Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1491. (Read 3058806 times)

Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Anyone on the P2P Mining Man Pool (currently 2 miners) please find an alternative P2Pool, it will be closing in 24 hours. Not worth me keeping it open with barely any use.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel
Digibyte its headed to be less every week and to defend its network with DigiShield which gives a better price because MP's cannot dump a escarse coin and miners will think twice when selling his DGB's the volume of coins being sold will decrease and the dump era will hit an end, give it more time and this price will double with the next BTC PUMP by the end of March btw... after that we will see what future comes to us and i hope we went in a PoS stage with a 1 year ETA.

My $.2 Digi's
Activity: 285
The prices wouldn't immediately change, it takes time.
No one knows, you may of seen it was getting pumped the last few days, particularly on mintpal, lots of rumors why that was.
Activity: 434
Is the DigiShield going to bring stability to the price/increase the price?  Its been bottoming out.
Activity: 335
Net Hashrate in not stable because Multipool are using autoscrypt to jump to the more profitable crypto. Since DigiShield, Multipool are trying to come, but leave some minutes after joining.  Multipool owner will have to fix their scypt ^^.

For the reject, it didn't change, example on one of my miner: 22000 Accepted 199 rejects.
Activity: 77
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  a joke:DGB has been facked by big hash once and once again ~

Kinda lost you there.. Are you trying to be serious, or sarcastic? Tongue
sounded like you were calling dgb a joke
i just complain the net hash is so unstable,so the price is down down down
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Thanks for the answers about p2pool and mulit 300kh/s machines.

"If" it happens that digishield also puts pool mining into trouble, it would mean that dgb can only be mined correctly through p2pool.
In one hand, it is great in terms of decentralization, and 51% protection
In the other hand, it would laso mean losing lots of miner which means we can't garantee a stable and high hashrate..

Anf for those who seem astomished by high /low rate changes, its is exactly the purpose of digishield, adapt dynamically to global hash power, and it works !

I think the peaks are due du multi pool that didn't notice that digishield was live, with a big hash power , and just a few seconds mining you can artificially pump the difficulty for next blocks, but it will also drop fast.
Activity: 70
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  a joke:DGB has been facked by big hash once and once again ~

Kinda lost you there.. Are you trying to be serious, or sarcastic? Tongue
sounded like you were calling dgb a joke
Activity: 77
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  a joke:DGB has been facked by big hash once and once again ~
also it seems that when the diff changes and no shares are accepted, the diff will change again then i will get the rejects.  

so it would say "network diff set to 9
stratum from pool 0 detected new block."
"network diff set to 10"
stratum from pool 0 detected new block"

as my miners are still hashing at diff of 9 then changes to 10, at the 10 diff is where i would get the rejects of shares.  

can someone explain

Sounds like theres only one solution!

P2Pooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Start using p2pools
Activity: 479
also it seems that when the diff changes and no shares are accepted, the diff will change again then i will get the rejects. 

so it would say "network diff set to 9
stratum from pool 0 detected new block."
"network diff set to 10"
stratum from pool 0 detected new block"

as my miners are still hashing at diff of 9 then changes to 10, at the 10 diff is where i would get the rejects of shares. 

can someone explain
Activity: 479
// Maximum 400% adjustment...
        bnResult *= 200;

Is there something we are over looking here? With a much higher (actual) hash load will this adjustment act differently? What are the dangers of allowing very large diff swings like this?

Also, with a higher difficulty # like the 10-20 range we currently see, will we see any other phenomena that we can't test in the low hash test-net environment? Are we on the right path? What are your thoughts?

I think this might give miners a lot (as in, A LOT) of rejects as soon as the difficulty adjusts, unless your tests say otherwise.
Good point to consider! Thanks for the feedback! We will look at that more in depth.

Told you so.. Tongue

hey digibyte.  been mining at coinium and since the new diff took place the diff has been all over the place.  never consistant.  it will go from 8 to 9 then jump to 12 to 15 then back now to 7.  cna you explain as to why it does this.  and im getting much more rejects with this new diff change.  plz explain.

Difficulty jumps up and down dynamically but this should not be problem, it is to be expected from retarget each block, also right now there still large swings in net hashrate.
You can mine on PPLNS pool (such as digiforce.cc) which will smoothen rewards for you.
About reject rate, can you provide more data? I am both mining and administrating pool and i did not notice increase in rejects.

it is a problem as the diff changes all the time. this gives me knew block and can get lots of rejects.  i try to stay under 1 percent and now i get 3 to 5 percent.  not good as thats shares im not getting.  

edit now diff is 46  wow
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
        bnResult *= 200;

Is there something we are over looking here? With a much higher (actual) hash load will this adjustment act differently? What are the dangers of allowing very large diff swings like this?

Also, with a higher difficulty # like the 10-20 range we currently see, will we see any other phenomena that we can't test in the low hash test-net environment? Are we on the right path? What are your thoughts?

I think this might give miners a lot (as in, A LOT) of rejects as soon as the difficulty adjusts, unless your tests say otherwise.
Good point to consider! Thanks for the feedback! We will look at that more in depth.

Told you so.. Tongue

hey digibyte.  been mining at coinium and since the new diff took place the diff has been all over the place.  never consistant.  it will go from 8 to 9 then jump to 12 to 15 then back now to 7.  cna you explain as to why it does this.  and im getting much more rejects with this new diff change.  plz explain.

Probably he is talking about shares reject.. How is that connected to the coin?
We have not noticed an increase in rejects. We have, however, noticed an increase the amount of coins we mine as the diff/reward is more consistent that before when we would be "stuck" for a few hours following a large hash down swing.

Yes there are some big jumps and dips in the difficulty. Its suppose to do that with big up or down turns in net hash. It is far more responsive to net hash changes then the Kimoto Gravity well. Which be by the way, we found could still get "stuck" for awhile with a large hash down turn. It also can get isntamined for awhile with a large hash increase.

We now have the most responsive difficulty retarget system of any coin out there. It litterally only takes 2-4 blocks to adjust to a doubling of the net hash or a massive downswing.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
keep it steady people!
there are many miners that have DiGi in their profit list!
the diff is low and its easily manipulated.
when the diff will start to grow this will change a lot

Difficulty jumps up and down dynamically but this should not be problem, it is to be expected from retarget each block, also right now there still large swings in net hashrate.
You can mine on PPLNS pool (such as digiforce.cc) which will smoothen rewards for you.
About reject rate, can you provide more data? I am both mining and administrating pool and i did not notice increase in rejects.

Ask canman man.. I'm mining too..  I havent noticed any change in rejects either Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
        bnResult *= 200;

Told you so.. Tongue

Probably he is talking about shares reject.. How is that connected to the coin?
Jump to: