Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 202. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Japanese Crypto Exchanges to Create Industry Body for Self-Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/japanese-crypto-exchanges-to-create-industry-body-for-self-regulation/
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
Helpful information worth reading:

Here is the CFTC Memo that Says it is OK for Employees to Own Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrency – but be Careful
March 4, 2018 @ 12:55 pm By JD Alois

Last month, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) posted a memo to all staff providing guidance regarding holding and transactions using cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. In brief, the memo from Daniel Davis, General Counsel of the CFTC, said it was ok to invest in crypto – but employees must be careful.

According to the memo, the CFTC received many inquiries from staff and the Commission has decided they are not “prohibited interests.” But the document asks CFTC employees to avoid creating the appearance that staff may be violating the law.

The document states:
As a general matter, you should keep the following in mind when considering owning or engaging in transactions in cryptocurrencies:

•   If your knowledge of cryptocurrencies is gained from the CFTC and your holdings or transactions of virtual currencies would lead a reasonable person to question your conduct, you may run afoul of the agency’s ethical standards.

•   You cannot own or transact in derivatives products (i.e., futures or swaps) regulated by the Commission. that are based on cryptocurrencies(or any other commodity). For example, you cannot own or transact in Bitcoin futures products.

•   You cannot purchase cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, on margin.

•   You cannot transact in cryptocurrencies if you have nonpublic information regarding cryptocurrencies. Thus, if your job at the CFTC brings you in contact with information regarding enforcement actions regarding cryptocurrencies, surveillance of cryptocurrencies, or policy decisions regarding cryptocurrencies, you most likely have nonpublic information regarding cryptocurrencies and cannot trade them.

•   Simply holding cryptocurrency or other commodities may not create an 18 U.S.C. 208 conflict of interest for you. However, if you participate personally and substantially in a particular matter that will directly or predictably affect your financial interests or your imputed financial interests (i.e., the financial interests or your spouse, dependents, and others, including certain business relationships), and you believe that your financial interest in the cryptocurrency (or the interest of your spouse, minor child, or other interested person) will also be affected, seek ethics advice before participating in the matter.

While CFTC are understandably banned from investing in Bitcoin futures it is pretty interesting that at least some are interested in the investment opportunity that cryptocurrencies, in general, may provide.

Source: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/03/129157-cftc-memo-says-ok-employees-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-careful/
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Anyone familiar with Trade by Trade?

https://tradebytrade.com/

It does not appear to be available to US residents, but they do trade DNotes there.
legendary
option 1

So far Option 1 is the clear winner:

DNOTES GLOBAL DIGITAL CURRENCY
The Future of Money Starts Here

Agreed, it's up on the site now. The design for that section could still be improved a bit.

Thank you for the submission Brandon, that is absolutely on point.

Looks great. Graphics can be improved. Check it out HERE: http://dnotescoin.com/
legendary
DNotes
option 1

Agreed, it's up on the site now. The design for that section could still be improved a bit.

Thank you for the submission Brandon, that is absolutely on point.
legendary
option 1

Activity: 92
Merit: 2
option 1
legendary
Labour Party’s Diane Abbott Offers Harsh Assessment of Bitcoin

https://dcebrief.com/labour-partys-diane-abbott-offers-harsh-assessment-of-bitcoin/

How ironic, considering monarchism (dictatorship) functions identically to a ponzi scheme. Free currencies that were founded after defeating monarchial tyranny have had a pretty good run thus far and I have a feeling Bitcoin will join that list soon.

If everyone took their Bitcoin money and tried to buy a new car all at once the whole thing would collapse.” 
That argument is so baseless, it’s silly – almost entertaining.

Should MP Diane Abbott be correct then we can also say, “If everyone took their fiat money and tried to but a new car all at once the whole world would collapse.”  And returned to the stone age? Obviously, that is a ridiculous assumption. 
legendary
The Former FDIC Chief Sheila Bair is spot on as to why cryptocurrencies should not be outlawed. Her arguments are simple but not without substance. Every emerging industry has issues and growing-pains that need time to be sorted out. Give it a chance.

"I don't think we should ban it - the green bills in your pocket don't have an intrinsic value, either," she was quoted as saying.

We should push for "good disclosure, education, warding off fraud, and making sure it is not being used for illicit activities."

Again, I agree. We need education and good disclosure. DNotes has always been committed to education and inclusiveness. Good disclosures and lots of verifiable research materials are also important for investors to make more objective investment decision.

DNotes is different in one other respect. We pro-actively identify industry challenges and incorporate strategic action plans to overcome them. These actions are reflected in our current ecosystems and our roadmap going forward. That is a part of DNotes’ vision in gaining mass acceptance one day.

Don't Ban Crypto, Says Former FDIC Chief Sheila Bair
Mar 1, 2018 at 23:05 UTC  |  Updated  Mar 2, 2018 at 11:24 UTC

The former chairperson of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which insures bank deposits in the U.S., says that cryptocurrencies shouldn't be outlawed.

According to a new interview published by Barron's, Sheila Bair suggested that while bitcoin and other cryptos lack an "intrinsic value," so do currencies such as the U.S. dollar.

"I don't think we should ban it - the green bills in your pocket don't have an intrinsic value, either," she was quoted as saying.
The comments from Bair - who led the government corporation between 2006 and 2011 - are notable, given the growing scrutiny being applied to the market from a range of regulators worldwide. Bair, who has opined about cryptocurrency regulation in the past, is also a member of blockchain startup Paxos' board of directors.

Indeed, she suggested that as far as the price of cryptocurrencies is concerned, the market itself is best equipped to ascertain some kind of value.

"Let the market figure out what it's worth," she told the publication. "That is what it is doing now."

That said, Bair didn't say that regulators should take an entirely hands-off approach. Officials, she indicated, should push for "good disclosure, education, warding off fraud, and making sure it is not being used for illicit activities."

Read more: https://www.coindesk.com/former-fdic-head-let-the-market-figure-out-bitcoins-value/
Activity: 171
Merit: 10

https://dcebrief.com/labour-partys-diane-abbott-offers-harsh-assessment-of-bitcoin/

How ironic, considering monarchism (dictatorship) functions identically to a ponzi scheme. Free currencies that were founded after defeating monarchial tyranny have had a pretty good run thus far and I have a feeling Bitcoin will join that list soon.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
Definitely the top option. It looks better visually as well as it sounds better and very intriguing.
legendary
DNotes
Visuals of the top choices so far.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

DNotes,

Option Number 1 is great. It is short and straight to the point and it is what people are looking for "A Global Currency", not a token or another coin that can only be used by that website. Make them fish for more with just that header. Then have all of the additional wording on the next pages. Everything that was on the original opening webpage was cool but wordy. I know in sales they always say be short and sweet and straight to the point and that is what option 1 is. There are a lot of new people coming into the crypto world and Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World might not be understood by most, but when you say it simple "The future of money starts here" Or even " The future of Digital Money starts here" you catch their eye and make them click next to dig deeper. Just my opinion.

Thanks The Chezzz! Agreed on all points, it is a great option.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0

DNotes,

Option Number 1 is great. It is short and straight to the point and it is what people are looking for "A Global Currency", not a token or another coin that can only be used by that website. Make them fish for more with just that header. Then have all of the additional wording on the next pages. Everything that was on the original opening webpage was cool but wordy. I know in sales they always say be short and sweet and straight to the point and that is what option 1 is. There are a lot of new people coming into the crypto world and Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World might not be understood by most, but when you say it simple "The future of money starts here" Or even " The future of Digital Money starts here" you catch their eye and make them click next to dig deeper. Just my opinion.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

https://gizmodo.com/bill-gates-thinks-cryptocurrency-is-killing-people-in-a-1823381081

"The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity."

This statement is unfortunate and lacks vision from a person I believed to be a visionary. This industry is experiencing some growing pains, and the regulators are now trying to weed out the bad actors, but that is to be expected of a new industry. I'm sure the PC was used by a lot of bad actors as well.

There were a lot of comments along that line circulating on social media. Yes, some really bad people have used cryptocurrency, but all really bad people have used Windows...

I can't believe how fast the amount of misinformation has exploded, with media commentators making buy recommendations after laughing at crypto 6 months ago.  

I've found it a little surreal to sometimes come across these passionate recommendations from people who have barely gotten involved in this industry, but they smell money so going all out. It's also weird to think that right now of everyone (media talking heads included) chattering about cryptocurrency these days, I'm probably in the top 5% in terms of knowledge, experience, and expertise. Finally it's weird to know that people are drawing their conclusions based on various forms of hype and other fake news rather than the realities going on in this industry. I kind of wish I could talk to everyone, but then the psychology is that people like me aren't exactly listened to as we don't have any particular stature in the way the world looks at it. I can know tons about this industry but the guy who chatters away on TV will be seen as having more credibility just because he's on TV. It's frustrating on one hand, but I guess good if you don't like fame.

PS. I really like this set too:
Yes, there are a lot of people on the telecom that are not particularly smart in this sphere. Very sorry.
Very often people expressing a strong opinion against digital currency don't understand the very basic concept.
But things are progressing nicely, even faster than expected. DNotes team is amazing, quickly grasping why we are going this specific direction.
Appreciate it guys!
There will be good times when these states will begin to understand, then the dollar will disappear forever.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10

https://gizmodo.com/bill-gates-thinks-cryptocurrency-is-killing-people-in-a-1823381081

This statement is unfortunate and lacks vision from a person I believed to be a visionary. This industry is experiencing some growing pains, and the regulators are now trying to weed out the bad actors, but that is to be expected of a new industry. I'm sure the PC was used by a lot of bad actors as well.

There were a lot of comments along that line circulating on social media. Yes, some really bad people have used cryptocurrency, but all really bad people have used Windows...

I can't believe how fast the amount of misinformation has exploded, with media commentators making buy recommendations after laughing at crypto 6 months ago.  

I've found it a little surreal to sometimes come across these passionate recommendations from people who have barely gotten involved in this industry, but they smell money so going all out. It's also weird to think that right now of everyone (media talking heads included) chattering about cryptocurrency these days, I'm probably in the top 5% in terms of knowledge, experience, and expertise. Finally it's weird to know that people are drawing their conclusions based on various forms of hype and other fake news rather than the realities going on in this industry. I kind of wish I could talk to everyone, but then the psychology is that people like me aren't exactly listened to as we don't have any particular stature in the way the world looks at it. I can know tons about this industry but the guy who chatters away on TV will be seen as having more credibility just because he's on TV. It's frustrating on one hand, but I guess good if you don't like fame.

Yes, there are a lot of people on the telecom that are not particularly smart in this sphere. Very sorry.
Very often people expressing a strong opinion against digital currency don't understand the very basic concept.
But things are progressing nicely, even faster than expected. DNotes team is amazing, quickly grasping why we are going this specific direction.
Appreciate it guys!
legendary
DNotes
Visuals of the top choices so far.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Activity: 1162
Merit: 389
Keep Network

legendary
Good suggestions everyone, my vote goes to:

Very cleverly worded.

So far, this is my top pick.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

Jump to: