Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 830. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
How I keep my DigiBytes safe.  Smiley

My DigiBytes are temporarily stored on a separate computer running Ubuntu Linux, that runs the wallet and CGMiner 24/7. When the wallet reaches 25,000 DigiBytes I send the DigiBytes to a literally a cold wallet. The paper wallet is stored in a container in the back of my freezer at 3 degrees below fahrenheit. DigiByte is very valuable to me.

How do you stored your DigiBytes?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.

The stampede has begun. Do you want a piece of the pie? It doesn't come free and you don't get it by sitting on your butt.

Blythe Masters Firm Acquires Two Blockchain Startups

Indirect investment it is, nonetheless these are BIG Wall Street players, and they're not the only ones getting involved. We need to get DigiByte in front of them ASAP.

This is not a thing we can do as a community. We can only talk! But a professional of DGB has to stand up for it and give a presentation of what DGB can provide to their project etc.
That person could be Jared and this can be done behind locked doors, of course if he wishes!

I respectfully disagree with you if you're saying we're only good for idle chit-chat.

What's to keep anyone of us from telling our friends about DigiByte?

What's to keep anyone of us from telling anybody about DigiByte?

Of course, it would be better to coordinate things (which the community can do - that kind of reply, "what can the community do?" really makes me wonder if we don't have a bunch of willy-nilly couch potatoes here - what gives?)

I do agree that it's better still if it's "official".

We can always suggest here and Jared takes it or not, we dont know.
And what I mean is in an organized, professional and official way.

Otherwise, we all tell things about DGB to friends, investors, others.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

The stampede has begun. Do you want a piece of the pie? It doesn't come free and you don't get it by sitting on your butt.

Indirect investment it is, nonetheless these are BIG Wall Street players, and they're not the only ones getting involved. We need to get DigiByte in front of them ASAP.

This is not a thing we can do as a community. We can only talk! But a professional of DGB has to stand up for it and give a presentation of what DGB can provide to their project etc.
That person could be Jared and this can be done behind locked doors, of course if he wishes!

I respectfully disagree with you if you're saying we're only good for idle chit-chat.

What's to keep anyone of us from telling our friends about DigiByte?

What's to keep anyone of us from telling anybody about DigiByte?

Of course, it would be better to coordinate things (which the community can do - that kind of reply, "what can the community do?" really makes me wonder if we don't have a bunch of willy-nilly couch potatoes here - what gives?)

I do agree that it's better still if it's "official".

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Jared are you still in the game???

What is this supposed to mean?

In this case i try to do a peptalk as in the video.

Yes i know what is DGB come on Huh

But now i know how to bring the community allive Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nF2PBdSoAg
Activity: 335

I can tell you that he is in the game for 150%,When you want to do the things the right way at first that takes time.
It's not just make something and release it,Testing testing testing,Getting everything sorted out and get all the partys on the same line is one hell of a job but Jared and team are doing this also 150%.
Transparency is needed but when you are in the game with investors and others you just cannot throw everything in the public,Thats not the way it works.

Relax and enjoy the low prices for now.

Yeah Jared is completly involved at 150%, buy low, its the good moment to get more Digibytes.
legendary

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
^^ He knows what Digibyte is and i'm 100% sure he knows that Jared is dedicated to Digibyte.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10

I can tell you that he is in the game for 150%,When you want to do the things the right way at first that takes time.
It's not just make something and release it,Testing testing testing,Getting everything sorted out and get all the partys on the same line is one hell of a job but Jared and team are doing this also 150%.
Transparency is needed but when you are in the game with investors and others you just cannot throw everything in the public,Thats not the way it works.

Yeah This.

Jared has been working his ass off and only just released the digibyte gaming while hinting at other upcoming features. It really irks me that someone would question his dedication to Digibyte at this point, Anybody thats spoken to him even in passing would realise how serious he is.

As far as transparency goes I assume you want the details behind the investment but I'm also assuming that it was a closed door deal and if the investors don't want those details released to the public than that is their prerogative.  

Don't forget, this is the altcoin world, if a dev doesn't speak on the btctalk thread for a week then everyone thinks the project is dead. Some can't see Digibyte for what it is... yet.

legendary
The down pressure has reasonably increased in the last 2-3 days.
Activity: 750

Yeah This.

Jared has been working his ass off and only just released the digibyte gaming while hinting at other upcoming features. It really irks me that someone would question his dedication to Digibyte at this point, Anybody thats spoken to him even in passing would realise how serious he is.

As far as transparency goes I assume you want the details behind the investment but I'm also assuming that it was a closed door deal and if the investors don't want those details released to the public than that is their prerogative.  
Activity: 756
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently

Quote from Jared:
I can tell everyone here I will never leave the DigiByte project. I am giving, have given and will continue to give 110%. It has cost me many things already, including my last relationship as well as financial stresses.
Activity: 750
The press release is prepared and set to send.  As soon as I send it and post it, I'll make a public announcement.

Thanks EPLDCC this is what we need transparency , i hope Jared follows you  Cool
Activity: 245
The press release is prepared and set to send.  As soon as I send it and post it, I'll make a public announcement.
I"am preparing myself for a gaming experience never seen before , is there already a date of release digibyte gaming? this year? 2016?

@EPLDCC press release? you ask for donations asap so we did that!

Whats going on here, when i look at the exchances loads of people wanna get out high pressure on that side!

Worldwide? gaming ? 250K investmend? i hope we see some more transparency here on the moment the coin is going down hard.

What 24 said is 100% right community sells itself when the volume and marketcap grows!!!!

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
Short Tab 3 answer:

NOT P&D

I'm not referring to your everyday pump and dump that the thinnest traded are vulnerable to - as was alluded to above. That was one key filter: $10,000 min. daily trading volume.

This is what I said: "The fact that these short term rallies came off of lows and haven’t given much back (in the coins on this list - coins from the top 100 capitalization list that met inclusion criteria) suggests that this is not a P&D and that what we're seeing is most likely smart money coming into the cryptocurrency space."

Institutional money is not always the "smartest", but they do have damned good information, and a hell of a lot of money to DIVERSIFY. That's in caps to emphasize the balanced portfolio premise and the fact that everything gets its ALLOCATION. Again in caps to remind everyone that as something gains value, it gets its allocation, and cryptocurrencies are going to get theirs.

Two important across board rallies involving somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 million dollars of trading volume that seem to be holding levels gained.

There are thousands of institutions with fiduciary investment responsibilites always looking to diversify, and an  official Investor's Pack (that focuses on product > future plans and prospects > appreciation potential of DGB > long term INVESTMENT RETURN), again, something "official", PDF format, on digibyte.co would make it easy for anyone to send an email with a "link" to anyone they think might benefit.

The launch of the Bitcoin ETF (probably later this year), will give some access to institutional investors - as a way to add digital currency to a portfolio.  Currently, there are no direct points of access, and no institutional money is going to add an unregulated, undefined, super-high risk, asset class as a way to balance a portfolio.

Sorry.  I just don't see the recent purchase trends as evidence of a move by institutional investors.  We wouldn't be wondering ... they publish their portfolios ... and, even at $10,000 daily trading volume ... that's not even a drop in the bucket.  Today, June 25, Apple (AAPL) had an exchange volume of 31.9 million shares.  Using the closing price, that is a $4,067,250,000 daily trading volume (that 4 billion dollars daily volume is approximately the same as the total sum value of every single digital currency).  Ten-thousand might seem like a lot to an alt-coin ... but it's not a standard that would indicate institutional investment.

I'm more than happy to acknowledge that the purchasing trend that you identified could be the result of large purchases by individual investors, or even small investing collectives.

However, I think that you didn't quite absorb my comments about time and investments.  I guess you're correct that many of the coins came off lows and haven't gone back down (yet?).  But, it's only been a few weeks?  If I had a few hundred thousand dollars to invest in alt-coins, and I were looking for short-term trading gains, I would shoot for a 3-6 month time scale for investment return.  Maybe you're right and these recent purchases are long-term investments.  I have no idea?  But, I would suggest you re-read the final paragraph in my post above.  Using only several weeks - or even a couple of months - of data, there is 0% probability that we could accurately analyze the trend.  In 18 months, or 36 months ... at that point, we will be able to accurately determine if these purchases were short-term speculation or long-term investment.

About the suggestions you have for the DGB investor's pack.  We have to be careful.  What you're suggesting feels very much like an investor relations pack for stocks and publicly traded companies. 

Can people invest in DigiByte?  Yes.  Without a doubt. 

Is that an investment in DigiByte as a company? No.  Absolutely not.

If I buy a bushel of wheat, I didn't make an investment in the farm that grew the wheat.  I can either eat/use the wheat myself, or I can resell it.  Let's say I purchase it as an investment.  I purchase wheat as an asset because I believe that someone else might be willing to buy it later for more.  But, I don't have any equity in the farm that grew it.  I don't even have the ability to say that I have a share in wheat as a commodity.  I own some wheat ... but, it's not like I'm invested in the business of wheat production.

Or, let's say you buy some Rubles.  And, let's say you use them to buy some Euros.  You have assets.  You might even describe those assets as investments.  But, you don't have any claim of investment in the financial systems of the countries that use Euros.

The media kit covers current DGB services and products.  And, it has sections on DigiSpeed and DigiByte Gaming (future plans and prospects).  I drew the line at those ... we could get into legal trouble for mischaracterizing an investment or suggesting future returns.  DigiByte isn't a ponzi scheme.  We're not licensed investment brokers.  And, most important, DGB is not an investment the way a stock is an investment.  DigiByte - literally the DGB coins - are a digital asset that is exchangeable for other digital assets.  If a person uses those exchanges to generate profits, it's possible to characterize the purchase or sale as an investment.  But, it's not an investment in DigiByte as a company.  Investments in companies establish legal relationships (usually in the form of shares of ownership or shares in revenue).  Owning DigiByte does not establish any sort of legal relationship between the person who owns the DGB and DigiByte as a business.

NO INVESTMENT KITS SUGGEST FUTURE RETURNS (appreciation potential) - stock and mutual fund investment kits only deal in past performance.  It's not possible to predict long-term investment returns, it's dangerous, misleading, and it's also not advisable unless you want to upset the SEC.

DigiByte doesn't need something like that for a couple of reasons. First, it's not a publicly traded company.  At some point Jared might want to approach private investors for additional venture capital.  That's his business, and his decision.  I would support him in any way that I could ...

I believe that the best way to promote DGB is to invest in DGB as a community.  We're not investing in DGB as a company ... we're investing in DGB as a community.  When we purchase DGB as a personal asset - we are making a personal investment in joining the DGB community.  We can add value to the DGB community in lots of different ways.

HR ... you add lots of value to the DGB community with your work and help forums.  I've tried to add value to the DGB community with the DigiByte Group, and I will continue to work to promote the community and add value.

But, anyone - actually everyone - can add value to the DigiByte community.  Telling your friends ... forwarding a Tweet ... using DGB tip ... writing a review (hopefully a good review) of the mobile wallet.  We can all support and promote DGB.  The smallest little actions that we take are part of our investment in adding value to the DGB community.
Jump to: