Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 836. (Read 3058816 times)

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
It is better to do this on your own twitter or own newly created thread. We would not want to divert minds into another coin and let people sell their DGB to buy another sheeiity coin. Yes this is hijacking. You can explain the meaning of it in private message or you can declare on your Twitter account.

Imagine if everyone comes here share their second, third, forth invested coins. I have many other that I have invested, but I try not to share here. I remember I did once and I had a similar reactions here. So it is better not to do it. Thanks HR.
Good enough, and sorry about having offened you. You know, there are people who write books who post what they're doing here, etc., etc., and it's not seen as a problem. Asistec TI is a little more than sharing a second or third coin I'm invested in (I'm a bagholder in several coins as well - thankfully not for much - and I'm sure you, or nobody for that matter, knows anything about them). I think this was/is a little different from what you represent it to be, but I respect your opinion.

Again, please forgive me for upsetting you, and hopefully at least there was something generally applicable and positive that you took away from my introductory post over there . . . I hope I didn't waist your time as well as having offened.  Sad
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
I cant wait to see what more is rolling out for DGB Cool
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Can someone make a nice big DigiByte signature please?

What would you like to put into your signature?

Thanks for the fast reply,

It would be great if it has big ass digibyte colors/letters and,

DigiByte Forum http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php

DigiByte Group  https://digibytegroup.com/

DigiByte Website  http://www.digibyte.co/

DigiByte Btc Talk  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.20220

{Digi stats}
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

What would you like to put into your signature?
Activity: 252
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
It is better to do this on your own twitter or own newly created thread. We would not want to divert minds into another coin and let people sell their DGB to buy other sheeiity coins. Yes this is hijacking. You can explain the meaning of it in private message or you can declare on your Twitter account.

Imagine if everyone comes here share their second, third, forth invested coins. I have many other that I have invested, but I try not to share here. I remember I did once and I had a similar reactions here. So it is better not to do it. Thanks HR.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

I've added Noblecoin to my "portfolio".

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11636333

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

What is this to do with DGB HR?
This perhaps.
“having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.”
– righteous, virtuous, good, honorable, upright, decent, worthy, moral, ethical, reputable –

and this makes good reading.
https://www.noblemovement.com/downloads/TheStateofAlternativeCryptocurrency-D1.pdf

This would be HR disclosing his interest in Noble to this community, that's what it has to do with DGB.

"Given everything I’ve just outlined, and in interest of full disclosure, I’d like to make public my recent purchase of a medium sized amount of NOBL (something along the lines of a top 20 rich list amount). I will also be incorporating Noblecoin into my efforts to slowly build what I hope will someday be a comprehensive cryptocurrency knowledge base that has to date focused exclusively on DigiByte. Noblecoin will be a natural complement being that it will put what is in my opinion the best PoS in existence shoulder to shoulder with what I consider to be the best POW in existence."

sounds very educational to me. Wink

That's right. Really just an announcement, which also includes a few mutually shared core concepts not to be lost on the wise.

With the addition of Noble to Asistec TI Cryptocurrency Forum and its knowledge base project, my signature line, avatar, etc., the eventual question would have come up sooner or later, and I thought the answer, probably being more convoluted later, would be best given sooner and pre-emptively. It's also a "tip" of sorts, something worth looking into, in my opinion, of course, since I think that Noble is clearly playing in the same league as DigiByte. At the same time, it is arguably off topic and I do apologize for any perceived "hijacking" (something I was aware of and wanted to mitigate as much as possible). As such, we can leave things at this, and mark the page so that when someone new asks about the eagle in my avatar . . .  Wink

Thanks for bearing with me everyone.

Cheers.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- It takes at least 20 gigabyte disk space?
- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided

My core wallet uses about 1.6 GB

To reuse an address check the box that says "Reuse an existing receiving address (not recommended)"
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- It takes at least 20 gigabyte disk space?
- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided
You don't have to use a different address each time but it is good practice to do so from a security point of view.
legendary

What is this to do with DGB HR?
This perhaps.
“having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.”
– righteous, virtuous, good, honorable, upright, decent, worthy, moral, ethical, reputable –

and this makes good reading.
https://www.noblemovement.com/downloads/TheStateofAlternativeCryptocurrency-D1.pdf

This would be HR disclosing his interest in Noble to this community, that's what it has to do with DGB.

"Given everything I’ve just outlined, and in interest of full disclosure, I’d like to make public my recent purchase of a medium sized amount of NOBL (something along the lines of a top 20 rich list amount). I will also be incorporating Noblecoin into my efforts to slowly build what I hope will someday be a comprehensive cryptocurrency knowledge base that has to date focused exclusively on DigiByte. Noblecoin will be a natural complement being that it will put what is in my opinion the best PoS in existence shoulder to shoulder with what I consider to be the best POW in existence."

sounds very educational to me. Wink
legendary
Being Greece in a financial crisis, (they most likely will have to drop Euro, and bring back the old Drachma) I just wondered, what if a whole country would lay the basis of its economy on cryptocurrency?

An extremely simplified reason of why a cryptocurrency wouldn't work as a national currency:

If a country (such as Greece) uses a 3rd party currency (DGB, Bitcoin, Euro, US Dollar) as it's national currency and runs out of money to pay their bills, the only way to get more money is by taking out loans, raising taxes, cutting spending, etc. This is the problem Greece has right now.

However, if a country uses it's own currency and begins to run low, they can print more currency to cover their debts. Most (if not all) countries do this, they keep printing more money at a controlled rate (inflation) to stay ahead, this is why money today buys less than it did 50 years ago. A country needs to have a way to vary inflation to prevent a currency crash/crisis. This can't be done with a crypto because most are either deflationary or inflationary at a specific rate.

Whether inflation or deflation are bad is another discussion...
I'm inclined to agree with you but I do believe it would be possible to create a cryptocurrency that included taxation that would allow a government to operate and function within its remit and that could work, the trouble starts when trading with other currencies but if it was exercised on a  global universal scale, that needn't be an issue either.
Some people think that I'm an optimist, this simply isn't true. I might try and make the best out of a bad situation but that's as far as it goes, really! I have no faith whatsoever in the human race.  The concept of enough escapes most of us, DigiByte is simply an opportunity to prove me wrong because it will be what we do with it. In its current state, it would solve nothing if we all adopted it tomorrow.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
Being Greece in a financial crisis, (they most likely will have to drop Euro, and bring back the old Drachma) I just wondered, what if a whole country would lay the basis of its economy on cryptocurrency?

An extremely simplified reason of why a cryptocurrency wouldn't work as a national currency:

If a country (such as Greece) uses a 3rd party currency (DGB, Bitcoin, Euro, US Dollar) as it's national currency and runs out of money to pay their bills, the only way to get more money is by taking out loans, raising taxes, cutting spending, etc. This is the problem Greece has right now.

However, if a country uses it's own currency and begins to run low, they can print more currency to cover their debts. Most (if not all) countries do this, they keep printing more money at a controlled rate (inflation) to stay ahead, this is why money today buys less than it did 50 years ago. A country needs to have a way to vary inflation to prevent a currency crash/crisis. This can't be done with a crypto because most are either deflationary or inflationary at a specific rate.

Whether inflation or deflation are bad is another discussion...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently

That is a good pick! I really like the dev for noble

They're soooo good, and the price is soooo cheap, that it's almost a no-brainer.  

Oh, and by the way everyone, I actually spent some DGB, to buy NOBL, but then I bought it back again once my fiat to crypto exchange finally went through.  Cheesy

Well i have NOXT, that's the second coin the dev from noble made.
Although its a bit quiet there...
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

They're soooo good, and the price is soooo cheap, that it's almost a no-brainer.  

Oh, and by the way everyone, I actually spent some DGB, to buy NOBL, but then I bought it back again once my fiat to crypto exchange finally went through.  Cheesy

@Sharkzz1, the eagle is essential. Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

even your avatar has the noble bird  Cheesy
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
legendary
Great to see so many new members joining the DigiByte community and looking forward to some seriously steady growth in the near future.  Smiley
legendary
Now I am convinced that DGB is no way a PnD coin, because in this pump day of all coin (nearly all coins are being pumped now), DGB stays still LoL ...
DGB's alltime-chart is great, DGB is a perfect currency. no worthless over the time and no big fluctuations in the last time.
DGB will not always stay so reasonably priced, a bit of natural pump if you like, to come but hopefully followed by stability in the market and not a massive dump,,, slow and sure is the way we want to roll. Smiley
Jump to: