Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 676. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
May I ask why you use drupal? I don't see anything on digibyte.co that specifically needs a CMS.
Why not? There's a lot of content at the website and it makes perfectly sense to use a flexible content mangagement system for that. If they want to change something, they're just a few clicks away.

What would you suggest instead?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

I am really impressed by the growing number of quality posts being made in the form of knowledgeable questions and suggestions about both specific technicals and general promotional avenues and ideas, as well as, and perhaps even more so, with the expressed desires to contribute (and continue doing so, as may be the case). Really phenomenal!

Couple that with the open source spirit of transparency and collaboration that is so evident throughout this thread - throughout the entire project for that matter - and it becomes extremely difficult to imagine anything but long term success for DigiByte.

This suggests to me that DGB is getting legs and really starting to get a life of its own. There have been so many "before's and after's" with DigiByte, that I hesitate to call this another key turning point, but it most certainly looks like one when seen from the community's point of view and I think we might look back on the autumn of 2015 as the time when the DigiByte community exploded in numbers, abilities and skill sets and really came of its own.

It's great to have you all aboard!

HR,

We couldn't agree more. We feel the time has come to do a few things, starting with the main DigiByte website. We would like to open source it and add it to GitHub so anyone can contribute. The site is currently built upon Drupal. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to do this?

May I ask why you use drupal? I don't see anything on digibyte.co that specifically needs a CMS.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

I am really impressed by the growing number of quality posts being made in the form of knowledgeable questions and suggestions about both specific technicals and general promotional avenues and ideas, as well as, and perhaps even more so, with the expressed desires to contribute (and continue doing so, as may be the case). Really phenomenal!

Couple that with the open source spirit of transparency and collaboration that is so evident throughout this thread - throughout the entire project for that matter - and it becomes extremely difficult to imagine anything but long term success for DigiByte.

This suggests to me that DGB is getting legs and really starting to get a life of its own. There have been so many "before's and after's" with DigiByte, that I hesitate to call this another key turning point, but it most certainly looks like one when seen from the community's point of view and I think we might look back on the autumn of 2015 as the time when the DigiByte community exploded in numbers, abilities and skill sets and really came of its own.

HR,

We couldn't agree more. We feel the time has come to do a few things, starting with the main DigiByte website. We would like to open source it and add it to GitHub so anyone can contribute. The site is currently built upon Drupal. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to do this? Bitcoin.org does provide a great example for how to allow multiple contributors but perhaps there is a better way without migrating the entire site. We also will be adding the OP of this thread to a Github repo for people to help edit.

We would like to start a DigiByte project section that will allow people to contribute DigiBytes toward specific projects they want to see completed and a place for developers to come and see what needs to be done. Right now with 20+ software platforms and counting we see growing pains from time to time that others can much more efficiently help with. Long story short, we want to help get the community more organized and efficiently utilized. We would like to here everyones thoughts and ideas on how this can best be accomplished. Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1198
A new digibyte SCRYPT pool has opened : https://dgb-scrypt.theblocksfactory.com
The good news, it is a pity there is not a lot earn  Sad But it is always so
I saw some big Scrypt miners (1 & 5 gh/s) on my WDC pool. Maybe they will come on the DGB pool Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
A new digibyte SCRYPT pool has opened : https://dgb-scrypt.theblocksfactory.com
The good news, it is a pity there is not a lot earn  Sad But it is always so
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

This goes for me too, great to see new community members willing to help and contribute where they can as well as adding fresh input and eyes to the project.  Smiley

This might be a good time to remind people that anyone running a full core wallet is adding a node to our network, it does not need to have any DigiByte in it but it does need to be connected to the internet. Nodes are critical to the decentralized DigiByte network and just by having one you are supporting this project in one of the best ways that everyone can.  Wink
Activity: 270
Lovin' Crypto
Great seeing dgb standing strong while other alts are dropping like flies

In 2 years from now people are going to praise my signature, been saying it for a long time!

And in a few years they will regret they didn't read mine! Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1198
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

legendary
Activity: 988

In 2 years from now people are going to praise my signature, been saying it for a long time!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
It'd be cool if there was a Wordpress or Joomla extension to accept Digibyte as payment, would open the door for so many merchants
Activity: 275
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
   Looks like DigiByte is developing well, the gaming & new market are great to see. Don't forget to keep the ANN / OP updated, a few pools / exchanges are missing & some are very important too anyone who utilizes it for a reference. Let me know if you ever need a hand with updates (https://github.com/TestingCrypto/BBcode), I post everything on github to show all changes & all volunteering (tips are great though).
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
We would also encourage everyone to read this blog post by the Bitcoin developer Mike Hearn: https://medium.com/@octskyward/on-block-sizes-e047bc9f830

Nice read. Doubly interesting when taking into account BTC's recent rise in price.  Huh

Activity: 245
perhaps the digibyte market should incorporate accepting merchants products also - house of blue jeans for example.

Depending on what the site is built with, merchants could provide a spreadsheet of their products and they could be imported.

I run a few ecommerce sites and would happily increase the product selection?

I could bring art materials, beard oil and potentially holidays..

It's a good idea.  I actually already mentioned it to Jared (and others) and they expressed a general interest in the idea.  I am certain that it will not be incorporated into the initial launch.  They're still putting the finishing touches on getting everything up and running.  Personally, I think it would be great to eventually allow people to apply to have merchant accounts - and sell items on the marketplace (sort of like Amazon does with merchant accounts). 

Again, just FYI to everyone.  The marketplace is still in beta testing phase - technically it hasn't been released yet.  It's coming - and probably (hopefully) sooner rather than later - but they are still working on finishing up the coding, APIs, suppliers, etc., etc..
Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently

This is how it feels when DGB goes in the 90s again
Activity: 1638
Merit: 261
perhaps the digibyte market should incorporate accepting merchants products also - house of blue jeans for example.

Depending on what the site is built with, merchants could provide a spreadsheet of their products and they could be imported.

I run a few ecommerce sites and would happily increase the product selection?

I could bring art materials, beard oil and potentially holidays..
Jump to: