Author

Topic: DIMEcoin - page 148. (Read 315324 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 12, 2014, 12:52:39 PM
we need new feature for this coin, its diying
such as?
lemfuture?!?!?!?!? I did not expect to see you back!  Shocked
lol i've been lurking around.. crypto world has been slow lately
yes it has
Activity: 686
July 11, 2014, 05:42:42 PM
such as?
lol i've been lurking around.. crypto world has been slow lately
July 11, 2014, 01:27:42 PM
such as?
Activity: 686
July 10, 2014, 02:00:23 AM
such as?
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
July 09, 2014, 05:29:37 AM
July 06, 2014, 10:02:51 AM
July 05, 2014, 08:44:15 PM

460 Billion dime coins max cap?Huh?

WTF???,

Are the dime devs still around?

Why would you want to create such massive dilution and hyper inflation?  

How many dime coins are out already?  You guys should do what DRK, NAUT, CSC and other coins have done, cut the inflation (mining subsidy) and Dilution (max cap) by a huge margin.  That would put a floor under DIME and give it a chance.

Remember CENT had a similar amount of coins and once it hit 1 Litoshi Cryptsy kicked its ass off the exchange so I hope you guys have a plan.
Hello, I am the new developer. The original dev pulled a dump 'n run. I have been working with a small group of awesome people. We have considered the volume cut, the problem is roughly half the coins have been mined. What would you suggest? Do you think it would give the coin a chance???

Half is still a lot but any cut would help given how much is left to mint.

I would slam the breaks on the inflation (mining subsidy) to give the coin a chance to get off its knees.  It's impossible if billions are mined and dumped monthly.

Then you can focus on improvements and features to add value.  Stop the bleeding first.
Thanks for your input. The majority of the community is saying the same thing.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
July 02, 2014, 07:44:36 PM

WTF???,

How many dime coins are out already?  You guys should do what DRK, NAUT, CSC and other coins have done, cut the inflation (mining subsidy) and Dilution (max cap) by a huge margin.  That would put a floor under DIME and give it a chance.

Remember CENT had a similar amount of coins and once it hit 1 Litoshi Cryptsy kicked its ass off the exchange so I hope you guys have a plan.
Hello, I am the new developer. The original dev pulled a dump 'n run. I have been working with a small group of awesome people. We have considered the volume cut, the problem is roughly half the coins have been mined. What would you suggest? Do you think it would give the coin a chance???

Half is still a lot but any cut would help given how much is left to mint.

I would slam the breaks on the inflation (mining subsidy) to give the coin a chance to get off its knees.  It's impossible if billions are mined and dumped monthly.

Then you can focus on improvements and features to add value.  Stop the bleeding first.
July 02, 2014, 06:01:20 PM

WTF???,

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
July 01, 2014, 10:55:58 PM

WTF???,

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
July 01, 2014, 08:32:51 PM
Are you aware that the dimecoin information page links to the old bitcointalk thread?

https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/156

Huh
I was not... I will contact them.

Any luck? I can't believe how much the price has tanked on dimecoin. It's really aggravating. From 1 satoshi to 1 litoshi? Is this coin going to go somewhere? I put a lot of money and effort into this coin for it to turn into a bag I'm holding. Why isn't anyone talking on this forum, did you all jump ship leaving me holding the chips?

1 satoshi??? Iv been buying dime for over 6 months and its never been at 1 satoshi in all that time!!!!! 25-30 liteoshis maybe many months ago!! Dimetime will come, have soom patience and hold!!!!!
June 29, 2014, 12:40:57 PM
Are you aware that the dimecoin information page links to the old bitcointalk thread?

Huh

Any luck? I can't believe how much the price has tanked on dimecoin. It's really aggravating. From 1 satoshi to 1 litoshi? Is this coin going to go somewhere? I put a lot of money and effort into this coin for it to turn into a bag I'm holding. Why isn't anyone talking on this forum, did you all jump ship leaving me holding the chips?
We are all still here. There are rumors of a massive cryptsy pump soon. Hold on to your DIME. I am currently doing a dimecoin giveaway on twitter to try and gain some interest. I am also working with the Developers of Pinkcoin to try and promote DIME and PINK to small web based businesses. Couple that with the android wallet about to be released, and you have a coin ready to explode!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
June 29, 2014, 10:17:11 AM

Huh

June 26, 2014, 06:56:01 PM

Huh
June 25, 2014, 04:01:36 PM

Huh
June 19, 2014, 09:24:54 PM
1.5  Linux up on my sourceforge account.

It will synch without a dimecoin.conf file (read instructions about kickstarting it if it fails to synch after a minute or two)

If you want a conf file with nodes, and a few more connections, I'll update the one currently on dimecoin.co soonish. A lot of the nodes haven't been seen for a while, so they are just taking up space and time and effort in the debug. But just the straight qt alone will get you 8 connections. Adding a conf with server takes me up to about 40.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dimecoinlinux15/

Nice! Sorry I haven't got around to installing it yet, I have been working on a web page a friend of mine wants.

I'm getting my hands dirty in PHP so I should be able to start building some dime games soon. I looked into free gambling PHP scripts but I couldn't find much. Some people were selling them for... a lot, like 1000s of dollars usd. Would probably be better to start from the ground up.
I wish you luck on the project. It could help DIME a lot Smiley
Activity: 644
June 19, 2014, 07:54:52 PM

It will synch without a dimecoin.conf file (read instructions about kickstarting it if it fails to synch after a minute or two)

If you want a conf file with nodes, and a few more connections, I'll update the one currently on dimecoin.co soonish. A lot of the nodes haven't been seen for a while, so they are just taking up space and time and effort in the debug. But just the straight qt alone will get you 8 connections. Adding a conf with server takes me up to about 40.

Nice! Sorry I haven't got around to installing it yet, I have been working on a web page a friend of mine wants.

I'm getting my hands dirty in PHP so I should be able to start building some dime games soon. I looked into free gambling PHP scripts but I couldn't find much. Some people were selling them for... a lot, like 1000s of dollars usd. Would probably be better to start from the ground up.

Thanks, Mr Dime, it's much appreciated.

Re: Selling games, there was a guy on this forum selling an open source Ponzi! He got rumbled quickly. :-)
June 18, 2014, 08:36:33 PM

June 18, 2014, 07:55:49 PM

June 16, 2014, 09:53:37 AM

@Mr Dime (part 2) ... If you are clued up on development, why not get involved in some way with technical issues? I think people are under the impression that there is a developer here. This is not the case. The changes to 1.4 and the introduction of the blockexplorer were paid for with hard currency by me and another user here. I am personally funding the blockexplorer at 25 bucks a month and the website. Dimelord funded the Android wallet soon to be introduced.

I'm game. I'm going to have a bit of a learning curve to climb, I haven't worked with crypto-currency code before. What IDE was used to compile the project? It would be nice to have a build already set up with the project files configured and stuff, I'm so bad at making it work directly from source code, unless it is very simple, which wallet apps are not....

I have no clue about IDEs? I'm really very dense with computers when it involves coding. Dimelord is the one to ask technical questions.

Anyway, here is the response I got from the the developer:

"Can't say for sure, been dealing with false positives forever. Pretty sure the coins that have a built-in miner are getting flagged, since some malware that mines bitcoin has been making the rounds recently and what not."

So no further on, but it appears the more you test the same app, the angrier the system gets.

Re: Wallet apps, if you know how to use use simple commands on a terminal, and have experience elsewhere, I would think they are one off the easiest  apps to make. Everything, with the odd exception, is bitcoin with add-ons or add-offs.

The thing to watch out for, as Dimelord points out, is mixing your QT4 and 5 up. That really screws things up, as I have found to my peril (a database issue).

@dimelord - I found another command:

qmake-qt4
make

which is supposed to override 5 if you have it glued to your system.

Jump to: