Pages:
Author

Topic: [DIG] DIGIT [X13] |Available For Takeover! | - page 4. (Read 78071 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Earlier i was opposed to cutting the PoW sooner than the planned date, but now even i am turning to agree with others. Security may become an issue with that low hash rate. I suggest to cut in a month or two. So people who are late can still mine a bit, but not for long.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
thanks for this poll DSF... (poll to be found all the way up the page, above the pagenumbers)

* I'm for changing to full POS

* Motivation : currently too few miners still mining, making the network weak. Also the principle of equal distribution among people
                     with POW is gone with these few miners.

Same
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
thanks for this poll DSF... (poll to be found all the way up the page, above the pagenumbers)

* I'm for changing to full POS

* Motivation : currently too few miners still mining, making the network weak. Also the principle of equal distribution among people
                     with POW is gone with these few miners.
DSF
Activity: 151
Poll added. Please consider your answer carefully before voting. We would be happy to read your additional comments below.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
main question is where is this coin going? Huh

update-- nethash up 82mhs
Has Digit development team considered changing the POW algo at least? for Neoscrypt maybe? Would that require having the coin relaunched?  

What would be the benefit of changing algo again? In my opinion there is no need to change.

I've been opposed to making any changes thus far but I think we're getting close to the point where recovery for the coin will be impossible. We're almost down to 1 sat now and not many coins ever come back from that point.

I feel something has to happen and soon.

I agree. Personally i feel we arrived at a point that changing to POS should be discussed openly between the community and DSF, if necessary make a poll or something
to see how many users feel like switching to POS... i have a feeling you find a majority in favor for changing to POS at this point.
Changing the POW algo is not the answer i think, we already tried that with switching from scrypt to X13 .. we dont need another relaunch / algo switch hardfork, specially after what happened with the last one.

Also there arent many mining anyways .. just 3 people according info on the pool MineP.it

net hash : 11.15 MH/s
pool hash : 11.58 MH/s,  number of workers 3

Do we really wanna keep the POW for just 3 people still mining ? and thereby leaving the network incredibly weak ?

Can we please have a reply DSF...

Agree
legendary
Has Digit development team considered changing the POW algo at least? for Neoscrypt maybe? Would that require having the coin relaunched?  

What would be the benefit of changing algo again? In my opinion there is no need to change.

I've been opposed to making any changes thus far but I think we're getting close to the point where recovery for the coin will be impossible. We're almost down to 1 sat now and not many coins ever come back from that point.

I agree. Personally i feel we arrived at a point that changing to POS should be discussed openly between the community and DSF, if necessary make a poll or something
to see how many users feel like switching to POS... i have a feeling you find a majority in favor for changing to POS at this point.
Changing the POW algo is not the answer i think, we already tried that with switching from scrypt to X13 .. we dont need another relaunch / algo switch hardfork, specially after what happened with the last one.

Also there arent many mining anyways .. just 3 people according info on the pool MineP.it

net hash : 11.15 MH/s
pool hash : 11.58 MH/s,  number of workers 3

Do we really wanna keep the POW for just 3 people still mining ? and thereby leaving the network incredibly weak ?

Can we please have a reply DSF...

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

A more fair distribution for CPU and GPU mining. I believe there are already ASICs for X13.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Has Digit development team considered changing the POW algo at least? for Neoscrypt maybe? Would that require having the coin relaunched?  Huh

We have bought additional 300 000 DIG for contributors! Advertise, make a pull request or participate in any way you can and earn your reward!

When and where did you buy these from? Can't see any volume on any of the listed exchanges and Bittrex are showing the delisting warning again.

We had buy orders up on Bittrex for last weeks. They got slowly filled day by day.

Ah OK got ya
DSF

We have bought additional 300 000 DIG for contributors! Advertise, make a pull request or participate in any way you can and earn your reward!

When and where did you buy these from? Can't see any volume on any of the listed exchanges and Bittrex are showing the delisting warning again.

We had buy orders up on Bittrex for last weeks. They got slowly filled day by day.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hi guys, I keep getting this error :

st13runtime_error
init_blockindex(): error opening database environnement IO error.

Do you have any clue ? I have to re-sync the digit wallet at least 1 time very 3 launch of the wallet.... it's a bit annoying...

Thanks !
DSF

I need the PORTS for Solo Mining. The current conf file does not have rpcport and port information. How can I solo mine without these Ports?

You can assign any port you want and is free. You can always see any wallet default ports by clicking help - console - command-line options.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Muroko Blados

I need the PORTS for Solo Mining. The current conf file does not have rpcport and port information. How can I solo mine without these Ports?
Guys, they have said that they will not cut the period. And in my opinion theres no need for a cut. Let it run on low mhs for few months. It doesnt hurt because theres not many coins created by PoW if diff is low.
If pow is cut, then bittrex probably will trade even less.
legendary

Whereas it's fine to express your opinion and criticize our decisions, we feel that some of your claims are rather imprecise. We feel that the move to X13 was announced well ahead with public statements made in quite literally every social media site and forum related to DIGIT, making the news exceptionally difficult to miss. 

In the end, we declined only two addresses because those were sent in very late. 79 accounts were fully compensated. There were many reasons to move to X13 and we believe that the decision is justified.

For now, we're still here to stay but not pushing any huge changes in the near future. However, we might be looking into some visual re-designs and additional advertising for the coin. We're also actively keeping track of the coin's progress, fixing bugs, communicating with the community and searching for a lead developer as stated before. Furthermore, we're willing to motivate any contributors with significant amounts of DIG, warmly welcoming anyone willing to do their part in making DIGIT more advanced & popular.

bittrex says This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest.

It's time to cut down pow amount and increase block amounts to pure pos.

i'm starting to agree with hero18688, not only because bittrex is unlisting us but also because of the following :

Pools :

digit.5limi.com : no workers / no hashrate
[email protected] : in maintenance for weeks now, not allowing to mine Digit there .. we might as well remove it from first page
minep.it : 6.6 MH (0 workers ?)

Total Network hashrate  : 63.7 MH

Exchange Bittrex : delisting Digit due to low volume / not enough customers
Exchange Allcoin : very low volume for weeks now, i wouldnt be surprised if we get delisted from there too one of these days
Exchange Cryptoine : same as above

There is just not enough POW being done by miners to justify the one year mining period anymore

Pages:
Jump to: