Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 200. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 2072
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
I thought this article was really great news. Basically, the CFTC commissioner is saying that the cryptocurrency industry should set up its own regulatory system under guidance from the CFTC and SEC. He figured the industry itself would better understand the regulations than the government at this point. I'm really liking the Trump Administration's light and cautious touch on our industry.

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-industry-should-self-regulate-says-cftc-commissioner/

Totally agree. it should be separate from fiat
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I thought this article was really great news. Basically, the CFTC commissioner is saying that the cryptocurrency industry should set up its own regulatory system under guidance from the CFTC and SEC. He figured the industry itself would better understand the regulations than the government at this point. I'm really liking the Trump Administration's light and cautious touch on our industry.

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-industry-should-self-regulate-says-cftc-commissioner/
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

Don't Ignore The Gatekeepers

I see the SEC involvement as a good thing. More and more, almost every day, crypto gains legitimacy and takes another step toward mass adoption. The old days of "wild west" trading and selling are coming to a close, Bitcoin is becoming gentrified. Sure, there will always be outliers and new ideas will create new projects and methods but, in the long run, it's getting easier to see crypto operating next to fiat and being considered a real investment/asset like gold. We may even replace the old systems someday but, not without constant vigilance.

This is a crucial time for our industry. We need to be ever so careful and attentive in guiding our lawmakers in the right direction and smoothing "knee jerk" reactions by informing those lawmakers of what is real and what is, for lack of a better term, FUD. before inappropriate laws enter the books and hurt us all. I see it as our collective duty to seek out issues that could stifle the industry and do what we can to correct misconceptions and ignorance. If we ignore the bigger picture and think only of ourselves, we are doomed.

We are not only the architects of our own future, we are it's stewards as well. Don't be afraid to speak out when you see an injustice and don't be to smug to offer praise where praise is do. ultimately, we are in control of our own financial future, lets not blow it.  

Good advice, RJF, “Don't Ignore The Gatekeepers”. We mandated them to protect the consumers and their hard-earned money. It’s important that we all have a level playing field.

“It's getting easier to see crypto operating next to fiat and being considered a real investment/asset like gold.” And that is a wonderful thing. There is no likelihood of a sudden switch from fiat to digital currency. I believe that it will evolve slowly as a supplement to certain fiat currencies and eventually gain mass adoption. Meanwhile, it is important that our law makers, understand the process and the technologies. They should help to facilitate and shape the industry to be efficient and productive and not fall into the trap of regulatory overreach that stifles innovations.

DNotes is leading by example. Trust, integrity, and a strong commitment to educating the general populace have always been important to us. We all need to do our part.  
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Don't Ignore The Gatekeepers

I see the SEC involvement as a good thing. More and more, almost every day, crypto gains legitimacy and takes another step toward mass adoption. The old days of "wild west" trading and selling are coming to a close, Bitcoin is becoming gentrified. Sure, there will always be outliers and new ideas will create new projects and methods but, in the long run, it's getting easier to see crypto operating next to fiat and being considered a real investment/asset like gold. We may even replace the old systems someday but, not without constant vigilance.

This is a crucial time for our industry. We need to be ever so careful and attentive in guiding our lawmakers in the right direction and smoothing "knee jerk" reactions by informing those lawmakers of what is real and what is, for lack of a better term, FUD. before inappropriate laws enter the books and hurt us all. I see it as our collective duty to seek out issues that could stifle the industry and do what we can to correct misconceptions and ignorance. If we ignore the bigger picture and think only of ourselves, we are doomed.

We are not only the architects of our own future, we are it's stewards as well. Don't be afraid to speak out when you see an injustice and don't be to smug to offer praise where praise is do. ultimately, we are in control of our own financial future, lets not blow it. 
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
is there any way to earn dnotes without mining or buying? maybe a site with little jobs or something else? i like the project, but i have no the financial reserve to buy me coins. so i search ways to earn coins or token. the dnote community offer this option for people like me?

Welcome sabine80! Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and we can discuss further.

thanks, very friendly. i saw your post today.  i send you in some hours a mail. i'm curious what you can offer me to earn some dnotes coins.

Thanks sabine80, if you have a proposal or skill sets, please email them to me!
Activity: 846
Merit: 535
Sometimes we forget that we live in a massively competitive world with an incredible amount of innovations taking place. In most cases, no single entity is big enough to go at it alone.

The immense success stories of the future will be dominated by those who think, strategize, and execute collaboratively across multiple platforms and national borders. But only a few will lead, most will perish along the way. That is the nature of our highly competitive world. If you are not among the best you may be just contributing to the cause.

Here is a fascinating article worth reading:

How Banks Are Disrupting Payments – Two International Models

There is an outstandingly large community of over 10,000 FinTech startups operating around the world – shedding international borders, democratizing remittances in the name of inclusion, facilitating inclusion through economic identity on the blockchain, and a lot more.

The FinTech startup community is very diverse and rich in ideas and solutions. We track around 50 FinTech sub-segments into which the 10,000+ startups fall, but there are only two categories continuously at the top of their game in terms of capital saturation and entrepreneurial activity – lending and payments. No wonder. The role models – Stripe, Square Cash, PayPal, M-Pesa, Alipay, and Venmo – opened the floodgates into the world of social payments and efficient e-commerce, demonstrating opportunities that technology brings into this segment. Let’s look at PayPal’s 2017 operating results for some numbers:

•   Active customer accounts of 227 million, up 15% with growth of 29 million net new actives
•   7.6 billion payment transactions, up 24%
•   $451 billion in total payment volume (TPV), up 27% both on a spot and FX-neutral basis
•   33.6 payment transactions per active account on a trailing 12-month basis, up 8%

Once the way was paved and proven to be lucrative, enthusiastic entrepreneurs knocked down a lot of VC doors to launch the next best thing in payments. In fact, within the payments segment, mobile wallets/payments represent the largest pieces of the pie – over 30% of the companies, according to MEDICI data.

Read more: https://gomedici.com/how-banks-are-disrupting-payments-two-international-models/?utm_source=Subscribe+to+MEDICI&utm_campaign=8edb8df4e6-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_03_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_aa5e7321a3-8edb8df4e6-91508637&mc_cid=8edb8df4e6&mc_eid=f5832b2593

There are many competitors in the space, direct (within crypto), indirect substitutes (outside crypto, using paypal / square etc), and traditional mediums in banking (further alternatives). The most interesting thing to me is how this will all look when there is finally an alternative available that allows people to combine the security benefits of cryptocurrency with the ease of using paypal, and the convenience of lending through a crypto and fiat capable bank account. At that moment, crypto will become a perfect substitute for fiat money, and banking, and payment processors. It will be in direct competition with all three. There will be plenty of room to grow.

legendary
Sometimes we forget that we live in a massively competitive world with an incredible amount of innovations taking place. In most cases, no single entity is big enough to go at it alone.

The immense success stories of the future will be dominated by those who think, strategize, and execute collaboratively across multiple platforms and national borders. But only a few will lead, most will perish along the way. That is the nature of our highly competitive world. If you are not among the best you may be just contributing to the cause.

Here is a fascinating article worth reading:

How Banks Are Disrupting Payments – Two International Models

There is an outstandingly large community of over 10,000 FinTech startups operating around the world – shedding international borders, democratizing remittances in the name of inclusion, facilitating inclusion through economic identity on the blockchain, and a lot more.

The FinTech startup community is very diverse and rich in ideas and solutions. We track around 50 FinTech sub-segments into which the 10,000+ startups fall, but there are only two categories continuously at the top of their game in terms of capital saturation and entrepreneurial activity – lending and payments. No wonder. The role models – Stripe, Square Cash, PayPal, M-Pesa, Alipay, and Venmo – opened the floodgates into the world of social payments and efficient e-commerce, demonstrating opportunities that technology brings into this segment. Let’s look at PayPal’s 2017 operating results for some numbers:

•   Active customer accounts of 227 million, up 15% with growth of 29 million net new actives
•   7.6 billion payment transactions, up 24%
•   $451 billion in total payment volume (TPV), up 27% both on a spot and FX-neutral basis
•   33.6 payment transactions per active account on a trailing 12-month basis, up 8%

Once the way was paved and proven to be lucrative, enthusiastic entrepreneurs knocked down a lot of VC doors to launch the next best thing in payments. In fact, within the payments segment, mobile wallets/payments represent the largest pieces of the pie – over 30% of the companies, according to MEDICI data.

Read more: https://gomedici.com/how-banks-are-disrupting-payments-two-international-models/?utm_source=Subscribe+to+MEDICI&utm_campaign=8edb8df4e6-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_03_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_aa5e7321a3-8edb8df4e6-91508637&mc_cid=8edb8df4e6&mc_eid=f5832b2593

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
is there any way to earn dnotes without mining or buying? maybe a site with little jobs or something else? i like the project, but i have no the financial reserve to buy me coins. so i search ways to earn coins or token. the dnote community offer this option for people like me?

Welcome sabine80! Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and we can discuss further.

thanks, very friendly. i saw your post today.  i send you in some hours a mail. i'm curious what you can offer me to earn some dnotes coins.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
Sometimes I feel that they do this to bring down the price just so they can get in. They say insider trading is illegal, well I think this is another form of it. IMO!!! Especially if in the future these same people have a large bag and they suddenly support us. hahahaha We will just have to wait and see. Everyone remembers Mark Cuban was against it and now allows Bitcoin to be used for everything Dallas Mavericks. So let's keep our eyes open on this and see who suddenly comes out and says "I support Bitcoin now"!!!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

The SEC has released a statement today on exchanges and the sale of unregistered ICO token-securities. I gives a lot of information geared toward educating and protecting the investor, so I have the sneaky suspicion they are taking aim at these exchanges.

Statement on Potentially Unlawful Online Platforms for Trading Digital Assets

Divisions of Enforcement and Trading and Markets

March 7, 2018

Online trading platforms have become a popular way investors can buy and sell digital assets, including coins and tokens offered and sold in so-called Initial Coin Offerings ("ICOs").  The platforms often claim to give investors the ability to quickly buy and sell digital assets.  Many of these platforms bring buyers and sellers together in one place and offer investors access to automated systems that display priced orders, execute trades, and provide transaction data.

A number of these platforms provide a mechanism for trading assets that meet the definition of a "security" under the federal securities laws.  If a platform offers trading of digital assets that are securities and operates as an "exchange," as defined by the federal securities laws, then the platform must register with the SEC as a national securities exchange or be exempt from registration.  The federal regulatory framework governing registered national securities exchanges and exempt markets is designed to protect investors and prevent against fraudulent and manipulative trading practices.

continued.... https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/enforcement-tm-statement-potentially-unlawful-online-platforms-trading

This is quite concerning. I do not recognize any of our industry exchanges on the following lists:

Investors can find a list of SEC-registered national securities exchanges here:  List of Active National Securities Exchanges
Investors can find a list of ATSs that have filed a Form ATS with the SEC here:  List of Active Alternative Trading Systems

Looks like the SEC is going after SAFT as well.

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-going-saft/?utm_source=ICO-facebook

I don't think they will have a problem unless they are selling ICO tokens that are securities. It is that security designation that puts them in regulatory hot water. Poloniex conducts their own version of the Howey Test before listing any tokens, and say they will remove any that appear to be a security even after listing. They have very few tokens listed compared to the overseas exchanges.

legendary

The SEC has released a statement today on exchanges and the sale of unregistered ICO token-securities. I gives a lot of information geared toward educating and protecting the investor, so I have the sneaky suspicion they are taking aim at these exchanges.

March 7, 2018

Online trading platforms have become a popular way investors can buy and sell digital assets, including coins and tokens offered and sold in so-called Initial Coin Offerings ("ICOs").  The platforms often claim to give investors the ability to quickly buy and sell digital assets.  Many of these platforms bring buyers and sellers together in one place and offer investors access to automated systems that display priced orders, execute trades, and provide transaction data.

A number of these platforms provide a mechanism for trading assets that meet the definition of a "security" under the federal securities laws.  If a platform offers trading of digital assets that are securities and operates as an "exchange," as defined by the federal securities laws, then the platform must register with the SEC as a national securities exchange or be exempt from registration.  The federal regulatory framework governing registered national securities exchanges and exempt markets is designed to protect investors and prevent against fraudulent and manipulative trading practices.

continued.... https://www.sec.gov/news/public-statement/enforcement-tm-statement-potentially-unlawful-online-platforms-trading

This is quite concerning. I do not recognize any of our industry exchanges on the following lists:

Investors can find a list of SEC-registered national securities exchanges here:  List of Active National Securities Exchanges
Investors can find a list of ATSs that have filed a Form ATS with the SEC here:  List of Active Alternative Trading Systems

Looks like the SEC is going after SAFT as well.

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-going-saft/?utm_source=ICO-facebook
legendary

March 7, 2018

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
I'm not going to copy the quotes. I'm just going to thank the DNotes team for answering my question so professionally. Dyna and TeeGee you are on top of it. I will share with everyone I know and they will be please with your answers. The future is bright with DNotes leading the way. Thank You. !!!! Keep up the great work. The white paper/roadmap will be exciting to read.

Just adding in my comments to this conversation.

The key to the success of DNotes is in the symbiotic relationship between DNotes and DNotes Global, Inc.

The core mission of DNotes Global, Inc is to drive mass adoption and the value of DNotes.

We have many components parts that can be replicated, or others may be working on, however the model we have created cannot be. Those individual components are not the core of what drives DNotes, they are just some of the pieces needed to accomplish our mission.
legendary

Merriam-Webster Adds More Crypto-Related Terms to Dictionary

https://dcebrief.com/merriam-webster-adds-more-crypto-related-terms-to-dictionary/

This was one of the criteria I was using to measure the success of cryptocurrency as an industry - when it no longer showed up as a spelling error. Grin

That is a good one, Chase. It's a great indicator of acceptance.

I have my own indicators too: More and more top bankers are requesting to connect with me on LinkedIn. And to top it off - including a Former Secretary of Treasury and other government officials. It's quite an honor. We must be doing something right and that has taken only four years to show up. Let's Go DNotes!!!

I'm seeing the same anecdotal evidence.

Last Wednesday I started the Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme and the first week has been groundwork stuff and getting to e-know classmates. The majority, ~60% probably, are bankers; with a whole bunch of that group from London.

A couple crypto entrepreneurs and a couple fewer technical folks. But mostly, a lot of bankers.

This is actually really great news, not only for the cryptocurrency industry as a whole, but especially for DNotes. I think at the end of the day, the currencies that succeed will be the ones whose leaders and developers make friends with the bankers. The banking and financial system will adapt but it's not going away.

Wiser, you are absolutely correct. "The banking and financial system will adapt but it's not going away."

We are creating a very friendly "Bridge" for bankers and regulators to work with us to best take full advantages of the new realities and opportunities being generated by the nascent decentralized world.

To gain mass adoption of DNotes, there must be a fully integrated financial system built for the digital age where digital cash will be the norm one day. Meanwhile, there are many challenges to overcome.
legendary

https://dcebrief.com/merriam-webster-adds-more-crypto-related-terms-to-dictionary/

This was one of the criteria I was using to measure the success of cryptocurrency as an industry - when it no longer showed up as a spelling error. Grin

I have my own indicators too: More and more top bankers are requesting to connect with me on LinkedIn. And to top it off - including a Former Secretary of Treasury and other government officials. It's quite an honor. We must be doing something right and that has taken only four years to show up. Let's Go DNotes!!!

Alan, it's been four years of hard work, and I can confidently say that there is nobody who works harder than you. Although not everyone wanted to help out, I'm sure they will all show up at the victory party to bask in DNotes' glory. The entire DNotes team has put in a wholehearted effort and that hard work is going to translate into a some very prosperous years for DNotes.

To steal a methodology from real estate appraisal and apply it to cryptocurrency; if you did a sales comparison between DNotes and many top industry competitors, you will find that our values would be much more closely aligned. Segwit, larger block sizes, and enhanced privacy are not improvements that add billions in value.

Thank you, Brandon. The credit should go to the entire DNotes Team. This is the most passionate and committed team I have the privilege of working with. We are very mission and purpose driven - do the right no matter how much harder it is. Taking four years to building a solid foundation, while watching others walking away with "quick money" is not easy for many people to justify. We happen to believe that if that is what it takes - it's well worth it.

Thank you all for your contributions.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

Last Wednesday I started the Oxford Blockchain Strategy Programme and the first week has been groundwork stuff and getting to e-know classmates. The majority, ~60% probably, are bankers; with a whole bunch of that group from London.

A couple crypto entrepreneurs and a couple fewer technical folks. But mostly, a lot of bankers.

This is actually really great news, not only for the cryptocurrency industry as a whole, but especially for DNotes. I think at the end of the day, the currencies that succeed will be the ones whose leaders and developers make friends with the bankers. The banking and financial system will adapt but it's not going away.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10

Alan, it's been four years of hard work, and I can confidently say that there is nobody who works harder than you. Although not everyone wanted to help out, I'm sure they will all show up at the victory party to bask in DNotes' glory. The entire DNotes team has put in a wholehearted effort and that hard work is going to translate into a some very prosperous years for DNotes.

To steal a methodology from real estate appraisal and apply it to cryptocurrency; if you did a sales comparison between DNotes and many top industry competitors, you will find that our values would be much more closely aligned. Segwit, larger block sizes, and enhanced privacy are not improvements that add billions in value.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100

legendary

I'll take your indicators any day!! That is excellent news for DNotes holders!
Jump to: