Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 806. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Introducing DigiReport Ep.#1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnK6ofo6RX8

I love it!Some very exciting things to come for Digibyte!

Thanks for the update Jared, I still dont know about the production, Again a hardfork. If we do this,Can we combine this with the Digispeed hardfork?

So if i'm correct, We will see after the reduction around 5x less Digibytes produced. This is no problem in the future? Is Digibyte still profitable to mine?  We NEED miners for security and i'm afraid that we will loose miners by this reduction.

Correct me if i'm wrong,Not a expert in this area Smiley

Ow, and i love the Netherlands part Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Maybe someone can open up a poll/discussion on http://www.digibyteforum.com/ about the reduction? So Jared doesn't have to count the votes from this topic Wink

I'm going afk for now, so if someone else could open it, would be awesome!

you can also generate two DGB-addresses, one for yes and one for no. everyone gives a vote with a transfer of 1DGB to one of these adresses. Fairness is important... (so all DGB users can join the voting)
This is a great idea. Practical use case for the blockchain.
Activity: 535
Merit: 267

Nice video guys, you are really resistant!!

Each day i appreciate digibyte more and more.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Maybe someone can open up a poll/discussion on http://www.digibyteforum.com/ about the reduction? So Jared doesn't have to count the votes from this topic Wink

you can also generate two DGB-addresses, one for yes and one for no. everyone gives a vote with a transfer of 1DGB to one of these adresses. Fairness is important... (so all DGB users can join the voting)
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to make these video updates!  Though I'm sure you guys are always working hard when we don't hear any updates, its always nice to see the progress and exciting plans for the future of DigiByte! 

I would also vote for a reduction at this point.

legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
144 years to me also looking great for the long run. But in the short may cause some pnds.
But which coin does not have that anyway? In fact, DGB has stayed away being a pnd compared to many other coins out there.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Activity: 798
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Thanks good work delivered here!

In for reduction to 144 years yesterday  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
And I`m using dgb to transfer btc from cryptsy to trex way fastter Smiley

Whattt Smiley I was afraid of this lol
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
And I`m using dgb to transfer btc from cryptsy to trex way fastter Smiley
legendary
Activity: 988

2) currently, DGB is way faster than BTC and i dont have to wait long for the transaction to be done. with DIGISPEED, it will be...WAY FASTER like sonic. i think that is where all the fame and glory will be since DIGISPEED have so many other exciting features. Its a trump card  Cool

There is quite a few coins that have under 30 second block times. Unless digispeed is aiming for 10 second block times it won't be the fastest. That title will be held by fast coin with 12 second blocktimes. Emarald coin has 20 seconds blocktimes.

Also how many people here know that myraid coin developed Multi PoW first ? When looking at the front page if you didn't know any better you would think it was digibyte.

That being said it won't be the dev that makes this coin a success but the marketing that is far superior to other coins which is why I even told the myraid coin community they should invest here instead.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114898/ethereum-prepares-for-take-off
Ethereum going to be 12 seconds per blocks, so yes digispeed would need to aim for 10 seconds per block to be the fastest. I am sure this can be done!
Activity: 274
Merit: 101
sometimes, when i have small amounts of BTC like 0.1 and i want to transfer that out from Cryptsy, i will instead buy DGB with 0.1 BTC, transfer DGB to another exchange like bittrex and then sell off the DGB for BTC. Here are 2 reasons:

1) sometimes exchange impose fees and withdrawal limits that are high. for Cryptsy, withdrawal limit is 0.1 BTC if i am not wrong. and the fee is 0.001 BTC. as for DGB, fee is just 1 DGB (25sat). so 25sat vs 100000sat...yea...you get the picture.  Cool

2) currently, DGB is way faster than BTC and i dont have to wait long for the transaction to be done. with DIGISPEED, it will be...WAY FASTER like sonic. i think that is where all the fame and glory will be since DIGISPEED have so many other exciting features. Its a trump card  Cool

I do the same thing! Smiley
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto
sometimes, when i have small amounts of BTC like 0.1 and i want to transfer that out from Cryptsy, i will instead buy DGB with 0.1 BTC, transfer DGB to another exchange like bittrex and then sell off the DGB for BTC. Here are 2 reasons:

1) sometimes exchange impose fees and withdrawal limits that are high. for Cryptsy, withdrawal limit is 0.1 BTC if i am not wrong. and the fee is 0.001 BTC. as for DGB, fee is just 1 DGB (25sat). so 25sat vs 100000sat...yea...you get the picture.  Cool

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
DigiByte? Yes!
The only "problem" that currently exists is that people are upset because they aren't getting rich by having millions of DGB. Until people stop worrying about becoming rich, there will be no progress for this coin.

The argument that too many DGB are being created each day is just silly. That's not the reason that DGB doesn't have any value. Nobody knows about DGB and you can't use it for anything worthwhile, that's the real problem.

There are 3600 bitcoin made per day, and 6.5 million DGB per day. Even if DGB dropped to 3600 per day like bitcoin, it still wouldn't have much value.

Yes, I know that there are a couple retail places that "use" DGB, but in reality they don't use actually it. They use 3rd party exchange sites that converts DGB to dollars or euros, and completes the transaction in that currency. There is nowhere you can buy something by using only a DGB wallet to DGB wallet transaction.

Once the word gets out and the general public learns about DGB and if they begin to use it, only then will it gain a real market value.
legendary
Activity: 988
I am convinced the bittrex distribution tab puts high supply coins at a major disadvantage when it comes to trading.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
How come the DigiByte video wasn't released this week?

Ask that question tomorrow if we don't hear anything.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
How about this for an experiment; everybody that considers themselves to be part of the true Digibyte community ' the knights' move into the official pool digihash for the weekend and lets see what we have.
I'm on digihash... SHA and Qubit
comrade! Grin  We really need a few more...
Now if there were about 8000 as many of us, it would probably hurt if we kicked Bitcoin in the balls.

Yeah, the place is crowded...  Wink
@everyone.
Mining is the life blood of this coin, it is how it is distributed. There are coins out there that don’t have any mining and because of this fact they are able to keep better control over their price but are these better or are they very similar to the fiat systems we already have, to me these are the scam coins and they are quite definitely centralised.
Mining is the investment; it is paramount to the security of a decentralised model, it does not ensure that distribution is equal but it does make distribution fair because the rewards match the work done. People with more resources can mine more but they are also contributing more to the security of the network (supposedly).
The issue we face is that much of our network isn’t there for the common good of DigiByte, it is there to control and manipulate DigiByte and the people doing this are also able to ensure that they turn a tidy profit or at least don’t lose anything; they leave that for us to do.
The DigiByte community has to start taking mining seriously, if we want to move forward. Not all miners are bad but the good ones are overwhelmingly outnumbered. I cannot stress enough, the importance of small distributed miners hashing on our network in an affordable and sustainable manner, en-mass!
Join the Knights and die a free man…. or woman.

Multi Algo has saved this coin from going into the low teens in price. Much more dumping would be occurring if it wasn't for the 3 GPU algorithms where miners like myself will hold for a few years for higher prices.
I agree it seriously helps and is probably the reason we have got this far but it is not enough on its own. It is dwarfed by asic mining on our own network which is in turn is miniscule and even more dwarfed by mining on Bitcoin. If we don't step our game up, there may not be higher prices in the future ever. It is as if we are waiting for a rich fool to prop us up and that is definitely not going to happen unless they see us put the work in. Reap what you sow!
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
How about this for an experiment; everybody that considers themselves to be part of the true Digibyte community ' the knights' move into the official pool digihash for the weekend and lets see what we have.
I'm on digihash... SHA and Qubit
comrade! Grin  We really need a few more...
Now if there were about 8000 as many of us, it would probably hurt if we kicked Bitcoin in the balls.

Yeah, the place is crowded...  Wink
@everyone.
Mining is the life blood of this coin, it is how it is distributed. There are coins out there that don’t have any mining and because of this fact they are able to keep better control over their price but are these better or are they very similar to the fiat systems we already have, to me these are the scam coins and they are quite definitely centralised.
Mining is the investment; it is paramount to the security of a decentralised model, it does not ensure that distribution is equal but it does make distribution fair because the rewards match the work done. People with more resources can mine more but they are also contributing more to the security of the network (supposedly).
The issue we face is that much of our network isn’t there for the common good of DigiByte, it is there to control and manipulate DigiByte and the people doing this are also able to ensure that they turn a tidy profit or at least don’t lose anything; they leave that for us to do.
The DigiByte community has to start taking mining seriously, if we want to move forward. Not all miners are bad but the good ones are overwhelmingly outnumbered. I cannot stress enough, the importance of small distributed miners hashing on our network in an affordable and sustainable manner, en-mass!
Join the Knights and die a free man…. or woman.

Multi Algo has saved this coin from going into the low teens in price. Much more dumping would be occurring if it wasn't for the 3 GPU algorithms where miners like myself will hold for a few years for higher prices.
Jump to: