Pages:
Author

Topic: Digital Painting, Illustration, Concept Art, Game Art, Comic Pages - page 6. (Read 22845 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
legendary
Excellent work you got there something tells me your not gonna have alot of trouble finding people here that are interested in your work.

I'm very happy you like it Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Excellent work you got there something tells me your not gonna have alot of trouble finding people here that are interested in your work.
legendary
And then suddenly, an influx of graphic designers.

Sorry Mike  Tongue

Very nice work though, your style of illustration is seamless. I'm envious of concept designers and illustrators; the line of work I originally wanted to go into when I first went to art school!

I'm glad you like Grin  You shouldn't envy me however, this kind of art is incredibly challenging and time-consuming compared to the pay and frequency of work, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone Tongue  But if you have a resistance to both pain and depression, it's never too late to start; check out these books by Andrew Loomis, they'll teach you everything you would ever want to know about drawing.

I love drawing I think the problem is i don't know the best way to clean up the line-work of a scanned drawing. Tracing the work as paths in Illustrator never seems to retain the organic-ness of the original.

Yeah lineart is a really tough gig; fortunately I'm a painter so I never have to worry about having clean lineart Grin  The best way I know how to do it is to take an opacity brush at 75% hardness in photoshop and clean it up by hand; vector paths always makes it look way too perfect, and you can't do much about line thickness (at least as far as I know) so I try to avoid it, unless I really gotta use it.  I think I'd go crazy having to clean up lineart, it's such a time-consuming process, but for those who can go through with it, the results look really nice; some artists are incredible at lineart.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Sorry Mike  Tongue

Very nice work though, your style of illustration is seamless. I'm envious of concept designers and illustrators; the line of work I originally wanted to go into when I first went to art school!

I'm glad you like Grin  You shouldn't envy me however, this kind of art is incredibly challenging and time-consuming compared to the pay and frequency of work, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone Tongue  But if you have a resistance to both pain and depression, it's never too late to start; check out these books by Andrew Loomis, they'll teach you everything you would ever want to know about drawing.

I love drawing I think the problem is i don't know the best way to clean up the line-work of a scanned drawing. Tracing the work as paths in Illustrator never seems to retain the organic-ness of the original.
legendary
Very nice work, keep it up!

I've bookmarked this page for future reference.

Glad to hear it Grin
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
Very nice work, keep it up!

I've bookmarked this page for future reference.
legendary
You have talent! Any good at landscape at medieval guards?

Thanks you kindly Grin  I don't paint landscapes often but I am capable; what do you have in mind?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
You have talent! Any good at landscape at medieval guards?
legendary

Sorry Mike  Tongue

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Sorry Mike  Tongue

legendary
Activity: 778
Merit: 1002
Mike Christ was absolutely great to work with. Very patient, and took the time to get the technical details correct.

Thanks again!
legendary

Random sketch; still available!
legendary

Seeking more work!
legendary

Here's a little something I've been working on for myself.  It's the cover to a novel.  Not sure what I'll add to it or if it's fine as it is, but I'll probably not be done writing this book for a while so I guess I got time to think on it.
legendary
legendary
Amazing mate! Talent with Coins Keep going Smiley

Glad you enjoyed Grin
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Amazing mate! Talent with Coins Keep going Smiley
legendary