Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 804. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I'm glad the majority of people see that trading a little short term price rise from the reward reduction, for long term loss of credibility from unnecessary meddling is a bad idea.

On a separate topic, where do you see online gaming going in the future?

Digital copies of games eg: Steam or GOG, seem very popular, I own some myself. I used to play counterstrike; one thing that struck me were the banners that were put up in the arena by the owner of the server. Advertising space could potentially be rented out within these locations. Small fees could be levied for anything from joining a clan or access to server, to entering a tournament with prizes for winners, item trading, bounties for quest help, mentoring newbs... The possibilities are only limited by imagination.
DigiByte enables all this on a small scale up to a large one, and I am extremely excited about the potential here. It is a market that does not yet exist but will soon; DigiByte needs to create it, or at least part of it to secure it's future.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
As thsminer pointed out, a 144 year extension is quite ridiculous. Also, I don't think we want or need to go down the slippery slope of hard forks every 3 or 4 months because it harms our credibility and makes it seem as though planning was insufficient or poorly done.

The only thing we need is greater usability in the real world, and this is really where all alts fall down. Really there is such a variety of concepts and tech out there now that if success hinged on something so simple as extending the mining term bitcoin would already be a goner and three successors would be in its place.

I am only one voice but I would much prefer Jared and everyone was focused on how to achieve greater adoption than messing around with the code again. Market manipulation is frowned upon in the fiat world (and is usually unsuccessful anyway), and I don't think we want to sully our good name by association by performing similar manipulation. It stinks of desperation.

I don't see this discussion as a bad thing, but short term gains by choking the supply will be evened out within one or two weeks by ppl just speculating on Digibyte. We want to drive natural growth and natural demand, and a mining term extension will not help this at all IMHO.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
ANNOUNCEMENT ...

Hi Everyone,

Just heard from Olly over at Altcoin Speculation.  He just published a story on the DGB Gaming Wallet (Press Release).  It's in the "Coin News" section.

http://altcoinspeculation.com/the-digibyte-gaming-wallet/

His main site is:

http://altcoinspeculation.com/

He puts out a newsletter and I've been following his site for a while.

Let's all show him how much we appreciate his support and his help promoting DGB.

Very good article.
I'm a little disconnected from day to day .... But I do not quite understand that this coin, which has some great services not on the moon ...
26-28 in trade? i´m go to buy NOW
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
ANNOUNCEMENT ...

Hi Everyone,

Just heard from Olly over at Altcoin Speculation.  He just published a story on the DGB Gaming Wallet (Press Release).  It's in the "Coin News" section.

His main site is:

Let's all show him how much we appreciate his support and his help promoting DGB.
This is a great start and demonstrates the worth of community ventures such as DigiByte Group!
Well done Eric, keep it up.

Thanks.  I genuinely appreciate all the support that the community shows for DGB and the DigiByte Group.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Like I mentioned before DGB has dedicated miners who you might lose support of if you change rewards.
The other day, I suggested that we all migrate, just for the weekend, into the official DigiByte pool so that we could judge just how much of our mining was friendly. I was especially interested in sha miners because I have always considered this our greatest threat.
One of the miners that responded to this call was thsminer, so I consider him DigiByte friendly and I can tell the rest of you that between him and myself, we account for roughly about 10% of total sha mining on DigiByte, not a bad start!

What I wasn't able to do, for the benefit of the community, was disprove my fear that possibly 70% of sha mining was not friendly!

If the majority of mining can be judged to be DigiByte friendly, then any change to the supply would be unnecessary and unwarranted.

so DigiByte sha miners...

What say you all, should we give this another shot and perhaps put this issue to bed?

Another solution could be to replace SHA and Scrypt as others have suggested?
The fact that we include these algorithms is what makes us serious contenders in the cryto currency market, if we were to abandon them and choose not to fight these battles, then I fear we would have trouble convincing the rest of the world of that but that's just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Like I mentioned before DGB has dedicated miners who you might lose support of if you change rewards.
The other day, I suggested that we all migrate, just for the weekend, into the official DigiByte pool so that we could judge just how much of our mining was friendly. I was especially interested in sha miners because I have always considered this our greatest threat.
One of the miners that responded to this call was thsminer, so I consider him DigiByte friendly and I can tell the rest of you that between him and myself, we account for roughly about 10% of total sha mining on DigiByte, not a bad start!

What I wasn't able to do, for the benefit of the community, was disprove my fear that possibly 70% of sha mining was not friendly!

If the majority of mining can be judged to be DigiByte friendly, then any change to the supply would be unnecessary and unwarranted.

What say you all, should we give this another shot and perhaps put this issue to bed?

Another solution could be to replace SHA and Scrypt as others have suggested?
legendary
ANNOUNCEMENT ...

Hi Everyone,

His main site is:

This is a great start and demonstrates the worth of community ventures such as DigiByte Group!
Well done Eric, keep it up.
legendary

Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
seems like the only way is to put all focus on development & marketing then.
legendary
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
I agree as well, please don't change the block rewards / supply.  We need to create value in the currency, constantly changing the block reward to prevent dumps only hurts the faith / trust in the coin. 
Activity: 274
Merit: 101
Regarding the coin reduction or mining period extention as you can call it, there are several things to consider. In the first place why extend the period? I personally don't believe in a 144 year supply, the real horizon is much closer. In the financial arena people have trouble planning things 5 years ahead so 144 years?  Stating that the supply will be the same but in an extended period is fooling yourself. The real period where things happen is the next 5 to 10 years and maybe even 2 to 5 years. If crypto is adopted the amount of coins on the market on that very moment is what matters not what the supply will be in 50 or 144 years.

Next thing is the reward. About six months ago the price of 1 Digibyte was 15-20 Sat and people complained about the supply. The price was pumped to 60 Sat and no one posted anything about the supply… Now the price is back to 25 Sat and people immediately agree to reduce supply. Is this decisson based on fundamentals to get Digibyte mainstream? Or is this call for reduction founded by the psychological phenomena that people accept gain very easily but can’t cope with loss.

My personal objection against supply reduction is the fact I did not hear a single good argument why the supply should be less. And if it really should be less, why 10 times? Because thats a nice number? Why not 2 or 7. Second objection I have is the short term thinking, what will happen in six months, or what will happen if one or some projects really getting momentum. The main reason some people agree is because they have a pile of Digibyte and see a quick (paper) gain.

I’m happy to diccuss this matter with anyone but simply stating reduce the supply because it suits my millions of Digi is not my cup of tea. A reduction must be done to support Digibyte as a coin, the security or the adoption otherwise I would say leave it as is.

Completely agree. People need to understand they haven't lost anything unless they sell.

Also most country's manipulate there currency values, is this the road we want to go down???
This is where we are headed if we continue to change the award.
legendary
Regarding the coin reduction or mining period extention as you can call it, there are several things to consider. In the first place why extend the period? I personally don't believe in a 144 year supply, the real horizon is much closer. In the financial arena people have trouble planning things 5 years ahead so 144 years?  Stating that the supply will be the same but in an extended period is fooling yourself. The real period where things happen is the next 5 to 10 years and maybe even 2 to 5 years. If crypto is adopted the amount of coins on the market on that very moment is what matters not what the supply will be in 50 or 144 years.

Next thing is the reward. About six months ago the price of 1 Digibyte was 15-20 Sat and people complained about the supply. The price was pumped to 60 Sat and no one posted anything about the supply… Now the price is back to 25 Sat and people immediately agree to reduce supply. Is this decisson based on fundamentals to get Digibyte mainstream? Or is this call for reduction founded by the psychological phenomena that people accept gain very easily but can’t cope with loss.

My personal objection against supply reduction is the fact I did not hear a single good argument why the supply should be less. And if it really should be less, why 10 times? Because thats a nice number? Why not 2 or 7. Second objection I have is the short term thinking, what will happen in six months, or what will happen if one or some projects really getting momentum. The main reason some people agree is because they have a pile of Digibyte and see a quick (paper) gain.

I’m happy to diccuss this matter with anyone but simply stating reduce the supply because it suits my millions of Digi is not my cup of tea. A reduction must be done to support Digibyte as a coin, the security or the adoption otherwise I would say leave it as is.

I agree with Thsminer.
Activity: 332

Activity: 245
ANNOUNCEMENT ...

Hi Everyone,

His main site is:

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php/topic,1267.0.html

This is an interesting view on the reward reduction/extension debate over on the DigiByte forum.

My vote would be that we don't extend production.

Short term the price isn't going to be very good, but I want DigiByte to succeed in the long term, so it's important we get it right early. The only real solution is to increase utility through projects, current and potential.

Once DGB is accepted in the marketplace it will acquire a value through supply/demand, which is as it should be. The current production level, amount in circulation, and value of the coin are meaningless.

Lets say that by some tweaking to the production, the value of DGB can be increased. What good is that going to do right now? It doesn't do anything except make some people suddenly very rich, to the point that they will start dumping their DGB to cash in on their good luck.

There is hardly anywhere right now that you can do anything with DGB. That is the problem. Adoption of DGB is the most important goal.

As a selfish miner I say keep the rewards but I am happy with whatever dgb community think is best.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!

This is an interesting view on the reward reduction/extension debate over on the DigiByte forum.

Short term the price isn't going to be very good, but I want DigiByte to succeed in the long term, so it's important we get it right early. The only real solution is to increase utility through projects, current and potential.

Once DGB is accepted in the marketplace it will acquire a value through supply/demand, which is as it should be. The current production level, amount in circulation, and value of the coin are meaningless.

Lets say that by some tweaking to the production, the value of DGB can be increased. What good is that going to do right now? It doesn't do anything except make some people suddenly very rich, to the point that they will start dumping their DGB to cash in on their good luck.

There is hardly anywhere right now that you can do anything with DGB. That is the problem. Adoption of DGB is the most important goal.
legendary
It appears digibyte has a lot of dedicated mining which a lot of other coins don't have. It might be best to leave the rewards as is due to this.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Hello all,
I have a friend who is very good at making crochet toys etc...  I helped make her a website at http://www.icrochetit.com/en/  but unfortunately the paypal module isn't working so i said ' why don't you start excepting DigiByte?' well she has agreed and said she'll also crochet the DigiByte man!
My problem is finding a way to integrate this?  are there any free modules that work with prestashop? https://www.prestashop.com/

Thanks

Take a look at this and see if there's anything there that you might be able to use or model on.

https://twitter.com/DigibyteMod/status/623614633165717505

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg11644296;topicseen#msg11644296
legendary

This is a very interesting point that Morturium has made, possibly extending the production of DigiByte might bring around the demise of mining even sooner than the path that we are already on!

Lots more of us little miners on the network is what we need or perhaps our own farms but I'm trying to avoid this more centralized model. At this point, I'm not even convinced we can ultimately win. It's more of a reaction I have to being bullied!
Jump to: