profit.  When it gets cold I'll turn them back on for heat and because I really enjoy mining, but for now it still isn't cost effective for me to run anything except my little usb "farm".

Why don't you just sell them here or on eBay?

Why would I want to do that?  I enjoy mining from a technical and tinkering perspective and I still believe that the S3 is the best machine on the market for the average Joe.

My S1 boards are going to gekkoscience in support of the pod miner they are developing, and I'm saving that chassis and controller for when they develop and release full boards.

My S3 will get used all winter again as a solo mining lottery ticket.

The $100 or so I would get for both of them wouldn't be worth it to get rid of them, there's nothing out there better suited for a miner like me.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
While I know this thread is for difficulty changes, and picks remain closed, I just have to comment:

BTCquote price presently shows $326!!!

This is stunning in my opinion. Clearly over the last 60 days, BTC price increases have outpaced difficulty increases. This is a huge surprise compared to the previous year.

I have to think this will lure some latent mining hardware to restart as they might now turn a running profit, even if not really ROI more.

Yes mining is the most profitable now then anytime in the past 11 months,.

Without a doubt their is a some historically interesting context here, one is that the last mining rush left a lot of home-miners burned out from the constant difficulty increases and less valued units. Some moved to cloudmining and were burned as well leading towards less variation in my opinion.

This increase in difficulty will in contrast have fewer independent miners and more consolidated groups raking in the profit and it might be some time till the home-users pick up on this wave again.

In other words it's now paying off to have slogged through for the dedicated miner Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1456
While I know this thread is for difficulty changes, and picks remain closed, I just have to comment:

This is stunning in my opinion. Clearly over the last 60 days, BTC price increases have outpaced difficulty increases. This is a huge surprise compared to the previous year.

I have to think this will lure some latent mining hardware to restart as they might now turn a running profit, even if not really ROI more.

There is a even bigger effect though.  Since people mined during that time all that they held from mining now went up in value.  So it not only helps furture earnings on mining, but past earnings get bigger if minner did not sell coins.

So it's a win/win.  For all the hard it is to be a miner now day's this is a breath of fresh air.
legendary
Merit: 1708

alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

legendary
My S1 and S3 are still turned off.  Electricity is so expensive here in so. Cal. that it is almost impossible to mine at a profit.  When it gets cold I'll turn them back on for heat and because I really enjoy mining, but for now it still isn't cost effective for me to run anything except my little usb "farm".

Why don't you just sell them here or on eBay?
legendary
Activity: 1274
legendary
I think the price isn't causing an increase in difficulty because most likely people didn't power off their miners, they just sold them. So they were running the entire time by someone with cheaper electricity.

Even someone powering up an old S1 isn't going to increase the hashrate at all.

I would agree on the selling of miners.  They just loose value so quick anymore you cant sit them in a corner and not use or each day they loose a little value.  All my old miners I have sold. 

I figure they are each in cheap or "free" electricity places and are running still today on a lot of them.   Some sit and wait till winter but I find this crazy with how they lose value to sit till winter for heat.

Yes, I think the only miners sitting and collecting dust are those 30Gh/s Butterfly labs and those USB Stick miners. Everything else is still hashing away.
legendary
I think the price isn't causing an increase in difficulty because most likely people didn't power off their miners, they just sold them. So they were running the entire time by someone with cheaper electricity.

I would agree on the selling of miners.  They just loose value so quick anymore you cant sit them in a corner and not use or each day they loose a little value.  All my old miners I have sold. 

I figure they are each in cheap or "free" electricity places and are running still today on a lot of them.   Some sit and wait till winter but I find this crazy with how they lose value to sit till winter for heat.
legendary

legendary
Sold a fourth coin today.   got over 325.

all told I sold off 4 coins  1200 for the four.   My power cost will be taken care of until next year.

lets see I burn 2400 plus 500 = 3000 in house that is 72 kwatts a day or 2160 kwatts in a month about 225 plus 87  for the hosted unit

so 312 a month  so I have my power costs taken care of for 4 months.

Lets see us go up and over 400.

Estimated Next Difficulty:   64,211,347,324 (+3.14%)
Adjust time:   After 1870 Blocks, About 12.8 days
Hashrate(?):   446,994,246 GH/s
1 block: 9.9 minutes
3 blocks: 29.6 minutes
6 blocks: 59.2 minutes
Updated:   23:50 (3.3 minutes ago)

http://btc.blockr.io/charts

10-29-2015      153                   9 over

I am just amazed coinbase is currently 336 on price.  I mean we are over a hundred dollars  higher then where we sit forever.  That is just a huge jump.

And difficulty did not just sky rocket... so it's like to fronts with great news.  I just am loving being a miner right now.   It has been a interesting time to say the least.
legendary
Sold a fourth coin today.   got over 325.

all told I sold off 4 coins  1200 for the four.   My power cost will be taken care of until next year.

lets see I burn 2400 plus 500 = 3000 in house that is 72 kwatts a day or 2160 kwatts in a month about 225 plus 87  for the hosted unit

so 312 a month  so I have my power costs taken care of for 4 months.

Lets see us go up and over 400.

Estimated Next Difficulty:   64,211,347,324 (+3.14%)
Adjust time:   After 1870 Blocks, About 12.8 days
Hashrate(?):   446,994,246 GH/s
1 block: 9.9 minutes
3 blocks: 29.6 minutes
6 blocks: 59.2 minutes
Updated:   23:50 (3.3 minutes ago)

http://btc.blockr.io/charts

10-29-2015      153                   9 over
tss
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
bitmain sold out of batch 2 and 3 s7s during the price run up.  if they get delivered as promised i think we can expect to see over 4% this time around
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
I was very close last round. I hope this time I can find the right range. Waiting picks to open.

The price is getting solid again and looking at the Press Section of the forum covers on the economist launches of Bitcoin exchanges and the overall market sentiment leans toward a bullish market and in turn a higher mining difficulty.
The picks and the settlement this round will be fun to watch.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485
Rollbit.com Crypto Futures
I was very close last round. I hope this time I can find the right range. Waiting picks to open.
legendary
Coin price is strong and getting stronger, we finally got over the dip that XT caused.  I think we'll see sub-5% for most of this winter, 70G network difficulty coming soon!  Lips sealed

if btc wants to average 10% while diff averages 5% it works for me.

when coins were at 1000 usd the best gear was about 2 watts and diff was tiny.

we can sit and argue that btc was overvalued back in nov of 2013 and we can sit and argue coins are undervalued at 310 in nov of 2015.

truth is the history of btc is too short to really get an idea of the true worth of a coin.

I would like to see coins doing a nice upward move for the next two months out pacing the diff.

An amazing thing my two batch 1 s-3's are still pulling in a profit (2.5 cent power costs)

Just kicking myself for not having begged, stealed or borrowed when we were down at $220.... Oh well will just have to settle for cranking the Miners up to max and generate what I can now.

Rich

well I pushed hard in late august
I now have 16th in cloud from bitmaintech ----------------- this is ending soon.
2 in hand s-7's
1 hosted s-7
4 s-3's
some sidehack sticks.
comes to just over 31th

I never had 31th working fo me. until this week.
I would love to see a big coin move over 400
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coin price is strong and getting stronger, we finally got over the dip that XT caused.  I think we'll see sub-5% for most of this winter, 70G network difficulty coming soon!  Lips sealed

if btc wants to average 10% while diff averages 5% it works for me.

when coins were at 1000 usd the best gear was about 2 watts and diff was tiny.

we can sit and argue that btc was overvalued back in nov of 2013 and we can sit and argue coins are undervalued at 310 in nov of 2015.

truth is the history of btc is too short to really get an idea of the true worth of a coin.

I would like to see coins doing a nice upward move for the next two months out pacing the diff.

An amazing thing my two batch 1 s-3's are still pulling in a profit (2.5 cent power costs)

Just kicking myself for not having begged, stealed or borrowed when we were down at $220.... Oh well will just have to settle for cranking the Miners up to max and generate what I can now.

Rich
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
For optimum BTC after power cost, I had to turn UP the max voltage on my SP20s with the last diff change.  They at now at 0.71V (1.4T-1.5T each).  I never imagined I would be running these so high after 10 months of mining.  I even made ROI during the last diff.  I'm not complaining!
Pages:
Jump to: