Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 835. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Dont really like this kind of tech because your giving your identity away.

crypto should be the other way around.

Dont thing anyone should fall for this kind of stuff.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Does the Digibyte core wallet stake?

No.  All 5 of the algorithms are proof of work.

Usukan ... you asked the same question back on February 25.  The answer is still no.  I understand that you are an advocate for POS from your previous posts (and your support of POS elsewhere - especially in the UTC discussion).  I don't support POS for economic reasons.  But, I don't think you are wrong to support POS.  I think that we need people like you who support POS, to ask these kinds of questions so that we can have these kinds of discussions.  I also think that UTCs recent decision to lower their POS from the current 5% down to 2% is a good decision.  As I pointed out in my previous (February) response to your inquiry, I don't think there is any problem with POS, but it is effectively interest ... and high interest rates have predicable economic impacts (and those impacts often aren't beneficial for the wider adoption of digital currency).

When you asked before, I wrote up an extended reply: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10583087

legendary
Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002
Does the Digibyte core wallet stake?

Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- It takes at least 20 gigabyte disk space?
- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided
You don't have to use a different address each time but it is good practice to do so from a security point of view.

So correct me if I am wrong, but this means that if I send Digibytes from my Bittrex account to the address of my wallet, that after I have done 1 transaction I should make a new address send the remaining Digibytes to this new address before I can do another transaction? really? Huh

No. It is up to you. The more addresses you use the harder it is to trace the ownership of the DGB. You can use one address forever but it makes it much easier for someone to track the coins to you based on activity.

I don't care if they track me since I do nothing illegal, but is the Digibyte wallet unsafe/vulnerable for hacking if I use the same address multiple times?

No, that has nothing to do with the wallet being hacked. Feel free to use the same address over and over. I reuse addresses frequently. I don't give a crap who can track me either as I do nothing illegal also.

Okay, thanks for helping me out. I must say I am surprised by the fact that Digibyte puts a lot of effort and energy into promoting their coin while the basic fundamentals (a quick and easy wallet and a basic instruction manual/video of the wallet) have not fully been established yet. The wallet really needs improvements otherwise the masses will not want to want it...

What are you trying over here?
Video by EPLDCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Ct9mqmukw
Video by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl98iqScsio

Digibyte just released the Gaming wallet and as you all know there is more to come.
The mass is not ready for cryptocurrency in general,Digibyte is preparing to be ready for the masses,Not something thats done within 1 week and i'm sure you know this already.

Yes I understand evolution takes time. I just installed the Digibit Wallet, it's much better and faster than the core wallet in my opinion. However I am a noob when it comes to Digibyte, I don't even know the difference between a core wallet, a gaming wallet and the Digibit wallet. Anywayz the Digibit wallet looks exactly like the Multibit wallet so that looks pretty familiar  Smiley. Thanks for the video btw, looked for an instruction video before but couldn't find it.

The core wallet (DigiByte-QT) is a fully validating wallet.  It works as a DigiByte Node.  It validates transactions and blocks and works to provide a foundation for the DGB network.  The user wallet client features (send receive and manage) is just part of the function.

The mobile wallets don't act as full nodes.  Earlier this year DGB released a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android.  I currently use the mobile wallet for iOS in addition to running a couple of different Digibyte-QT wallets.  

The DGB Gaming wallet is the newest ... just released in the Google Play store and as a Chrome Extension ... and soon to be released in iOS and (I think) as a desktop client.  The DGB Gmaing wallet has a few features that the current mobile wallet doesn't have ... but, in effect, it's sort of the next generation of the existing mobile wallets.  

You should use whatever wallet you like the best.  And, always feel free to ask any questions you have.  We're always happy to help.  

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful, I wonder though first of all if I use the core wallet, do I get PoS coins? Also I wonder why the Gaming Wallet is called a Gaming Wallet. Also just an idea, a Digibyte market place in the future maybe could be a good idea, kinda like Ebay and Amazon but then for Digibyte. Forgive me my curiosity, I am not very long into crypto and the more I dive into it the more fascinating I think it is. The developments that are going on right now surrounding Digibyte I think is fascinating. You guys are writing history, perhaps in 500 years time next to Satoshi Jared will be known as one of the founders of a new money system, wish there is something I could do to help/get involved Smiley
Activity: 880
Merit: 251
Think differently
https://youtu.be/ZT26y_l-jtI

the first part sounds very familiar dont you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDyhKOjNKM

Huh Roll Eyes
Damn does indeed sound very similar to eachother, although the dgb one looks and sounds better Tongue
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful, I wonder though first of all if I use the core wallet, do I get PoS coins? Also I wonder why the Gaming Wallet is called a Gaming Wallet. Also just an idea, a Digibyte market place in the future maybe could be a good idea, kinda like Ebay and Amazon but then for Digibyte. Forgive me my curiosity, I am not very long into crypto and the more I dive into it the more fascinating I think it is. The developments that are going on right now surrounding Digibyte I think is fascinating. You guys are writing history, perhaps in 500 years time next to Satoshi Jared will be known as one of the founders of a new money system, wish there is something I could do to help/get involved Smiley

You are already involved.  Welcome.  As you continue to contribute to our community and discussion - as you continue to learn about and engage with DGB ... you're doing your part to get involved.

A couple of answers to your questions ... the Gaming Wallet is the first phase of a larger Digibyte Gaming project.  It will be rolled out in phases in the coming months.  It's an exciting project.  If you want a little bit more info there's a working draft of a press release on the Digibyte Group website here:  https://digibytegroup.com/project-155/

A marketplace is a good idea ... complicated in some ways ... simple in others ... it will happen ... sort of already happening organically ... personally, I'd like to see us set up a "DGB garage sale" forum in the official forum.  Just a place where users can list stuff that they're willing to sell for DGB.  I for instance have some spare computer parts (i.e. an unused ASUS motherboard that I bought last year).  I bet lots of people have a few things that they could list for trade ...
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
ShapeShift.io and Coinomi.com have teamed-up to allow for instant altcoin exchanges within Coinomi's multi-coin, universal wallet! You can now buy or sell DigiByte with multiple altcoins without leaving your wallet.

Just installed the Digibyte core wallet, and I must honestly say I am not impressed by it for several reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but

- For each and every transaction you have to use a different address? (very inconvenient)

I hope I am wrong, but this should be more clear if Digibyte truly aspires to be adopted by the masses, at least make a wallet that functions properly and is clear and easy to use... must say I am dissapointed now and don't know whether I will continue to invest in this project Undecided
You don't have to use a different address each time but it is good practice to do so from a security point of view.

So correct me if I am wrong, but this means that if I send Digibytes from my Bittrex account to the address of my wallet, that after I have done 1 transaction I should make a new address send the remaining Digibytes to this new address before I can do another transaction? really? Huh

No. It is up to you. The more addresses you use the harder it is to trace the ownership of the DGB. You can use one address forever but it makes it much easier for someone to track the coins to you based on activity.

I don't care if they track me since I do nothing illegal, but is the Digibyte wallet unsafe/vulnerable for hacking if I use the same address multiple times?

No, that has nothing to do with the wallet being hacked. Feel free to use the same address over and over. I reuse addresses frequently. I don't give a crap who can track me either as I do nothing illegal also.

Okay, thanks for helping me out. I must say I am surprised by the fact that Digibyte puts a lot of effort and energy into promoting their coin while the basic fundamentals (a quick and easy wallet and a basic instruction manual/video of the wallet) have not fully been established yet. The wallet really needs improvements otherwise the masses will not want to want it...

Digibyte just released the Gaming wallet and as you all know there is more to come.
The mass is not ready for cryptocurrency in general,Digibyte is preparing to be ready for the masses,Not something thats done within 1 week and i'm sure you know this already.

Yes I understand evolution takes time. I just installed the Digibit Wallet, it's much better and faster than the core wallet in my opinion. However I am a noob when it comes to Digibyte, I don't even know the difference between a core wallet, a gaming wallet and the Digibit wallet. Anywayz the Digibit wallet looks exactly like the Multibit wallet so that looks pretty familiar  Smiley. Thanks for the video btw, looked for an instruction video before but couldn't find it.

The core wallet (DigiByte-QT) is a fully validating wallet.  It works as a DigiByte Node.  It validates transactions and blocks and works to provide a foundation for the DGB network.  The user wallet client features (send receive and manage) is just part of the function.

The mobile wallets don't act as full nodes.  Earlier this year DGB released a mobile wallet for both iOS and Android.  I currently use the mobile wallet for iOS in addition to running a couple of different Digibyte-QT wallets.  

The DGB Gaming wallet is the newest ... just released in the Google Play store and as a Chrome Extension ... and soon to be released in iOS and (I think) as a desktop client.  The DGB Gmaing wallet has a few features that the current mobile wallet doesn't have ... but, in effect, it's sort of the next generation of the existing mobile wallets.  

You should use whatever wallet you like the best.  And, always feel free to ask any questions you have.  We're always happy to help.  
Activity: 252
Buyers cryps lowww..
Place some buyorder then Smiley

I'll do my best some trading/scam coins shake out to early, profit stays low.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
If DGB solves this problem, then why don't we invite everyone invested in XBT,BTC,Bitcoin in here and advertise on this to circumvent BTC's issue?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3a0n4m/why_upgrade_to_8mb_but_not_20mb/
Activity: 252

Activity: 750

The current digibyte wallet is forked from bitcoin 0.9 and it has the exact same interface as the bitcoin core wallet did in version 0.9(along with the current doge, via and myriad wallets) . If you are used to a different wallet then its either a custom job (or more likely way behind the times). The digibyte core wallet is simple enough but also gives power users some extra options, if you want something really simple try the Digibyte gaming wallet or Digibit.

To reiterate you are free to use the digibyte wallet in the same way that you use any other altcoin wallet (If you wanted you could use the same address for the rest of your life) the only difference is that its been made a bit easier for those that would like that extra little bit of anonymity.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

That's not DigiByte specific, it's pretty much characteristic of crypto in general. You know it's still in its infancy and we're still taking baby steps.  Wink

I'm making an effort to improve on documentation by first trying to centralize things in one place. Perhaps you might find something useful there.

http://asistec-ti.com/forum/

Let me know what you think. I highly value everyone's feedback.

Thanks, and good luck.
legendary
Today, once again I truly realized that decentralization just stays over talk, not in the implementation or practical life.
Greed transforms any digital currency into a (semi-) centralized one. The majority of Bitcoin is controlled by 7 processors, exchanges, etc.

So my thought is that DigiByte is on the right path, there will be a lot interest sooner or later. However, right now the main reason why the interest is stable (or not increasing exponentially) is because we are truly decentralized (it does not work out for greedy bastar.s). Check it out, if the price of a coin is just so high, it is because it is just controlled by a few or by only one person. StartCoin and Ripple are the most important examples for this scenario.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, we are not controlled by any entity. I hope this continues as it is. I know regulations may corrupt this at some stage, but the main idea should stay as decentralized, no third-party please, no extra charges, etc. However, I believe the greed may/can/might change the faith of any digital currency, even of DGB.

So far so good DigiByte, well done everyone!
legendary
It is better to do this on your own twitter or own newly created thread. We would not want to divert minds into another coin and let people sell their DGB to buy another sheeiity coin. Yes this is hijacking. You can explain the meaning of it in private message or you can declare on your Twitter account.

Imagine if everyone comes here share their second, third, forth invested coins. I have many other that I have invested, but I try not to share here. I remember I did once and I had a similar reactions here. So it is better not to do it. Thanks HR.
Good enough, and sorry about having offened you. You know, there are people who write books who post what they're doing here, etc., etc., and it's not seen as a problem. Asistec TI is a little more than sharing a second or third coin I'm invested in (I'm a bagholder in several coins as well - thankfully not for much - and I'm sure you, or nobody for that matter, knows anything about them). I think this was/is a little different from what you represent it to be, but I respect your opinion.

Again, please forgive me for upsetting you, and hopefully at least there was something generally applicable and positive that you took away from my introductory post over there . . . I hope I didn't waist your time as well as having offened.  Sad

See, you have it in your signature already Wink There is nothing to be forgiven. No worries. But lets only focus on DigiByte HERE. Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

Jump to: