Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1087. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Digibyte,will you attend/speak on the bitcoinexpo londen?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Has anyone used sph-sgminer to mine skein on DigiByte? What GPU mining software is everyone using for skein?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Curious what the community thinks:

Miners seem to be losing lots of money in Bitcoin right now due to expenses exceeding price. As a result, miners are leaving BTC as it is not profitable, which could then cause a deeper decline in BTC price. Has anyone else heard the same?

YC

I was having this discussion with a friend today.  We were thinking that as more and more places accept bitcoin it will drive the price down since most of BTC that is used for that type of transaction has been from miners not people buying BTC to then buy something.  When a big online store accepts bitcoin, for the most part they are just accepting the btc, selling the btc for fiat and further driving the price down.  Just our thoughts

Yes this is unfortunately true. Bitcoin for merchants and business are not so reliable due to its volatility. Imagine you have taken credit from the bank and started doing a business and you have to pay those credits starting from other months. If you keep those coins, then you are risking your business. Instead, you would want to convert those btcs to whatever the price was when the consumer bought your product. Then you are safe. This can only change when bitcoin is semi-regulated (maybe) if you ask me, volatility is a huge problem, and it will determine the future of crypto.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
hey everyone Smiley wondering if anyone can help me, im having trouble getting my wallet to sync i have updated to the latest version and it seems to be stuck at block 414819, like 3 days behind, it has been doin this for about 24 hours now, if anyone could help me i would much appreciate it Smiley thanks

Hi

Had the same problem this morning with a friends wallet.

Try running "C:\Program Files\Digibyte\Digibyte-qt -reindex"

It took a bit of time to do the reindex, but it's working fine now.  I'd suggest you take a backup of your wallet.dat before you start, just in case.

Activity: 36
hey everyone Smiley wondering if anyone can help me, im having trouble getting my wallet to sync i have updated to the latest version and it seems to be stuck at block 414819, like 3 days behind, it has been doin this for about 24 hours now, if anyone could help me i would much appreciate it Smiley thanks
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Miners seem to be losing lots of money in Bitcoin right now due to expenses exceeding price. As a result, miners are leaving BTC as it is not profitable, which could then cause a deeper decline in BTC price. Has anyone else heard the same?

YC

I was having this discussion with a friend today.  We were thinking that as more and more places accept bitcoin it will drive the price down since most of BTC that is used for that type of transaction has been from miners not people buying BTC to then buy something.  When a big online store accepts bitcoin, for the most part they are just accepting the btc, selling the btc for fiat and further driving the price down.  Just our thoughts

So this is a hard question as there are many causal reasons for price to go up and down, on these forums many thoughts have been put forth.  What is even harder to understand, and rarely discussed, is the difference in time associated with each of these effects.  So if one believes that more retailers converting Bitcoin to Fiat results in price deprecation the question is what is the time and rate of this depression in cost.  Certainly the time for this decrease in price will be different (faster or slower) than the price change from people ceasing to mine.  Less miners might result in fear about Bitcoin which could drive the price down.  However, if those miners who drop out are the same miners who were just converting to Fiat immediately this will actually remove selling pressure leading to a rise in the price of Bitcoin.  Again the hard part here is in understanding the strength and time delay associated with this activity.  A real economist would create a system dynamics model to simulate these linkages.  What makes it even harder is that this is really the first major cycle for crypto currency so we have no other proxy models to base analysis upon.  Remember Bitcoin technology doesn't need peta-hash+ level capability to operate that was only a second order consequence of the arms race caused by people wanting Bitcoin.

In the short term I think price direction will be more heavily influenced by what ever factor will happen fastest; likely this is neither adoption by companies nor erosion of faith from a decrease in hash-power.  Those two factors probably operate on a time-frame of 6 months to maybe even a year.  So we need to identify a factor that operates in a time frame of ~3 months to understand the near term factors which most heavily influence BTC. ( I think day trading and bots at this point are likely draining on the price on the same order as miners are dumping).  From a psychological perspective we must consider the endowment effect were a person will neither sell at a level nor is willing to acquire more.  At $260-$280 I will not buy any bit coin nor will I sell the once I have.

In one re-guard BTC is a victim of its own success, it hitting a large market cap in beta makes it hard to incorporate new ideas as a failure would destabilize a multi-billion dollar industry.  Altcoins such as DGB can push with much less fear, consider the 2 hardforks on this coin, that would be much harder for BTC at this point.  However, this enables substantial improvement and testing.  Most alt-coins have been scams or poor clones offering nothing, however, some good ideas have emerged and they have pushed forward crypto.  The fate of BTC in my mind will be in its ability to reap the best ideas developed in the crypto world over then coming years.  If they can reap the best ideas and incorporate them either directly or as add on then it will continue to grow as it provides more value to a large base.  If it fails other coins that can deliver better value will superseded its first mover advantage.  I don't think anyone has yet imagined what all this new technology will eventually deliver but it becomes clearer every day that this is powerful technology, but it might take a decade to really see where it is all going.

Those are a few of my thoughts since you asked...in regard to DGB, this coin has proven it can innovate in a fast and efficient manner.  I hold several million for that reason.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100

YC

I was having this discussion with a friend today.  We were thinking that as more and more places accept bitcoin it will drive the price down since most of BTC that is used for that type of transaction has been from miners not people buying BTC to then buy something.  When a big online store accepts bitcoin, for the most part they are just accepting the btc, selling the btc for fiat and further driving the price down.  Just our thoughts
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Hi Dev:

the Official DigiHash Pool for scrypt is not payout ,
     can you check it .

We have fixed the pool, reset it and all payouts should have been pushed out. Please let us know you received your payouts!

can't receive the coin from scrypt pool again . 
   so i think not fix the issue ,
We are checking in to this again.
Activity: 924

YC
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Hi Dev:

the Official DigiHash Pool for scrypt is not payout ,
     can you check it .

We have fixed the pool, reset it and all payouts should have been pushed out. Please let us know you received your payouts!

can't receive the coin from scrypt pool again . 
   so i think not fix the issue ,
Activity: 658
Activity: 750
legendary
Why nobody is selling? Come on people, I am waiting from last night Cheesy

I've been waiting since last night too!! What have you put your order in at 16 SAT?

See if you put order for 20 SAT

I am just buying slowly whenever I see a sell wall at low @16-17-18, but of course, if there is anything lower...
I sometimes put a buy order but nothing much, I don't want the price to climb too quickly Wink  Kiss
Otherwise, I could have placed a XX BTC buy order if I really wanted to Cheesy Cheers.
Activity: 514

I've been waiting since last night too!! What have you put your order in at 16 SAT?

See if you put order for 20 SAT
Activity: 42

Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Weaks hands are out, most of the holders now know that 15/16 sat is to low Smiley
legendary
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
So I apologize if this has been covered but could someone let me know if the cold storage options have been updated / completed?  I am officially a Dad now and want to throw some DGB into cold storage for my son that was just born. 

Thanks!
~Kayahoga

Congratulations on the newborn son!

Are you looking for a paper wallet? Or more of a USB solution?

As of right now you can encrypt a USB device with a password and back your wallet.dat file up to it.

Thanks for the reply.  I was originally thinking of getting a paper wallet and store it in a safety deposit box but I might do both options.  You can have multiple copies of a paper wallet correct?  I was thinking of keeping 1 copy secured at home and one in the safety deposit box.

Activity: 728
Activity: yes
Is there any way to know the total coins in circulation right now?

I didn't find that information in the block explorer api nor the dgb wallet itself (rpc calls).

thanks Smiley

This looks like what you want.
http://digiexplorer.info/api/status?q=getTxOutSetInfo

Indeed! thank you Tongue
Activity: 750
Is there any way to know the total coins in circulation right now?

I didn't find that information in the block explorer api nor the dgb wallet itself (rpc calls).

thanks Smiley

This looks like what you want.
http://digiexplorer.info/api/status?q=getTxOutSetInfo
Jump to: