Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1085. (Read 3058816 times)

RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
Buying in progress Cheesy

I was so lucky, I registered on bitstamp on the 3rd of Jan and this hack happened just after.
Happy that I did not get involved in that site any further.

Most likely, it will, or already has happened, to all of them at some point. It's how they handle it when it happens that seperates the pros from the script kiddies. Remember, the underlying systems that run the exchanges are extremely complicated and there is always going to be a security hole somewhere, code, inside job or human error, it's there waiting and they are all constantly under attack.

Happens to MC and VISA multiple times a day but no mention is made unless it's huge. Same with banks. A certain amount of funds are set aside to deal with fraud and loss from theft but you don't hear about it unless it's massive. Let's see how Bitstamp comes out of this and what their final explanation is for the loss before we throw them under the bus...

Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Just because others are doing it, doesn't mean we need to follow suit. Doesn't make us unique and then defeats the whole idea of long term. Don't think its a wise idea.

YC

No need to do that. Work on what we have. Already takes enormous work and you risk cannibalizing the existing brand.

YC

Should we create a coin called "DigiBit Coin (DBC)" and having 1byte = 8bit of coin, that comes to (21*8 ) billion in total supply with no premine? Smiley
In the mean time add some new tech to this new coin and make the marketing of DigiByte along with it? Cheesy ??

Yes, you might be right. Because people are more interested in the newly created coins.
Don't know why, but even if they are scams, people buy it blindly...
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
legendary
No need to do that. Work on what we have. Already takes enormous work and you risk cannibalizing the existing brand.

YC

Should we create a coin called "DigiBit Coin (DBC)" and having 1byte = 8bit of coin, that comes to (21*8 ) billion in total supply with no premine? Smiley
In the mean time add some new tech to this new coin and make the marketing of DigiByte along with it? Cheesy ??

Yes, you might be right. Because people are more interested in the newly created coins.
Don't know why, but even if they are scams, people buy it blindly...

YC

legendary
legendary
Activity: 465
Merit: 250
@dev,

Today I download DigiBit, which is a MultiBit port, and try to use it. I like it so much coz it doesn't require to download the full blockchain

However, when I try to import private key from the core wallet and import it into this wallet, I get the following error:

The private keys unlock failed. The error was "Could not understand address in import file"

Having a closer look, private keys of this wallet start with letter "Q", while private keys of the core wallet start with letter "L" or "K"

It makes no sense private keys of these wallets are not compatible. Could you please have a look and get it fixed?

Thanks

This is actually due to an error with the QT wallet that has since been fixed and that I wasn't aware of when releasing Digibit. I'll get it fixed up asap and release a new version of digibit.

Are you using Windows?

Okay have updated the checkpoint file and tested importing private keys starting with both K and L sucesfully. You should be fine just to install it but you may want to backup the Digibit folder in appdata\roaming just to be sure

Windows - https://mega.co.nz/#!nkFGjTCY!44SEsFEwrgfCaOZ2oCi59Xe7IV3ZjUa546ueZEcLS1U
Linux - https://mega.co.nz/#!y1FXCAiZ!hLBt_8-X6exxk9eTufvrZkG4EhS1yjOqxTMQTSkafFQ

I'll get OSX updated tomorrow.

Cheers.

Confirm importing private keys from the core wallet works for me now. Thanks for the quick fix

Will you update the github source too?

P.S.: I also find that Android wallet has the same problem (private keys of Android wallet start with letter "Q" as well). Please alert the Android dev to fix it
Activity: 638
You guys have an iOS wallet also? It is not in the Apple App Store?

Tested and working,not official released.  Coming soon;)

p.s good to see you here Grin

Grin Same same

Just recently discovered this juwel of a coin.
Welcome! I think we will surprise those price ranges. It's a matter of time!

YC

i remember trading DGB months ago...had no problem holding a wall in the 40's, i bought some and sold in the 70's ....would not be surprised to see it back up there  Grin

Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Tested and working,not official released.  Coming soon;)

p.s good to see you here Grin
Activity: 638
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
I may have to stop using the android wallet. I can't find any way to turn off that  LOUD "coins sliding" sound when coins enter my wallet. Always scares the hell out of me when it goes off. Sad

Activity: 532
i remember trading DGB months ago...had no problem holding a wall in the 40's, i bought some and sold in the 70's ....would not be surprised to see it back up there  Grin

Well definitely going back up there  Wink
Activity: 335
In 3 days Digibyte is 1 year old, any good news for birthday ? Is Digibyte team going to bitcoinexpo ?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

legendary
Digibyte,will you attend/speak on the bitcoinexpo londen?

I also need to know this. I will try to catch if DGB is going to be there.

Jared???
Jump to: