Pages:
Author

Topic: Directory.io - Now with balances! - page 6. (Read 27347 times)

legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
April 11, 2015, 01:07:45 PM
Wow, fun. I tried it, and all I saw for 50 pages were a bunch of 0s. Smiley

Glad you had fun, haha.

That's all it will ever come out to be.
legendary
Activity: 858
April 11, 2015, 12:38:34 PM
Wow, fun. I tried it, and all I saw for 50 pages were a bunch of 0s. Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
April 11, 2015, 12:26:02 PM
Well, at least now we know which addresses have BTC in them Cheesy
On the downside, nobody will ever find an address with BTC in it.
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
April 11, 2015, 12:04:28 PM
I would usually caution against installing any Chrome extensions, because they update silently, and can include various keylogging stuff.
Absolutely, always be careful when you install  extensions they could steal from your online bitcoin wallets.

If anyone is scared of using a Chrome extension you can always use Fiddler to append the CORS header to your HTTP get requests.

None of you have Bitcoin to steal anyway,  Grin
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
April 08, 2015, 11:33:25 AM
You're saying "it won't be possible" is like this:

I am saying nothing of the sort. There is a huge difference between the two.  Look at the math and try to understand what it is saying.

(And btw, Gates denies saying that).

Yeah, I don't think he understands the magnitude of the amount of Bitcoin addresses.

I understand the magnitude of the amount of possible bitcoin addresses and I feel safe for today

but for 20 years later, I have no idea. I really don't get how you think it's never possible to brute force collisions.

MD5 was considered safe just like 10 years ago, and today nobody uses it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5#Collision_vulnerabilities

why do you think technology will stay same?

The same reason Moore's Law is incorrect.
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
April 08, 2015, 11:32:43 AM
I don't agree, just because we don't have the enough hardware atm, it doesn't mean we won't have it in the future either.

there is no need instantly brute force a 256 bit ECDSA key. raising the possibility is a big thing. and this possibility raises every time we add a new address w/ balance to the network already.

I'm going to make an ASIC for this, lol.
Activity: 476
April 08, 2015, 11:30:23 AM

I am saying nothing of the sort. There is a huge difference between the two.  Look at the math and try to understand what it is saying.

Yeah, I don't think he understands the magnitude of the amount of Bitcoin addresses.

I understand the magnitude of the amount of possible bitcoin addresses and I feel safe for today

but for 20 years later, I have no idea. I really don't get how you think it's never possible to brute force collisions.

MD5 was considered safe just like 10-20 years ago, and today nobody uses it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5#Collision_vulnerabilities

why do you think technology will stay same?
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
April 08, 2015, 11:26:35 AM

April 08, 2015, 11:24:13 AM
I don't agree, just because we don't have the enough hardware atm, it doesn't mean we won't have it in the future either.

there is no need instantly brute force a 256 bit ECDSA key. raising the possibility is a big thing. and this possibility raises every time we add a new address w/ balance to the network already.
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303
April 08, 2015, 10:54:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
April 08, 2015, 10:54:29 AM
- snip -
- snip -

There's a huge difference between, "should be enough" and "prevented by the laws of physics and nature".

I suppose if you are a religious person, then you might choose to believe that your god can create a computer that is not bound by physics.  That holy computer, which is of something other than matter and occupies something other than space, could perhaps instantly brute force a 256 bit ECDSA key.

April 08, 2015, 10:45:00 AM

it's already possible, but we don't have enough hashing power yet. but tomorrow you don't know what's gonna happen in tech endustry. both hardware and software we use will be greater.

legendary
The Real Jude Austin
April 08, 2015, 09:40:14 AM
LOL, wtf Judith

Ohai!

What have you been up to?
April 08, 2015, 08:29:14 AM
with today's technology, it's hard to find a collision. but tomorrow's tech, it will be possible and I don't feel good about it.

related topic
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
April 08, 2015, 02:29:14 AM
LOL, wtf Judith
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
April 07, 2015, 07:20:07 PM
After seeing this , i really worry about my money !

Is there any command line that split my money between my wallet addresses ?

Example : i have 1000 BTCs and 100000 BTCs addresses in my wallet , I wanna SHARE my BTCs  between 100000 addresses . how can i do by a command line or

something like that easily ?? And what am i must do for paying no fee for miners ?

I can make an application to move your coins like you want, it will be open source.

You really shouldn't be worried tho.

Inform me when you finish it . Thanks

No problem, how did you want the coins to be handled?

Do you want to use the client on your computer?

Essentially I will make a script that will create a new address, then transfer X amount to the new address, parse the existing address with the coins balance, create another address, move the coins until the original address is at 0 or what ever you want to set it to.

Did you want this an executable or are you comfortable enough running a batch script or any other code, like Python, Golang, etc?
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1303
April 07, 2015, 04:20:30 PM

Example : i have 1000 BTCs and 100000 BTCs addresses in my wallet , I wanna SHARE my BTCs  between 100000 addresses . how can i do by a command line or

something like that easily ?? And what am i must do for paying no fee for miners ?

I can make an application to move your coins like you want, it will be open source.

You should definitely not be worried, the odds are astronomical (as has been discussed ad nauseam).  However, if you didn't want to use that many addresses, you could split them between, say, 10 addresses by hand.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
April 07, 2015, 04:18:02 PM

legendary
The Real Jude Austin
April 07, 2015, 01:48:37 PM

Pages:
Jump to: