Pages:
Author

Topic: Digital Painting, Illustration, Concept Art, Game Art, Comic Pages - page 7. (Read 22845 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
Activity: 566
Merit: 500
legendary

Something goofy I made for an art class Tongue
legendary

Another WIP of the album art.  Open for more work Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
keep us updated if you create something new Tongue
legendary
the examples, so beautiful Smiley
since how long are you enjoying ur talent?

Thank you for your kind words Grin

That's a tough question to answer.  I've been drawing since I was a child, like most people.  When I hit puberty, I was obsessed with an anime called FLCL, and for whatever reason, I wanted to draw just like they did.  So I got a How to Draw Manga book for Christmas and tried learning from it.  I was fairly mediocre for years...

<-- Supposed to be Haruko.

And I stopped drawing for VERY long periods of time, for months at a time between works.  But when I did draw, I tried, and kept trying, and got frustrated every time.  I still do get frustrated Tongue  But around the time I turned 18 or 19, I saw on deviantArt certain artists which knew how to paint beautifully using tablets on PC, specifically Mike Henry and Genzoman.  So I decided to get one of my own.  I still wasn't very good, but I was definitely picking up a lot of different techniques.  The first time I ever attempted to paint was through Photoshop.

So I'd say I've been painting seriously for at least 2 years, max 3.  But I've been drawing off and on for at least 8, not including anything I did pre-FLCL Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
the examples, so beautiful Smiley
since how long are you enjoying ur talent?
legendary

Here's a WIP of some album art I'm doing for a pal of mine.  If anyone's interested in artwork, I'm always taking new orders Grin
legendary
Another client satisfied Grin  Always seeking more work.
legendary
You have an awesome talent!  Shocked
I always admire those that can paint, because I paint like a 3-year old...

Thank you so much brotha  Grin  If you ever want some pointers on drawing and painting, I'd love to help you out.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
You have an awesome talent!  Shocked
I always admire those that can paint, because I paint like a 3-year old...
legendary
Updated with another example of my work.
Activity: 112
Merit: 16
snapsunny did an amazing job on my portrait. I love it, and I'll be posting here again if I ever need more artwork done! +1 Cheesy
legendary
One happy client served!  Grin

Currently halfway through with the next.  Currently seeking more work!  Happy to negotiate pricing Smiley
Do you have any experience with propaganda style painting? Like in the older style of world leaders? In particular I have in mind this picture of Kim Jong-Il: http://walmerconvenience.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/kim-jong-il-vs-north-korea-artistic-propaganda-posters-6.jpg

I would love to have a self portrait similar to that: standing calmly and cooly in front of crashing, thrashing waves in that propaganda-style of painting (it also makes me think of presidential portraits like the famous JFK portait).

If you think you could do something like that, let me know and I can send you a photo of myself to work with.

I think I see what you're going for; you want a portrait that essentially makes you look important and amazing and, excuse the terminology, totally badass  Grin  If you can get me a full body image, preferably in the pose you're aiming for (but any photograph should do the trick if you can't) I'll see what I can do for you.

You are absolutely, 100% correct XD I'll PM you a picture in just a moment!
legendary
Do you have any experience with propaganda style painting? Like in the older style of world leaders? In particular I have in mind this picture of Kim Jong-Il: http://walmerconvenience.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/kim-jong-il-vs-north-korea-artistic-propaganda-posters-6.jpg

I would love to have a self portrait similar to that: standing calmly and cooly in front of crashing, thrashing waves in that propaganda-style of painting (it also makes me think of presidential portraits like the famous JFK portait).

If you think you could do something like that, let me know and I can send you a photo of myself to work with.

I think I see what you're going for; you want a portrait that essentially makes you look important and amazing and, excuse the terminology, totally badass  Grin  If you can get me a full body image, preferably in the pose you're aiming for (but any photograph should do the trick if you can't) I'll see what I can do for you.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I make pretty things.

Ha ha!  This sounds too epic  Grin  Can you PM me a pic of you to use as reference?  Afterwards, I'll send you a rough sketch and we'll take it from there  Smiley

Sure thing. I've got some stuff to get through today but you'll get a PM from me in the near future with pics etc. woo!  Cool
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Do you have any experience in logos and/or dragons?

PM me ASAP.

Thanks Smiley

legendary
Do you have much experience drawing MMORPG-style 2D art for a browser game?

This is a pretty big project, happy to pay a fair price:

Base character images for different races, classes
Clothes, like helmets, armor, weapons, needs to go on the character images
UI designs, banners, menus, inventory slots, etc
Map of the game world, maps for specific areas

Let me know if you can handle this.

Don't have much experience, but I have done some practice with a friend after picking up game dev (he was the coder Tongue)  As long as you're crystal on what you need for your game, I can definitely give it a go.

What kind of artwork are you looking for?  Pixel art, vector?  Something like Maple Story?  Or something more isometric, like Ragnarok?
Pages:
Jump to: